PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Darkhorse1
March 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks you guys, I noticed Flexi-8 made an error in my order--called them to change it yesterday. Still waiting for mine to arrive from another order :D

polette
March 8th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Here is a pic of my collection....so far...
I realy love the dangly ones... I was afraid the dangles where going to get lost in my hair, have you had that problem?

And I'm totally jealous of your ability to do a French twist!
:eek: This made me happy! I JUST learned how to do it, like a week ago? It has become one of my favorite ways to wear my hair...

As for the storage, maybe I should make some for gifts ;)
Actually, I think I saw someone on this thread many many many pages back store theirs on a scarf, which is where I got the idea. I just had nothing to hang it from except the medicine cabinet... Mainly, I wanted to make sure I didn't lose any to my 2.5 year old. He seems to be fascinated by them.

CarpeDM
March 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM
No dangly problem as far as them getting lost in my hair, sometimes however I have to be really careful taking them out as they like to cling to my hair when it is time to say goodbye :)

Henrietta
March 8th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I am planning another purchase now:) I think I will make a list of Flexis than I want now. Because when I have money I want to buy them immediately instead of struggling with "Which ones should I take?" And having such a list I'll feel closer to the moment of buying. I will have this impression that everything is arranged:D

laughinglynxie
March 8th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Did my first (very messy) french twist with a flexi!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5131/5510902951_87181d9457.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/57510203@N05/5510902951/)

Ishje
March 9th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Did my first (very messy) french twist with a flexi!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5131/5510902951_87181d9457.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/57510203@N05/5510902951/)

I think it looks great!!!

eresh
March 9th, 2011, 07:18 AM
very pretty!!

CarpeDM
March 9th, 2011, 07:30 AM
It came out really good, and I like how that particular flexi looks in your hair :thumbsup:

Darkhorse1
March 9th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I tend to wear my hair in a lazy twist--just one I developed on my own, but very much like the girl on the flexi ad with the long hair (though mine isn't anywhere that long). I don't log roll it as much as smush it together ;)

Have to say flexi is awesome--they fixed my order and it's out to be shipped. They responded so quickly to the error! :)

Rocket22
March 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Yay received all my new flexi8 yesterday! I'll have to post some pictures somtime, I never even heard of flexi8 before LHC and now I own 13! ok gonna stop now! :) I do have to say I LOVE THEM!!!!!

laughinglynxie
March 9th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I think it looks great!!!

very pretty!!

It came out really good, and I like how that particular flexi looks in your hair :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone! :D That makes me feel so encouraged to keep trying different things. (I just noticed, too, that if you look at the right side of the flexi pin, you can see my natural color peeping through, haha.)

CarpeDM
March 10th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Yay received all my new flexi8 yesterday! I'll have to post some pictures somtime, I never even heard of flexi8 before LHC and now I own 13! ok gonna stop now! :) I do have to say I LOVE THEM!!!!!

Can't wait to see those pics!

CarpeDM
March 11th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I just ordered a medium in that one link I posted earlier that Flexi just got in. I am now waiting for it to come in the mail, can't wait :bounce:

Fufu
March 11th, 2011, 07:22 AM
CarpeDM: Can't wait to see your flexi 8 >_ < I've always wanted to order medium but always worry I don't get to use them as often as small and extra small ones.

CarpeDM
March 11th, 2011, 07:45 AM
CarpeDM: Can't wait to see your flexi 8 >_ < I've always wanted to order medium but always worry I don't get to use them as often as small and extra small ones.

I know right?! I've been wanting a couple for updos and twists but the smalls are too snug, so I'm hoping a medium will work and crossing my fingers :eyebrows:

Fufu
March 11th, 2011, 07:56 AM
CarpeDM: Happens the exact same thing to my hair, i tried twist, tried buns on my hair, I think can break the metal stick of the small flexi 8. haha, can't wait to see yours.

Shany
March 11th, 2011, 08:09 AM
And a few more... :D:D:D:D
Mini
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad48/polette_photo/IMG_2773.jpg

I love this! Is it secure enough so it doesn't fall out easily?

Rennire
March 11th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I just received my first two flexi's yesterday and I am in love! :inlove: I bought an extra small and a medium and they are perfect for my hair. I want to buy the whole site now!

polette
March 11th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I love this! Is it secure enough so it doesn't fall out easily

It is pretty secure, unless I have oiled my hair, and I have left enough unbraided hair. It has slipped out when I have put it too close to my ends.

Love the pictures. Looking forward to seeing what other people got and how they use them!

SheaLynne
March 12th, 2011, 12:47 AM
This thread is sooo helpful (and so enabling!). I am looking at ordering my first flexi8s, and want to get one for dd, one we can both use for different things, and one for me.

My circ is about 4.25 inches and is right at tb length. It is wavy and medium, a bit slippery. I'd like to use mine for as many updos as I can. Should I skip the XL and go to an XXL?

I figured dd (with curly hair, tb at age 6 yo, and about 3 inch circ) could use a medium for ponies and some other things, but wonder if I should get a small for halfups instead?

And I figured a large would work for each of us in different ways.

What do you all think?

Thanks!!!

smileycat
March 12th, 2011, 05:14 AM
This thread is sooo helpful (and so enabling!). I am looking at ordering my first flexi8s, and want to get one for dd, one we can both use for different things, and one for me.

My circ is about 4.25 inches and is right at tb length. It is wavy and medium, a bit slippery. I'd like to use mine for as many updos as I can. Should I skip the XL and go to an XXL?

I figured dd (with curly hair, tb at age 6 yo, and about 3 inch circ) could use a medium for ponies and some other things, but wonder if I should get a small for halfups instead?

And I figured a large would work for each of us in different ways.

What do you all think?

Thanks!!!

My hair is between 3.25-3.5" diameter, and I use a small for a ponytail and extra small for half ups. I think a medium will be to large to hold your dd's hair in a ponytail.

CrisDee
March 12th, 2011, 05:17 AM
...My circ is about 4.25 inches and is right at tb length. It is wavy and medium, a bit slippery. I'd like to use mine for as many updos as I can. Should I skip the XL and go to an XXL?

I figured dd (with curly hair, tb at age 6 yo, and about 3 inch circ) could use a medium for ponies and some other things, but wonder if I should get a small for halfups instead?...

My circumference is presently 3.25" (still some too-short layers), and the medium is too big for my ponytails, the small works fine - and it also works for me for half-ups. My hair is very slippery, so I need any device to be super tight in a pony or it will fall out. For some reason, the half-up stays in without needing to be so tight - although I'm sure that in a 6 yo's hair it would need to be pretty tight, as they bounce around a good bit more than I do at my age! :D

SheaLynne
March 12th, 2011, 08:43 AM
My hair is between 3.25-3.5" diameter, and I use a small for a ponytail and extra small for half ups. I think a medium will be to large to hold your dd's hair in a ponytail.

My circumference is presently 3.25" (still some too-short layers), and the medium is too big for my ponytails, the small works fine - and it also works for me for half-ups. My hair is very slippery, so I need any device to be super tight in a pony or it will fall out. For some reason, the half-up stays in without needing to be so tight - although I'm sure that in a 6 yo's hair it would need to be pretty tight, as they bounce around a good bit more than I do at my age! :D

Ohh, thank you for that input. I actually measured her pony this morning, and it is 3.5 inches pulled pretty tight, but since I would definitely want it tight (very good point, CrisDee!), I may start with the small, since she can continue to use it for halfups even if her pony outgrows it. Her hair is not as slippery since it is curly, but she does bounce around alot!!

Thank you!!

HairStickler
March 12th, 2011, 11:47 AM

SheaLynne, my hair is very similar to yours (roughly same circumference and length, but mine is wavier). I use a medium flexi-8 for half-ups, a large for ponytails, an XL can hold the narrower updos, and a mega (XXL) works for buns.

eresh
March 12th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Polette how beautiful!

I love this thread, it's the best one on the entire board ;-)

I also ordered 2 new ones, XL's.
They were shipped today YAY

Ishje
March 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM
my flexi arrived today ^^ I am surprised at the speed, they where send out Tuesday.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/kapsels/P1070603.jpg

the green one is for me, the others are for friends.
I regret not ordering more.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/kapsels/P1070605.jpg

eresh
March 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Lovely!
I have these beads on a flexi too, but mine are much darker (not much colourcoating on them), yours have a more beautiful metallic shine.

Ishje
March 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
the beads are so pretty!
that goes for most of the flexi's though!

SheaLynne
March 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM
SheaLynne, my hair is very similar to yours (roughly same circumference and length, but mine is wavier). I use a medium flexi-8 for half-ups, a large for ponytails, an XL can hold the narrower updos, and a mega (XXL) works for buns.

