PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 01:10 AM
OMG now the site has crashed. :lol: same here!

That's weird, mine hasn't crashed but the Dec. '13 sure isn't showing up...

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:10 AM
I wonder how long we should wait?

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 01:11 AM
I wonder how long we should wait?

No idea!! Did it take this long for the November one?

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Now it's ok. Maybe I'll wait until it's 3:30 my time.

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Nope it was on the dot.

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:13 AM
I keep hitting refresh and nothing. I'll be cracking up if they meant we should be waiting for it tomorrow night instead of right now. :rollin:

turquoisedays
November 25th, 2013, 01:15 AM
I'm wondering if I'm going to regret setting my alarm to 3:00AM now...

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Only 1am for me but I'm not a night owl so a little bit regretting it.... :p

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 01:17 AM
I keep hitting refresh and nothing. I'll be cracking up if they meant we should be waiting for it tomorrow night instead of right now. :rollin:

Several people "confirmed" it was tonight.... But I'm also wondering if something happened and they were misinformed.

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Something tells me tonight was only for consultants and not for the general public?

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 01:18 AM
I'm giving it 10 more minutes then I'm back to bed! :o

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Agreed! This is lame.:lol:

turquoisedays
November 25th, 2013, 01:21 AM
I contacted my consultant asking her to reserve one for me...I'll check again at 6:30-7 when I wake up but I'm pretty sleepy and my brain is telling me to go back to bed for now.

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Yeah I wish they were a little less ambiguous about when this thing is really coming out.... Consultants "confirmed" it but no mention on their actual website...

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Same here but it was nice to be here with you two. I'd hate it if I were the only donkey. :lol:

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Yep we 3 crazies are all in this flexi boat together :inlove: Always nice to have company!

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Next time a "rumor" like this happens remind me that I need a stronger source! Ughhhhhh

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 01:27 AM
No kidding I totally agree, especially when it involves the middle of the night.. Alright I think I give up. Back to bed for me and I'll check again in the morning.... :sleep:

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:29 AM
40 refreshes later. ... And :rant:

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Goodnight all! Ughhhhh

faellen
November 25th, 2013, 02:24 AM
It's 9.20am here... Have to LOL at you guys staying up for this flexi! :lol:

I emailed my consultant a couple of hours ago but I haven't heard anything back yet. I think this one's gonna be a sell out.

Catladyintown
November 25th, 2013, 02:32 AM
It's already up. It went up at 2:01 Mountain time. I already order a Mega.
P.S. I notice on the browser Firefox it does not show up. But on Chrome it does.
https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19008&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.99

juliaxena
November 25th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Oh boy. I am kind of glad flexis bend my hair now so I can't wear them.

juliaxena
November 25th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Oh boy. I am kind of glad flexis bend my hair now so I can't wear them.

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 04:47 AM
It's already up. It went up at 2:01 Mountain time. I already order a Mega.
P.S. I notice on the browser Firefox it does not show up. But on Chrome it does.
https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19008&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.99

Thank you! Just ordered an XL!!!!!:happydance:

This one is a little pricier I feel or maybe my sleep pattern is all screwed up.

slynr
November 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Congratulations to all you flexi 8 seekers! Looks like persistence paid off!

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Ordered myself an XL! :heartbeat Here is all the sizes for reference. I contemplated ordering a mini..., but decided against it. I will wait to see the XL and then decide as the mini usually doesn't sell out quickly.

https://www.lillarose.biz/assets/lr/products/4-2385.jpghttps://www.lillarose.biz/assets/lr/products/6-2386.jpghttps://www.lillarose.biz/assets/lr/products/1-2387.jpghttps://www.lillarose.biz/assets/lr/products/2-2388.jpghttps://www.lillarose.biz/assets/lr/products/3-2389.jpghttps://www.lillarose.biz/assets/lr/products/8-2390.jpghttps://www.lillarose.biz/assets/lr/products/9-2391.jpg

And rowie I don't really feel that this one was too expensive. The Nov. FOTM was $27, while this one is only $24 for the XL. Not that bad I think :p

gemruby41
November 25th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I am definitely getting one of these. Does Lilla Rose normally have black friday sales?

rowie
November 25th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Ordered myself an XL! :heartbeat Here is all the sizes for reference. I contemplated ordering a mini..., but decided against it. I will wait to see the XL and then decide as the mini usually doesn't sell out quickly.
The Nov. FOTM was $27, while this one is only $24 for the XL. Not that bad I think :p

:lol: all I know is that my day is now screwed up and i'm waiting for the coffee to kick in. I'm not doing this anymore, and I appreciate any rumours but next time i'll try to do further research if I hear them. Oh of course the Nov FOTM was more expensive cause it was fabulous. :p

rags
November 25th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Well, it was out at 6 am my time - EST. So I'm not sure when they activated it. But this is why I ordered through a consultant, even though it will take longer for me to get it. I didn't want to stay up! :p

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 08:52 AM
It's ok that I woke up at 1am and it wasn't there - at least I was able to get an XL this morning. :inlove: I think this FOTM is just so gorgeous, such a breath of fresh air after that November one that I didn't really care for. This snowflake is going to be one of my favorites I think.

faellen
November 25th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Just paid for my XL! Also asked the consultant if she could mark as gift or just put the item value down only ($24) instead of the total with shipping ($36!) I really don't want to be paying horrible custom fees yet again.

Steve at Flexi-8 told me that they are planning to make the website friendlier for international customers and easier to get Lilla Rose clips instead of the whole item swapping thing... I look forward to that. :)

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Faellen I'm so glad you got one! :) and hopefully shipping and customs goes smoothly

Catladyintown
November 25th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Your welcome Rowie. I know how you feel, staying up messed up with my sleep schedule too. NaClH20 I think all size will be gone in a week. They are very popular this month. And most like the mini will go too. They are great for little girls Christmas presents. I just also add an XLarge to my order. So I will be getting a Mega and XLarge. Right now I am in between Xlarge and Mega size.

Skade
November 25th, 2013, 11:54 AM
laughing my ass off reading about your night rowie, NaClH2O and turquoisedays :lol: Seriously recognizing the behavior.. What are these hair toys doing with us..

sweetinlace
November 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I wish I liked the December FOTM, but it's really not one of my favorites. Oh well, I guess that just means I can buy something else instead :)

jen5972
November 25th, 2013, 12:30 PM
The new December FOTM is my favorite so far! I am a new consultant, and I am finding out that the FOTM's seem to be sold out super fast. I missed out on the November one, which was a bummer. I bought a bunch of extra's this time because I love this one so much. It is super sparkly :).

Kaelee
November 25th, 2013, 12:44 PM
That looks beautiful in extra small too! I'm glad I don't wear half ups often (a few times a year) or I would be very tempted to order an x-small as well!

Rio040113
November 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Gad everyone got one, congrats to you all! Shame about having to stay up/wait extra time though, you'd think Flexi8 would release them at the same time/before Lilla Rose :shrug: All is well that ends well though :) I got a 'mini through to mega' picture of the clip yesterday afternoon (my time) but it's not showing anything that hasn't been posted now, so unless anyone is interested in a different layout I won't bother to spam pics :p

Kaelee
November 25th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Look who arrived in my mail today! I love him!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/002_zps5605caef.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/002_zps5605caef.jpg.html)

A little tricky to insert though, getting the hang of it. :)

Kaelee
November 25th, 2013, 01:37 PM

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/002_zps5605caef.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/002_zps5605caef.jpg.html)

Nekomanta
November 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM

He looks really nice on your hair =) you have beautigull hair color btw.

Kaelee
November 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks! The trouble I seem to be having is one side of my bun just totally swallows up the beads. It's like the loop is too small for my hair, the stick is the right size but the loop is too small.

rags
November 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Beautiful, Kaelee! He looks gorgeous in your hair! (My owl is a 'he" too, though my cat is a girl. :p )

eresh
November 25th, 2013, 01:55 PM
It should go up on the flexi site at the same time right? I'd hate to tell you wrong! And I think faellen said earlier she was put off by the customs charges, so for international LHCers, if you have a consultant ask them to mark it as a 'gift' when they post it and maybe even mark down the value of the item too... It's a bit cheeky I admit but after just paying £13 ($21) customs charges on a single stick a couple of weeks ago, I'm feeling less than generous towards the postal service right now :lol:

They are not allowed to do this anymore, as flexi can get into trouble over it.
Companies are obliged to mark the true value of an item on the package.
If they say gift, and the package is checked and there's a bill inside...
Big trouble for the company.

eresh
November 25th, 2013, 01:59 PM
No problemo NaClH2O :) I've been sworn to secrecy as far as any details and a special picture goes, although I should be able to share tomorrow, if no one else does before me :D buuuut seeing as the cat is already out of the bag as far as them becoming available I doubt confirming can hurt? I can also confirm messaging a consultant tonight is definitely the safest bet to secure one, if you get me ;)

Is it just me or doesn't anyone find it is odd that some customers get this early info while others don't?
Feel unfair to me. Also the surprising early release...
November has 2 fotm this way.
If it isn't already sold out when people finally see it was released early...
As for me I'm having trouble buying 2 in one month. Too bad.
I will leave it up to luck if there are any left when I get my funds for december in december.

