PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Winter Fox
October 27th, 2015, 04:13 AM
I got my flexis (charlottes web and jack'o lantern) today! I love them! :joy:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/736/22326289640_b7eaf6fec1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/A1U55h)

eadwine
October 27th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Those spiders look great!! :D Looks like the perfect size clip for you there :)

Here is my leaf! Came in today. Now the waiting game is for the Olivia :lol:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/leafs.jpg

parkmikii
October 27th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Really pretty all of them! :o

Lisa Long4Life
October 27th, 2015, 10:17 AM
They're so lovely :D I love your buns too. I need to learn some new buns - only doing LWBs at the moment but I'm not sure my hair is long enough for anything else. :confused:

eadwine
October 27th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Thanks!

Mine is a braided nautilus :)

JadedByEntropy
October 27th, 2015, 05:15 PM
jennareid is that a bracelet box you're keeping it in? thats a cool idea.

jennareid
October 27th, 2015, 05:37 PM
It's the box the ebay seller sent it in, but I think it probably is a bracelet box. I might have to try and find some more, or maybe little fabric pouches to keep them in.

rags
October 27th, 2015, 07:23 PM
The Hoot is STILL available in both mini and medium. Not that I have been checking or anything. Aargh. I really am afraid that the color of the owl will be too much against silvers - but he's so cute!!!

:lala:

AlyBlu
October 27th, 2015, 08:18 PM
The Hoot is STILL available in both mini and medium. Not that I have been checking or anything. Aargh. I really am afraid that the color of the owl will be too much against silvers - but he's so cute!!!

:lala:. I am an enabler...get it! It is adorable,

dulce
October 27th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Rags-I got a mini hoot.It's fine with silver hair I think.

JadedByEntropy
October 27th, 2015, 09:02 PM
All silver all happy. :D

Theobroma
October 28th, 2015, 03:08 AM

Rags, the silvers are proliferating in my canopy but they cope effortlessly with Hoot. So effortlessly that I got a pair of minis to wear as side accents with my XL and other people have been telling me the combo looks great! (I was afraid it might be overkill, but it isn't.)

The metal beads are brass, so they're slightly cooler in tone than gold. And tiger's eye manages to be striking and subtle at the same time. Honestly, I think Hoot is the best clip they've put out in forever -- it strikes exactly the right balance between cute and classy. Go for it -- you're going to love it!

Winter Fox
October 28th, 2015, 05:29 AM

dulce
October 28th, 2015, 04:44 PM
I even ordered an xs hoot[not here yet] ,liked my mini hoot so much.It is very elegant looking.

Caitrìona
October 28th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Are there any pictures of the November FOTM out yet :confused:

missblueeyes
October 28th, 2015, 05:08 PM
I came here to ask the same thing. I'm really curious!

Caitrìona
October 28th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Haha, I really hope it's similar to the Winter Wonder or Grace, something elegant :crush:

rags
October 28th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Ah, ya'll are evil enablers! :twisted:

My consultant just put up on FB that the November won't come out till Monday. She didn't know why though.

missblueeyes
October 29th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Does anyone know if they'll restock the Montana flexi in XL? It doesn't say 'limited release' so I was hoping they'd restock it sometime next month but I'm in doubt... I'm also trying to snatch an XL sunflower on black friday because no one wants to trade my L for their XL. :/

lapushka
October 29th, 2015, 06:51 AM
Really liking the leaf one. Pretty fall colors, eadwine!

Theobroma
October 29th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Ah, ya'll are evil enablers! :twisted:

That's as may be, but are we successful enablers? That is to say, have you ordered one? :popcorn:

rags
October 29th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know if they'll restock the Montana flexi in XL? It doesn't say 'limited release' so I was hoping they'd restock it sometime next month but I'm in doubt... I'm also trying to snatch an XL sunflower on black friday because no one wants to trade my L for their XL. :/

I was told by my consultant the the Montana was permanent, so hopefully it will be restocked. It's probably my favorite flexi EVER!!!

That's as may be, but are we successful enablers? That is to say, have you ordered one? :popcorn:

No, I didn't order one. :wannabe:

I ordered two.....(mini and medium)

missblueeyes
October 29th, 2015, 09:41 AM
@rags: Thank you so much for that information! That's really good to hear. :) I'm so glad I didn't miss out on it.

Theobroma
October 29th, 2015, 10:33 AM
No, I didn't order one. :wannabe:

I ordered two.....(mini and medium)

Yay! You're going to love them, I guarantee it! :D

MsPharaohMoan
October 29th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Okay, I received my flexi and it's beautiful but the large just doesn't cut it. It's too small! Can anyone explain the process of getting a larger size? I assume I'll need to contact them first but if anyone has had this experience before that would be helpful...

eadwine
October 29th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks Lapushka!

Winter Fox
October 29th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Curious about November flexi as well :D
Here is an action shot of my Jack O' Lantern.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/762/22547741946_3dca5861fc.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Amt58u)

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Okay, I received my flexi and it's beautiful but the large just doesn't cut it. It's too small! Can anyone explain the process of getting a larger size? I assume I'll need to contact them first but if anyone has had this experience before that would be helpful...just call the customer service number and tell them it was your first time ordering. They will help you out. Customer service tends to be really great.

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Yup, the novemeber one is delayed until 11/2.

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Also-WATCH FOR EMAILS! They are test running stuff prior to black friday, so keep an eye out!

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Goodness they are sending out a ton of emails! The holiday Joy flexi will be released again

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 01:59 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/image.jpg1_10.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/image.jpg1_10.jpg.html)

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 02:00 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/image.jpg2_2.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/image.jpg2_2.jpg.html)

woelfchen83
October 29th, 2015, 02:20 PM
I didn't get a single email from LR these days, so if you get some pictures pleeeeeease share them with us :pray:

parkmikii
October 29th, 2015, 02:22 PM
I didn't get the email either :o

Theobroma
October 29th, 2015, 03:02 PM
I didn't get any emails either. They're probably going to the consultant mailing list only.

The poinsettia clip is very pretty!

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 03:04 PM
I am a consultant. They are sending them out fast and furious. But watch your emails early next week!

I am allowed to post photos when I get them, but other than telling you to watch for emails, I cannot get more specific...so Watch your emails;-)

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 03:09 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/image.jpg1_11.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/image.jpg1_11.jpg.html)

eadwine
October 29th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Ok green leaf with red berries.. and the deer.. centerpieces? *wink wink* ??

two_wheels
October 29th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Oh I love the poinsettia.

lazuliblue
October 29th, 2015, 04:05 PM

I like your thinking!

The gold flexi with the red flower is very pretty. I have always liked the joy flexi but I wish the writing was a bit clearer.

edit: two_wheels I hadn't realised that it is a poinsettia! Very Christmassy :)

Caitrìona
October 29th, 2015, 04:07 PM
I really like Poinsettias but the CP looks more like a flower to me..just noticed it's a Poinsettia from looking at the pin that was posted in the picture below :(

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Nothing further than the bobby pins yet

eadwine
October 29th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Nothing further than the bobby pins yet

Can't wait to see what else they come up with :)

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 04:25 PM
^me too! Very curious about the monthly one.

Theobroma
October 29th, 2015, 04:38 PM
^me too! Very curious about the monthly one.