Thank you, HairStickler! That's almost exactly what I thought would work... that is very helpful! :)

The hard part is narrowing it down to which one to start with??? I just ordered two new hats, so I'm limited on what I can spend right now...may have to wait until I can order more all at once and save on shipping...or wait for the next free shipping...but how can I wait that long??? :D

my flexi arrived today ^^ I am surprised at the speed, they where send out Tuesday.

the green one is for me, the others are for friends.
I regret not ordering more.

Ishje, that is just gorgeous and perfect for your hair. What a great job selecting one perfect one!

enfys
March 12th, 2011, 03:03 PM

Huh. Mine were sent out Monday and aren't here yet. :(

I'm getting anxious about customs even though I'm almost certain this is below the threshold.

ETA: And how rude of me to not tell you that Flexi looks lovely in your hair!

Vorvolaka
March 12th, 2011, 03:08 PM
That green looks lovely, Ishje!

Enfys, mine were sent out at the beginning of the week too and I still don't have them.

Yosha
March 13th, 2011, 04:08 AM
That green flexi8 looks gorgeous on your hair Ishje! *puts the green one on her list too*:cool:

Ishje
March 13th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Huh. Mine were sent out Monday and aren't here yet. :(

I'm getting anxious about customs even though I'm almost certain this is below the threshold.

ETA: And how rude of me to not tell you that Flexi looks lovely in your hair!

I was surprised at the speed. with my first order it took over a month for them to arrive.
I hope yours arrive soon! I alway's worry about the customs as well.

Vorvolaka and Yosha, thank you both ^^

Vorvolaka
March 14th, 2011, 06:24 AM
My first Flexi's arrived!!!

They are great but also show how updo challenged I am. :D

I'll try and get some pics up when the other two arrive and I have practiced. It may take awile...

CarpeDM
March 14th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Still waiting for my order...:sleep:

polette
March 14th, 2011, 07:48 AM
After seeing the green in your hair, I wish I had gotten a bigger one, as I have it in extra small. Oh no, here I am plotting another order already...

Looks wonderful, can't wait to see more pictures!

Nae
March 14th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Okay, I got a bunch of flexi-8s in the mail, like 12 I think. *blushes* I just took a photo of one in my hair for the "wear all my hairtoys once" thread. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22367&page=269

You can see that photo there but I will add a different one here that I think shows the colors very nicely. This is a medium by the way.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5213/5526587546_dea3325844.jpg

MaiCarInMtl
March 14th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I just got mine on Friday! I love them and am already planning to order a medium sized one within the next little while. Supper fast shipping - I couldn't believe that it got here so quickly! I'll try and take some pictures soon.

Shany
March 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I just got mine on Friday! I love them and am already planning to order a medium sized one within the next little while. Supper fast shipping - I couldn't believe that it got here so quickly! I'll try and take some pictures soon.

Just curious, I live near Montreal and I was wondering how lond did it take to recieve it? Thanks

ooo
March 15th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I got my new XL today. First I was afraid, that I would not be able to use if for a while, since my hair is still that short, but, um, no. I just have to fold it. Nothing slips and it stays on the hole day. Anyone else doing to folding-do?

CarpeDM
March 15th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hooray, I finally got my order :cheese: and a medium was not as big as I thought, so now I've ordered some larges...here is a pic of the one I ordered, I am totally loving it...

http://www.flexi8.com/1852.html?id=rjW4ZDag

eresh
March 15th, 2011, 03:37 PM
My flexi's arrived today!:):):)
Both XL's, one silver with olive beads and one antique gold with AB beads.
Click to enlarge

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1438/20110315xlolive.th.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/20110315xlolive.jpg/)

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/425/20110315xlgoldab.th.jpg (http://img825.imageshack.us/i/20110315xlgoldab.jpg/)

Both daylight pictures :-)

enfys
March 15th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Mine arrived today too! Two identical smalls, and they work great for what I wanted. I've also found my pony size! M worked but slipped out; S actually stays. I'm a happy goose.

No photos yet, but I'll blog about them after I wash my hair and can pst the pics then!

eresh
March 16th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Yay! Can't wait to see your pics

Idun
March 16th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Eresh, how did find a flexi with such beautiful Olive beads? Is that a custom?

eresh
March 16th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Yes, I asked if they happened to have olive beads :-)
They had a look and found some left over beads from the past.
For the extra custom fee, yep, it was worth it :-)

Idun
March 16th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Yes totally worth it, your flexis are gorgeous!

So you just e-mailed them and expressed your wishes? How much is the custom fee? I wasn&#180;t aware you could do that!

Vorvolaka
March 16th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Not the best quality pic byt this is my mini Flexi holding the front part of my hair back. I then just braided the whole lot:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7452&pictureid=98353

I'd post the picture but it's huge.

eresh
March 16th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Idun, long time ago I saw that colour beads on someones flexi.
(i think it was in this very thread!)
So I thought,maybe they have some of those left.
You never know :-)
They did!

There's an extra fee for custom wishes, I think it varies, one time it was 1,50, one time it was 3 extra.

Idun
March 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
That´s not bad to get your customized dream flexi!:)

I am sooo looking into that. Off to the flexi site :run:

enfys
March 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Wow. That's a painfully reasonable price for a custom Flexi, considering that they obviously need to create the design to be a suitable size with beads there aren't familiar with and whatnot. Very good.

I made my little wishlist last night of regular designs I want (mostly S and only one XL left that I want!) but I haven't looked into customs yet. Baby steps, baby steps.

Idun
March 16th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I ordered a couple at the free shipping sale, but they haven´arrived yet. That will be my first XL, and I need to make sure that size works for me before making another order. But I looove those olive beads! Maybe if I think too long all of them will be gone? :bunny:

eresh
March 16th, 2011, 04:48 PM
LOL, well, I think they use olive beads on the freestyle flexis sometimes, so I assume there's a little stash :D

enfys
March 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cbUAbz7r4ZM/TYFbu_uI9nI/AAAAAAAAAII/w8B2H2Jt_lU/s1600/170311+Crown+braid+flexi+8+variation.jpg

Awfully small, not detailed picture of my new S Flexi helping to hold a Heidi braid (he has an identical twin on the other side!). I'm happy this size can hold a braid made with either all my hair or just half of it. I wouldn't trust it t hold a half up though!

Idun
March 17th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Pretty, enfys!

That is a style I never got the hang of. I think there is something wrong with the shape of my head. :rolleyes:

Darkhorse1
March 17th, 2011, 08:07 AM
OMG! I just got my flexis and LOVE them--the extra small is perfect for half ups and the medium is for ponytails and hopefully folded braids. My large, which I ordered before this order still hasn't come---bizarre, but the flexi people have been soooo helpful :)

I seriously love my medium green emerald flexi and I'm not usually drawn to green :D

*Aoife*
March 18th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Oh, exciting! I didn't know you could get custom ones made. This is fantastic :D Does anyone know if the center piece the same for all Flexi-8's? There is a skull type one that I've had my eye on lately that I'd love, but they only have it in one of the tiny sizes.

Darkhorse1
March 18th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Aofie--they can custom make it--what you do is order the size/color/style you want, then in the instructions when checking out, you say you want the center piece of the other one (skull). I've done this a few times and it's not an issue--they explain on the website with the Q&A section.

I've never asked for a custom order in regards to my own bead design. I'd LOVE to get a flexi with metalic dark blue beads and a dark blue center like the emerald green one, but I've maxed my finances with flexis (I'm on a tight budget)

Sossity
March 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I like the flexi's they stay in my hair, my only concern was that they have metal parts in them that sometimes catch in my hair, I read that using metal stuff in one's hair can break hairs, has anybody found the flexi's hard on their hair like this?

Theobroma
March 19th, 2011, 03:24 AM
I like the flexi's they stay in my hair, my only concern was that they have metal parts in them that sometimes catch in my hair, I read that using metal stuff in one's hair can break hairs, has anybody found the flexi's hard on their hair like this?

I've never had a Flexi catch my hair. If you're worried, get one with a centrepiece that doesn't have any protruding bits (like dragonfly bodies or whatever); those might conceivably snag just a tiny bit when you take the clip out, even though I really can't see that doing any damage.

Sundial
March 19th, 2011, 05:01 AM
I had experiences with my hair getting caught in Flexis and they happened as a result of:
- protruding metal bit on the centre piece
- getting caught in between 2 beads

I managed to resolve the first issue because they were nice enough to replace my Flexi since the metal bit was in a hard-to-reach area (I couldn't file it down).

