PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

eresh
December 26th, 2018, 07:05 AM
Today I'm wearing a classic Flexi, the open flower.
Goes nicely with my flowery jeans.

https://i.imgur.com/yrg29qCl.jpg

eadwine
December 26th, 2018, 07:41 AM
The sale is on!

Got phoebe, sapphire joy and the cloud one.

eresh
December 26th, 2018, 07:43 AM
I finally got a Carmine copper/purple in XL.
It had been out of stock in that size for sooooo long.
I'm very happy, with 10% off too :-D

I also got the Phoebe FOTM.

Go and look, there's a sale, 10, 30 or 60 % off items

MusicalSpoons
December 26th, 2018, 07:46 AM
Oh that's so much prettier than on the website! *Goes off to see* Edit: that was for eresh and the open flower.

:O :O :O they have a sale on that they sneakily didn't advertise! Some 60% off!! :bounce: Edit: ha, yeah, you can tell I didn't see all the previous posts when typing this original reply :oops:

eadwine
December 26th, 2018, 07:47 AM
The did advertise ;)

The email likely will drop soon.

MusicalSpoons
December 26th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Double post - stoopid internet glitch :doh:

MusicalSpoons
December 26th, 2018, 09:01 AM
The did advertise ;)

The email likely will drop soon.

I only go by e-mails, tbh - I'd have thought that would be the quickest method to find out anyway, but apparently not :laugh:

Welp, the exchange rate stinks so all the 10% off ones which I thought I'd be able to buy are about 64¢ too expensive this month. Thankfully they're ones which should still be around for the next sale though.

On 60% and 30% off I've picked up (so far) poinsettia, raindrops, Yolanda + stick, and java (I hate coffee but I'm an avid strong tea drinker ;) ).

AmaryllisRed
December 26th, 2018, 09:48 AM
I'm too cheap for 10% off but I'm strongly considering a few of the 60% off ones. And maybe a swerve since I've wanted to try one.

shaluwm_agape
December 26th, 2018, 02:39 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34768&d=1545860099

Finally here! And I'm obsessed! My clara XS really stands out

Crystawni
December 26th, 2018, 04:21 PM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we haz a sticky situation that's been brewing at LillaRose. The sticks have become thinner and lighter, there are four bumps compared to three, and they've got less severe, more rounded nodules to help with sliding through the hair.

https://i.imgur.com/7y51ggI.jpg

L-R: Mega/XXLs 4 bumps or 3?; Mega XXLs thickness (both from my BF order); older flexi (m) and two new ones (XL); same again; two new XL showing thickness; the thick and thin of things.

lunasea
December 26th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Interesting. I'd never have noticed that since I pretty much always cut the sticks off.

eadwine
December 27th, 2018, 02:25 AM
The new ones have four notches instead of three. It is one notch more than before and I guess too many people were trying to shove too little hair in too large flexis and LR got too many returns because of it. It is a smart solution to a pebcak problem.

Also.. less deep notches? Not so in my case.

Here is a pic of two of mine:
https://i.imgur.com/mkrXXE7.jpg

Slightly thinner.. just a fraction. I have yet to hear someone state their stick bent on the old version.

Old one 3.0mm, new one 2.9mm. Hardly anything to worry about IMHO.

Mind.. we haz a sticky situation brewing? No need for dramatics. There is no WE in this situation, it is LR's decision to change things around. All WE can do is stop buying them if WE don't like it.

Crystawni
December 27th, 2018, 02:54 AM
The new ones have four notches instead of three. It is one notch more than before and I guess too many people were trying to shove too little hair in too large flexis and LR got too many returns because of it. It is a smart solution to a pebcak problem.

Also.. less deep notches? Not so in my case.

Here is a pic of two of mine:
https://i.imgur.com/mkrXXE7.jpg

Slightly thinner.. just a fraction. I have yet to hear someone state their stick bent on the old version.

Old one 3.0mm, new one 2.9mm. Hardly anything to worry about IMHO.

Mind.. we haz a sticky situation brewing? No need for dramatics. There is no WE in this situation, it is LR's decision to change things around. All WE can do is stop buying them if WE don't like it.

I'm fine by it. :p Just me playing with words. :grin: And I do find there's a nice weight difference; less is good, especially with the bigger flexis.

Milady_DeWinter
December 27th, 2018, 03:51 AM
I didn't realized it, but I aldo think that less weight is cool!

Btw I also fall in the sale; got the cloud, the new phoebe and some other interesting stuff :) Now I have to be in hairtoy time out for a while!

Shaluwm, your clara is beautiful! :)

eadwine
December 27th, 2018, 07:24 AM
I wasn't too much into the cloud until I saw Eresh wear it.

BEWARE though, the cloud seems rather hair eat happy.