Wait, the poinsettia isn't the new FotM? How many new styles are they about to spring on us, then? :D

missblueeyes
October 29th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Hi! Does anyone know how I can get a message through to the consultants? I'm looking for a XL Sunflower flexi but I can't figure out how to message anyone. :(
Please help!

jennareid
October 29th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Hi! Does anyone know how I can get a message through to the consultants? I'm looking for a XL Sunflower flexi but I can't figure out how to message anyone. :(
Please help!

I'll PM you the consultant that got me my XL sunflower, she's on Facebook, she might have something

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Please help!
If you have not gotten help yet, let me know.

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Wait, the poinsettia isn't the new FotM? How many new styles are they about to spring on us, then? :D

Nope, that is one of the limited editions coming out! I think. I could be wrong. There have been so many emails today, but they are hinting at information versus solid info.

rags
October 29th, 2015, 05:56 PM
I'm weird, I don't like the poinsettia. :p. The Joy is growing on me though.............(I didn't get it last time around, and regretted it when I saw all the action pics). I don't know though. I wouldn't be able to use one for a bun for this Christmas - and I don't like the mini. Hmmm.

AlyBlu
October 29th, 2015, 06:18 PM

Montana will be restocked.

missblueeyes
October 30th, 2015, 01:45 AM
Thanks jennareid and AlyBlu. :) I'm in contact with two consultants right now, maybe I can find the clip I want.

Lisa Long4Life
October 30th, 2015, 05:05 AM
I might have to get a Christmas one :D

Theobroma
October 30th, 2015, 07:11 AM
I'm weird, I don't like the poinsettia. :p. The Joy is growing on me though.............(I didn't get it last time around, and regretted it when I saw all the action pics). I don't know though. I wouldn't be able to use one for a bun for this Christmas - and I don't like the mini. Hmmm.

I'm with you. Actually I'm not madly keen on the Joy in general, but the mini is definitely the size that appeals to me the least. I think the centre is just too big for the clip at that size. (I don't like the mini versions of styles like Ruby Bouquet either.)

rags
October 30th, 2015, 07:42 AM
I'm with you. Actually I'm not madly keen on the Joy in general, but the mini is definitely the size that appeals to me the least. I think the centre is just too big for the clip at that size. (I don't like the mini versions of styles like Ruby Bouquet either.)

Me too, Theobroma! The dreamcatcher is the only one I bought with a large centerpiece - and I never wear it. I like them to be in proportion. I"m thinking I'll skip the joy.

And evidently the poinsettia is going to be the November FOTM? Can anyone else confirm that?

DreamSheep
October 30th, 2015, 07:48 AM
My flexis arrived today! :) I now have a Hoot and an Olivia in Mega, and a cute tiny ladybird in XS! This is the smallest flexi I've owned, I can't imagine how small the minis must be! I showed my boyfriend and he agreed the ladybird was very cute. I hope to get photos over the weekend :) (or early next week, as my hair is a greasy mess, and I'll keep it that way to wear a wig for Halloween .... )

jennareid
October 30th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Hoping there's a Flexi with that holly as the centrepiece.

AlyBlu
October 30th, 2015, 10:56 AM
My flexis arrived today! :) I now have a Hoot and an Olivia in Mega, and a cute tiny ladybird in XS! This is the smallest flexi I've owned, I can't imagine how small the minis must be! I showed my boyfriend and he agreed the ladybird was very cute. I hope to get photos over the weekend :) (or early next week, as my hair is a greasy mess, and I'll keep it that way to wear a wig for Halloween .... )yay! Looking forward to pics!

AlyBlu
October 30th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Thanks jennareid and AlyBlu. :) I'm in contact with two consultants right now, maybe I can find the clip I want.
I have one, so let me know if they cannot find you one.

AlyBlu
October 30th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I think the poinsetta is the flexi of the month

missblueeyes
October 31st, 2015, 03:15 AM
I have one, so let me know if they cannot find you one.

Really? Well, that'd make the search a lot easier. But I guess it would be rude to ask a consultant to stop looking because I found a different consultant that has the flexi I'm looking for, right?

Edit: Nevermind, my consultant found an XL sunflower for me. :) :happydance:

cat11
October 31st, 2015, 07:43 AM
omg poinsettia?!?!?! I will probably have to get one and this puts me in a major conundrum for my "one hair toy a month" challenge 0_0

AlyBlu
October 31st, 2015, 12:54 PM
Really? Well, that'd make the search a lot easier. But I guess it would be rude to ask a consultant to stop looking because I found a different consultant that has the flexi I'm looking for, right?

yay! glad one was found!

AlyBlu
October 31st, 2015, 12:55 PM
omg poinsettia?!?!?! I will probably have to get one and this puts me in a major conundrum for my "one hair toy a month" challenge 0_0
Hehe - I could not live by that rule. But until I found flexis, nothing kept my hair up. So, I am making up for years of nothing(that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!)

cat11
October 31st, 2015, 01:47 PM
Hehe - I could not live by that rule. But until I found flexis, nothing kept my hair up. So, I am making up for years of nothing(that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!)

Hehehe. I like excuses like that. if its this one ( https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/37/49/28/3749281f5512880769bfb7bb55ef66b0.jpg ) then I think I need it D: I've toyed with the idea of one extra hair thing this month since it's my birthday month -_- sigh.

Christine_O
October 31st, 2015, 02:17 PM
A consultant? Really? I'm new to this. I'm looking for a sunflower too.

missblueeyes
October 31st, 2015, 04:53 PM
Okay, wow, if the FOTM is the one you posted, cat11, I need it, too!

AlyBlu
October 31st, 2015, 05:15 PM
A consultant? Really? I'm new to this. I'm looking for a sunflower too.yes, consultants can help you find what you need and we occasionally know things ahead of time.

AlyBlu
October 31st, 2015, 05:16 PM
Okay, wow, if the FOTM is the one you posted, cat11, I need it, too!
I actually think that is the old one that was clearanced over the summer.

Arete
October 31st, 2015, 06:02 PM
I just bought the Oct FOTM. So Excited! :happydance:

Kherome
October 31st, 2015, 08:06 PM
I posted in the flexi trading post on swap, but I'm looking for the Aug 2012 FOTM (Treasures of the sea) prefer a L or XL, but might work a M too. If anyone has one to part with, let me know!

AlyBlu
November 1st, 2015, 09:27 AM
Remember to watch your emails!

eadwine
November 1st, 2015, 09:49 AM
Yay!! My Olivia is coming very soon.. can't wait :D

Very curious what tomorrow is going to bring Flexi wise ;)

missblueeyes
November 1st, 2015, 10:07 AM
Very curious what tomorrow is going to bring Flexi wise ;)

I hope they're not going to release too much - I'm still broke and want to save some money for Black Friday. :rolling:

eadwine
November 1st, 2015, 01:29 PM
When is this black Friday again?

yogagirl
November 1st, 2015, 01:30 PM
I'm a bit terrible at waiting and ordered my first flexi already. I went with a L, so I'm curious to see how it will work :) Just got a shipping notice today, so hurry hurry, postal service!

Just curious, what did they do for Black Friday last year?

missblueeyes
November 1st, 2015, 01:31 PM
On the 27th of November, I think. :) Please correct me if I'm wrong, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in my country.

yogagirl
November 1st, 2015, 01:31 PM
When is this black Friday again?
The day after thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is the last Thursday in November, so this year Black Friday will be Nov 27.