Consultants should not release info like this for just a small part of customers.
If a release is early, why not send out an email to all newsletter subscribers.

Yea I know I'm whiny, so be it.
it just feels ... not right.

eresh
November 25th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Kaelee, wow! Gorgeous!
I was wondering how the beads would look, they are beautiful

Kaelee
November 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Is it just me but doesn't anyone find it is odd that some customers get this early info while others don't?
If it isn't already sold out now that I finally see it was released early, I'm having trouble buying 2 in one month.

No fair flexi.
Cosultants should not release info like this for just a small part of customers.

Yea I know I'm whiney, so be it.

I kind of agree...if it were given to everyone...so some don't miss out that woudl be different

NaClH2O
November 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Kaelee - absolutely gorgeous owl flexi!! I love it, I really want this one now :inlove:

Eresh - I agree with you. I think its really weird and irritating that the December flexi was released a week early and there was no mention on the Lilla Rose website about it. Only people with connections knew about it ahead of time - but I will say that I'm thankful at least several people shared it here, even if they couldn't give details. Still there is no picture or anything on the Lilla Rose Facebook page - usually they put up the new flexi as their main picture. This whole early release does feel weird to me, I wonder why the company decided to do it? I did not buy the November flexi, but I can completely see how those who are on a tight monthly budget are basically "out of luck" if they set aside $30 or whatever a month for flexi's, because this one may not even last until December even though it is the monthly special....

gemruby41
November 25th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Gorgeous flexi Kaelee! It's so much better seeing it in someone's hair than on the website.

Rio040113
November 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM
They are not allowed to do this anymore, as flexi can get into trouble over it.
Companies are obliged to mark the true value of an item on the package.
If they say gift, and the package is checked and there's a bill inside...
Big trouble for the company.

I don't think they've ever been allowed haha but there are consultants that will still do it, presumably at their own risk. I've had etsy sellers and even ebay sellers do it too, this is the first time I've ever asked for it to be done, usually they do it off their own backs and in all fairness this was more of a gentle reminder to my consultant, she did it last time anyway bless her.

Is it just me or doesn't anyone find it is odd that some customers get this early info while others don't?
If it isn't already sold out when people finally see it was released early...
As for me I'm having trouble buying 2 in one month. Too bad.
I will leave it up to luck if there are any left when I get my funds for december in december.

Consultants should not release info like this for just a small part of customers.

Yea I know I'm whiny, so be it.

I agree, I think here it was a case of 'you don't ask, you don't get', I asked my consultant and got some information and that's why I chose to share what I could, which wasn't much and it obviously only applied to the Lilla Rose release but yeah, I agree the early release isn't great for a lot of people but I think it's been done to meet supply and demand for Christmas gifts. That's just a guess though :)

KittyBird
November 25th, 2013, 02:35 PM
It is weird, and I think it's unfair too. Maybe someone with better connections can explain why LillaRose released it so early?
For those who miss out, it's still possible to get a sparkly snowflake flexi. This one (http://www.flexi8.com/1037.html?id=d4GoG3Qd) can easily be customized with Aurora Borealis beads or any other beads you prefer. ;)

Rio040113
November 25th, 2013, 02:49 PM
It is weird, and I think it's unfair too. Maybe someone with better connections can explain why LillaRose released it so early?

I think it was just to allow for buying them as Christmas presents :)

rags
November 25th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I wonder - you'll notice it isn't listed as the December flexi. I'm just thinking out loud here - but I wonder if it's possible they're going to do another one, as they did in July a year or so ago? Probably not, I just think the whole thing's weird and am trying to explain it. Occam's Razor suggests that it's simply so people can buy Christmas presents, so that's probably the right answer.

And I hadn't considered the minis selling out as Christmas gifts! I hope they don't before I get my big one and can see if I like it enough to order!

eresh
November 25th, 2013, 03:02 PM
It is listed as the december flexi, right next to the november flexi.

Catladyintown
November 25th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Sorry double post. LOL due to lack of sleep.

Rio040113
November 25th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Okay if it helps anyone at all, this is what I've been told...

''The December flexi was released early to allow people to order it in time for gift-giving. The closer we get to the holidays, the longer the shipping times - so the early release guarantees it arrives in time.''

Also...

''This isn't the first time they've [Lilla Rose] released a flexi early to accommodate an upcoming holiday. The last time they did it was for Mother's Day.''

And from that I understand, this is the only December flexi.

Hope that helps :)

Rio040113
November 25th, 2013, 03:16 PM
And I hadn't considered the minis selling out as Christmas gifts! I hope they don't before I get my big one and can see if I like it enough to order!

rags, have you seen the picture of the mini? That might help you decide without risking it selling out, I was coveting one for half ups but for me the centerpiece was a touch overpowering, so sadly I've given it a miss :(

rags
November 25th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Eresh, doh I feel dumb now. You're right it is. Ah well.

Thanks, Rio. That does make sense. Yeah I've seen the pic and I'm on the fence about it. It's a pretty large centerpiece, which I usually don't like. So I won't be heartbroken if they sell out. I'm just not totally sure how much those beads are going to show up in my hair, so I'm waiting to see.

Rio040113
November 25th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Eresh, doh I feel dumb now. You're right it is. Ah well.

Thanks, Rio. That does make sense. Yeah I've seen the pic and I'm on the fence about it. It's a pretty large centerpiece, which I usually don't like. So I won't be heartbroken if they sell out. I'm just not totally sure how much those beads are going to show up in my hair, so I'm waiting to see.

No problem, I'm sorry to say that I think the Minis have sold out now! I could be wrong, just going off what I was told a minute ago :( Would the XS work for your half ups? I'm toying with the idea of getting one to try it but I'm so unsure... :hmm:

Kaelee
November 25th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Gorgeous flexi Kaelee! It's so much better seeing it in someone's hair than on the website.

As with most things...the pictures are never as good. Thank you!!! :D

Marron
November 25th, 2013, 04:15 PM

Foto

The flexi is nice but your hair really caught my attention! It looks so soft!

I'm glad I'm not too much into the current FOTM. My pocket is quite empty :p

Also I realized that my hair is too thick for a large flexi, I need an extra large. That's not too nice because they're more expensive :/ Especially the FOTM ones.

Well, this is my hair in a large:

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h346/sewing-sue/mutant1.jpg

It's trying to make its way out of the flexi ;D

The flexi fits well into a pony tail. Unfortunatley I don't like this hairdo :/

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h346/sewing-sue/2c5449fc-185a-4d32-9376-279733d57e2d.jpg

Kaelee
November 25th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Can you wear the large in center held buns maybe?

I'm finding there's way more of a learning curve than I thought with this flexi! I didn't expect that, but I'm finding it very comfortable once it's in and secure.

Catladyintown
November 25th, 2013, 04:29 PM
All the flexi mini, xsmall and small are already sold out. I hope they put more up for everyone.

Long_hair_bear
November 25th, 2013, 04:37 PM
All the flexi mini, xsmall and small are already sold out. I hope they put more up for everyone.

The December one?

They have them on here:

https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/MainCart.aspx?PartyID=-1&PartyGuestID=0&ReferringDealerID=818206

ETA I lied, didnt see they were sold out.

Catladyintown
November 25th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks Long Hair Bear. I know the medium, large and XLarge, plus Mega is available. But the rest said sold out. But it could be my computer I don't trust it. I have a slow computer for right now. And only certain browser work with different sites, on my computer. Does your browser say some are available?

jen5972
November 25th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I ordered extras of the extra small, small, medium and large.

<Moderation: Additional information removed.>

Long_hair_bear
November 25th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks Long Hair Bear. I know the medium, large and XLarge, plus Mega is available. But the rest said sold out. But it could be my computer I don't trust it. I have a slow computer for right now. And only certain browser work with different sites, on my computer. Does your browser say some are available?

No, the November one right next to it said Sold Out but the December one doesnt say so until you click and open it. Get one from Jen :)

Kaelee
November 25th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Wow! I guess that makes up my mind about an X-small. Part of me would love one for a beautiful romantic half up but I so rarely wear half ups that it doesn't seem worth it to me. But still the temptation was there!

I think the smaller sizes sell out faster because most of the people buying flexis are not using them for buns.

Catladyintown
November 25th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Thank you Jen5972 and Long hair bear.

rags
November 25th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Wow! I thought I'd at least have a couple of days on it! I guess that made up my mind for me! And nope, x-small is too big for a half-up on me. I have puny hair. :p

Idjit
November 25th, 2013, 07:39 PM
I've had these lying around for ages and never really used them but this thread made me dig them out. It's a medium and an extra small. Love the XS but can't really use it.. too small for half ups and too heavy for anything else. The medium is kind of ugly in person.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4QJhJk-zICI/TimcjFteg3I/AAAAAAAAAIw/AvQxFRLqTSM/w749-h562-no/DSCN0286.JPG
Here's my attempt at a peacock twist. It's about the only thing I can do besides a ponytail with my newish short hair. It's really comfy and holding solid. Last time I tried this it didn't work at all.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-UQWUhzAO_lQ/UpQHf0m4_MI/AAAAAAAAAY4/H0MUTDeTS24/w997-h562-no/IMAG0219.jpg
And my actual hair color since it looks pretty blah in that picture.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-QNuZC0XBsdc/UpQHfRiv_eI/AAAAAAAAAYI/oYgSc2tqbZE/w997-h562-no/IMAG0208.jpg

And yes I am standing in my shower :p Ironically it's the best lit place in the house.