MusicalSpoons
December 27th, 2018, 07:45 AM
I wasn't too much into the cloud until I saw Eresh wear it.

BEWARE though, the cloud seems rather hair eat happy.

Ditto! I talked myself into it with the promise that if I don't like it, I can send it back or sell it. (PayPal will cover shipping fees for returns under certain circumstances, and LR take PayPal now, hooray!)

eresh
December 27th, 2018, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the compliment MusicalSpoons! :-D

The rainy cloud flexi is my new favourite!
It was the Flitter but the cloud has taken over :-)

shaluwm_agape
December 27th, 2018, 08:20 AM
Thanks Milady :)

eadwine
December 27th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Ditto! I talked myself into it with the promise that if I don't like it, I can send it back or sell it. (PayPal will cover shipping fees for returns under certain circumstances, and LR take PayPal now, hooray!)

They have been taking paypal for as long as I have been ordering flexis.. well over ten years now. Aww man, you should have asked! :)

MusicalSpoons
December 27th, 2018, 08:35 AM
:doh: maybe I just didn't notice then :rollin: oh well! There haven't been any problems or anything I really regret buying anyway, it just felt like this time I was taking more of a chance :)

Milady_DeWinter
December 27th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Eresh was the cause I took it, but in a little version :) I just picked it for half ups, will try to have care with the dangles... but since a tiny xs aria and a cute scarlet will come too, my hair might better prepare for it :lol:

eresh
December 27th, 2018, 09:37 AM
LOL I caused a whole series of Cloud purchases it seems :D

MusicalSpoons
December 27th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Yup - see, they really should pay you commission!! :p

eresh
December 27th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Wahahahaha ;)

lunasea
December 27th, 2018, 11:32 AM

I thought this was just a particularly clever play on words....Just Crystawni being herself! :rollin:

In other news, I picked up https://cloud.lillarose.biz/FX/T/FX-3452_T.jpg, https://cloud.lillarose.biz/FX/T/FX-3307_T.jpg, and https://cloud.lillarose.biz/FX/T/FX-3458_T.jpg at the sale. Love the leathers! I got a bronze stick for kicks because it was basically free since it kicked me up to the free shipping level.

Milady_DeWinter
December 27th, 2018, 12:11 PM
I thought this was just a particularly clever play on words....Just Crystawni being herself! :rollin:

In other news, I picked up https://cloud.lillarose.biz/FX/T/FX-3452_T.jpg, https://cloud.lillarose.biz/FX/T/FX-3307_T.jpg, and https://cloud.lillarose.biz/FX/T/FX-3458_T.jpg at the sale. Love the leathers! I got a bronze stick for kicks because it was basically free since it kicked me up to the free shipping level.

Ah yes, I picked Dakota too! Will love seeing all the action shots :D

Cinnamonagouti
December 27th, 2018, 05:47 PM
There's so many pretty flexis! But I can't spend too much money on hair toys (especially since I rarely use them - i mostly wear my hair in a braid).

A few years ago I ordered a flitter in XS for half ups, and an autumn compass in L, which was smaller than I thought. But I really like the colour and design of that one. It still fits for half-up buns or centre-held buns if I take away some hair in the front and twist and wrap around the bun after it's done. If you understand what I mean :P

Anyway, I ended up ordering the following: celtic lore in XL (I've wanted that one since I ordered y first flexis; it's so simple and yet so pretty), poinsetta gold in XL, poinsetta silver U-pins, and celtic (celtic centre-piece with thin leather bands) in XS for half-ups. But it was so hard to choose. I like both the night owl and the hoot really much, but they were only on 10% sale. I'm really looking forward to the arrival of the order, and I hope XL will fit my buns better.

So even if I don't have as many flexis as some of you guys have, I think I have a pretty good, though small, collection. There's the celtic ones for a more casual look, then the poinsettas for festive looks, the autumn compass that fits perfectly for every-day wear as well as for dressing up (but in a more discreet colour than the poinsetta), and also the flitter just has a really pretty colour (I almost want one in XL, too). :)

Gwyned
December 28th, 2018, 12:54 PM
I just ordered some of the 60 percent off flexis since LR is having a sale. I got three larges: Cliona; Darlene; and Takara. And then I went ahead and got three XXLs: Emerald Joy; Sapphire Joy; and Crystal Joy. After looking at the bun thread, I thought that an XXL would be too big for me. I just always kind of think I have hair that isn't as long as a lot of you guys. I take pics of my buns frequently and they're big and fluffy but they don't seem as big as some people who wear XXL (to me). Well, I got my first flexi yesterday (XXL Solana), and the flexi fits but it's kind of...a little small?