ETA: crossposted. Yep, missblueeyes is correct.

eadwine
November 1st, 2015, 01:35 PM
Thanks you two :) I'll keep an eye out alright!

AlyBlu
November 1st, 2015, 01:48 PM
I'm a bit terrible at waiting and ordered my first flexi already. I went with a L, so I'm curious to see how it will work :) Just got a shipping notice today, so hurry hurry, postal service!

Just curious, what did they do for Black Friday last year?
Rereleased all the monthly flexis for a day

eadwine
November 1st, 2015, 02:11 PM
You can see the fotm on the site already. The black image is less black and showing the flexi ;)

Theobroma
November 1st, 2015, 03:04 PM
Well, I think I'm safe. :) The design is pretty, but I already have styles in those colours that are more me, so I believe I'll sit this one out.

Just as well, because I've been buying far too many Flexis lately! :D

dulce
November 1st, 2015, 03:31 PM
On another forum someone mentioned flexi may go plastic.Does anyone know about this? I sure hope not,love the unbreakeable metal.

Theobroma
November 1st, 2015, 03:44 PM
Oh no, I don't like the sound of that at all. The day they go plastic is the day I stop buying Flexis!

missblueeyes
November 2nd, 2015, 03:26 AM
First they raise the prices and now they want to start making them in plastic instead of metal? No, thanks. I guess I'll have to build a collection before that change goes through, if it does at all. :P

Viola88
November 2nd, 2015, 03:50 AM
You can see the fotm on the site already. The black image is less black and showing the flexi ;)

Good eye. I copied the image to a graphics program and inverted the colors. Poinsettia.

yogagirl
November 2nd, 2015, 08:43 AM
25% off and free shipping on orders over 50$ :)

And the winter wonder you pins are available. So pretty!

roseomalley
November 2nd, 2015, 08:49 AM
I decided not to go with the poinsettia. I have similar colors already and though it is nice, I can resist. I did order the Winter Wonder pins and the Christmas bobbie pin set. I will likely have to pay duty at the door, since it is over $20 total. DH will not like that. Honestly, the duty payment is a big factor in saying no to some things. Also, I have a hard time limiting myself to one size in a favorite flexi.

Scarlet_Heart
November 2nd, 2015, 08:59 AM
Oh man, red AND gold?! ACK TAKE MY MONEY!!

rags
November 2nd, 2015, 09:02 AM
The winter wonder you pins sold out as I was checking out. Ah well. Good excuse to save money! And I'm not at ALL tempted by the poinsettia, so I guess I'm sitting out this month.

eadwine
November 2nd, 2015, 09:28 AM
I can just about scream. Went to checkout to pay with paypal, and it says I need to add a credit card. Looked it up on google, seems like the majority with this issue is Dutch. Yay good going paypal.

lazuliblue
November 2nd, 2015, 09:29 AM
I wish they had colours on parade back in stock! Ah well. It gives me something to look forward to I guess :p

jennareid
November 2nd, 2015, 09:34 AM
Genuinely surprised the site worked for me. Got a Cameo in XL and a Divinely Framed Jewel (terrible name!) in S which I'm hoping will hold the end of a braid for me.

DreamSheep
November 2nd, 2015, 09:34 AM
I know these are all older FOTM designs so perhaps not as exciting as they've been posted up before, but finally, here are pictures from them:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20151102_140313.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_20151102_140313.jpg.html)

Hoot - what a cute owlie! I love this one <3 Now that I realise, I have both owl flexies - Night Owl, and Hoot. I think I like this one better, I like how it goes with my hair. <3

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20151102_140619.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_20151102_140619.jpg.html)

This is Olivia, it might be a new favourite for me. :) I am going to try and get a better picture at some point, as it is quite washed out here and I think a lot of its intricate detail is lost. However, I love the green and the gold.

and finally - the Ladybird! This is the smallest size I have ever worn (an XS), and it is so cute, almost like having a real ladybird in my hair :)!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20151102_140936.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_20151102_140936.jpg.html)

Here's a close-up
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20151102_141108.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_20151102_141108.jpg.html)

Hoping I can get a matching Charlotte's web for it ^_^

** images have been cropped but if they appear large it is only because PB is taking its time to resize them...

eshta
November 2nd, 2015, 09:37 AM
eadwine I feel your pain! I have 3 small flexis in my cart and can't check out. I can't bun yet and half-ups are an almost daily style for me now, I need them :wail:

My only small flexi died a tragic death last year. I lost it and found it a month later in the rubber of my washing machine, rusted. It was a sad sight.

Edited to add: Ha, I just ordered after searching half the house for my credit card. I got Carmine, Celtic Knot Gold, Tawny and Olivia (couldn't resist after seeing your olivia DreamSheep, even faded it's beautiful. And free shipping)

Quasiquixotic
November 2nd, 2015, 09:45 AM
I wish they had colours on parade back in stock! Ah well. It gives me something to look forward to I guess :p

what size are you after? I have an XL I would sell/trade

eadwine
November 2nd, 2015, 09:45 AM
eshta:

You're having the same issue as I have?

You can check out, just make sure you tick that paypal thingie, the site changed a little bit.

But then yeah.. nose bump at paypal.

AlyBlu
November 2nd, 2015, 09:57 AM
Oh Dreamsheep, they are gorgeous!

eshta
November 2nd, 2015, 09:58 AM
Edited to add: Ha, I just ordered after searching half the house for my credit card. I got Carmine, Celtic Knot Gold, Tawny and Olivia (couldn't resist after seeing your olivia DreamSheep, even faded it's beautiful. And free shipping)

I did eadwine, but it said the site couldn't process paypal for my order and to contact administrators or pay another way. But problem solved now :p

eadwine
November 2nd, 2015, 10:15 AM
Lucky you :) Too bad I cannot order a thing with this issue. Bah.

Ah well it's good for my wallet I guess, but I am pissed off about it nonetheless!

Shorty89
November 2nd, 2015, 10:35 AM
I'm debating getting a S for half-ups/folded braids. Do you guys know if the 25% off is already applied to the prices? And what is the shipping like outside the US?

Theobroma
November 2nd, 2015, 10:55 AM
I'm debating getting a S for half-ups/folded braids. Do you guys know if the 25% off is already applied to the prices? And what is the shipping like outside the US?

The dropdown list has "On sale!" next to every price, so yes, the discount has already been deducted.

Shipping to Europe is a flat $4. Very reasonable! One does need to take care to keep the value of the contents under the customs limit, though.

DreamSheep
November 2nd, 2015, 11:04 AM
Oh Dreamsheep, they are gorgeous!

Thank you very much! ^_^

Zesty
November 2nd, 2015, 11:04 AM
I had a large Hoot in my cart on the Lilla Rose website and it let me buy it today. :oops: So I guess I kind of cheated. Anyway, I got that and a gold tree of life since I seem to have outgrown my M flexi for folded braids. I think I can probably also get them to work for center held buns.