With the second issue, there's not much that can be done about it. Since it doesn't happen too often, I try not to let it get to me :(

CrisDee
March 19th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Every once in a while I'll have a hair that will catch on a centerpiece. So I've gotten in the habit of simply removing the Flexi slowly, jiggling it a bit as I take it out, to allow any caught hairs to un-catch.

*Aoife*
March 19th, 2011, 08:40 PM

My hair sometimes snags on my dragonfly centerpiece. But I only find it does that if I leave curls drooping over the front and if I whip it out quickly.

Thanks Darkhorse :D I'd love a custom one. But finances, finances, finances :(

enfys
March 20th, 2011, 12:25 PM

Metal isn't a problem in itself. Look at Ficarres, wavelength pins, Quattro, Spin Pins, Amish pins etc. Well finished metal is fine for most/all people (depending on senitivities I suppose).

I have found my hair will catch on the beads as I remove them if there is a prominent shaped design, like long petals on a flower. Going slowly as I take it out stops that being a real issue though.

catspank
March 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Here is my 'Freestyle' Flexi XL (http://www.flexi8.com/1857.html?id=PFiRYP5s):

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5136/5541346215_d6ff3eb6b2.jpg

For some reason I thought that these were made up randomly, but it looks like mine is exactly like the one on the website. Hm.

smileycat
March 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
My hair catches on the center pieces of some styles.

Catspank, WOW I just about fell off my chair! Those jewel tones look amazing in your hair!

I had a bit of a Flexi breakthrough today. Medium holding a lazy wrap bun! Finally I can use my Flexi collection for something other than half ups and ponytails.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7477&pictureid=98647

SheaLynne
March 20th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I decided on our order and dd and I are wearing our first flexis today! Mine is all silver and XL...it is working for a variety of buns, just as I had hoped, and room to grow with the french twist, which makes it an option for me again.

However, dd's small did not turn out to be the right size for her ponytail, as I had hoped. I just cannot quite get it to close around all her hair, so a variety of half-ups are what works with that one. We'll just have to order a medium for her in our next order!

I'll try to get some pics put together sometime soon.....

catspank
March 20th, 2011, 02:38 PM
My hair catches on the center pieces of some styles.

Catspank, WOW I just about fell off my chair! Those jewel tones look amazing in your hair!

I had a bit of a Flexi breakthrough today. Medium holding a lazy wrap bun! Finally I can use my Flexi collection for something other than half ups and ponytails.

Thank you :redgrin:

That is a LWB in my picture too :) The XL is overkill for that bun on me, but a large fits just right. I'm still trying to work out what an XL fits perfectly for me, I really like this flexi!

Ishje
March 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Catspank, that is so pretty! wonderful with all the colors :D it looks great in your hair!

Smileycat, that is so lovely in your hair!

eresh
March 20th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Catspank & Smileycat, BEAUTIFYL flexi's!and updo's aswell

Theobroma
March 21st, 2011, 02:41 AM
Smileycat, that's beautiful! I often do a Nautilus with a Flexi, but for some reason it hadn't occurred to me to try them in a LWB. Must remedy that as soon as possible... :)

Catspank, WOW! Gorgeous clip and gorgeous bun.

polette
March 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM
I have been wearing my flexis for a couple weeks now, and I still have yet to catch my hair or get it tangled. I wish they made a soft plastic version for night time/sleeping!!! I hate putting elastics in now, and my hair ALWAYS gets tangled or gets pulled out with elastics.

polette
March 21st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Oh, and I love the pictures! The multi colored on looks fantastic against your black hair.

Darkhorse1
March 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I get them caught in my hair--but, I'm special in that department ;)

I LOVE that flexi Smileycat--I've been debating getting that one next month when I have the funds, but I'm not keen on the centerpiece. I haven't found a centerpiece that I think could match the beads, so I just keep looking.

Funny flexi story ---Saturday, I wore my emerald green one in a braided ponytail and I was shopping with my mom and her friend in a really nice gift shop. We were all buying these gorgeous one of a kind jewelry pieces and my mom commented on my flexi. Then her friend commented and the sales lady just gasped with glee "Fleix 8!! I've wanted to try those for SO long!" and then mom's friend said the same thing. Hahahahah. So, I took it out for them to look at, and explained sizing is on the website. I made a sale for flexis as the woman ringing in our order was sold after seeing mine in action. HAHAAHAH.

Now, question: When you all have 'dirty' hair, do your larger flexi's slip? I'm having this with the medium when using it for a ponytail. Only on non-wash days. I have a very greasy scalp so my guess is that I can only use my medium for ponytails on clean hair days.

Oh, and you ladies were right--I need and XL for a bun :)

catspank
March 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM
Thank you Ishje, eresh, Theobroma and polette for the compliments :heart:

Shany
March 21st, 2011, 06:32 PM
Here is my 'Freestyle' Flexi XL (http://www.flexi8.com/1857.html?id=PFiRYP5s):

For some reason I thought that these were made up randomly, but it looks like mine is exactly like the one on the website. Hm.

It looks awesome! I checked every page of this thread last week to see how this flexi look IRL, on hair, but I didn't see any. It's on my wishlist! ;)

catspank
March 21st, 2011, 06:41 PM
Thank you!!!

I had this one on my wishlist for ages, I think they didn't make this style for a while :shrug:

You know, try searching the thread for "rainbow", I'm positive there are pics here, at least of the similar one they used to make.

Sundial
March 21st, 2011, 10:32 PM
The XL is overkill for that bun on me, but a large fits just right. I'm still trying to work out what an XL fits perfectly for me, I really like this flexi!

catspank I love how big your buns always look!! My LWB always looks compressed on me, did you happen to make yours looser is that why??

I tried making mine loose a couple of times but the weight of the mega drags the updo undone and XL doesn't fit :mad: I can get XL to hold if I ignore the right side of the LWB and just grasp everything on the left side but it leaves my right side bulky. I'm not sure if you understand what I'm trying to say here :o

Anyway, to address your problem, you can still get XL to fit a LWB comfortably! When I was growing out from the XL into the mega, I couldn't figure how to make the mega work on the lazy wrap. But then I realized that if u grasp more hair from the right-hand side instead of the part where the fingers usually are, then you will have more hair to stabilize the 8 part.

In other words, usually we place the metal pin right where the fingers rest right? Instead of inserting it there, move more to the side and grasp more hair to the side of the fingers before you flip the pin over to secure.

Experiment around to see how much more hair you need to grasp to make the XL fit more snugly :p Let me know if you need pictures to make the explaination clearer. DH is out of town so I don't have a photographer here right now.

Yamainu
March 22nd, 2011, 12:53 AM
I got a LWB to work for me! Now I have a use for that medium flexi I thought I'd outgrown....

smileycat
March 22nd, 2011, 04:41 AM
I got a LWB to work for me! Now I have a use for that medium flexi I thought I'd outgrown....

:cheese: Yay!

And thanks, everyone, for your kind comments. I was just so excited that I finally figured out how to use Flexi's to secure a bun! They proved to be a little tricky for me.

bunzfan
March 22nd, 2011, 04:46 AM
To the people in the uk how long does your flexi take to reach you if you have basic delivery? as i ordered mine last week and it said it could take up to 4 weeks?

Vorvolaka
March 22nd, 2011, 04:56 AM
To the people in the uk how long does your flexi take to reach you if you have basic delivery? as i ordered mine last week and it said it could take up to 4 weeks?

I got mine within 9-10 days. I was pleasantly surprised with the speed.

Pierre
March 22nd, 2011, 05:29 AM
I have been wearing my flexis for a couple weeks now, and I still have yet to catch my hair or get it tangled. I wish they made a soft plastic version for night time/sleeping!!! I hate putting elastics in now, and my hair ALWAYS gets tangled or gets pulled out with elastics.
I always sleep wearing Flexis, except when I just washed. But the largest I wear when sleeping is a small, of which I have a matching pair (snowflake). If I wear a single bun with a medium, I have to redo the bun before falling asleep. Right now I'm wearing the two XS open flower Flexis in a pair of braided buns.

SpinDance
March 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
polette, I also always sleep in a Flexi. I use a Medium to hold a Nautilus or similar wrapped bun. Normally I use a large for this bun, but I can just get a medium to close, and it is narrower, so I sleep with that. I don't catch scalp hair, just catch the middle of the bun. It will unwind a little, but since that just makes the Flexi arrange itself a bit vertically instead of just horizontally, so it's actually more comfortable that way.

Darkhorse1
March 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Took mine close to 3 weeks to get to me and I'm just in Canada ;)

Theobroma
March 22nd, 2011, 02:38 PM

Continental Europe here, not UK, but for whatever it may be worth, I received one Flexi shipment after three to four weeks and another after just over a week, and it was standard shipping both times! :rolleyes:

catspank
March 22nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
catspank I love how big your buns always look!! My LWB always looks compressed on me, did you happen to make yours looser is that why??