I also got one of the sticks. They're short and thin. It's a no for me. Pretty, but no. :)

eadwine
December 28th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Please do share some pics. Also, what does the stick tell you (either on the tip or on the ball end)?

shaluwm_agape
December 28th, 2018, 03:31 PM
I have been trying to post this flexi on the swaps for a while but have had no such luck would any of you lovely ladies like an Elizabeth Flexi in a M

Henrietta
December 29th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Guys... There was a Christmas Flexi a couple of years ago (either just a Christmas release or a FOTM) with holly leaves. Gold base, green and red beads, enamel holly leaves. Does anyone know what it was officially called? Just "Holly leaves", or did it have another name?
I'm experiencing another instance of the "I ignored it for years but now I want it" Flexi itch.

eadwine
December 29th, 2018, 02:55 PM
I believe simply Holly

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lilla-Rose-Flexi-Hair-Clip-new-Holly-Leaf-FX-2897-MD/202345039189

That one, right?

Henrietta
December 29th, 2018, 05:18 PM
I believe simply Holly

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lilla-Rose-Flexi-Hair-Clip-new-Holly-Leaf-FX-2897-MD/202345039189

That one, right?

Exactly!
Then that would be at least the first instance in which two clips have the same name. Holly was also one of the clips that had the simple band centrepiece and then blue/orange/green/cranberry red/green+cranberry red beads... The green one, I think...?
I remember seeing two different clips with the same name. Maybe it was Holly, or maybe it was yet another one...

MusicalSpoons
December 29th, 2018, 05:29 PM
There's also been a poinsettia previous to this year's, I discovered when searching for action shots. It was maybe 5 or so years ago, with a smaller, enamelled centrepiece - much more understated than this year's, from what I could see.

eadwine
December 30th, 2018, 01:38 AM
Yep I have that one as well:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/60/64/ea/6064ea201afb48a3cc4545ebc3752eb5--poinsettia-lilla.jpg

Crystawni
December 30th, 2018, 04:33 AM
Aaaand there was Festive Poinsettia that I wear any time of year thanks to it being so understated and a nicely toned neutral red. :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/Xy5b5Sf.jpg

Groovy Granny
December 31st, 2018, 03:43 PM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we haz a sticky situation that's been brewing at LillaRose. The sticks have become thinner and lighter, there are four bumps compared to three, and they've got less severe, more rounded nodules to help with sliding through the hair.

Yes I DID notice....when I couldn't secure my half ups and ponytails with newer small clips bought in October....and I then saw the notches were only half the depth in the front :hmm:

I also saw that the stick was thinner and I was able to cut through it with no problem (yay...problem solved); my older sticks required a heavy duty cutter and the strength of my SIL ;)

It was no biggie for me,as I had already cut the sticks off 3/4 of my collection to use with my wood and acrylic sticks.
And it is actually my preference, because the attached sticks added weight, which caused the clips to slip right out of my fine silver....and never held well most of the time ;)

Milady_DeWinter
January 1st, 2019, 09:40 AM
Oohh, I love that other silver version of the poinsettia! :D

Today I had a neat family lunch to celebrate the New Years, so I went kind of elegant with a dress and such. I also rocked the interlaced braids (you can look for a tutorial in youtube), that I haven't wore in about 1 year... And there's my XS peacock for decoration! I don't use it often, but I felt like wearing it yesterday and today.
My well trained bf help me to take the pic this time :o

https://i.imgur.com/y186jDW.jpg

eadwine
January 1st, 2019, 09:48 AM
Looks great!!!

eresh
January 1st, 2019, 03:29 PM
Interlaced braids are so comfortable to wear and look very intricate :-D
Flexi is a great decoration, beautiful!

eresh
January 2nd, 2019, 09:03 AM
Did anyone receive their sale items yet?
I am hoping they will arrive here tomorrow.
*excited*

eresh
January 2nd, 2019, 09:05 AM
I just ordered some of the 60 percent off flexis since LR is having a sale. I got three larges: Cliona; Darlene; and Takara. And then I went ahead and got three XXLs: Emerald Joy; Sapphire Joy; and Crystal Joy. After looking at the bun thread, I thought that an XXL would be too big for me. I just always kind of think I have hair that isn't as long as a lot of you guys. I take pics of my buns frequently and they're big and fluffy but they don't seem as big as some people who wear XXL (to me). Well, I got my first flexi yesterday (XXL Solana), and the flexi fits but it's kind of...a little small?

I also got one of the sticks. They're short and thin. It's a no for me. Pretty, but no. :)

Really? The mega too small?
Please do post a picture :-)

Milady_DeWinter
January 2nd, 2019, 09:08 AM
Looks great!!!

Thank you! It was funny to do :)

Interlaced braids are so comfortable to wear and look very intricate :-D
Flexi is a great decoration, beautiful!

Thank you eresh! You are right, I should do them more often.