Rio040113
November 25th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Wow! I thought I'd at least have a couple of days on it! I guess that made up my mind for me! And nope, x-small is too big for a half-up on me. I have puny hair. :p

I bet if you post on their Facebook page at least one consultant will have a mini, should you decide you definitely want one :) Hmm I fear that would be my problem too :( sigh!

faellen
November 26th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Faellen I'm so glad you got one! :) and hopefully shipping and customs goes smoothly

Glad you got one too, I bet it will look lovely in your hair! :D

Lippytoes
November 26th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Can you wear the large in center held buns maybe?

I'm finding there's way more of a learning curve than I thought with this flexi! I didn't expect that, but I'm finding it very comfortable once it's in and secure.

Marron, seconding Kaelee's recommendation of a centre-held bun for the large flexi. It's how I wear my large flexis - and in fact, right this moment I'm wearing my hair in a lazy wrap held with a large flexi!

jen5972
November 26th, 2013, 05:00 AM
For those who are still interested in getting a extra small or small, I will have at least one of each coming this week. If you go to the <Moderation: Information removed. Advertising not permitted.>

gemruby41
November 26th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Today's flexi. I had the centerpiece changed from the celtic cross to the etched tiger lily.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2v2dxkk.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2uhln2s.jpg

rags
November 26th, 2013, 08:00 AM
My consultant had ordered extra minis! So I have a mini and a large coming. I'm sure if I don't like the mini I'll have no problem re-selling it on Swap!

rowie
November 26th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Congrats rags! So happy for you! I can forsee a flurry of December FOTM action shots to come.

gemruby41 that is a gorgeous piece. I love how gold looks on our dark hair, and lately i've been into golds and so for the first time in my life I can say I prefer gold over silver this time. So yeah I love the November Ruby piece over the December piece! But thanks for sharing your wonderful and beautiful action shots. It's nice to see them cause I too have dark hair. :blossom:

woelfchen83
November 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I think, I wanna try a mega. Will still be way too big but hopefully it's gonna fit once.

NaClH2O
November 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
My consultant had ordered extra minis! So I have a mini and a large coming. I'm sure if I don't like the mini I'll have no problem re-selling it on Swap!

That's great! I'm a little sad I missed out in a mini now that the sold out so fast, who knew that would be the first size to go? It's usually the XL

dulce
November 26th, 2013, 04:53 PM
All the DEC FOTM ''snowflakes '' of all sizes are NOW on back order so you can still get them!!!!!! Check it out.

eresh
November 26th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I can't wait to see real life photos of the december flexi :-D

Found this on facebook:
http://imageshack.com/a/img7/8826/1fjg.jpg

Kaelee
November 27th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I can't wait to get mine! OMGosh gorgeous!!!

I'm wearing my owl today...getting the hang of flexis finally. I still feel like they're potentially damaging either breaking hair on the way in (the stick is thick/heavy and I tend to hear creaking sounds/feel pulling on the way in) or catching them in the clasp. I'm SUPER careful. and probably will only wear these on special occasions (they're more fancy anyway and not something I would wear to work for fear of damage- the ones I have now anyway). Still, they're extremely secure, comfortable, and I love them!

rags
November 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Really? I have absolutely no worries about damage with my flexis other than those that catch hair (dangles and some centerpieces) and I'm just careful when I take them out and no problem).

Kaelee
November 27th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Yea...LHC has made me paranoid! :lol: Also, having thick hair means the flexi has a lot to push through...I have issues with forks too sometimes (though I think in all honesty, my hair is now long enough to bun loosely enough that this is becoming less of an issue. I'm also learning not to twist the hair as much, which allows me to wrap more and make looser buns that stay.)

NaClH2O
November 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I also have never had any problems with any of my flexi's. And I wear them all the time :p My hair doesn't get stuck in the beads, I don't have dangly flexi's though so I don't have experience there. They are very comfortable and resilient - I am not afraid I'm going to damage them like I would be wearing an enamel ficcare or a nice fork.

rags
November 27th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I think it's probably the super-thick hair that's getting you. I've never had that problem to worry about :p.

Kaelee
November 27th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I think it's probably the super-thick hair that's getting you. I've never had that problem to worry about :p.

Could be, and the fact that the stick curves backwards compared to all my other hairtoys

faellen
November 27th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I wear my flexis pretty much all the time lol but I've never had any concerns about damage. Not even with the Dreamcatcher danglies.

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I have to agree with faellen. I've never had problems using a flexi and I have wavy, thick coarse horse like unruly textures that never got caught with any of the beads. Heck I even own the Dec 11' "Mother of Pearl" piece which is one of the pieces with the longest dangles and it never pulled or damaged any of my hairs. I will say though that it was a big learning curve for me to get to a point where I can make it feel comfortable in my updos.

eresh
November 27th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I only get hair caught when I take them out too fast.
That's my own doing.
Otherwise no problems, but I don't have very thick hair or dangles.
I wear a flexi every day :-)
They win in comfort from other toys like Ficcare or forks.
And they don't get damaged easily, even my first flexi is still in top condition :-)

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Well, my XL Fallen Leaves (Was an old FOTM for fall that became permanent?) flexi finally came today. I've seen so many people in here own this piece and so I had to order it!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/C50968C4-918C-4FF8-9CC8-055429F535F6_zpst6r0mal1.jpg

eresh
November 27th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Beautiful centerpiece!
Is it silver or more golden?

Here is my hair today with the fleur de lis :-)
Back
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/2387/0rny.jpg
A bit from the side
http://imageshack.us/a/img801/843/jo89.jpg

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks eresh! :flower: It's more on the gold side. Hopefully it'll darken more in time. I'm starting to fall in love with the gold and copper pieces. Maybe I'm just in a phase. Ooooh I love that Fleur centerpiece, and the bead choices. Still, you give me hope that I'll be able to use my XL if I ever can reach your fabulous length!

eresh
November 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Centerheld is the secret :-)

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Who has two thumbs and already has the December flexi? THIS girl! :joy:

eresh
November 27th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Wooohhhh....PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

turquoisedays
November 27th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Beautiful centerpiece!
Is it silver or more golden?

Here is my hair today with the fleur de lis :-)
Back
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/2387/0rny.jpg
A bit from the side
http://imageshack.us/a/img801/843/jo89.jpg

This flexi is beautiful! It goes really well with your hair. :blossom:

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Who has two thumbs and already has the December flexi? THIS girl! :joy:

So exciting! wow that was fast! Congrats!

dulce
November 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Nice Rowie and Eresh and Turquoisedays! Thanks to back orders,I was able to get a mini Dec FOTM ''snowflake'' for small half ups.Love the silvery,icy snowflake!

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Wooohhhh....PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

ok ok twist my arm :)

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/626880f9c40c6360a658925b2e9672d8.jpg

bad pic, but I'll get a better one tomorrow.... Pinky swear!

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/511e3d780870340bac6cfa824249e4b2.jpg

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Wow that's gorgeous Becky Bear! Love it, and yeah I can't wait to see action shots in the sunlight (hint hint at your porch) hahaha. Still I'm so excited for this piece! Thanks for sharing and getting us all hyped up. :blossom:

ETA: Thanks dulce! :flower:

Valkyriejae
November 27th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Sorry to derail the topic of the lovely December flexis (soooo pretty!) but I have had a strange idea.
I have XL flexis, and while the pin will go through my bun, the beading isn't long enough to wrap over the top for some styles (specifically cinnabuns.) I wonder if there's the possiblility of talking the Flexi people into doing a custom flexi with the XL pin and the Mega beading? Cause I feel like the Mega pins would look comically oversized with my buns...

ETA: I'm posting this here to see if the idea has even occurred to anyone else/find out if anyone else thinks it might be a good idea?

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I doubt they will. You may just need a mega period. I was suprised that I did! :)

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Wow that's gorgeous Becky Bear! Love it, and yeah I can't wait to see action shots in the sunlight (hint hint at your porch) hahaha. Still I'm so excited for this piece! Thanks for sharing and getting us all hyped up. :blossom:

ETA: Thanks dulce! :flower:
I would've done them on the porch, but the sun had already gone down. :( Pics tomorrow if its nice out!

Funny story connected to this flexi:

I met my flexi consultant at the gym to try on the xl and mega to see which would work best. Privately, I wanted the mega out of sheer vanity (good Lord, please forgive me :pray: ) When we figured out that the xl was too small and that the mega worked, I wanted to scream and shout and whoop and hurrah right there in the middle of a 5pm crowded gym locker room, "I fit a Mega! I fit a Mega!" :joy: Needless to say, I was overly proud of myself and my hair. I was SO overly happy that I had enough hair to fit into a mega. Even my cinnabun was a mega; I tried the infinity bun first. However, I knew that the LHC was the only place I could sing my happiness and everyone understand. :D

Stellaaa
November 27th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Sorry to derail the topic of the lovely December flexis (soooo pretty!) but I have had a strange idea.
I have XL flexis, and while the pin will go through my bun, the beading isn't long enough to wrap over the top for some styles (specifically cinnabuns.) I wonder if there's the possiblility of talking the Flexi people into doing a custom flexi with the XL pin and the Mega beading? Cause I feel like the Mega pins would look comically oversized with my buns...