Hmm, I might just make them looser than you do :shrug: I never make any of my buns too tight as it bothers me.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a try!

squintinschool
March 22nd, 2011, 11:12 PM
Hurrah, my flexis arrived yesterday!

I've only worn the XL today, in a LWB:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6883&pictureid=98865

I also got the minis for my cousins, and they are tiny! Granted, they came with my XL and L, so its a relative thing, but they are soo adorable.

HairStickler
March 23rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
You have good taste, squintinschool...I have the exact same flexi! :D

bunzfan
March 23rd, 2011, 04:54 AM
Thank you girls hopefully i won't have to long to wait:D

squintinschool
March 23rd, 2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks, HairStickler! It really is a pretty one isn't it?

Here's my second flexi, a large:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6883&pictureid=98934

Mesmerise
March 25th, 2011, 02:26 AM
I got mine within 9-10 days. I was pleasantly surprised with the speed.

Took mine close to 3 weeks to get to me and I'm just in Canada ;)

Wow! I must be veeery lucky! I ordered 3 Flexi 8's on Sunday 20th (my time in Australia), they were sent out Monday US time (Tuesday here), and arrived here this morning (Friday 25th my time... although it was still only Thursday in the US). So that's like... 3 days from the US to Australia?! I was blown away! I only used the regular shipping too... so wow!

bunzfan
March 28th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I only got mine at the weekend and i love it already so i ordered two more

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/005-1.jpg

i just ordered these
http://www.flexi8.com/1346.html?id=VC83GpbV
http://www.flexi8.com/1208.html?id=VC83GpbV

If i am finding the medium a tight fit already does that mean my hair is quite thick? its only just past BSL.

Rocket22
March 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM
All your photos are sooo beautiful I feel bad I'm not doing this flexi8 justice. but I'll get better pictures later I posted this in the Caruso Steam Roller thread, that is how I got the curls, but I love love love my flexi8's. this is a mini. I wish I had to use a large or even bigger but it's mini and xsmall for me :(

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6650&pictureid=99069

Lianna
March 29th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I just got this one from the swap board, it's a small. :) I tried to do a ponytail with it, almost got it, but I don't like ponytails anyway. I'm also happy to report that my XL holds a french twist perfectly now, it was loose when I got it months ago, although worked for buns. My hair is slightly past shoulder now, but I couldn't resist and ordered the mega with white pearls (http://www.flexi8.com/1777.html?id=AZM9BHF9), since the XL is much tighter on my buns now.

Here's the picture:
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa430/Lianna333/Hair/Hair&#37;20up/Imag2457.jpg

@Rocket22

Your hair looks so stunning! :)

Rennire
March 30th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Everybody's Flexis look so good! I got a medium one a few weeks ago and I'm having a hard time making it hold anything. I won't give up yet though because it is so pretty!

I got an extra small one for my birthday which I love!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5402&pictureid=99039

I'm very tempted to buy some more little ones!

Vorvolaka
March 30th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Ooh, Rennire that one is pretty! I didn't like it on the website but it's much nicer in RL.

Rennire
March 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks Vorvolaka! I'm really happy with it! =D

PrincessBob
March 30th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Pretty, pretty... I love the length shots on you ladies with half-ups!

Fufu
April 1st, 2011, 01:26 AM
squintinschool: I like the green flexi 8 on your hair

bunzfan: Is your flexi 8 large or extra large? looks great.

Rocket22: Although I can't really see the colour and design of your flexi 8, it goes very well with your hair :)

Rennire: Happy belated birthday :) your flexi 8 is beautiful.

I beginning to even more adore flexi 8, they are so useful for any hairstyles, braids, half ups, buns.. love them.. now I'm thinking of getting a medium and a large next. Free shipping please come soon.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/REfusion88/IMG00755-20110401-1508-1.jpg
flexi 8 for braids

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/REfusion88/Flexi8_26211_2-1.jpg
flexi 8 for half up

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/REfusion88/Flexi83-3-111-1.jpg
flexi 8 for half braid

Small and extra small are not big enough for buns.

blackcatw81
April 1st, 2011, 02:55 AM
Can I show you my collection? :D
http://upmyphoto.com/thumbs/blackcatw81/25032011017.jpg (http://upmyphoto.com/image/59854/187011e) http://upmyphoto.com/thumbs/blackcatw81/dscn0405.jpg (http://upmyphoto.com/image/60405/6adeacd)
(right pict, first two from top are for my sister-in-law.. I hope she will appreciate them ;) )
..and little very fast styles
http://upmyphoto.com/thumbs/blackcatw81/310311capelena01.jpg (http://upmyphoto.com/image/60765/533a14f) http://upmyphoto.com/thumbs/blackcatw81/310311capelena02.jpg (http://upmyphoto.com/image/60766/07901b4) http://upmyphoto.com/thumbs/blackcatw81/310311capelena03.jpg (http://upmyphoto.com/image/60767/4e5b852) http://upmyphoto.com/thumbs/blackcatw81/310311capelena04.jpg (http://upmyphoto.com/image/60768/d62c404) http://upmyphoto.com/thumbs/blackcatw81/310311capelena05.jpg (http://upmyphoto.com/image/60769/94bd05c)
from left to right: extra-small, small, small, medium, large :)

CrisDee
April 7th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Fufu and Blackcat, I LOVE your Flexis!! :crush: And I'm a little disappointed in myself for not snatching up the March special, as I am totally in love with the color green.

But this one I could not pass up - I love dragonflies more than is reasonable. :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4379&pictureid=99878

And I did pick up the Majestic Cross that is their April special - will get a pic of that soon, I promise! :)

blackcatw81
April 7th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks CrisDee! ;)
I waited for that free shipping for at least months, so in the meantime I chosecarefully ;P

Ps: you have a fab hair-colour!

CrisDee
April 7th, 2011, 07:38 AM
...Ps: you have a fab hair-colour!

Awww, thanks! :flowers: It's amazing how different lighting makes henna look SO different - hard to believe the hair in my avatar, sig pic and the above pic are all on the same person!

Theobroma
April 7th, 2011, 07:52 AM
And I did pick up the Majestic Cross that is their April special - will get a pic of that soon, I promise! :)

That dragonfly looks gorgeous in your hair!

But what's this about an April special? I just had a quick poke around the site and couldn't find any references. Anyone have a link?

CrisDee
April 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM
It doesn't seem to be showing up on the regular Flexi8 site - it shows on the site that's for those of us who are trying to subsidize our Flexi addiction by doing the consultant thing. :D I've PM'd you the link. :)

blackcatw81
April 7th, 2011, 08:01 AM
@CrisDee: you could say that! Soon I'll upload some pics of mine taken in the sunset light ;)

UltraBella
April 7th, 2011, 08:07 AM
My mega flexi arrived and I love it !!!!!!!! So very pretty, it's just perfect. There is a pic of it in my hair album, I am too lazy to upload it to photobucket right now.

ingvild
April 7th, 2011, 09:07 AM
UltraBella, I love your hair in the flexi-8 (and without the flexi-8, too, haha)! Very pretty.

And CrisDee yay dragonfly! :cheese: That's my favourite one, it looks great in your hair.

Question: What size flexi-8 should I get for say, cinnabuns? My hair is ~3.75 thick and will probably be at BSL for a long time. Large?

LadyG
April 7th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Thank you for posting where to find the flexi8 with the cross. I just ordered it in medium. I work in a faith-based hospital so this is really nice for me.

Fufu
April 7th, 2011, 09:37 AM
CrisDee: I like your flexi 8, it goes perfectly with your hair color.

UltraBella: Awesome-looking mega flexi 8.

Rocket22
April 7th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Love all the flexi8's they are awesome and everyones look great. here is a medium these are by far my favorite hair toys. very easy to use and looks cute!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6650&pictureid=99921

Ishje
April 8th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Rocket22 that looks amazing in your hair! very cute!

nighthawk
April 8th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Love the flexi8's! I have a small, L, and XL. Wishing they had one between the L and XL, it would be perfect for my hair. Really need to order some minis for use instead of clip barettes.

Theobroma
April 8th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Love the flexi8's! I have a small, L, and XL. Wishing they had one between the L and XL, it would be perfect for my hair. Really need to order some minis for use instead of clip barettes.