I received mine, yep!!! I will post pics the following days: curiously, the very first item I picked was the extra XXS Olympia, as I wanted to go in a dutch braid today. Love this flexi so much, too bad that they didn't it in mega :(

https://i.imgur.com/8SumId0.jpg

MusicalSpoons
January 2nd, 2019, 09:20 AM
Mine have, but brain and body won't co-operate for trying them today. I'm so confused though - I got the Poinsettia in silver but the centrepiece on the front looks like it's black nickel :confused: not at all what I remember seeing when I ordered, and I can't access it on the site to check since it's gone Dec 31st. I really don't like it and I'm so disappointed because that was the one I most wanted :-(

Milday wow!! I loved the interlaced braids with peacock too :heartbeat

eadwine
January 2nd, 2019, 10:21 AM
Can you post a pic? What a bummer :(

melesine
January 2nd, 2019, 03:08 PM
My January FOTM Phoebe arrived and it’s just beautiful. I also ordered the u-pins is the same design.

eresh
January 2nd, 2019, 03:15 PM
Aren't you afraid you will loose that flexi in the end of your braid?
In my hair it would slip out immediately haha.

Hele
January 2nd, 2019, 03:15 PM
mine arrived today too! :) I haven't cared much for any of the latest flexis so i've been safe for awhile...until they went and made this! It feels a little heavier than some of my other flexis but it's comfortably holding my hair up right this very moment! :D

https://i.imgur.com/502VF7y.jpg

sorry about your Poinsettia, MusicalSpoons! Have you contacted them about it? Some of my older silver ones have darkened a bit over the years (or is that just me? I can be rough on things!) but it seems strange a new one would come that way!

eresh
January 2nd, 2019, 03:16 PM
Mine have, but brain and body won't co-operate for trying them today. I'm so confused though - I got the Poinsettia in silver but the centrepiece on the front looks like it's black nickel :confused: not at all what I remember seeing when I ordered, and I can't access it on the site to check since it's gone Dec 31st. I really don't like it and I'm so disappointed because that was the one I most wanted :-(

Milday wow!! I loved the interlaced braids with peacock too :heartbeat

Oh that's a shame...
Maybe you can exchange it?
Or don't they take exchanges from sales?

eresh
January 2nd, 2019, 03:17 PM
Beeeaaaaautiful Hele!.
I am hoping mine will arrive tomorrow

eadwine
January 2nd, 2019, 03:19 PM
Ohh nice!!! I LOVE that one!!

Can't wait for mine to get here.. also tomorrow ;)

Milady_DeWinter
January 2nd, 2019, 04:20 PM
Aren't you afraid you will loose that flexi in the end of your braid?
In my hair it would slip out immediately haha.

Nah, xxs is quite tight there. It stayed for 7 hours or so, underground included! 8)

Love that one Hele! I picked it in S for half ups, was too beautiful to pass :)

MusicalSpoons
January 2nd, 2019, 06:03 PM
I think I'll look at it again tomorrow in better light. On second look this evening it's not quite as dark as I thought, but I'm still distinctly unimpressed - usually they look better in reality than on the website; it would be so ironic if this were the exception! (I specifically did not want the gold because I prefer silver in my hair and also I don't want it to be outright festive.)

Ohhh the Phoebe is beautiful :crush: I was very tempted but I never wear half-ups so couldn't justify the expense.

Milady_DeWinter
January 3rd, 2019, 01:32 AM
I think I'll look at it again tomorrow in better light. On second look this evening it's not quite as dark as I thought, but I'm still distinctly unimpressed - usually they look better in reality than on the website; it would be so ironic if this were the exception! (I specifically did not want the gold because I prefer silver in my hair and also I don't want it to be outright festive.)

Ohhh the Phoebe is beautiful :crush: I was very tempted but I never wear half-ups so couldn't justify the expense.

HERE (https://shops.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartV4/ProductDetailv4.aspx?ProductID=23727&CatalogueID=211&MG=38&G1=126&G2=127&ReferringDealerID=879744) you can check the poinsettia. It's quite odd, mine is super bright and has nothing to do with black nickel! I also consider this one being cooler than in the website... Check it again in natural light, and may be post a pic for us to see if that one is different?

Henrietta
January 3rd, 2019, 02:55 AM
Oh, Hele! Your live picture convinced me. I didn't care much about this FOTM when I first saw it but for the last few days I've been thinking about it. I love the jewel colours... and I think I want the clip now :D Still, I planned to wait till Black Friday (which I have never done with FOTMs) but now I feel like I need to have the clip and be able to see it it person NOW. It looks so, so much better in your photo than in the official ones!

eresh
January 3rd, 2019, 02:54 PM
I just unpacked my flexis!
They were in the mail today but I didn't have time untill now (almost 11pm)
So the picture is with lamplight.