ETA: I'm posting this here to see if the idea has even occurred to anyone else/find out if anyone else thinks it might be a good idea?

Something like that happened to me, I think it's probably a good idea for you, let me explain:

I asked for a custom - the lily centre with the wooden beads wasn't offered as a regular XL at the time so they made me one. Comparing the one made for me with the ones now offered on the web site I can see a couple of extra silver beads on each arm near the centre. It makes the beading part longer than the pin, only by a little, but holy smokes it makes a big difference in the wearing. It's actually too big for me and I always end up wearing a different one because it makes for a loose unstable bun, but I hope I'll grow into it as my hair thickens up a bit. So it's kind of an XXL. I didn't ask for it, but that's how it worked out. I think something like that might work great for you, and looking at your amazing avatar, I bet you can handle the "mega" beading no problem.

NaClH2O
November 27th, 2013, 10:34 PM
LHB that flexi looks amazing!!! :inlove: And congrats on fitting into a mega, something I hope to accomplish someday!

WOOOO 800 posts!!

KittyBird
November 28th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Yea...LHC has made me paranoid! :lol: Also, having thick hair means the flexi has a lot to push through...I have issues with forks too sometimes (though I think in all honesty, my hair is now long enough to bun loosely enough that this is becoming less of an issue. I'm also learning not to twist the hair as much, which allows me to wrap more and make looser buns that stay.)

I used to have problems inserting and removing the flexis without having hairs snap, but now I've learned to be super-careful and I don't get much breakage anymore. My buns always get very messy by the end of the day and there are usually a few strands that get caught in the beads, but I don't find it too difficult to get them out. I always have to carefully wiggle the stick into bun, because if I push it straight through, I end up with pulling and snapping.

KittyBird
November 28th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Lovely, LHB! And congrats on fitting into an XXL flexi! :D

Today was such a grey, boring day, so I decided to brighten things up with my Sunshine/Fallen Leaf flexi when I took the dogs out for their morning walk.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0005425x500_zpsdac5dfd2.jpg

I've also learned that I can do Lazy-wrap buns again, so I did that with an XL flexi when I got back :cool:

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0006467x500_zps6485d12f.jpg

Kaelee
November 28th, 2013, 08:13 AM
That fallen leaf one is gorgeous!!!

faellen
November 28th, 2013, 09:19 AM
rowie - it's about time you got that festive fallen leaf! :lol: it looks great in your hair :)

eresh - the fleur de lis is beautiful and your bun looks so large, I'm jealous! ;)

long_hair_bear - congrats on the arrival of your snowflake! It looks wonderful! Can't wait for mine to arrive.

KittyBird -lovely pics as always! I have to ask you about your LWB... I've found them difficult to do since my hair got longer, I found it much easier at BSL. Any tips on what to do with the extra tail after you've done the main wrap? I find that if I just keep wrapping it round it'll eventually unravel :o

Long_hair_bear
November 28th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Ok, here we go, sunshine pic! Excuse the messy bun!

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/5bf69a63354d5f60131a6562dbeb2819.jpg

Long_hair_bear
November 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM
double post!

NaClH2O
November 28th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Thats looks so gorgeous LHB! Jealous you already have it - I should get mine by Friday I think. :p Only an XL though, I'm not nearly as awesome as you and your mega are.

woelfchen83
November 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I ordered one in mega but I think I'll have to wait a bit until they reproduced them :rolleyes:

Hopefully it'll look as good in light hair as in your dark hair Long_hair_bear :pray:

Long_hair_bear
November 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks everyone! :D

turquoisedays
November 28th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I ordered a Mega as an XL is snug at this point and I love this flexi. I'll definitely be growing into it :)

lapushka
November 28th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Long_hair_bear, does the snowflake flexi cause tangles in any way, seeing as that snowflake might... I dunno catch on hair?

Long_hair_bear
November 28th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Long_hair_bear, does the snowflake flexi cause tangles in any way, seeing as that snowflake might... I dunno catch on hair?

As long as you're careful, no. I haven't had it catch yet. :) It seems to stay on top of my hair and not get into it! :)

lapushka
November 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
As long as you're careful, no. I haven't had it catch yet. :) It seems to stay on top of my hair and not get into it! :)

Good to know! Thanks for answering my question. :D
It's gorgeous, BTW!!!

Rio040113
November 29th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Guessing everyone else knows already but just in case... There will be a second December Flexi up on the Lilla Rose website in half an hour! It's the 'Holiday Flexi', no idea of the actual name or design yet, even consultants haven't seen it yet apparently, they were only told today (I was only told like 3 hours ago) :D I'm torn, I half hope I like it but my wallet really hopes I don't :lol: Anyway, just a heads up to anyone who didn't know!

KittyBird
November 29th, 2013, 12:58 AM
'Holiday flexi'.. I'm don't really like Christmas or anything related to it, so it's probably quite likely that I won't buy that one either. At least I hope I wont, I've been spending way too much lately :lol:

Thank you Kaelee and Faellen! I just wrap the tail around once (because my tail is still quite short), tuck the ends in, and try to catch most of it with the stick when I insert it. I have to 'trap' the tail. The bun usually unravels if I don't (though it sometimes does that anyway).

Rio040113
November 29th, 2013, 01:06 AM
It's up. I'm not a fan, thank goodness... Awesome sale on though, for those who order through the LR site! :)

rowie
November 29th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Not sure what to get! I wasn't impressed with the March Emerald piece since I first saw that piece awhile back, and also because I own the "Lucky Shamrock" piece which I love way better. I kind of like the "joy" holiday piece but it would really be just for the week of Christmas I can wear this, but I do like the color scheme better than the December Snowflake piece. Back to browsing again. ughhhh

KittyBird
November 29th, 2013, 04:19 AM
I love the March Emerald piece! I ordered one in XL through flexi8.com, hope it doesn't sell out before they see my order. :o

rowie
November 29th, 2013, 04:22 AM
The Rich Multi-Cluster is tempting though! It is going to be a retiring piece since it is one of the 50% off piece, for a size XL it was originally $27 down to $13.50! This is a steal, but i'm still undecided.

https://secure.lillarose.biz/products/detail/8-1857.jpg

rowie
November 29th, 2013, 04:32 AM
I love the March Emerald piece! I ordered one in XL through flexi8.com, hope it doesn't sell out before they see my order. :o

Thank you KittyBird! I ended up getting the emerald as well! I figure I just can't have enough green!!!:lol: Plus I love the old Lilla Rose action shot ad for it!

http://www.victoriouslyorganizedwoman.com/resources/flexi%20march.jpg

http://www.themodestmomblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/72388_4870771844237_646750733_n.jpg

Isa-belle
November 29th, 2013, 05:13 AM
For those of you ordering from outside the US - how do you order from the Lilla Rose website? I would appreciate your help :flower:

Isa-belle
November 29th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Rowie, I have this multicoloured Flexi, and I can vouch that is looks gorgeous in dark hair. :)

KittyBird
November 29th, 2013, 05:18 AM
True that, Rowie! There's no such thing as 'too much green'. ;)
I think the Rich Multi-cluster would look fabulous in your hair.

I finally got around to taking an action picture of the L Ruby Bouquet. Those braids are supposed to be fishtails, but it's not that easy to see because I was lazy and used thick strands.
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0001460x500_zps35d4df2c.jpg

KittyBird
November 29th, 2013, 05:50 AM
For those of you ordering from outside the US - how do you order from the Lilla Rose website? I would appreciate your help :flower:

I go to flexi8.com, add a flexi with the right size and price to the cart, go through all the details, and then write what I want in the "Special Requests"-box. For example, "Please replace this flexi-8 with LillaRose style #*****."

Isa-belle
November 29th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Thank you so much Kittybird! This is very helpful :flowers:

This flexi looks stupendous in your auburn hair - all of your updos are gorgeous :crush:

Isa-belle
November 29th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Long_hair_bear Flexi-8 should use your picture to sell the snowflake Flexi. :agape: :D

Ani Ta
November 29th, 2013, 07:08 AM
My November Flexi arrived a couple of weeks ago and finally I managed to get a pic:

http://anitaswelt.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/img_5106.jpg?w=400

rowie
November 29th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Rowie, I have this multicoloured Flexi, and I can vouch that is looks gorgeous in dark hair. :)
Thank you!:flower: I might think about getting it now that you say so. :)

True that, Rowie! There's no such thing as 'too much green'. ;)
I think the Rich Multi-cluster would look fabulous in your hair.