I second the call for a size between L and XL! I unwisely ordered a couple of XLs during their last free shipping period because I thought they'd be good for full cinnabuns, but now that I have them I see it's going to be another year at least before I've grown into them! A size halfway between the two would be perfect for so many purposes...

ingvild
April 9th, 2011, 02:41 AM
It's my birthday soon, so I think I'm going to treat myself to at least one flexi-8 :eyebrows: I'm eyeing these:

Celtic interlace with vibrant emerald beads in antique gold (http://www.flexi8.com/1354.html?id=2reHzEHI) and
Lovely circle stone in emerald green with metallic beads (http://www.flexi8.com/1019.html?id=2reHzEHI) or maybe I'll just get a BIG Gold dragonfly (http://www.flexi8.com/0698.html?id=2reHzEHI)! Wow, didn't see the last one first. Maybe I'll get two? I really want a green one, it's my favourite colour. But the dragonfly..!!

Theobroma
April 9th, 2011, 03:09 AM
It's my birthday soon, so I think I'm going to treat myself to at least one flexi-8 :eyebrows: I'm eyeing these:

Celtic interlace with vibrant emerald beads in antique gold (http://www.flexi8.com/1354.html?id=2reHzEHI) and
Lovely circle stone in emerald green with metallic beads (http://www.flexi8.com/1019.html?id=2reHzEHI) or maybe I'll just get a BIG Gold dragonfly (http://www.flexi8.com/0698.html?id=2reHzEHI)! Wow, didn't see the last one first. Maybe I'll get two? I really want a green one, it's my favourite colour. But the dragonfly..!!

Two flexis are always better than one. :D But they're very helpful about making custom clips, so you could also ask them to put the dragonfly centre on the first clip, that way you'd have your green beads and your dragonfly in one package!

CrisDee
April 9th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Love the Celtic and green - and of course I looooove the dragonfly! I think you need all 3! *enabling mode*

Hiriel
April 9th, 2011, 06:14 AM

I have the celtic interlace and emerald one in XL, and use it a lot. The green colour is lovely :D

ingvild
April 10th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Thanks for enabling :p I ended up getting the celtic with emerald beads and the dragonfly :D Yippie!

My currency also appears to be very strong right now, so I should probably shop a lot while I have the chance :eyebrows:

Hiriel
April 10th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Thanks for enabling :p I ended up getting the celtic with emerald beads and the dragonfly :D Yippie!

My currency also appears to be very strong right now, so I should probably shop a lot while I have the chance :eyebrows:

I LOVE it when the dollar is cheap. Nom nom nom, shopping spree.

okiesarah
April 10th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Yay! Got my first two flexi's ever thanks to this site. I think it should really be longhairenablingcommunity.com. Enablement seems to be a disease around here. I can't wait to get them though. I got one with danglies. LOVE danglies. Dangly hairsticks will probably be my next stop. :D

ashke50
April 12th, 2011, 06:33 AM
My Flexi8s arrived today! I am at work, so I can't play with them yet, but they are so pretty.

I know what I will be putting on birthday present lists from now on!

Mesmerise
April 12th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Oooh... I googled Flexi 8 coupon code before buying mine (cause I saw there was a spot to enter a coupon code) and I found one and ended up saving a few $$. It's worthwhile to have a look before purchasing :D.

I need to buy more Flexi 8's in other sizes too... I find that the S is too big for my ponytail (it just sorta slips out) and the XS I bought for half up styles actually holds my ponytail. I can use the S if I do my hair in a twisted up thingy, and a M will hold my bun *sigh*... I know my hair IS going to thicken up but it seems sooooo pitiful when other people need XL to hold their buns in place!! I guess I will consider it a hair growth "victory" of sorts when the S holds my ponytail properly!!

I now need a mini for half up styles...and well...probably just some others because they're so pretty :D

Rocket22
April 12th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Rocket22 that looks amazing in your hair! very cute!

Thank you so much!!!!!! I need to get better pictures, but I have many more flexi8's to take photos of so I will get to taken more photos :) Now I just need a couple of really good hair days

CarpeDM
April 15th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Has anyone ever had any issues with returning or special ordering flexi's?

Sundial
April 15th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Has anyone ever had any issues with returning or special ordering flexi's?

I didn't have any issues with those :p their customer service is excellent! In fact I had an issue with a bur on 1 of the centerpieces and they sent me a new replacement free of charge because it didn't make economical sense for me to mail it back to them.

CarpeDM
April 15th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Hmmmm must be just me then :(

AnqeIicDemise
April 16th, 2011, 10:42 AM

Oh. My. God. I want the gold one with the celtic interlace for my birthday. (Hint Hint: DH. You got three weeks!)

It just matches my engagement ring beautifully.

ingvild
April 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I just got it in the mail, and it looks beautiful in person too :eyebrows:

I only have action shots of the dragonfly one, in a terrible lazy wrap bun. :p Please excuse! I'm wearing a much neater one now, but it's late and haha. I'm impressed with how secure it is. Large feels like a good size, for now. :cheese:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5224/5632373654_738f70a6bd.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pingvingvild/5632373654/)

Ishje
April 18th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Ingvild: that is gorgeous! it colors so well with your hair!

Theobroma
April 19th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Ingvild, that flexi looks awesome in your hair! (And I actually like the look of that messy LWB; you seem to have the right texture to pull off that look!)

CrisDee
April 19th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Oooohhhh, LOVE how that looks in your hair! :crush:

Sundial
April 19th, 2011, 04:33 AM
My first picture contribution :o

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6790&pictureid=100700

Mega Roman Cross

Theobroma
April 19th, 2011, 06:14 AM
My first picture contribution :o

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6790&pictureid=100700

Mega Roman Cross

That looks STUNNING! :thudpile:

ashke50
April 19th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Did a figure 8 bun with my new medium flexi8

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7629&pictureid=100545

Rennire
April 19th, 2011, 05:20 PM
ashke50, I just ordered that same clip last week and I am eagerly waiting for it to arrive! It looks great in your hair and your figure 8 bun looks perfect! I can never get mine to look like that!

LadyJennifer
April 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM

Agreed! Wow!

Sundial
April 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Agreed! Wow!

Thank you :o

ashke50
April 20th, 2011, 02:48 AM
ashke50, I just ordered that same clip last week and I am eagerly waiting for it to arrive! It looks great in your hair and your figure 8 bun looks perfect! I can never get mine to look like that!
It is a very pretty clip - hope yours arrives soon.

Rocket22
April 20th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Sundial: Wow!!! you have a lot of hair!! you lucky girl
Ashke50: That is sooo pretty and I just love your hair color

Here is another mini I have.. I don't know how you guys get your pictures so clear? I try and try but not so much luck.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6650&pictureid=100803

Theobroma
April 21st, 2011, 04:12 AM
Rocket22, that looks lovely in your hair! And the picture looks perfectly clear to me -- no problems there at all!

Sundial
April 21st, 2011, 04:27 AM
Rocket22 the picture is clear to me too :D

Yeah I didn't realize how much hair I had until I bought my first batch of Flexi-8s during their "Buy 4, Get 1 Free" promotion :( None of the flexis could fit, so I had to buy a new batch since it doesn't make economical sense for me to return them. The smaller ones are reserved for halfups now. I guess it was my fault for not checking my third hair classifier before I started buying hair toys :o

ETA: Is that the Tree of Life flexi?? I have it in medium (the first batch whose size I botched up) and in mega :D It looks dressy

Aveyronnaise
April 21st, 2011, 05:17 AM
So, I am going to get some flexi's for my birthday next month and I wanted to get some feedback about size.
My hair is pretty thick the circ. of the ponytail is 4 and 5/8 ths on a day that is straight , no braid waves etc, and that is with bangs.
I'd like to have some versatility with my flexi's, I wear 2 braid styles a lot , I'd like to use them to hold up some Heidi , crown braids etc. I do want a larger one for buns and twists.
I was thinking about getting 2 med and 1 large ?
I want to get about 30 of them lol , but I have to settle for just a few.
I wanted feed back from here because I am right in between two of the measurements. Do you guys think I should just get a Xtra large since I am going to let my hair get longer ?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Lianna
April 21st, 2011, 02:04 PM
I find the flexi 8 sizes very difficult to figure it out, but I have an extra large that I can use on my short hair (SL-APL, thick), so I think you're safe to buy one of these. For half-ups my small works okay.

*Aoife*
April 24th, 2011, 04:23 PM
So, I am going to get some flexi's for my birthday next month and I wanted to get some feedback about size.
My hair is pretty thick the circ. of the ponytail is 4 and 5/8 ths on a day that is straight , no braid waves etc, and that is with bangs.
I'd like to have some versatility with my flexi's, I wear 2 braid styles a lot , I'd like to use them to hold up some Heidi , crown braids etc. I do want a larger one for buns and twists.
I was thinking about getting 2 med and 1 large ?
I want to get about 30 of them lol , but I have to settle for just a few.
I wanted feed back from here because I am right in between two of the measurements. Do you guys think I should just get a Xtra large since I am going to let my hair get longer ?
Thanks in advance for any info.