Tomorrow or saturday I will make some daylight pictures.
They are all XL's. Carmine, Phoebe and Sapphire joy.

https://i.imgur.com/XAWIcNpl.jpg

MusicalSpoons
January 3rd, 2019, 03:00 PM
HERE (https://shops.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartV4/ProductDetailv4.aspx?ProductID=23727&CatalogueID=211&MG=38&G1=126&G2=127&ReferringDealerID=879744) you can check the poinsettia. It's quite odd, mine is super bright and has nothing to do with black nickel! I also consider this one being cooler than in the website... Check it again in natural light, and may be post a pic for us to see if that one is different?

Thanks for that link! I'm definitely not convinced this is right, so a pic in daylight is here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=13750&attachmentid=34952 (it's absolutely huge so only linking to it - I almost gave up trying to upload it somewhere that would work, and I couldn't see an option to resize it on here, sorry.)

Milady_DeWinter
January 3rd, 2019, 10:48 PM
Thanks for that link! I'm definitely not convinced this is right, so a pic in daylight is here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=13750&attachmentid=34952 (it's absolutely huge so only linking to it - I almost gave up trying to upload it somewhere that would work, and I couldn't see an option to resize it on here, sorry.)

I really can't tell if that one looks like mine... Will take a closer pic of mine in natural light later, so you can compare. Don't look too different, may be mine is just like that and I just didn't care? :lol:

I will also post pics of my latest purchases, just the xmas tree in XS and the XXL bat remaining (I picked them later, just before the sale closed).

By now, here is a pic of one of them: mega crimson joy. So happy to have picked this one, goes with almost all my wardrobe. I just left the sapphire one behind, as it was my least fav of the 3 (for my hair at least)

https://i.imgur.com/lbi8BCY.jpg

eadwine
January 4th, 2019, 04:33 AM
Here are mine, indeed a blackish silver.. I never really noticed it, so I don't mind:

https://i.imgur.com/4Ws35Lu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xNqM788.jpg

eresh
January 4th, 2019, 04:49 AM
Sapphire joy:
https://i.imgur.com/ghclv17l.jpg

Carmine:
https://i.imgur.com/mTNyCp3l.jpg

And Phoebe downstairs daylight (more direct) and upstairs daylight:
https://i.imgur.com/GUQMSRQl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/ztc4hZRl.jpg

All are XL's.

eadwine
January 4th, 2019, 04:56 AM
Wow.. now I see what you meant when you told me centerpiece be big!

But gorgeous!

Milady_DeWinter
January 4th, 2019, 07:56 AM
Love all 3, eresh! Gosh, everything looks so fine in your hair that you make me want to buy everything :lol: Lilla Rose should pay you a quote or something. Dunno if I'll wait until the next BF to pick it in a big size... :ponder:

Here's my stash, just the XXL Bat and the XS chrismas tree out (still not delivered). I already slightly modified the Angel, covering with copper paint for metal the gold parts. Now it's much more into my style!

https://i.imgur.com/GUKCqde.jpg

Detail of my S Phoebe:

https://i.imgur.com/QjgA6NA.jpg

Those 2 came via my stylist! She was so nice that she looked for Cameo in XXL and XS when I commented her that I was looking for them, and voilà. Those are super super beautiful!

https://i.imgur.com/R3hZ2xQ.jpg

And, finally, detail of my Poinsettia close to my Skye, that has a quite clear silver centerpiece - for Musicalspoons. In fact the Poinsettia IS a bit darker, but just a little bit, so I didn't noticed...

https://i.imgur.com/VWCcI32.jpg

shaluwm_agape
January 4th, 2019, 08:17 AM
I must have the java now in XL or xxl! It looks beautiful

eresh
January 4th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Awww thanks!

Beautiful choices Milady!
The cloud is still my favourite :)

MusicalSpoons
January 4th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Thanks for your photos, eadwine and Milady. Mine doesn't look so different I guess, just disappointed it's not as bright as on the website! Maybe I'll have to wear it and see how it looks. (I'll have to try it to make sure it's not too heavy anyway.)

eresh and Milady, great choices! My goodness the Phoebe in XL is very striking!! :inlove:

Milady_DeWinter
January 5th, 2019, 12:31 AM
Thank you, ladies :) Hopefully the Poinsettia will work for you, MusicalSpoons!