I finally got around to taking an action picture of the L Ruby Bouquet. Those braids are supposed to be fishtails, but it's not that easy to see because I was lazy and used thick strands.
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0001460x500_zps35d4df2c.jpg

Wow :thudpile:! I'm so amazed how beautifully you wear a large with your thick BCL hair! I guess I won't convert my larges then since I'm definitely going to copy this style. As usual I love your buns, and this piece really compliments your hair!!! :flower:

NaClH2O
November 29th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Wow! I wake up to another new December flexi. Thankfully I don't like this one, i don't think my wallet could take the hit :p I have been having too much fun Black Friday shopping for BF and family, can't spend $$$ on myself right now! As much as that Lilla Rosa sale is tempting me..... :inlove:

faellen
November 29th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Not mad about the "joy" flexi so I'll sit out on that. Don't think I'll bother with the sale at all, I'm a bit bummed that I jumped on the snowflake flexi so fast and it's now at sale price :-/

eresh
November 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I'm waiting untill january to order.
My poor budget is croaking.
So I'm glad I don't like the Joy flexi.
I do like the december one, but the centerpiece not so much.
So I'll probably ask a custom order to change the centerpiece.
Unless the january flexi is even more beautiful :-)
Oh so long to wait.....

KittyBird the ruby looks fantastic with your haircolours!
I've been wearing the september flexi a LOT, It's my favorite ever.
I hope they will release this one in purple or blue or brown too with the dragonfly.
The centerpieces are available as I have necklaces with the same dragonflies in all those colours :-)
Who knows!

Can't wait for more real life december flexi photos!

KittyBird
November 29th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Thank you Isa-belle, Rowie and eresh (must have posted at the same time)! Larges are brilliant in these types of buns. I got the inspiration from some pictures eresh posted way back in this thread. :D

morrigan*
November 29th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Oh they have emerald dream again, and it's on sale, but appear that only for usa residents. :confused:

magfish
November 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I broke down because of the sale and ordered my first two flexis, the lovely emerald circle and the festive fallen leaf, both in L. Can't wait to get them!!!

KittyBird
November 29th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Blah, Emerald Dream is now out of stock in XL and I haven't heard anything from flexi-8.com, even though I ordered right after it became available. I hope they managed to save one for me, or that I can get it in L instead. :(

rowie
November 29th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Blah, Emerald Dream is now out of stock in XL and I haven't heard anything from flexi-8.com, even though I ordered right after it became available. I hope they managed to save one for me, or that I can get it in L instead. :(

OMG already! I just bought it early this morning. :shocked: well, I'm glad I got one because of you. I'd def snag that large though. Good luck!

Long_hair_bear
November 29th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I want the Joy one (LOVE Christmas!) but dont see it in a mega. :( I bought the cats meow one though in a mega. :)

eve nightfall
November 29th, 2013, 12:21 PM

Steve from flexi8 wrote me that it is sold out in XL.
I am a little bit sad but saved money :) L doesn't work for me.

I hope I can get a costum order with the "spring in the air" CP because I don't like the different colors of the beads.

KittyBird
November 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Thank you, Rowie! I look forward to seeing it in your hair! I sent an email to flexi8.com, so hopefully they'll reply soon. I hope I can at least get an L :)

eve nightfall
November 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I hope you have more luck than me!

I just wrote with steve, he is VERY busy I think. I don't know if my CO will work ... I asked him to,put one aside and that I buy it later with other Flexis. If not, no problem I will find some others sometimes. I like the Tree CP really, but perhaps I find something like that on a swapboard ...

KittyBird
November 29th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I was lucky!! Steve just emailed me, and he got me an L Emerald Dream!! There were actually just 7 XLs in stock, so there was never much hope for me in the first place. :lol: But an L will be perfect for my braided buns. I love the huge centerpiece!
Steve said that he got to the office very early today to deal with the orders sent to flexi8.com, but I guess they were swamped again. He said that they're planning to make the LillaRose flexis more available to international customers in 2014. They also "spy" on this thread every now and then, and Steve said that they enjoy looking at my action pictures! :o

Avaya
November 29th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I finally took pictures of my November Lilla Rose and also the new December Flexi. I love them both! :xmas:

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/Avaya7/CIMG3764_zps85a2ae8f.jpg (http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Avaya7/media/CIMG3764_zps85a2ae8f.jpg.html)

Autumn's Ruby Bouquet - Large

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/Avaya7/CIMG3771_zps58fc60be.jpg (http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Avaya7/media/CIMG3771_zps58fc60be.jpg.html)

Winter Wonder - Large

Kaelee
November 29th, 2013, 03:00 PM
My flexi held my bun securely and comfortably even through a nap! It took me about 15 tries to get it in there right though. I hope this gets better, I don't like having to redo it so much. But once I get it in right, it's absolutely the best thing ever!

I'm away for Thanksgiving, and I am pretty sure my dec. flexi is waiting for me in my mailbox.

evb
November 29th, 2013, 04:15 PM
I saw the flexi in action last weekend and the lady was wearing a large.... she suggested that I would need an X-large because of the length so I broke down and purchased some today due to awesome sale. I asked her if I could try it on and she initially said yes but in a while {weekend retreat thing} and then when I saw her later she did not have it on her. I really like the ornate drop which is apparently being discontinued and hoped to get it in a small for half-ups but they are already out. I ordered the snow flake one in XL and a few other things in other sized as a small and medium just in case {plus I have daughters} I did not get an emailed order confirmation and cannot log in for some reason to check what exactly I ordered but that is okay. I do hope I got the sizing right for what I want to do with them. I found ordering a pain. It would delete my cart and I would have to start all over again. I also thought I created an account but apparently not since I see no way to check on my order :C

Fortresca
November 29th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I took a picture of my L and XL Flexis:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/333/f/3/flexi_bouquet_by_fortresca-d6w36dv.jpg

if you want to see of them, like action shots, click here :) (http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/333/6/2/my_flexi8_collection_by_fortresca-d6w1vfn.jpg)

Catladyintown
November 29th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Hi Fortresca the link helped a lot. To show the difference of the center piece in Xlarge. I really like the Cat's Meow. Do you have any in Mega by chance that you don't mind showing? Thank you

Long_hair_bear
November 29th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Hi Fortresca the link helped a lot. To show the difference of the center piece in Xlarge. I really like the Cat's Meow. Do you have any in Mega by chance that you don't mind showing? Thank you

I have a mega if she doesn't cat lady! I just ordered the cats meow in a mega with the sale going. :)

Catladyintown
November 29th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Thank you Long hair bear I would love to see the Mega's in action. Right now I am in between Xlarge and mega. But not sure if the center piece balance out with the beads. So Mega's in action would help a lot.;)

Long_hair_bear
November 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Well I have no xl to compare but when I tried the xl on, it didnt fit over my 7" circum. bun. So if your bun is 7"+ circum or more, opt for a mega.

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/5bf69a63354d5f60131a6562dbeb2819.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/626880f9c40c6360a658925b2e9672d8.jpg

Catladyintown
November 29th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Thank you Long hair bear. I just order an FOTM in mega.

magfish
November 29th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Oh no! The winter wonder looks SO good on your hair its making me regret not jumping on getting one!

evb
November 29th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Oh no! The winter wonder looks SO good on your hair its making me regret not jumping on getting one!

lilla rose is having a Black Friday sale today and tomorrow. I was able to order one today so they are still available in the larger sizes {or were a few hours ago}

Long_hair_bear
November 29th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Can anyone else not get on the shopping site?

curlsgalore
November 29th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Can anyone else not get on the shopping site?

Won't work for me either :(.

Long_hair_bear
November 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Won't work for me either :(.

seems to work now :)

NaClH2O
November 29th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Got my snowflake flexi :heartbeat I LOVE IT!!

Shorty89
November 29th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Argh! i would love a snowflake, or even a March one, but I don't have the money on my paypal :( (and don't have a credit card). I think they are already sold out. Is there any hope for me?

NaClH2O
November 29th, 2013, 09:23 PM
You can back order the snowflake! Or ask a consultant to hold one for you until you get the funds. It is gorgeous in person, you will not regret getting one :)

rags
November 29th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Oh, everyone's pics are gorgeous! I'm loving the snowflake the more I see it.

Fortresca
November 30th, 2013, 02:29 AM

no sorry I don'T have a Mega, didn'T need one by now if not on a sock bun... but I saw one on a long hair meeting and it's wider than my glasses, really huge. But thanks to LHB helping :)

dulce
November 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM
They are extending the black Friday sale till this sunday as traffic was so heavy many couldn't shop.My consultant sent out a memo.

rowie
November 30th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I finally took pictures of my November Lilla Rose and also the new December Flexi. I love them both! :xmas:

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/Avaya7/CIMG3764_zps85a2ae8f.jpg (http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Avaya7/media/CIMG3764_zps85a2ae8f.jpg.html)

Autumn's Ruby Bouquet - Large

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/Avaya7/CIMG3771_zps58fc60be.jpg (http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Avaya7/media/CIMG3771_zps58fc60be.jpg.html)

Winter Wonder - Large

Gorgeous as usual! I miss your action pics and it is so nice to see them once in a while. :)

Well I have no xl to compare but when I tried the xl on, it didnt fit over my 7" circum. bun. So if your bun is 7"+ circum or more, opt for a mega.

Beautiful! Thanks for showing this piece in the sunlight. I love it! I might get this piece in a mega if the sale has been extended.