A medium would probably be much too small for your buns. I got my first flexis at APL and they fit perfectly. I'm outgrowing them now (but I don't know if I would fit a large) and since your hair is a lot thicker than mine (lucky you, about X4 thicker *swoons*) I'd say go L at least.
I'm not sure about holding braids.

mwedzi
April 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Ingvild, the gold looks great with the sunlight on your red hair.

I recently wore a medium flexi8. Dragonfly in the center with pink butterfly dangles
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Hair&#37;202011/blowntwistsmedflexi-1.jpg

Rennire
April 24th, 2011, 07:07 PM
That's beautiful mwedzi! Your hair is fantastic!

Theobroma
April 25th, 2011, 03:00 AM
mwedzi, that looks stunning! :thud:

squintinschool
April 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say that everyone's flexis look lovely, and share a picture of the minis I got my cousins.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7374&pictureid=101162

In2wishin
April 28th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Just got an email: free shipping for all orders over $20 on April 29th only (Mother's Day promotion).

lapushka
April 28th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Wondering if that's free international shipping as well or just free US shipping.

ingvild
April 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Thank you all :o I will post a picture of the one with green beads when I can connect my camera to the laptop again.

mwedzi, your hair is brilliant :thud:

lapushka I also got the mail and I live in Europe... so I'm hoping it's international! I guess I have no choice but to find that out, tomorrow :eyebrows: :D

SolSara
April 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Earlier free shipping has always been international, so let us hope for it! :) (even though I won't go for it, this time...)

Rennire
April 28th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Arg! The last Flexi's that I ordered shipped two weeks ago and they are still not here. The last time I got some they got here really fast! I really hope that they arrive soon! I feel like a crazy person checking the mailbox so often! =(

EricaLee83
April 28th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Woo hoo I ordered my first 2 flexis :D

I got these ones.
http://www.flexi8.com/0981.html?id=D9cS4FGL
http://www.flexi8.com/1221.html?id=D9cS4FGL

And I ordered them today and still got the free shipping too....

butterflycayton
April 29th, 2011, 07:46 AM
What styles do you all do with large flexis at almost waist length hair. I have a lot of larges but can't find any hair dos for them. I have two xl and they are almost too big to hold french twist. But I am guessing the longer my hair gets the less I'll be able to use the larges. Just have to go to the XL's, what hairstyles to do with them? I can't get them to hold any kind of bun either.

Theobroma
April 29th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I like to use a large Flexi to hold a Nautilus bun. I insert it the way I would a hairstick and then clip it shut. Looks great and holds like a rock! I'm sure they'd work in a lazy wrap as well.

Hiriel
April 29th, 2011, 08:12 AM
What styles do you all do with large flexis at almost waist length hair. I have a lot of larges but can't find any hair dos for them. I have two xl and they are almost too big to hold french twist. But I am guessing the longer my hair gets the less I'll be able to use the larges. Just have to go to the XL's, what hairstyles to do with them? I can't get them to hold any kind of bun either.

I can use the large for a knot bun with the tail hanging out (like so (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3722&pictureid=94721)), and at waist I could still juuuust barely squeeze it shut over a nautilus bun.

serverus
April 29th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Hi you guys,

I've just ordered my second set of flexis with this sale. I've ordered these:http://www.flexi8.com/flypage.html a mini
http://www.flexi8.com/flypage.html XL
http://www.flexi8.com/flypage.html L
http://www.flexi8.com/flypage.html L
http://www.flexi8.com/flypage.html a small for half up's

I hoping that de bronze and gold will look great in my hennaed hair.

In2wishin
April 29th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I just ordered these two:

http://www.flexi8.com/0644.html?id=HFG6UqRC
http://www.flexi8.com/0920.html?id=HFG6UqRC

Plus this one:
http://www.flexi8.com/1155.html?id=HFG6UqRC

but substituting the center from this one:
http://www.flexi8.com/1163.html?id=HFG6UqRC

sunnyhope
April 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I ordered 2, wanted to order more but will have to wait for next sale i guess :mad:
wish iI had more money:)

mwedzi
April 29th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Thank you Rennire, Theobroma, and Ingvild!

catspank
April 30th, 2011, 02:17 PM
mwedzi, that's a great action shot! I wish I could wear my flexis in a ponytail like that. Does it pull or sag at all? Mine only works for a pony at the nape.

squintinschool, I love the flexi trio shot :inlove: Of course now I want some minis, age-appropriate or not :p

lapushka
April 30th, 2011, 02:58 PM

I'm a little bit past WL. A L is OK for me in a lazy wrap or nautilus, or peacock twist (folded in on itself a few times).

Speckla
April 30th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I am getting these:

https://www.flexi8.com/flex/images/thumb/1621.jpg
https://www.flexi8.com/flex/images/thumb/0995.jpghttps://www.flexi8.com/flex/images/thumb/0499.jpg

Rennire
April 30th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Nice choices Speckla! I nearly ordered a fairy one before and now I wish I had!

Gothic Lolita
May 1st, 2011, 07:13 AM
Has anyone a discount code? I missed the free shipping yesterday but I'd love to get my mega flexi as soon as possible!

Theobroma
May 1st, 2011, 08:10 AM
Has anyone a discount code? I missed the free shipping yesterday but I'd love to get my mega flexi as soon as possible!

Over in the discount codes thread they've been saying that blue- 32088 will still get you 10%. Haven't tried it myself, having splurged outrageously on Flexis a couple of months ago and not currently being in need of any additional ones!

In2wishin
May 1st, 2011, 08:16 AM
Over in the discount codes thread they've been saying that blue- 32088 will still get you 10%. Haven't tried it myself, having splurged outrageously on Flexis a couple of months ago and not currently being in need of any additional ones!

That code still works. I used it when I ordered and they combined it with the free shipping.

Gothic Lolita
May 1st, 2011, 09:23 AM
thank you very much! I'll go and order now and if it still works I'm the happiest person in the world!

Gothic Lolita
May 1st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Yep, it worked!!! Thank you so much! I ordered the mega Flexi, the one with pearls..... I hope it fits me well, the XL is a bit too small.

Rennire
May 2nd, 2011, 10:57 AM
Woo Hoo! My new flexi's finally arrived today! I can't wait to try them out! :cheese:

EricaLee83
May 2nd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Woo hoo my very first flexi's came over the weekend! I foresee a horrible habit forming already! I ordered them on thurs the 28th and they arrived on the 30th! Amazingly fast! :D

Please excuse my pictures, I have horrible bathroom lighting and I was just too excited to wait for someone else to get home and take pics for me lol.

I got the Intricate soaring butterfly with purple-iris metallic beads size M:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/2052120a.jpg

Action shot:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/239dc014.jpg

And the Princess tiara completes this 'Freestyle' array of colors size L:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/f0282ada.jpg

Action shot:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/8dd34f30.jpg

For those that want to see the size diff between M and L:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/ccc1847b.jpg

krissykins
May 2nd, 2011, 11:13 AM
Ugh, I want the princess one in Large or XL so bad! :( enabler.

I bought my first Flexi off the swap board -- hopefully it will be here soon.

Jean Stuart
May 2nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Woo hoo my very first flexi's came over the weekend! I foresee a horrible habit forming already! I ordered them on thurs the 28th and they arrived on the 30th! Amazingly fast! :D

Please excuse my pictures, I have horrible bathroom lighting and I was just too excited to wait for someone else to get home and take pics for me lol.

I got the Intricate soaring butterfly with purple-iris metallic beads size M:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/2052120a.jpg

Action shot:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/239dc014.jpg

And the Princess tiara completes this 'Freestyle' array of colors size L:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/f0282ada.jpg

Action shot:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/8dd34f30.jpg

For those that want to see the size diff between M and L:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/ericaalibrando/Hair/ccc1847b.jpg

I just ordered the butterfly one can not wait for it to come.
And the dolphin one

xovictoryxo
May 2nd, 2011, 11:21 PM
I got my first lovely one yesterday size medium ! Its gorgeous i just have to figure the best way to use it on my hair :)

krissykins
May 3rd, 2011, 08:49 AM
I just got my large from a swap, and wow. Even with my thinner hair, I still need an XL. This one works if I don't gather all of my hair in a bun, though.