Another action shot: mega Dakota

https://i.imgur.com/4FK80D9_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Henrietta
January 5th, 2019, 02:08 AM
Oh guys, Phoebe is so beautiful in your shots! Now I definitely want it but I'm also shocked with how giant the centerpiece in XL is. I'm sure it's the biggest I've seen so far!
I'm really trying to be sensible and wait till Black Friday, though :D

Laura1986
January 5th, 2019, 02:37 AM
You all look elegant, as always^^

Milady, your Skye looks also really really good. The big 8 balances out that centerpiece like a boss!

eadwine
January 5th, 2019, 04:47 AM
Henrietta: try the angel wings ;) Those are the biggest IMHO. Heavy too.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/77/6c/cc/776ccc50588fa36fdfa9ccf98c22ef3a.jpg

Wendyp
January 5th, 2019, 05:59 AM
Love all 3, eresh! Gosh, everything looks so fine in your hair that you make me want to buy everything :lol: Lilla Rose should pay you a quote or something. Dunno if I'll wait until the next BF to pick it in a big size... :ponder:

Here's my stash, just the XXL Bat and the XS chrismas tree out (still not delivered). I already slightly modified the Angel, covering with copper paint for metal the gold parts. Now it's much more into my style!

https://i.imgur.com/GUKCqde.jpg

Detail of my S Phoebe:

https://i.imgur.com/QjgA6NA.jpg

Those 2 came via my stylist! She was so nice that she looked for Cameo in XXL and XS when I commented her that I was looking for them, and voilà. Those are super super beautiful!

https://i.imgur.com/R3hZ2xQ.jpg

And, finally, detail of my Poinsettia close to my Skye, that has a quite clear silver centerpiece - for Musicalspoons. In fact the Poinsettia IS a bit darker, but just a little bit, so I didn't noticed...

https://i.imgur.com/VWCcI32.jpg

I just bought a bunch more too lol I love that cameo!! I don’t remember seeing it listed!

Milady_DeWinter
January 5th, 2019, 06:26 AM
You all look elegant, as always^^

Milady, your Skye looks also really really good. The big 8 balances out that centerpiece like a boss!

Thank you! I do thibk the same, that one is really bold but looks great in the size :)

I just bought a bunch more too lol I love that cameo!! I don’t remember seeing it listed!

It's a 2014 flexi I think, long before I knew about flexis :)

lapushka
January 5th, 2019, 09:44 AM
eresh, those are so pretty in your hair.

Milady, very nice, good choice as well.

GrowlingCupcake
January 5th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Lots of pretties! I'm going to have to see if I can get Skye. I also want to get the Phoebe U-pins.

I ordered some just before the sale ended, and got them a couple of days ago. I got a few megas, and, while they're huge, they aren't horribly so; I was worried about that. I also finally got Yolanda (purple leather), and am quite happy with it.

Milady_DeWinter
January 6th, 2019, 04:57 AM
Some more action shots!

Angel wings in L

https://i.imgur.com/NwoW1YH.jpg

Cameo in mega

https://i.imgur.com/VxdKttK.jpg

Phoebe in S

https://i.imgur.com/x1HkYzo.jpg

Henrietta
January 6th, 2019, 05:23 AM
Milady, your bun is so impressive!

KameRose
January 6th, 2019, 07:39 AM
I finally got caught back up on this thread. So many beautiful hair selfies. Now I absolutely have to get that snowflake flexi.

My second Crimson Joy stick finally arrived after the mishap I had with my Black Friday order.(Where they sent me three emerald and only one crimson) The first replacement stick they sent was another Emerald Joy stick. So I actually have two pairs of Emerald Joy sticks now. :bigtongue:

Also, my boxing day sale package arrived yesterday. :D It contained two new medium flexis, which I am including two bad hair selfies of. I swear I took several pictures and those are the most in focus! Also, six pairs of U-pins, including the three Joy's and a silver poinsettia. I also snagged the poinsettia hair sticks, bobby pins, and the brooch which came free with purchase. I was so happy that the brooch was free with purchase b/c that meant I was able to get the second Flexi! Oh, and speaking of free stuff, I picked the skull flexi as the free mini one. No clue at all what I'm going to do with a mini. Maybe I'll use it to experiment on how to dismantle a flexi. :P

So picture time! First a group shot of everything in the package.

https://i.imgur.com/YOSxECDh.jpg

And now those bad hair selfies.

https://i.imgur.com/RldVoYLl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/RTiUNyzl.jpg

And finally here is a group shot of my Flexi collection. I finally got the second frame up.(the top one) I misplaced the middle row of hooks on the second frame, so had to figure out how to remove them without damaging the glass, clean it all up, and put on new hooks. I was able to put three more hooks on my new frame since I actually used a measuring tape for this one instead of eyeballing it. They are haphazardly grouped and space out to keep the frame relatively level. I will get a better hanging bracket eventually.... I wasn't even sure i would like the look of it initially, but I love it.

https://i.imgur.com/1oOe0iYh.jpg

sasskhaya
January 6th, 2019, 11:15 PM
Dear Henrietta, I'll stick to English to not stand out in here. I'm very sorry for posting offtopic, but I tried to find and reach you, since I realized you closed your blog, which was such an inspiration, motivation and entertainment to me! Then I remembered you posted a lot about Long Hair Community! I'm a newbie on LHC, so I don't even know where I can find direct message, but could you please tell me is there any other place on the internet you are still active with your haircare posts? :)
I'm sorry for posting offtopic again. I don't want to mess with the thread.