Here is my contribution:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/d4b99621-91dd-4b0a-8ccb-24b12a0f3c73_zps705906f9.jpg

Rio040113
November 30th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Lovely to see that the beads aren't lost in dark hair :) Excited for mine, I hate waiting 2/3 weeks for the postie to bring them :(

rowie
November 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Lovely to see that the beads aren't lost in dark hair :) Excited for mine, I hate waiting 2/3 weeks for the postie to bring them :(

I personally feel that this piece is wonderful on brunettes and darker hair colors. I too was worried about the beads, but in the end i'm happy about it, and that is why I liked the usual white Christmas theme pieces that Lilla Rose kind of drifted away from. Still, I think this is a stunning universal piece that compliments everyone's hair color.

morrigan*
November 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Do you think XL flexi would be too big for me ?
Because i found a consultant that has one i really want, but only in mini and xl, i don't think i could get any use of mini, but doubt i could pull off an xl.

NaClH2O
November 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM
If you use the stick of the flexi like a hair stick, it's easy to use flexi's that are a little too big :D

Avaya
November 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Gorgeous as usual! I miss your action pics and it is so nice to see them once in a while. :)

Here is my contribution:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/d4b99621-91dd-4b0a-8ccb-24b12a0f3c73_zps705906f9.jpg

Thanks Rowie, your comments always make me smile! :o

And your action shots are always thud worthy every time!! :thud: Every Flexi against your beautiful ebony hair are just jaw dropping fabulous!! :blossom:

NaClH2O
November 30th, 2013, 01:07 PM
My turn! :inlove: I absolutely adore the new December 2013 flexi. This piece is so gorgeous in real life, it just sparkles. This is the perfect flexi for winter!! Just waiting on the weather to catch up with my mood and give me some snow.

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af44/shankity/bc65e070-8698-4a44-8257-27215e73b927_zps1e1676f1.jpg?t=1385841740
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af44/shankity/488b72da-fcd0-41ff-87a0-41ae14bec8ab_zps624ccc87.jpg?t=1385841832http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af44/shankity/d0cd4264-68c1-4a20-b162-0a29e1137b27_zpsf5e68a7b.jpg?t=1385755563

This flexi is size XL.

Long_hair_bear
November 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I'm thinking of becoming a flexi 8 consultant :) I'd have my own ordering website and everything! :)

faellen
November 30th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Ooooh I'm loving these snowflake pics, Avaya, rowie, and NaClH2O! It looks so pretty! I am jealous because when I order from a consultant it takes a while to get to me :(

Long_hair_bear
November 30th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Ooooh I'm loving these snowflake pics, Avaya, rowie, and NaClH2O! It looks so pretty! I am jealous because when I order from a consultant it takes a while to get to me :(

You should order from the consultants website so it ships right to you!

Avaya
November 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Beautiful NaClH2O! The silver is lovely with your blonde hair! :)

rags
November 30th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Rowie - :thud: So perfect with your hair!

NaClH20 - this is gorgeous on you! :crush: I'm glad to see it looks good on lighter hair as well! Very, very pretty!

eresh
November 30th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I took a picture of my L and XL Flexis:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/333/f/3/flexi_bouquet_by_fortresca-d6w36dv.jpg

if you want to see of them, like action shots, click here :) (http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/333/6/2/my_flexi8_collection_by_fortresca-d6w1vfn.jpg)

The aurora borealis with stone cluster is very high on my wishlist :-D
Thanks for posting your pictures!

eresh
November 30th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Gorgeous as usual! I miss your action pics and it is so nice to see them once in a while. :

Here is my contribution:

Does the snowflake not have a little blue stone in the middle as on the site pictures?
The blue beads also don't show very much.
But I love the icy look it has!

eresh
November 30th, 2013, 04:50 PM
My turn! :inlove: I absolutely adore the new December 2013 flexi. This piece is so gorgeous in real life, it just sparkles. This is the perfect flexi for winter!! Just waiting on the weather to catch up with my mood and give me some snow.

[CENTER]
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af44/shankity/bc65e070-8698-4a44-8257-27215e73b927_zps1e1676f1.jpg?t=1385841740
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af44/shankity/488b72da-fcd0-41ff-87a0-41ae14bec8ab_zps624ccc87.jpg?t=1385841832

Ah! Now I see the blue better :-)

Rio040113
November 30th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I personally feel that this piece is wonderful on brunettes and darker hair colors. I too was worried about the beads, but in the end i'm happy about it, and that is why I liked the usual white Christmas theme pieces that Lilla Rose kind of drifted away from. Still, I think this is a stunning universal piece that compliments everyone's hair color.

In all fairness rowie, I'm pretty sure just about everything looks amazing in your hair :lol: but I really am happy to see the beads stand out nicely still, my hair isn't as dark as yours but it is pretty dark and I wondered if the blue might get a little lost. I'm like you, I love the white Christmas pieces, I was ecstatic to get a hold of a Winters Gift, if you remember? :p Your action pic of that flexi was fabulous too. Personally I'm liking the brighter silver tone of this piece as well, it feels 'right' with snowflake/icy theme and colours :)

NaClH2O
November 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM

Beautiful NaClH2O! The silver is lovely with your blonde hair! :)

NaClH20 - this is gorgeous on you! :crush: I'm glad to see it looks good on lighter hair as well! Very, very pretty!

Thanks everyone!! I am really happy with the December flexi. It is so pretty and puts me in the mood for the holidays :inlove: I can't wait to see everyone else's action shots.

Kaelee
November 30th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Looky what was waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home from my grandparents! :crush:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/001_zps468c07fb.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/001_zps468c07fb.jpg.html)

I'm finally getting the hang of inserting the flexi! I need more practice but I think I might have found the "trick" to it. :D

Isa-belle
December 1st, 2013, 01:43 AM
These snowflake Flexis look gorgeous in everyone's hair!

Here is one of my latest acquisitions in action - I got it when Flexi had their free shipping deal:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/e-zabelle/lhc/2013-11-30_XLflexi-dreamcatcher_IMG_8544_zpsa05883dc.jpg
It is the Dreamcatcher in XL.

Being a cat lover, I also had to get the Cat's Meow - but the XL size turned out slightly smaller than my usual XLs, and is not working in my current favourite bun. I'll have to experiment again with the centre-held bun, which I haven't done in ages.

I might, ah, have ordered a couple more megas yesterday :whistle: :couch:

rags
December 1st, 2013, 06:41 AM
Kaelee, that looks great in your hair!

Isa-belle, I can't see your pic?

Isa-belle
December 1st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Rags - thanks for letting me know. I could see it just fine, and the album it's posted in is public; then again, maybe it's a glitch in the new system that I'm not aware of.
Anyway, I've reposted it through an outside hosting service. Hope it works now. Thanks again! :flower:

Avaya
December 1st, 2013, 08:55 AM
Looky what was waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home from my grandparents! :crush:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/001_zps468c07fb.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/001_zps468c07fb.jpg.html)

I'm finally getting the hang of inserting the flexi! I need more practice but I think I might have found the "trick" to it. :D

Your Flexi looks beautiful in your hair as always Kaelee, I love your action shots! :) Will you please share your "trick"? I have problems with my Flexi clips too from time to time. :blossom:

Here is one of my latest acquisitions in action - I got it when Flexi had their free shipping deal:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/e-zabelle/lhc/2013-11-30_XLflexi-dreamcatcher_IMG_8544_zpsa05883dc.jpg
It is the Dreamcatcher in XL.

Beautiful Isa-belle! :crush:

Shorty89
December 1st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Anyone have any recommendations for a consultant? Or would someone be willing to buy the winter flexi for me and I'll pay them back in about 3 weeks once the money hits my paypal? :)

Isilme
December 1st, 2013, 09:18 AM
Oh, I love that Dreamcatcher Isa-Belle! I'd love to have in in medium since they work very well for half ups in my hair. Wonder if Lilla Rose ships to Sweden? They are very cheap right now.<br>(I see now that they don't. Bummer since it was on sale, I can buy it at full price at the real Flexi site though. But I don't like to miss a great price! Cultmate doesn't have that style either :( )

faellen
December 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM
You should order from the consultants website so it ships right to you!

I can't because I'm international, even when I go to the consultant's site the only shipping options I get are for Canada, Mexico and United States.

Can't wait 'til Flexi-8 rework their site :D

rags
December 1st, 2013, 10:22 AM
I can see it now Isa-belle!!! :thud:

ETA: Shorty, I'm checking with my consultant to see how long she'll hold clips.

ashke50
December 1st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Current Flexi8 stash...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7901&d=1385920872

My favourite Flexi8 styles are below:

Equilibrium bun (using XL),

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6315&d=1379252468

figure 8 (using L)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7903&d=1385921517

and an English plait folded and held across the middle with a flexi8 (M). Not sure if that style has a name, I just call it "folded plait".

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7902&d=1385921515

Kaelee
December 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
Your Flexi looks beautiful in your hair as always Kaelee, I love your action shots! :) Will you please share your "trick"? I have problems with my Flexi clips too from time to time. :blossom:

For me it seems to be making the bun far enough away from my head (about one finger space between wrapping the bun and my scalp/head) that there's room to slide the stick UNDER the bun without pulling.