DreamSheep, all your Flexis look great! The ladybird is very cute and unexpected. :o

AlyBlu
November 2nd, 2015, 12:04 PM
Had the paypal thing happen here also! But checkout seems to be running smoother

Lisa Long4Life
November 2nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
aww Dreamsheep the ladybird is really cute :)

I'm wanting Winter Wonder, Night Owl, Cat's Meow, Paw Print, and Filigree Dragonfly but not all at once. My bf would think I was nuts.
Argh! :

JadedByEntropy
November 2nd, 2015, 01:35 PM
are there more winter-theme pins coming? do we have to wait till december to find out?

lillielil
November 2nd, 2015, 03:31 PM
My cart currently has:

Copper Rose - Small
Carmine - Extra Small
Scroll Heart You-Pins
Pink & Rose hairsticks

The only flexis I have now are two mediums that work great for holding a LWB. I am not sure why I think I need a small and an extra small. Half-ups? I never do them. Please help me put more reasonable things in my cart or walk away from this sale entirely! The sticks are in there because I currently have no functional sticks and the price seems pretty darn reasonable. I don't know if they are any good.

lazuliblue
November 2nd, 2015, 03:34 PM
My cart currently has:

Copper Rose - Small
Carmine - Extra Small
Scroll Heart You-Pins
Pink & Rose hairsticks

The only flexis I have now are two mediums that work great for holding a LWB. I am not sure why I think I need a small and an extra small. Half-ups? I never do them. Please help me put more reasonable things in my cart or walk away from this sale entirely! The sticks are in there because I currently have no functional sticks and the price seems pretty darn reasonable. I don't know if they are any good.

You might be able to use the xs for a ponytail holder, I use a medium for LWB and an xs fits my ponytail (although I don't own an xs yet, the sale may change that!) I can also still use a small in a LWB. So basically they might all fit you for various things :D

lazuliblue
November 2nd, 2015, 03:36 PM
what size are you after? I have an XL I would sell/trade

Ah thank you for the offer! Unfortunately I am a member of the puny bun club so the biggest I can really use is a medium. I did email them and they said it would be in stock eventually.

lillielil
November 2nd, 2015, 03:42 PM
You might be able to use the xs for a ponytail holder, I use a medium for LWB and an xs fits my ponytail (although I don't own an xs yet, the sale may change that!) I can also still use a small in a LWB. So basically they might all fit you for various things :D

Ok, I went ahead an ordered... after adding a pair of Copper Rose You-Pins. If I hate any of it, I'll swap or return.

AlyBlu
November 2nd, 2015, 04:12 PM
I have not heard of any more styles being released before December

lazuliblue
November 2nd, 2015, 04:52 PM
It won't let me order :( Argh!

Edit: spoke too soon, managed to order. I got an XS after trying on one at the meet-up, the clip was perfect for holding my ponytail.

missblueeyes
November 3rd, 2015, 08:42 AM
I have three flexis on their way to me right now. :happydance: They're not festive in any way, though, so I might need a fourth... I'd love a Winter Wonder. I guess it never ends. :,D

Asrai
November 3rd, 2015, 10:00 AM
I put a big (for me!) order in yesterday during the sale for five extra-large clips since I just in the last couple months have outgrown all my large ones, so those are on the bench until my hair gets long enough to do some center held buns. I picked up Carmine, Festive Leaf, Hues of Blue, Winter Wonder, & Dusky Plum. Can't wait for them to arrive!

Arete
November 5th, 2015, 03:41 PM
My Hoot flexi came today! I love it. So much prettier than in the photo. I didn't get a chance to take a pic outside, so not the greatest pic, but wanted to share anyways :D

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/TheJazzPony/4a75afa9-8f4c-422d-b6f4-37bef08d6387_zpsra9cvccn.jpg

Arete
November 5th, 2015, 03:42 PM
My Hoot flexi came today! I love it. So much prettier than in the photo. I didn't get a chance to take a pic outside, so not the greatest pic, but wanted to share anyways :D

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/TheJazzPony/4a75afa9-8f4c-422d-b6f4-37bef08d6387_zpsra9cvccn.jpg

dulce
November 5th, 2015, 05:49 PM
That hoot owl is adoreable!!

RainbowBowser
November 5th, 2015, 09:49 PM
My apologies for putting a non hair demonstration flexi post but I just found it so silly the way my boyfriend decided to use my flexis like claws.
He had fun :P

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab189/RainbowBowser_0/CBA4C289-DA98-4B9A-9FD6-ADE30B2AD92A_zps2lvwsf84.jpg (http://s862.photobucket.com/user/RainbowBowser_0/media/CBA4C289-DA98-4B9A-9FD6-ADE30B2AD92A_zps2lvwsf84.jpg.html)
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab189/RainbowBowser_0/49272DB5-7002-4169-BC8E-9AF5D04BF878_zpslar6jv8f.jpg (http://s862.photobucket.com/user/RainbowBowser_0/media/49272DB5-7002-4169-BC8E-9AF5D04BF878_zpslar6jv8f.jpg.html)

eshta
November 6th, 2015, 03:38 AM
Beautiful detail on the Hoot up close Arete, it goes really well with your hair color.

Love the creative use of the flexi claws RainbowBowser :lol:

My order shipped on the 4th, it will probably take at least a week to arrive so :mail: :meditate:

eadwine
November 6th, 2015, 06:18 AM
My olivia is on its way and the FOTM, I caved, will be shipped soon. Managed to sort things out with paypal. Just add credit to the account using ideal, sorted :D

lazuliblue
November 6th, 2015, 07:48 AM
The tracking says mine is still in LA, but to be honest the tracking has told me that before and then the flexi arrived anyway!

NGslocks
November 6th, 2015, 08:15 AM
I got my first ever flexi, hoot in medium. I'm obsessed with owls and other birds so it was perfect. I was so impressed with it I ordered one for my mom well.
http://s27.postimg.org/wdy4xvnn7/IMG_20151105_150445647.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Cholie
November 6th, 2015, 01:59 PM
May be a bit off topic I've had my eye on the hoot since I saw this thread, just wondering if anyone in the EU has had problems with these getting stuck in customs/having to pay fees?

Arete
November 6th, 2015, 02:02 PM
May be a bit off topic I've had my eye on the hoot since I saw this thread, just wondering if anyone in the EU has had problems with these getting stuck in customs/having to pay fees?

I don't know about customs, but you'll have to go through the swap boards or a consultant to get a hoot as it was a FOTM and is no longer available on the site :(

Cholie
November 6th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Oh no! Guess I should've gotten it when I first saw it :(

eadwine
November 6th, 2015, 02:22 PM
As for customs, check out your country's regulations on import charges. You'll get a warning when purchasing from LR about possible fees, they are at your own risk. Buy the clips separately to avoid these fees.

Maybe there is a consultant who can still get a hoot for you!

missblueeyes
November 6th, 2015, 02:37 PM

I'm from Europe and I personally haven't had to pay fees yet because I've been lucky but I know that many people from the German boards have to pay customs every time they order. You should definitely look up the regulations for your country and try working around them. :)

Cholie
November 6th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Thank you everyone!

Zesty
November 6th, 2015, 08:56 PM
NGslocks, I love your Hoot! I feel like this one somehow looks good in pretty much everyone's hair. Here's mine (in L), in a very quickly done twist that nevertheless held for the rest of the day:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n120/Paisley_Love/Hoot%20Flexi_zpstk8askcu.jpg

The weather was gloomy so it was hard to get a good picture, but I love it. :cloud9:

lazuliblue
November 7th, 2015, 04:19 AM
The hoot flexis look lovely! The twist looks very elegant zesty.

I have to wait until christmas to wear my hoot flexi...