Best regards,
Paulina

eresh
January 7th, 2019, 05:10 AM
Beautiful collection KameRose!

shaluwm_agape
January 7th, 2019, 11:46 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34986&d=1546886623

My collection is nowhere near as extravagant as some of you ladies but i love it!

eresh
January 9th, 2019, 07:44 AM
That teacup (or coffeecup) looks so cute!

MusicalSpoons
January 9th, 2019, 08:06 AM
I really like those sticks shaluwm_agape! Where are they from?

shaluwm_agape
January 9th, 2019, 03:02 PM
I know! in the xs it looks so adorable. Its by far my favorite
I drink a lot of tea so I needed to have it though it is called java lol.

I really like those sticks shaluwm_agape! Where are they from?
Out Numbered Novelties on etsy they are customs the red purple is Deepest Passion and the amber is brown is called Natural Glow
Now I also need the Sangria to pair with the red stick as well.

KameRose
January 9th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Beautiful collection KameRose!

Thank-you! :blossom:

My collection is nowhere near as extravagant as some of you ladies but i love it!

As long as you are happy with it that is all that matters. They are lovely and I love that are neutral all year round ones!

Wait.

I can pretend it is a teacup?!

Oh my gawd. I *need* it now.

Tea is like ALL I drink. Of course I mainly drink iced tea...

MusicalSpoons
January 9th, 2019, 04:36 PM

Out Numbered Novelties on etsy they are customs the red purple is Deepest Passion and the amber is brown is called Natural Glow
Now I also need the Sangria to pair with the red stick as well.

Oh cool, I thought they looked far too exciting to be LR sticks :grin:

Haha, I did the exact same thing with the Java flexi :hifive: :D I used to have a collection of all different teas to suit every different mood a few years ago, but then came to my senses and simplified a bit. I recently have a couple of new caddies of different tea now though, and remembering *why* I used to have so many different blends ... Yummmmmm ... :drooling emoji: :cloud9:)

lapushka
January 9th, 2019, 05:12 PM
I really should wear mine more. Maybe I'll wear one this Saturday. I'll go rummage through my collection in the next couple of days. I bought quite a bit when they first started up (Flexi8 site), but when they became Lilla rose I stopped purchasing. I just had enough clips by that time, and there's only so many you can wear. I got the one with the Celtic knot in every size so I think that can just about go with anything. I think I told you guys this before. I haven't seen one I really desperately wanted since... :(

KameRose
January 9th, 2019, 05:30 PM
I used to have a collection of all different teas to suit every different mood a few years ago, but then came to my senses and simplified a bit. I recently have a couple of new caddies of different tea now though, and remembering *why* I used to have so many different blends ... Yummmmmm ... :drooling emoji: :cloud9:)

:shocked: You downsized your tea collection?! I have a cabinet that is pretty much dedicated to just tea. 95% of it is all Republic of Tea(ROT) tea. And I definitely drink to suit my mood-ish. ROT is definitely worth trying out if you are looking to get back to having a variety of tea. They have soooo many different flavors and types of tea, plus seasonal and limited edition teas. I've bee enjoying my wintery/harvest ones recently and I'm looking forward to enjoying some spring/floral ones.

MusicalSpoons
January 9th, 2019, 05:44 PM
:shocked: You downsized your tea collection?! I have a cabinet that is pretty much dedicated to just tea. 95% of it is all Republic of Tea(ROT) tea. And I definitely drink to suit my mood-ish. ROT is definitely worth trying out if you are looking to get back to having a variety of tea. They have soooo many different flavors and types of tea, plus seasonal and limited edition teas. I've bee enjoying my wintery/harvest ones recently and I'm looking forward to enjoying some spring/floral ones.

:laugh: yes, several factors at the time, plus I still live at home - there were 5 of us then, and not much storage space. Then when my sister moved out I was becoming ill and most days would just about have energy left over to dump a teabag in the cup and make a tea (though literally hundreds of times I've forgotten what I was doing, wandered off to sit down and remembered ages later, coming back to cold tannin stew ... :doh: that was another thing that made me glad I was only using cheap, bog-standard tea!) Now I'm off work sick and finding tiny bits of spare energy again I'm awake enough to savour my tea and actually enjoy it :D but I can't end up with an out of control selection again :lol: [/end derail]

lapushka that would be awesome - is there any chance we might possibly (please) see an action shot? I understand if it would be difficult though :flower:

It's true there's only so many one can wear though, especially when there are practical reasons for sticking to the same few buns all the time. My collection is larger than I would have anticipated but the majority of them are worn in my go-to bun, just with a different colour to suit my outfit if I'm going out :)

shaluwm_agape
January 9th, 2019, 05:54 PM
If you do get it definitely take an action shot!
I love a good cup of tea sooooo much lol

AmaryllisRed
January 9th, 2019, 07:24 PM
I didn't know it used to be Flexi 8 before it was Lilla Rose! Interesting.