Isa-belle
December 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM
ashke50 :thud: Gorgeous collection, and stunning updos. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you Avaya, Isilme and rags :)

Isilme, I'm with you on not being able to benefit from the Lilla Rose sale. Ah well. I do hope they are working on making Lilla Rose international friendly. They would certainly get a lot of sales.

eresh
December 1st, 2013, 12:24 PM

Can't wait 'til Flexi-8 rework their site :D

Me too! That will be such an improvement.
I'm very happy they are making these changes :-)

Kaelee and Isa-belle: Lovely!

ashke50 nice collection! I love the light sapphire one, that centerpiece!

Avaya
December 1st, 2013, 01:11 PM
For me it seems to be making the bun far enough away from my head (about one finger space between wrapping the bun and my scalp/head) that there's room to slide the stick UNDER the bun without pulling.

Thanks Kaelee! :flower:

Lovely pictures ashke50! I will have to try the folded braid style, it is really lovely! :)

Major milestone for me, I have upgraded to an Extra Large!! :joy:

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/Avaya7/CIMG3803_zps737b82e8.jpg (http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Avaya7/media/CIMG3803_zps737b82e8.jpg.html)

Celtic Cross - Extra Large

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/Avaya7/CIMG3806_zps86b76b13.jpg (http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Avaya7/media/CIMG3806_zps86b76b13.jpg.html)

Famous Celtic Knot - Extra Large

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/Avaya7/CIMG3801_zpsa3be7a73.jpg (http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Avaya7/media/CIMG3801_zpsa3be7a73.jpg.html)

Rich Multi-Cluster - Extra Large

puddums
December 1st, 2013, 01:32 PM
I fell victim to the Black Friday sale. I bought 4 (dreamcatcher, enchanting copper rose, native filigree copper, and a festive poinsettia) :o Plus I had already bought two of the December FOTM. Oops.

Kaelee
December 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM
That Celtic Cross with the jade heart beads is on my WANT list! :D

How do you guys go about ordering customs? Theres one that I really want, and I know they can do it, but how?

Dowzey
December 1st, 2013, 02:47 PM
I just ordered two, the jade beaded celtic one in M and a blue one with hanging beads in S. Hope they get here soon!

Crumpet
December 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
Current Flexi8 stash...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7901&d=1385920872

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6315&d=1379252468

figure 8 (using L)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7903&d=1385921517

and an English plait folded and held across the middle with a flexi8 (M). Not sure if that style has a name, I just call it "folded plait".

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7902&d=1385921515

Amazing stash. I love the large blue one. It looks fab in your hair!

KittyBird
December 2nd, 2013, 01:34 AM
That Celtic Cross with the jade heart beads is on my WANT list! :D

How do you guys go about ordering customs? Theres one that I really want, and I know they can do it, but how?

I've ordered lots of customs and it's very easy. I just write what I want in the "Special Instructions" box. Usually it's something like "Please make style #***** with the bead-work/centerpiece of style #*****". If you want beads from more than one piece, be specific about what pattern you want. Flexi8 can do pretty much anything. My most complicated order was a Celtic knot flexi with beads from 3 different flexis.
You may have to pay a $5 custom order fee, but personally, I think that's pretty cheap. :)

carrielynn
December 2nd, 2013, 05:23 AM
This thread is making me drool... I'm pretty new to LHC and only just ordered my very first hair toys, some basic sticks. But I have been stalking this thread since I joined and am thinking of trying a Flexi. Just a couple of questions to make sure I understand -- Flexi8 is the company that makes these, and Lilla Rose is an independent consulting distributor? So I could feasibly order from either, though LR offers FOTM? Do you guys in the States prefer ordering from one place over another? This could get so addicting... :)

duchess67
December 2nd, 2013, 06:00 AM
Wow, you have an amazing collection of Flexi-8's! Flexi that holds the equilibrium bun and figure 8 bun looks pretty in your hair.

Current Flexi8 stash...

figure 8 (using L)

Kaelee
December 2nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Can anyone tell me if the all silver bead ones are made from metal, or plastic? I want an all metal one if possible, but I've noticed a lot of the silver beads are actually plastic (I want all metal for durability reasons, though stone or all-one-color (not coated) plastic would work too.)

magfish
December 2nd, 2013, 11:13 AM
This thread is making me drool... I'm pretty new to LHC and only just ordered my very first hair toys, some basic sticks. But I have been stalking this thread since I joined and am thinking of trying a Flexi. Just a couple of questions to make sure I understand -- Flexi8 is the company that makes these, and Lilla Rose is an independent consulting distributor? So I could feasibly order from either, though LR offers FOTM? Do you guys in the States prefer ordering from one place over another? This could get so addicting... :)

Yep, you've got it. Flexi8 is the company that makes them (which is why you go through them for customs), Lilla Rose is a site that sells them, and they are the only ones with the FOTM. There are also independent consultants who I believe work for Lilla Rose, they're good if you're not in the states or Canada or you want a specific FOTM that is no longer in stock. You could order from either, though LR does have more designs / options than the Flexi site. It's really a matter of preference, and since I'm not in the states I can't help with that. Enjoy!

Long_hair_bear
December 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
The cat's meow in a mega!

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/a797c1cb6cd522c84058375ef96de4b8.jpg

rowie
December 2nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
Congrats Avaya for upgrading to the XL now! I'm sure you'll still be able to use your huge collection of large FOTMs. :) I love the latest pieces you have, and they all compliment your hair so elegantly!

Long_Hair_Bear I love that cat's meow piece on your hair. It looks stunning.:blossom: Plus it's nice to see you sporting the infinity bun with a Flexi. It's like a bun shaped like a flexi and held with a flexi. :laugh: I keep telling myself i'd order some non FOTM pieces until i'm done collecting them, but I can't help it!

Lovely pieces everyone. :flowers: Oh my this thread is starting to move as fast as the Ficcare thread. :laugh:

Yay my March 2013 FOTM just came in! :happydance: I love it just like I love the March 2012 Lucky Shamrock piece I own. I did order the "joy" piece, but sadly Steve told me it might not make it until after Christmas. Oh well, at least I have both December 2013 FOTM.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/CEDC125A-DA81-42D3-A560-6F7212E180D0_zpsewu1qlpy.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/532db145-1f1c-4781-b6bc-d7d7d643902c_zps69015bc0.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/113016cb-3087-48eb-95a7-e17f0d209c32_zpsd17cc106.jpg

KittyBird
December 2nd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Ooo, that's gorgeous Rowie!! I knew it would look amazing with your hair colour! Now I'm even more excited about getting my L Emerald Dream :inlove:

rowie
December 2nd, 2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks KittyBird! :flower: This piece looks amazing in person. I just had a dirty camera phone and didn't realize it when I was taking those shots. I can't wait to see your action shot for this piece!

KittyBird
December 2nd, 2013, 03:59 PM
I'm in Portugal right now, but I'll be back in Norway on Thursday. I hope it will be there then! :D

rowie
December 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
I'm in Portugal right now, but I'll be back in Norway on Thursday. I hope it will be there then! :D

Oh how exciting! The weather must be nice there. Did you bring any Flexi pieces with you? Well I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Happy safe traveling!

Catladyintown
December 2nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Thank you Long hair bear the cats meow in mega is gorgeous. Rowie like always your flexis look fantastic in your hair.

KittyBird
December 2nd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Oh how exciting! The weather must be nice there. Did you bring any Flexi pieces with you? Well I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Happy safe traveling!

Thank you! It's very nice, but it does get cold in the evenings. Still warmer than Norway though.
Of course, I always have Flexis with me! I think I brought 4-5 megas (September FOTM and the rest are customs) and 1 Brilliant Bloom XL. Forgot to bring an L, so no braided buns unfortunately. I usually have 1 or 2 flexis laying around in each purse and in the backpack I bring to work. And there are of course a few hair sticks as well, in case I'd rather put my hair up with that. I like to be prepared for anything :cool:

Avaya
December 2nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Congrats Avaya for upgrading to the XL now! I'm sure you'll still be able to use your huge collection of large FOTMs. :) I love the latest pieces you have, and they all compliment your hair so elegantly!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/113016cb-3087-48eb-95a7-e17f0d209c32_zpsd17cc106.jpg

Thank you rowie! Your kind words are always welcome! :o

Your latest Flexi is a stunner for sure! I think this is one of my favorites on you, GORGEOUS!! :magic:

Isilme
December 2nd, 2013, 04:56 PM
This whole concept with consultants sounds intriguing. Is anyone here one and how does it work? I may be interested but realize it is not so much a topic for LHC, anyone care to PM me and we can email privately? (I sincerely hope this is not against the guidelines!)

rowie
December 2nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Thank you Long hair bear the cats meow in mega is gorgeous. Rowie like always your flexis look fantastic in your hair.
Aww thanks! :blossom: I've enjoyed reading your post in the earlier years of this thread. Sorry about what happened with the "Lucky Shamrock" piece.