Cornflake
November 7th, 2015, 05:10 AM
I newly discovered that I love the minis even more than I love the bigger flexi clips. I bought a bunch of them over the last couple of weeks and now I have pictures of all of them :o . I love them!

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/PP/CAM01111_zps0cimishk.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/PP/CAM00847_zps01bexiid.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/PP/Cam1002_zps0zjkjy8n.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/PP/CAM01109_zpsfnsgss7r.jpg

cat11
November 7th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Cornflake, all of those pictures are sop goegeous!! I love the accent braids on the fishtail. I really need to start doing accent braids more often!! And the bun with the flexi holding it is adorable too. Great ways to use smaller clips. I need more smaller sizes too, I went for the big bun holding ones first. But I recently got a small and it's really nice.

Zesty
November 7th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Cornflake, that's so inspiring! I'll have to try using my smaller ones that way, since I wear them very rarely as it is.

Today I'm wearing my other new Flexi. Pardon the poor quality picture and messy updo. :p

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n120/Paisley_Love/Tree%20of%20Life_zps35iei1zz.jpg

Does anyone have any tips for getting a Flexi to stay horizontal in a bun? I'd like to be able to use these in my LWB also but they tend to rotate.

parkmikii
November 7th, 2015, 07:12 AM
So beautiful, Zesty and Cornflake!

lapushka
November 7th, 2015, 08:35 AM
I newly discovered that I love the minis even more than I love the bigger flexi clips. I bought a bunch of them over the last couple of weeks and now I have pictures of all of them :o . I love them!

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/PP/CAM01111_zps0cimishk.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/PP/CAM00847_zps01bexiid.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/PP/Cam1002_zps0zjkjy8n.jpg http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/PP/CAM01109_zpsfnsgss7r.jpg

Oh that is so cute & such a great idea, to add them in for a detail. Beautiful!

Kiwibird
November 7th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I agree. It looks fantastic.

AlyBlu
November 7th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Absolurely gorgeous!

rags
November 7th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Cornflake, your styles are stunning! :thud:

eshta
November 7th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Cornflake that so lovely, such a soft feminine look. I love accent braids.

I only use the smalls for half-ups, you've given me a lot of inspiration! I really disliked the bigger flexi's for buns. The stick is a weird square shape, I always found it very uncomfortable. I had DH break the stick of my XL and just used a ketylo stick instead.

eadwine
November 7th, 2015, 01:07 PM
All the styles look great, even the messy ones :) Mind that is not messy at all ;)

pinkypoo
November 7th, 2015, 03:41 PM
All these flexis are so beautiful I can't wait to expand my collection :yumm: i'm going to try to add a picture of my mega winter wonderland flexi that recently came in, I hope I did this right!http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/xpinkypoox/media/photo_zpsjv4wjcf0.jpg.html

yogagirl
November 7th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Zesty, congrats on your two new flexis! I'm new to flexis, but I've got a beaded 8 and the only bun I manage to make with it without it turning is a disc bun. Maybe worth a try :)

Cornflake... :thudpile: Beautiful styles!

pinkypoo, I can't see your pic unfortunately.

I just got my first flexi in the mail half an hour ago, yay! Was eagerly waiting for it :) It looks littler than I thought it would be. It does fit really well though (size L). I can use it for a folded braid and buns (LWB and disc bun). It is also a winter wonder. Now I just need it to snow... Pretty sure I've never said THAT before... not a fan winter otherwise ;)

cat11
November 7th, 2015, 07:10 PM
I really wanna see some enabling pointsettia action shots.... I keep going back and forth about it. I should have bought it when it was on sale cause it's almost $30 for an xl now :/

pinkypoo
November 7th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Zesty, congrats on your two new flexis! I'm new to flexis, but I've got a beaded 8 and the only bun I manage to make with it without it turning is a disc bun. Maybe worth a try :)

Cornflake... :thudpile: Beautiful styles!

pinkypoo, I can't see your pic unfortunately.

I just got my first flexi in the mail half an hour ago, yay! Was eagerly waiting for it :) It looks littler than I thought it would be. It does fit really well though (size L). I can use it for a folded braid and buns (LWB and disc bun). It is also a winter wonder. Now I just need it to snow... Pretty sure I've never said THAT before... not a fan winter otherwise ;)

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah158/xpinkypoox/photo_zpsjv4wjcf0.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/xpinkypoox/media/photo_zpsjv4wjcf0.jpg.html) okay attempt number 2 haha

yogagirl
November 7th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Oh. Wow. Epic bun :thud: Awesome!

Kiwibird
November 8th, 2015, 04:18 AM
Are some of the beads really blue? I have WW in size m and mine has no blue beads.

eadwine
November 8th, 2015, 04:19 AM
They are not blue, it is the shine that does that :) I have one as well, very pretty clip :)

Cornflake
November 8th, 2015, 04:30 AM
Thank you everyone, you are very kind :o.

Kiwibird, there are "ice blue" beads in the winter wonder that shine blue. The bigger sizes have more of those beads. I find them prettier becaue of that, too bad I can't wear them. There are some smaller sizes that don't shine blue at all. When you check the lilla rose website you can also see it in their shop picture.

Wow pinkypoo, what a beautiful bun! The winter wonder looks great in your hair! :bowtome:

Wildcat Diva
November 8th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Cross posted from Ren Faire hairstyles. I've worked on figuring this out over last night. Now today we are off to Faire. Jeweled Amish pins accent the flexis which match. X-small, medium, x-small.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/janineevans/5D28D804-C352-45DE-9839-6476F7F11C78_zpstz6esdto.png

pinkypoo
November 8th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Thank you yogagirl, and cornflake! :flower: and yes kiwi bird there are some blue beads but only in the larger sizes hopefully their Black Friday sale will be good and we can snag some more ;)

pinkypoo
November 8th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Cross posted from Ren Faire hairstyles. I've worked on figuring this out over last night. Now today we are off to Faire. Jeweled Amish pins accent the flexis which match. X-small, medium, x-small.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/janineevans/5D28D804-C352-45DE-9839-6476F7F11C78_zpstz6esdto.png
That's quite a beautiful Updo Wildcat Diva and I don't think I've seen that flexi before, very pretty! :cheer:

Kaya
November 8th, 2015, 08:27 AM
So, I've been thinking about giving Flexi-8s another chance. I bought one quite a few years ago and didn't particularly like it. The beads snagged my hair.

But they have some awfully pretty designs at the moment and it might be nice to try again.

I just have two questions, since things have changed from the last time I ordered. One is sizing: what are the pin/stick lengths? They used to state how long each was for the different sizes, but now it looks like it's all about hair circumference. I work better off of functional length! :o

The other question is what's the deal with consultants on Lilla Rose? Do you have to know one so you can place an order?

roseomalley
November 8th, 2015, 08:30 AM

I am from Canada. I never had to pay duty/customs until about six months ago, maybe? All of a sudden, I am charged duty at the door. It sure has slowed down my purchasing. Not sure what happened to change things. :confused:

yogagirl
November 8th, 2015, 08:38 AM
wildcat, looks great!! Have fun at the faire!

eadwine
November 8th, 2015, 09:08 AM
I am from Canada. I never had to pay duty/customs until about six months ago, maybe? All of a sudden, I am charged duty at the door. It sure has slowed down my purchasing. Not sure what happened to change things. :confused:

Your country likely perked up on import duties is what I think it is. :/

Cornflake
November 8th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Kaya, you don't need a consultant to order from their website. You can find the pin lengths and other info about sizing here. (http://www.lillarose.biz/flexi-sizing-and-styling.html?id=LeQDe8Gq)

Kiwibird
November 8th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the info Conflake. I noticed it in the shop.