But dang. I have too much hair, even as a ii. :bigeyes:

In2wishin
May 3rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Still waiting for mine. I did do one custom so I expected it to take a little longer but that doesn't make the wait any better. :mail:

Hiriel
May 3rd, 2011, 11:32 AM

I have wondered, more than once, if the LHC is personally responsible for them starting to sell XXL flexis not only as custom orders ;)

I mean, by our standards, my hair isn't exceptionally long (though it's pretty thick, but as you say, at ii you also need an XL). But it only just fits into an XL, and their description of the XL makes it sound absurdly big. Which it isn't ;)

Rennire
May 3rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
I find that the sizes run a little small too. I'm having a bit of a hard time making my bigger ones work for me but here are my new smaller ones:

Small (This one is so much prettier in person. The flash kind of kills it!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5402&pictureid=101810

Small (I think that this one is my favourite! I love sunflowers!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5402&pictureid=101809

I already want to buy more!

CrystalStar
May 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
I have quite a collection of these with about 10 of them! The only problem I'm having is when I attempt to make a cinnamon bun with a large flexi I can't seem to keep my ends in the bun, do I have to pin them or is there a knack to this? :)

squintinschool
May 3rd, 2011, 04:40 PM
I just got my large from a swap, and wow. Even with my thinner hair, I still need an XL. This one works if I don't gather all of my hair in a bun, though.

Have you tried a lazy wrap bun? I can almost get that to work with an L with my 27" iii hair (however I find its more comfortable with an XL), so it may work for you.

krissykins
May 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
Have you tried a lazy wrap bun? I can almost get that to work with an L with my 27" iii hair (however I find its more comfortable with an XL), so it may work for you.

I hate the Lazy Wrap bun, but it was useful even before my massive shed. (I miss my 4.5" pony circumference but a large Flexi8 probably wouldn't hold a darn thing!)

It works. I was just surprised at the sizing.

squintinschool
May 3rd, 2011, 05:16 PM
I hate the Lazy Wrap bun, but it was useful even before my massive shed. (I miss my 4.5" pony circumference but a large Flexi8 probably wouldn't hold a darn thing!)

It works. I was just surprised at the sizing.

Ah, sorry, I misinterpreted your comment it seems.

krissykins
May 3rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
Ah, sorry, I misinterpreted your comment it seems.

No worries. Thanks for the suggestion though :D it's nice of you to try and help! I'm just a whiner haha

mwedzi
May 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
mwedzi, that's a great action shot! I wish I could wear my flexis in a ponytail like that. Does it pull or sag at all? Mine only works for a pony at the nape.

Thanks! Actually, in a ponytail made of twists is the best way to wear it to prevent snagging. Wearing it on loose hair causes more snags.

catspank
May 3rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks! Actually, in a ponytail made of twists is the best way to wear it to prevent snagging. Wearing it on loose hair causes more snags.

I wish I could make awesome twists in my hair like you do! Hmmm, maybe I can do something with braids, maybe?

ingvild
May 6th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I didn't give into the mother's day(?) free shipping (hooray!) but here is a picture of my other flexi-8 that I got this Easter... in an updo-fail that was not at all supposed to be a French twist, or anything :rolleyes:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5108/5693471915_3e3eb03a6a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pingvingvild/5693471915/)

EricaLee83
May 6th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I didn't give into the mother's day(?) free shipping (hooray!) but here is a picture of my other flexi-8 that I got this Easter... in an updo-fail that was not at all supposed to be a French twist, or anything :rolleyes:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5108/5693471915_3e3eb03a6a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pingvingvild/5693471915/)

That flexi looks GORGEOUS with your hair color!! Very nice!

Theobroma
May 7th, 2011, 03:03 AM

I wouldn't call that an "updo fail" -- it's actually a very nice informal look! And the colours of the flexi look gorgeous in your hair.

pixiestar
May 11th, 2011, 05:43 AM
I'm so excited :D I just ordered my first 2 flexi8's woohoo :cheese:
this one
http://www.flexi8.com/0364.html?id=GCeGSLNk
and this one
http://www.flexi8.com/0927.html?id=GCeGSLNk

Does anyone know How long do they take to come to uk? I did priority mail.:D Thanks, can't wait:D

Idun
May 11th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Well, shipping time from Flexi-8 to Norway varies greatly. From 6 days to 3-4 weeks. I expect it&#180;s the same for UK.

ETA: Oops, priority mail I know nothing about :)

Jean Stuart
May 11th, 2011, 07:53 AM
They arrived and I played. I love them. I can not wait to get more.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/jeanstuart/Picture003.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/jeanstuart/Picture004.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/jeanstuart/braid002.jpg

pixiestar
May 11th, 2011, 07:56 AM
They arrived and I played. I love them. I can not wait to get more.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/jeanstuart/Picture003.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/jeanstuart/Picture004.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/jeanstuart/braid002.jpg
Very pretty:D

Jean Stuart
May 11th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Thank you.

pixiestar
May 11th, 2011, 03:27 PM
My flexi8's have been dispatched, yeh :)

CrisDee
May 12th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Gibson tuck updo inspired by wvgemeni - crappy pic, but I just love how secure this style is, and how easy!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5812&pictureid=102658

krissykins
May 12th, 2011, 09:17 AM
CrisDee, that looks really lovely! :D

Jean Stuart
May 12th, 2011, 11:42 AM
lovely, your hair is so nice.

pixiestar
May 12th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Thats really pretty crisdee, I will have to try a gibson tuck when my flexi8's arrive:D

dulce
May 12th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I just got several sizes,and are they ever nice,they are lightweight and hold well and don't pull.I will definitely buy more!

Ishje
May 15th, 2011, 09:34 AM
that is a gorgeous hairstyle combined with the Flexi Crisdee!!

Stagecoach
May 15th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say that after a couple months of use, I still LOVE my flexi8's! I wear them every day that's not a wash day. Typically in a braided nautilus bun. They are the perfect tool to hold my knee length hair in securely confined, but gentle style.

pixiestar
May 17th, 2011, 05:13 AM
My flexi 8's just came:D Here are some pix, did them quick so hair a bit messy
sorry. http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/pixiestar13/Hair%20toys/IMG_3155.jpg
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/pixiestar13/Hair%20toys/IMG_3160.jpg
They are so pretty:D

Rennire
May 17th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Those are really beautiful ones pixiestar! You made great choices!

Ishje
May 19th, 2011, 01:25 AM
those look great in your hair pixystar!!

pixiestar
May 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
thank you :blossom: rennire and ishje

Skjønnhår
May 20th, 2011, 03:58 AM
They're cute! I'd like to purchase one myself! Haven't got the money yet.

Rennire
May 21st, 2011, 08:12 PM
In case you didn't get the email all the flexi clips with fairies on them are 25&#37; off until the end of May on Lilla Rose =)

http://www.lillarose.biz/

HairStickler
May 21st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks, Rennire, I didn't even know about Lilla Rose as another source of flexis. It is also interesting to see all the other hairtoys and jewelry made from the familiar flexi beads.

Mina17
May 23rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
I just ordered my first Flexi 8's!! These will be my first nice hairtoys and I can't wait to get them after seeing all the photos in this thread. I've been relying on plastic claw clips and these look to be a godsend: so much prettier and it sounds like they are much more comfortable.

I ordered a small http://www.flexi8.com/0679.html?id=xjkS5FuX
and a medium http://www.flexi8.com/0658.html?id=xjkS5FuX

pixiestar
May 24th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I just ordered my first Flexi 8's!! These will be my first nice hairtoys and I can't wait to get them after seeing all the photos in this thread. I've been relying on plastic claw clips and these look to be a godsend: so much prettier and it sounds like they are much more comfortable.

I ordered a small http://www.flexi8.com/0679.html?id=xjkS5FuX
and a medium http://www.flexi8.com/0658.html?id=xjkS5FuX

Those are really pretty :D can't wait to see them on you:D

pixiestar
May 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/pixiestar13/Hair%20toys/108.jpg

At last my Gibson tuck with flexi8

CrisDee
May 25th, 2011, 04:13 AM
LOVE your Gibson tuck, PixieStar, and that Flexi looks so pretty in your hair! :flower:

pixiestar
May 25th, 2011, 03:35 PM
LOVE your Gibson tuck, PixieStar, and that Flexi looks so pretty in your hair! :flower:

thank you CrisDee:D

theodora
May 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Just ordered 3! One xs, one s and one m. Figured you need different sizes to do different things, plus my hair should grow eventually.
Now I'm a bit worried about how long they're gonna take to arrive as it said international orders take 4-7 weeks. Gotta have patience! Not my forte...