Thank you! It's very nice, but it does get cold in the evenings. Still warmer than Norway though.
Of course, I always have Flexis with me! I think I brought 4-5 megas (September FOTM and the rest are customs) and 1 Brilliant Bloom XL. Forgot to bring an L, so no braided buns unfortunately. I usually have 1 or 2 flexis laying around in each purse and in the backpack I bring to work. And there are of course a few hair sticks as well, in case I'd rather put my hair up with that. I like to be prepared for anything :cool:

Wow i'm jealous with the weather you are in. Where I am at, it is below zero. I love the cold, but it can get draining. Ok I think you are the flexi Queen in here. I only use my flexi when I want to switch up my toys.

Thank you rowie! Your kind words are always welcome! :o

Your latest Flexi is a stunner for sure! I think this is one of my favorites on you, GORGEOUS!! :magic:

Thank you! :blossom: I shall treasure this piece even more since you gave me a wonderful compliment. It's such a pleasure to get to talk to you finally. I can't tell you how much I used to admire your action shots of the FOTM you showed in the thread. My favorite piece on you is the "Dazzling Fireworks" star dangle piece and the "Proud Display of Color" Peacock piece. Those two pieces look stunning on you that I had to find those pieces. :lol:

gemruby41
December 3rd, 2013, 06:26 AM
Rowie-that is truly beautiful in your hair! I hunted one down two months ago, but haven't worn it yet.

Here's my Dec FOTM
http://i41.tinypic.com/20tf7o4.jpg

rowie
December 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks gemruby41! Wow I love the snowflake piece on you! It looks stunning and makes me feel like wearing it today!

I just wanted to say thanks to pingviini for the tip off to order the the November 2012 "Fall Harvest of Colors" piece that flexi 8 still has in a size mega.

I'm so excited!:happydance: I just love fall and winter colors even though I was born in the spring.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/Nov-2012-FOM_zpsee31b2ec.jpg

Marli
December 3rd, 2013, 09:29 AM
I love the November 2013 flexi8:

http://abload.de/img/dscn4401i6kc1.jpg http://abload.de/img/dscn44051wkt3.jpg

gemruby41
December 3rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
The red in the Nov flexi looks great against your hair color Marli!! I love the beads and stones.

magfish
December 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
I am SO jealous! This is a gorgeous flexi. I actually emailed Steve to see if they had any kicking around in any other sizes, which they don't. He said there were a ton of people asking about it and that it must have been one of the forums - looks like it was you! He also said they don't plan on bringing it back, but that there are some gorgeous FOTMs coming up, so get excited! :)

Isilme
December 3rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
Consultant work is not for me, there is a minimum order of 1000 USD for international ones :( That's steep for a student.

rowie
December 3rd, 2013, 01:03 PM
I love the November 2013 flexi8:

http://abload.de/img/dscn4401i6kc1.jpg http://abload.de/img/dscn44051wkt3.jpg

This looks fabulous on you! I also love this piece. For some reason I like all the November FOTM pieces! Thanks for sharing. :blossom:

Valkyriejae
December 3rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Guysguysguys! I got my new flexi! And the wonderful magfish agreed to take pictures of it and my slightly older flexi to share!

Here are the flexis - the blue one is a custom I got off the swap board and the green is a custom I just ordered with the centerpiece from the April FOTM and then the beading from one of the standard flexis.
http://i.imgur.com/fFL1RAM.jpg

And here are the action shots: Blue in a braided nautilus bun and green in a very hastily done figure8 bun - they're both XLs but because of the beads the green is slightly smaller and therefore I can actually use it for figure 8s
http://i.imgur.com/IqnXO7Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iBMMUM0.jpg

eresh
December 3rd, 2013, 03:32 PM
very pretty choices of beads with those centerpieces!!

Catladyintown
December 3rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
Valkyriejae both of your flexi8 look beautiful in your hair. Love the tree of life with the green beads.

eresh
December 3rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
The sun was out today (though it was freezing cold)
So I took the opportunity to make a group photo of my Flexi's
1 L flexi is out on holiday at my friend, so she can get the hang of using a Flexi (she is going to order with me the next time)
(Oh dear, creating a new addict?! :-))
She has the prominent dragonfly one with metallic green beads.
Total of 30 flexi's, 29 in the photos/video.

Yes, husband already told me it is crazy to videotape such a thing....
But I thought you all here would appreciate it :-)
Videolink: http://youtu.be/jOY4BkVY7TI

Photo thumbnails (click on them for the big images)
Grouped all sizes
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/c/689/d887.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/j5d887j) http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/c/716/ooh6.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/jwooh6j)

All Minis and one XS
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/c/36/5uez.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/105uezj)

All S
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/c/10/ig46.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/0aig46j)

All M
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/c/62/o0il.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/1qo0ilj)

2 L's and all XL
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/c/834/c2k5.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/n6c2k5j) http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/c/41/2z43.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/152z43j)

Ronja came to inspect my actions...
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/c/28/shd4.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/0sshd4j) http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/c/600/2j0r.jpg

(I like dragonflies a lot, does it show?)

Catladyintown
December 3rd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the June FOTM 2013 in black or brown hair. I have a chance on getting a XLarge.
But I have to see if it would look good in black hair? Any help would be appreciated.

rowie
December 3rd, 2013, 03:51 PM
wow eresh such a wonderful treat to see your fabulous collection out in the sun. :thudpile: There are many pieces I like in your collection. I hope I can someday do this as well. Thanks for giving us a sparkly glittery experience. :blossom:

eresh
December 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
Glad you like it Rowie :-)

Too bad imageshack did resize the original images smaller (the ones you see when you click the thumbnails),
even though I selected DO NOT resize, argh

Catladyintown
December 3rd, 2013, 04:22 PM
Eresh I love the video. Your collections is fantastic.:cool::cool:

lapushka
December 3rd, 2013, 04:36 PM
Awesome collection, Eresh! :)

KittyBird
December 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Wow, eresh, your collection is amazing! Don't listen to your husband, it's absolutely not crazy to film it! :thudpile:

Long_hair_bear
December 3rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
How do you guys email Steve about availability?

Valkyriejae
December 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
How do you guys email Steve about availability?

I just use the contact form on the flexi site: http://www.flexi8.com/message.html?id=gZoPLzVA

rowie
December 3rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
I just use the contact form on the flexi site: http://www.flexi8.com/message.html?id=gZoPLzVA

This, but I usually try to address it to both "Steve" and "Kate" since they both handle anything related to stalk and custom orders.

Long_hair_bear
December 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone! Seeing if they have purple cluster in a mega. :)

rowie
December 3rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone! Seeing if they have purple cluster in a mega. :)

You can always request a custom. :) Just let Steve and Kate know.

Long_hair_bear
December 3rd, 2013, 07:55 PM
You can always request a custom. :) Just let Steve and Kate know.

Oh I know.....Just wanted to see if they had a ready made mega before I paid the customs price. :)

Isa-belle
December 4th, 2013, 05:09 AM
What an amazing collection Eresh, and the video is so helpful - very appreciated. I love your choices (love dragonflies too!).
I also find Flexis to be my best hair toys along with 60th Street forks. They adapt to any length and thickness. I'm using them just as much now that I'm beyond classic, as back in 2008 when my hair was mid-back.

Of course you're making me add more and more to my wishlist... :eyebrows:

The sun was out today (though it was freezing cold)
So I took the opportunity to make a group photo of my Flexi's
1 L flexi is out on holiday at my friend, so she can get the hang of using a Flexi (she is going to order with me the next time)
(Oh dear, creating a new addict?! :-))
She has the prominent dragonfly one with metallic green beads.
Total of 30 flexi's, 29 in the photos/video.

Yes, husband already told me it is crazy to videotape such a thing....
But I thought you all here would appreciate it :-)
Videolink: http://youtu.be/jOY4BkVY7TI

(I like dragonflies a lot, does it show?)

eresh
December 4th, 2013, 05:39 AM

Yes me too, you don't grow out of them, each size still has it's own styles to work with.
And I love the many many different colours and centerpieces available.
Something for each mood/occasion/outfit.
(yes, that's why I need so many LOL I need 1 for every day of the year ...
Okay, I said that to freak husband out hehee)

Rowie... "stalk and custom orders" that made me grin :D

gemruby41
December 4th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the June FOTM 2013 in black or brown hair. I have a chance on getting a XLarge.
But I have to see if it would look good in black hair? Any help would be appreciated.

Here it is in my hair
http://i39.tinypic.com/21o1wzo.jpg

gemruby41
December 4th, 2013, 06:47 AM
eresh-that is a fabulous collection with a variety of sizes!!!

gemruby41
December 4th, 2013, 06:55 AM
I was happy yesterday when Steve told me that me that the August 2012 flexi was available in size small. I ordered, and he contacted me later that it wasn't available and issued a refund.:-(

I'm feeling the sunshine today.
http://i42.tinypic.com/259g0p0.jpg

eresh
December 4th, 2013, 08:09 AM
These look really lovely in your hair!
The outer beads of the sun flexi are especially beautiful.
What are they called do you know? (yellow aurora borealis?)

Catladyintown
December 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Gemruby41 the June FOTM looks beautiful in your hair. Thank you for the picture.
I just went ahead and bought the XLarge in June.:-)