And the Amish Bun is really great Wildcat.

lazuliblue
November 8th, 2015, 12:09 PM
What a gorgeous updo Wildcat Diva! I ordered that flexi in the sale. My tracking still says it is in LA...I am hoping its actually in the UK but the tracking just hasn't updated.

AspenSong
November 8th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Beautiful styles everyone....But man, Cornflake and WD...you guys just totally inspired me to do something more fun with my flexis! I used to do accent braids and all that, and lately it's just been a regular bun. But I've got several XS and S flexis that I need to use for WEO and I'm totally excited after seeing your beautiful styles to dream up something pretty to utilize them! :)

AlyBlu
November 8th, 2015, 02:30 PM
So, I've been thinking about giving Flexi-8s another chance. I bought one quite a few years ago and didn't particularly like it. The beads snagged my hair.

But they have some awfully pretty designs at the moment and it might be nice to try again.

I just have two questions, since things have changed from the last time I ordered. One is sizing: what are the pin/stick lengths? They used to state how long each was for the different sizes, but now it looks like it's all about hair circumference. I work better off of functional length! :o

The other question is what's the deal with consultants on Lilla Rose? Do you have to know one so you can place an order? I am a consultant and more than willing to help - but you do not need to have one. You can order straight from the site. Consultants are helpful in finding stuff, if you are local to one, we usually have product that you can try before you buy and we know about sales ahead of time. So here to help - but you can do it straight through the site.

parkmikii
November 8th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Did anyone get a refund from Lilla Rose until now? I still didn't get my hoot flexi that I ordered over a month ago and I wouldn't want a new one. I'd like either another flexi model, either money back so I can order another model on the next sale :/
I'm quite disappointed as the tracking code shows the flexi as being in country since a month ago but no package at the post office nor in the mailbox

eadwine
November 8th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Have you contacted them already? I have never had that happen that something didn't arrive, so I don't know how they go about that. Contacting them is number one though.

parkmikii
November 8th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Have you contacted them already? I have never had that happen that something didn't arrive, so I don't know how they go about that. Contacting them is number one though.

I did and no reply so far :/

eadwine
November 8th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Try again :) My experience with them has always been outstanding. They are likely very busy and your mail got snowed under.

parkmikii
November 8th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Try again :) My experience with them has always been outstanding. They are likely very busy and your mail got snowed under.

I will right now :D

lazuliblue
November 9th, 2015, 04:01 AM
I will right now :D

Yes defitnely try again, they have replied on the occasions that I have messaged them.

Kaya
November 9th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions! :flower: I took the plunge and ordered a large Winter Wonder. :o Now the waiting game for it to get here and to see if I can get it to work!

parkmikii
November 9th, 2015, 04:44 AM
Yes defitnely try again, they have replied on the occasions that I have messaged them.

Just messaged them again. I'd love to get a reply as it would have been my first flexi, but I'd prefer a refund since with the money of an xl hoot I'd afford 2 xls on a sale and hoot isn't available anymore on top of that :/

Wildcat Diva
November 9th, 2015, 08:29 AM
That's quite a beautiful Updo Wildcat Diva and I don't think I've seen that flexi before, very pretty! :cheer:

wildcat, looks great!! Have fun at the faire!

What a gorgeous updo Wildcat Diva! I ordered that flexi in the sale. My tracking still says it is in LA...I am hoping its actually in the UK but the tracking just hasn't updated.

Beautiful styles everyone....But man, Cornflake and WD...you guys just totally inspired me to do something more fun with my flexis! I used to do accent braids and all that, and lately it's just been a regular bun. But I've got several XS and S flexis that I need to use for WEO and I'm totally excited after seeing your beautiful styles to dream up something pretty to utilize them! :)

Thank you all. Aspensong, I'm glad you liked it and I can't wait to see what you come up with! I used a ponytail holder underneath my updo and it worked very well and held my hair all day with no problems. I was very pleased.

missblueeyes
November 9th, 2015, 09:05 AM
LR must be very busy right now. I sent a message on the 3rd of this month and then another one asking why I didn't get a response (just added it to the first e-mail) a couple days ago. No answers. :/

eadwine
November 9th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Stay calm, they will get around to things. They took a number of days to get back to me as well. I wager: loads of mails, not enough people to handle everything.

lillielil
November 9th, 2015, 01:08 PM
My order arrived today! I can use the small for a ponytail or a center-held bun. The XS is great for a very secure ponytail, and I'm sure I will find other uses for it. The hairsticks are short enough to be wearable, and very pretty.

The pins are too long :( They come poking out the other side of my bun no matter how I arrange them. Also one of the pins has a weird blob on the side of the topper where it looks like a drip of metal didn't let go. I'll have to take a picture.

grasshopper
November 9th, 2015, 01:23 PM
missblueeyes: I sent them a message the same day and got a response about 12 hours later ...
I also think they're quite busy at the moment, but 6-7 days seems a long time to wait. I'd reply to the automatic response they're sending and ask - maybe the message got lost somewhere.

AlyBlu
November 9th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I know a few of you did not like the smaller Joy flexi, but I am really fond of it. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg.html)

lazuliblue
November 10th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Oh that is so cute AlyBlu!

I'm glad that your order has arrived lillielil. We both had an xs flexi arrive today! Sorry to hear that the pins are too long, and that one has a weird bit on it. Perhaps if you contact lila rose they will be able to sort something out?

My flexis arrived this morning, I got the daisy for buns and the 'lovely circle' in xs for a ponytail. The daisy is gorgeous! I think it's become one of my favourite flexis. The xs lovely circle holds my ponytail really well (thanks to going to the london meet-up I got to try on one beforehand to check the sizing!)

Zindell
November 10th, 2015, 05:27 AM
My apologies for putting a non hair demonstration flexi post but I just found it so silly the way my boyfriend decided to use my flexis like claws.
He had fun :P

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab189/RainbowBowser_0/CBA4C289-DA98-4B9A-9FD6-ADE30B2AD92A_zps2lvwsf84.jpg (http://s862.photobucket.com/user/RainbowBowser_0/media/CBA4C289-DA98-4B9A-9FD6-ADE30B2AD92A_zps2lvwsf84.jpg.html)
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab189/RainbowBowser_0/49272DB5-7002-4169-BC8E-9AF5D04BF878_zpslar6jv8f.jpg (http://s862.photobucket.com/user/RainbowBowser_0/media/49272DB5-7002-4169-BC8E-9AF5D04BF878_zpslar6jv8f.jpg.html)

This is hilarious! :rolling:

Wolverine!

rags
November 10th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Alyblu, is that a mini or an x-small? I think it's an x-small from the amount of beads - I hope i'm right, because I don't use that size much, but the minis are workhorses for me. :p

missblueeyes
November 10th, 2015, 08:51 AM
It's really interesting how differently sized two XL* flexis can be. I have a FOTM and a regular one and the FOTM fits just fine. I have to grow into the other one, though.