Darkhorse1
May 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Has anyone bought/used a flexi O? I'm curious to know how they work.

catspank
May 26th, 2011, 09:16 PM
pixiestar, that is one of the best flexi-8 + hair + updo combinations I've seen. Absolutely lovely :crush:

pixiestar
May 27th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Just ordered 3! One xs, one s and one m. Figured you need different sizes to do different things, plus my hair should grow eventually.
Now I'm a bit worried about how long they're gonna take to arrive as it said international orders take 4-7 weeks. Gotta have patience! Not my forte...

I ordered mine on the 11th may and they were dispatched same day:D and I received them on the 17th. I had the priority mail:D
I thought it was really fast:D

pixiestar
May 27th, 2011, 12:13 AM
pixiestar, that is one of the best flexi-8 + hair + updo combinations I've seen. Absolutely lovely :crush:

:blossom: Thank you catspank:D

theodora
May 27th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I ordered mine on the 11th may and they were dispatched same day:D and I received them on the 17th. I had the priority mail:D
I thought it was really fast:D
Oh no why didn't I get the priority mail one! Oh well. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Also only just realised I bought the one you put a picture of! I'm glad it looks equally good in the flesh as on the website!

Rennire
May 27th, 2011, 07:43 AM

I agree! You've inspired me to try out the Gibson tuck again!

pixiestar
May 27th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Oh no why didn't I get the priority mail one! Oh well. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Also only just realised I bought the one you put a picture of! I'm glad it looks equally good in the flesh as on the website!

Hope you get it quickly:D Is it despatched yet?

pixiestar
May 27th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I agree! You've inspired me to try out the Gibson tuck again!

Thanks Rennire:D Post a pic when you do it:D

Tuntenut
May 27th, 2011, 07:41 PM
:spitting:

I just discovered this thread. I didn't really know what flexi-8s were, so I checked the website...

I can't wait to get my paycheque in a few days. Who needs money for luxuries like food and electricity, anyway, when you have pretty hair toys? :D

theodora
May 29th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Hope you get it quickly:D Is it despatched yet?
It dispatched yesterday! I thought it never would... Now let's see how long it takes to arrive! :bounce:

pixiestar
May 29th, 2011, 08:01 AM
It dispatched yesterday! I thought it never would... Now let's see how long it takes to arrive! :bounce:

Thats great, hope it comes quickly:D

Rennire
May 29th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I'm waiting for one too and it's driving me crazy!

Only 24 and a quarter more hours until the mail arrives tomorrow!

Kaijah
May 29th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Okay, I'm going for quite possibly the oddest question to ever be asked in this thread. :D

I keep Maltese dogs, and one of my girls I keep in partial show coat (long tail, top knot, and back layers, but short clipped belly and legs). When her top knot was shorter, it was easy enough to keep contained with soft little scrunchies or mini clips I could buy in the children's section of Target. As it got longer, I could make a mini bun and keep that held pretty well with one little clip even though she's a very active dog.

Now, though, her bun is a too large and weighty for her old clips. The bun is about 1.5" wide, and about half an inch tall. Do you guys think a mini flexi would be small enough to hold that much hair?

HairStickler
May 29th, 2011, 10:32 AM
OMG, that is such a cute idea! I would love to see a picture of your dog in a flexi! (Sorry, I can't answer the size question.)

CrisDee
May 29th, 2011, 11:31 AM
...I keep Maltese dogs... Do you guys think a mini flexi would be small enough to hold that much hair?

OH OH OH OH, pictures!!!!! :cheese: :joy:

Rennire
May 29th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I think that it would work Kaijah I used to have a yorkie and I think that my mini would just be a tad too big for her top knot. I guess if it doesn't work you could always use the flexi for yourself! :P

Kaijah
May 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM
:p There will definitely be pictures. I'm thinking of just picking one of the really simple, small center styles and seeing what happens.

'Cause Rennire is right, at worst I have to start doing more half-ups. :D

krissykins
May 30th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I ordered some new ones from LillaRose, so soon I will have small, medium, large, AND extra large Flexi-8's!

I'm not an addict, I swear.

Zesty
June 3rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
I just ordered my first flexi, an extra small for half-ups. :) It's a simple one with a celtic knot centerpiece, and I'm excited to get it. I've been wanting a larger one for updos, but I can't decide if I'd need just a large or an extra large, so I've decided to wait until later to get a bigger one.

Theobroma
June 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Am I the only one who's ever wished that Flexi would put out a size halfway between large and extra-large? This afternoon I did a French twist and found that the large flexis that I've been using to hold it have suddenly become rather a tight fit and won't be working for this style for too much longer.

I replaced it with an extra-large, but that feels dangerously loose yet. No surprise, because the difference in pin length is a whole inch!

I so wish Flexi would put out a size that's just half an inch bigger than the current size large. I'd probably blow a whole month's hairtoy budget on Flexis at a single sitting!

lapushka
June 5th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Am I the only one who's ever wished that Flexi would put out a size halfway between large and extra-large? This afternoon I did a French twist and found that the large flexis that I've been using to hold it have suddenly become rather a tight fit and won't be working for this style for too much longer.

I replaced it with an extra-large, but that feels dangerously loose yet. No surprise, because the difference in pin length is a whole inch!

I get this right now with lazy wrap buns and nautilus buns, also depending on how loose or tight they've been done. Sometimes the L fits perfectly, sometimes the L is a little too tight and the XL too loose to make the whole thing stay in place. I get this with regular twists and M/L sizes as well.

krissykins
June 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Theobroma, I feel that way about some buns. :(

theodora
June 6th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Guys, I am sorry to report that Flexi 8 might not work that well on dogs... I recently received the 3 ones I ordered: one xs, one s and one m. The xs was for 'little half-ups', when I use two pieces of hair above the ears and tie them at the back (did this today with rope braids and the flexi) so it looks a bit like a half-up but doesn't really take that much hair.

Okay so I also bought that extra-small to try it on Dora, my 7 months old black lhasa apso. Her hair is quite long now (though not floor length yet) and I thought it would work but it just slides out of her hair really easily. What a disappointment! I'll try and take a picture to put there; it really looks lovely on her top knot but it doesn't stay...

CrisDee
June 6th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Aw, Theodora, that's a shame! I think the XS might be a little too big, though, when you'd first mentioned it, I was thinking of the mini - do you have one to try?

lapushka
June 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Aw, Theodora, that's a shame! I think the XS might be a little too big, though, when you'd first mentioned it, I was thinking of the mini - do you have one to try?

A mini definitely, if you're gathering just tiny bits of hair. Seconding what CrisDee said!

CrisDee
June 6th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Gosh, I'm so intrigued at the thought of a wee doggie with a Flexi8 that I'd loan one to you - for the price of a photo posted here! :D

catspank
June 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I will now be stalking this thread for pictures of little long hair dogs sporting their new flexis :D

prettykitty
June 7th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I just ordered my first flexi 8s, wahooo! Two smalls for pony/tails up, and a medium which will hopefully fit over an updo (Ihave fine hair, but it's getting on for BSL now).
Can hardly wait, although as they're coming all the way to Australia I guess I'll have to :(

theodora
June 7th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Ahahah catspank, CrisDee and lapushka, I didn't realise you'd all be so interested. I somehow didn't notice the mini size on the website, I must have been slightly out of it when I ordered.
The good news is, I tried it again but this time I used a rubber band to secure the topknot before putting in the flexi and it held super well.

My fiance got so excited about it he took picture of the dog wearing my flexi! I'll ask him to give me the pic when he comes home from work later, I promise. She looks like a right little princess!

update: here is the picture, behold the glory of a small fluffy dog wih a flexi-8!

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8023&pictureid=104737

catspank
June 7th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Ahahah catspank, CrisDee and lapushka, I didn't realise you'd all be so interested. I somehow didn't notice the mini size on the website, I must have been slightly out of it when I ordered.
The good news is, I tried it again but this time I used a rubber band to secure the topknot before putting in the flexi and it held super well.

My fiance got so excited about it he took picture of the dog wearing my flexi! I'll ask him to give me the pic when he comes home from work later, I promise. She looks like a right little princess!

update: here is the picture, behold the glory of a small fluffy dog wih a flexi-8!

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8023&pictureid=104737

Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :joy:

That is the absolute most adorable picture, she looks so proud of her fancy hairstyle! I'm dying here of the cuteness, I had to quote your post so I could double up on the cute :D

HairStickler
June 7th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :joy:

That is the absolute most adorable picture, she looks so proud of her fancy hairstyle! I'm dying here of the cuteness, I had to quote your post so I could double up on the cute :D

Can I quote it, too? Sooooooo cute! :D

Rennire
June 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM
She looks fantastic in that flexi! What a beautiful dog :) :heartbeat

pixiestar
June 8th, 2011, 12:46 AM

omg she is so cute, looks like a little princess with her flexi8:D