AlyBlu
November 10th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Alyblu, is that a mini or an x-small? I think it's an x-small from the amount of beads - I hope i'm right, because I don't use that size much, but the minis are workhorses for me. :pxs. My minis are further down the braid.

rags
November 10th, 2015, 12:39 PM
xs. My minis are further down the braid.

Ah see I find the XS to be attractive - it's the mini in that style I find very disproportionate. And x-smalls are slightly too big for my ponytail (even with rounding the "eights" to shorten it) and too small for anything else.........

AlyBlu
November 10th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Ah see I find the XS to be attractive - it's the mini in that style I find very disproportionate. And x-smalls are slightly too big for my ponytail (even with rounding the "eights" to shorten it) and too small for anything else.........if you put a small clear rubber band on the bar, it bumps the size up usually enough on one the is slightly to large.

I do not know how to do half ups, so minis and xs are all braid jewelry.

sumidha
November 10th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Hi guys, quick question, is there any advantage to buying flexi's through a consultant versus just buying them from the website? I saw a flyer advertising someone as a consultant in my town, but the idea of going to a stranger's house to listen to a 'buy my flexi's and other assorted holiday junk' presentation gives me an awkward tupperware party kind of vibe.

AlyBlu
November 10th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Consultants can help. They can help find older styles, we usually know about sales ahead of time and sometimes we have sales that are just for our clients. And it can be nice to try them on ahead of time but you can definitely do it without one. I am a consultant but I do everything online as I am not a party hosting type. So there are few benefits, but no requirements.

sumidha
November 10th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the response AlyBlu, the idea of older styles is kind of tempting but I think I'll skip it. :)

KellieKay
November 11th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Does anyone here have experience with the bobby pins? I was just wondering how they hold and if they''re comfortable.

Theobroma
November 11th, 2015, 02:39 PM
They hold VERY well. I have to be a bit careful taking them out because they need a liitle persuasion to let go!

eadwine
November 13th, 2015, 12:50 AM
Finally a bit better light.. it was always too dark before this.. so.. here is with delay my new Olivia clip :)

If the light is still ok when I get home from work I will post a pic of the poinsettia.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/oliviasm.jpg

eadwine
November 13th, 2015, 12:50 AM
Finally a bit better light.. it was always too dark before this.. so.. here is with delay my new Olivia clip :)

If the light is still ok when I get home from work I will post a pic of the poinsettia.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/oliviasm.jpg

lapushka
November 13th, 2015, 04:58 AM
I like that Olivia a lot (almost called it "olivine" don't know why LOL), eadwine! It shows up against your hair quite prominently and that's just lovely! :D Also the center is quite "bling bling" - wow, pretty clip!

Cornflake
November 13th, 2015, 05:51 AM
eadwine, the olivia looks fantastic in your hair! It's one of my favourite cilps. I love your haircolor, by the way :o .

Now I am really hoping the light will be ok when you come home from work, I am so eager to see pictures of the poinsettia :oops:... can't wait for mine to arrive! :mail:

eadwine
November 13th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Thanks you two!! Here is the other one. And Lapushka, check your email :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/pointsm.jpg

KittyBird
November 13th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Both look gorgeous on you, eadwine, but the centerpiece of the poinsettia is just stunning!

eadwine
November 13th, 2015, 06:13 AM
Thanks Kittybird, and yeah it sure is!

Here is a closer up pic

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/pointcenter.jpg

KittyBird
November 13th, 2015, 07:01 AM
I didn't like it much in the shop, but I kind of want one now that I've seen your picture. I'm trying to not spend money on stuff like hair toys right now, so I must.resist.temptation! :p

eadwine
November 13th, 2015, 07:10 AM
:lol: Good luck! ;)

parkmikii
November 13th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Thanks Kittybird, and yeah it sure is!

Here is a closer up pic

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/pointcenter.jpg

It's really beautiful indeed :(
I don't really afford it, but it looks really beautiful in your hair! :)

cat11
November 13th, 2015, 08:27 AM

GASP. I need it! It looks so good on you.

Estrid
November 13th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Wow eadwine, both of them look amazing in your hair! I am not sure if they would look as good in my hair (and I should not try to find out since I can't afford buying more things now), but daaang, they look good on you!

/Margo

DreamSheep
November 13th, 2015, 08:59 AM
So pretty eadwine!
I think Olivia may be one of my favourites, right up there with Flitter :) It's stunning!

eadwine
November 13th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Thanks all! :)

lapushka
November 13th, 2015, 09:32 AM

This one's pretty too. Something went wrong again with the picture in the e-mail (don't know what gives). But I'm glad I get to see it this way. :D

eadwine
November 13th, 2015, 10:09 AM
So weird.. I am attaching the picture to the email. *shrug* Straaange

dulce
November 13th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Missblueeyes-try calling Lilla rose.

AlyBlu
November 13th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Well crud, I was not into the poinsetta, but that is gorgeous! Great pics Eadwine!

eadwine
November 13th, 2015, 02:31 PM
:lol: Thanks AlyBlu!

Littlefox
November 15th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Finally my XXL Flexis arrived and I wanted to share some pictures of them:

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/bodyscensus/IMAG2884_zpsjx9jqiwq.jpg
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/bodyscensus/IMAG2880_zps61zocgaa.jpg
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/bodyscensus/IMAG2876_zpspmcrk30k.jpg

I love the Poinsettia! It looks so great with my hair color and shows again that gold just goes really great with my hair (I allways thought that I'm a silver person :shrug:)

eadwine
November 15th, 2015, 09:09 AM
VERY pretty clips :)

Littlefox
November 15th, 2015, 09:16 AM
And very sparkly looking xD Adds something very dramtic to the pictures lol

lapushka
November 15th, 2015, 09:20 AM
So weird.. I am attaching the picture to the email. *shrug* Straaange

Might have happend in transition - you never know. I haven't had this happen before with pics, though... Odd, isn't it. It's a mystery! *cue mystery music* :lol:

Finally my XXL Flexis arrived and I wanted to share some pictures of them:

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/bodyscensus/IMAG2884_zpsjx9jqiwq.jpg
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/bodyscensus/IMAG2880_zps61zocgaa.jpg
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/bodyscensus/IMAG2876_zpspmcrk30k.jpg

I love the Poinsettia! It looks so great with my hair color and shows again that gold just goes really great with my hair (I allways thought that I'm a silver person :shrug:)

Very pretty!

dulce
November 15th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Wow!Littlefox!Gorgeous clips and they look awesome with your hair.

dulce
November 15th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Eadwine,that looks lovely!

JadedByEntropy
November 15th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Littlefox your color is so pretty and solid-red. I really like that shade with all those flexis and am surprised how much the poinsettia matches!

AlyBlu
November 16th, 2015, 03:35 PM
LittleFox - gorgeous!!!

Littlefox
November 16th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all the love you guys! :flower:

morrigan*
November 17th, 2015, 12:38 AM
I have a question is xl flexi much bigger than l ?

Scarlet_Heart
November 17th, 2015, 06:52 AM
I have a question is xl flexi much bigger than l ?
It is. I almost wish there was a size in between.

cat11
November 17th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Yes it's a big jump Morrigan.

I really hope they re release Charlotte's Web...

Kaya
November 17th, 2015, 08:44 AM
So this is assuming that my new Winter Wonder flexi that was delivered today works for me...

I saw that Colors of Parade is back in stock. I fell in love with the design the minute I saw it, despite not being available at the time. I'm presuming that it isn't a limited release? It won't disappear within the next few months? I'd buy a couple now, but since I'm still not entirely sure the flexis will work for me and also I have another order of headbands on the way, I'm a bit pinched on funds! :D

missblueeyes
November 17th, 2015, 08:59 AM
It is. I almost wish there was a size in between.

Same. :( I think XL FOTM's are close to regular L's but regular XL Flexis are just huge!

morrigan*
November 17th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Same. :( I think XL FOTM's are close to regular L's but regular XL Flexis are just huge!

Is this true, because i'm eying fotm, but curently i'm wearing large, although i trim a bit so i really shouldn't thinking about sizing up :D

Theobroma
November 17th, 2015, 12:49 PM
It depends on the individual style and the size, I think. There seems to be a perception on the German board that fotms run small, but from the style I have I wouldn't say this was a very pronounced trend. The only one of mine where the xl is REALLY much smaller than average is Pearl.

morrigan*
November 17th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Thank you, then i will rather stick with large.

And long time no see :D

AlyBlu
November 17th, 2015, 01:17 PM
So this is assuming that my new Winter Wonder flexi that was delivered today works for me...

I saw that Colors of Parade is back in stock. I fell in love with the design the minute I saw it, despite not being available at the time. I'm presuming that it isn't a limited release? It won't disappear within the next few months? I'd buy a couple now, but since I'm still not entirely sure the flexis will work for me and also I have another order of headbands on the way, I'm a bit pinched on funds! :D it is a permanent design. They ran out of it on the sale days.

AlyBlu
November 17th, 2015, 01:23 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/IMG_0062.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/IMG_0062.jpg.html)XXL, XL and Large starting at the top. There is a decent size leap between large and xl

morrigan*
November 17th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Thanks Alyblu this is helpful:D

lapushka
November 17th, 2015, 01:43 PM
I always thought the sizes were nice and even, but the mega is a few steps in between. Not so much between the L & XL.

missblueeyes
November 17th, 2015, 03:31 PM
It depends on the individual style and the size, I think. There seems to be a perception on the German board that fotms run small, but from the style I have I wouldn't say this was a very pronounced trend. The only one of mine where the xl is REALLY much smaller than average is Pearl.

We're actually currently trying to measure as many flexis as possible to analyze their sizing. I know for a fact that I have a Floral Design in XL (not a FOTM) that slides out of my hair when I use it because it's too big. However, Tidepool Treasures and Colours on Parade (both in XL) fit me just well. My L Sunflower also ran smaller than my L Tiger Lily Amethyst.
I'll take a picture for you tomorrow so you can see what I mean. :)

Scarlet_Heart
November 17th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Tree of Life is one of the smaller XLs... at least my silver one is.

Meanwhile, Simple Gold is ginormous.

Kaya
November 18th, 2015, 05:23 AM
it is a permanent design. They ran out of it on the sale days.

Yay! Thank you for the answer. :flower: It makes me very happy I'll be able to pick up that design.

I'm so pleased to say that the Winter Wonder flexi works beautifully for me. No snagged hair or tugging as long as I'm careful about removing it. So I'm officially on the flexi bandwagon. Next up to order will be the Colors on Parade. After that, who knows...:eyebrows:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0484_zps6eajy835.jpg

Cornflake
November 18th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Gorgeous, Kaya! :bigeyes:

In my experience the difference between size L and XL is huge.
Here is a picture of two Olivias, one in XL and the other one in L.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/flexi/CAM01359_zpsjnfv2jbz.jpg

JadedByEntropy
November 18th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Gorgeous, Kaya! :bigeyes:

In my experience the difference between size L and XL is huge.
Here is a picture of two Olivias, one in XL and the other one in L.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/Zwergpirat88/flexi/CAM01359_zpsjnfv2jbz.jpg

thats quite a large leap between those sizes...yeah, shouldve gotten the XL.....

Theobroma
November 18th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Yes, Floral design in XL is pretty big... but I own at least four* FotMs that are pretty much exactly the same size: Night Owl (stock now, but originally a FotM), Maltese Cross, Grace, and Hoot. I remain unconvinced that there's a strong trend for FotMs to run small in XL, and even if a given style does so in one particular size, that doesn't necessarily say anything about the trend in other sizes. Among the clips where I have both L and XL, XL may run small compared to stock styles but L will be dead-on average.

*Make that five. My Ruby Bouquet is in the same ballpark. Whereas Roman Cross and Marrakesh Romance are somewhat smaller. (I have too many Flexis. Here's hoping I hate the December FotM...)

Lisa Long4Life
November 18th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Yay! Thank you for the answer. :flower: It makes me very happy I'll be able to pick up that design.

I'm so pleased to say that the Winter Wonder flexi works beautifully for me. No snagged hair or tugging as long as I'm careful about removing it. So I'm officially on the flexi bandwagon. Next up to order will be the Colors on Parade. After that, who knows...:eyebrows:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0484_zps6eajy835.jpg

That's lovely :)
It's one of the ones I'd like to get next if I place another order.

AlyBlu
November 19th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Kaya - winter wonderland looks stunning in your hair - just gorgeous!

mbella77
November 19th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Soliciting

mbella77
November 19th, 2015, 11:38 AM
<Mod note: Items removed.>

eadwine
November 19th, 2015, 12:02 PM
27! LMAO! The number is almost ridiculous.

Honestly.. are those ALL new ones, or are they counted as all sizes? So one new style is like.. what.. 8 new flexis because there are so many sizes?

Wait and see what happens for me and what I am going to do.

cat11
November 19th, 2015, 12:08 PM
hehehehehhehe ill be there

mbella77
November 19th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Soliciting

eadwine
November 19th, 2015, 02:19 PM
You mean really 26 new styles with all having the sizes available from XS to mega? That is a LOT of new clips alright.

mbella77
November 19th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Soliciting

eadwine
November 19th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Very nice. Steering clear of those though :lol: Very pretty but only for special occasions or they cling to everything ;)

mbella77
November 19th, 2015, 02:31 PM
You and me both! :toast: I stayed up for 28 hours last time. I had no clue it would be this big but explains why they kept testing when they changed the site.

yay! :happydance::disco::joy::cheese:

Hoping all their preparing leads to a smoother night than last time!

Lirona
November 19th, 2015, 02:42 PM
New dangles too! How do you insert images?

https://cloud.lillarose.biz/FX/M/Z/FX-2625_M_Z_01.jpg

Oh my stars, that is an impossibly gorgeous photo. The hair, the clip... everything. :thudpile:

Rushli
November 19th, 2015, 02:43 PM
You and me both! :toast: I stayed up for 28 hours last time. I had no clue it would be this big but explains why they kept testing when they changed the site.

I only stayed up until 4:48 (or at least that was my last post on here) central time. Then had to get up a few hours later to take care of 3 little kids. THis time I will have to get up to travel 2.5hrs the next morning to spend thanksgivign with extended family. It opens at 1am for me so I hope it does not take me longer than an hour this time.

ETA: what kind of bun is that?

mbella77
November 19th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Not sure what kind of bun but it has many wondering.
My husband has Black Friday off. He will be around to care for our son :-)

parkmikii
November 19th, 2015, 03:02 PM
There will also be a flexi with this centerpiece from what I saw on a Facebook group
https://instagram.com/p/-R0qnXgkbw/

mbella77
November 19th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Soliciting