Henrietta
January 10th, 2019, 05:37 AM
Dear Henrietta, I'll stick to English to not stand out in here. I'm very sorry for posting offtopic, but I tried to find and reach you, since I realized you closed your blog, which was such an inspiration, motivation and entertainment to me! Then I remembered you posted a lot about Long Hair Community! I'm a newbie on LHC, so I don't even know where I can find direct message, but could you please tell me is there any other place on the internet you are still active with your haircare posts? :)
I'm sorry for posting offtopic again. I don't want to mess with the thread.

Best regards,
Paulina

Hi! :)

I can't post a direct message to you either (it seems you need to write more posts for some options to become available. We'll have to hijack the tread for a moment ;) ). I suspended my blog since I decided to organise it a bit and clean some things up. Right now I'm only active here (a bit) and that's it, nowhere else. But I'm very grateful for your kind words! It means a lot! I'm sure we'll be able to write direct messages once you write 25+ posts :)

eresh
January 10th, 2019, 06:52 AM
One can never have too many flexi clips!
A different one for each day :-)

eadwine
January 10th, 2019, 07:23 AM
I am slowly going that way yes.. If I wear a different one each day I may JUST make 3 times a year for each of them... tsk.

AmaryllisRed
January 10th, 2019, 08:40 AM
I only have one (in two different sizes) but I get complimented on it more than my sticks. Do you all find that's true?

Henrietta
January 10th, 2019, 10:07 AM

That's why I was super happy when I reached 30 clips :D

GrowlingCupcake
January 10th, 2019, 11:40 AM
What are your favourite buns for flexis? I'm looking for some new styles.

YouTube links appreciated!

eresh
January 10th, 2019, 12:43 PM
I usually do a braided bun with a flexi, sometimes a Knotbun (see video)

https://youtu.be/7FWJSE-hujo

MusicalSpoons
January 10th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Double-wrapped LWB (my bun for everything ;))

Milady_DeWinter
January 10th, 2019, 01:25 PM
LWB, braided or not. Sometimes the disc bun works fine too!

KameRose
January 10th, 2019, 02:29 PM
I simply do a nautilus bun, nothing fancy. I should get around to learning different styles. Last time I tried a LWB it just unwrapped itself right away. I'll just hide over hear and watch. :couch:

eresh
January 10th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Here is a video from Lilla Rose with hairstyle how-to's with a flexi:

https://youtu.be/gLkj_tFjEE8

AmaryllisRed
January 10th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Usually a braided nautilus.

eadwine
January 11th, 2019, 12:57 AM
Braided nautilus, but mirrored to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS-BQ5OMV2Y and without the difficult hand movements, not necessary ;)

And I don't let the coil get bigger than the center. Letting the coil lay right on the edges of the center is more secure I've found.

Henrietta
January 11th, 2019, 02:12 AM
I always wear an LWB.

Milady_DeWinter
January 13th, 2019, 01:48 PM
XS skull today :) I really like it.

https://i.imgur.com/LetFJAT.jpg

Henrietta
January 15th, 2019, 01:53 AM
There are new Stylish Exclusive releases today and a sneak peek at February FOTM here (https://z-p3-scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49864217_2028569573925753_3411611657015656448_n.pn g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=z-p3-scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=23ae5a7417d55d448b480c0e3741f9e4&oe=5CC7FD17).

shaluwm_agape
January 15th, 2019, 02:41 AM
Ahhh the lock & key! I wanted something like this!

eadwine
January 15th, 2019, 03:23 AM
The lock and key is also going to be there in silver ;)

Stray_mind
January 15th, 2019, 06:34 AM
Hmmm none of them really catch my attention too much. Good, my wallet won't be hurting. :lol:

eresh
January 15th, 2019, 07:18 AM
There is also a moon that will be released soon, I want it!

Milady_DeWinter
January 15th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Yep, I want the moon too! Not fond of any of the rest (if only the unicorn were a flexi!)

eresh
January 15th, 2019, 07:45 AM
I bet there will be a matching flexi for those unicorn pins in the future too

Theobroma
January 15th, 2019, 08:04 AM
I bet there will be a matching flexi for those unicorn pins in the future too

Pity they're silver. The unicorn and Melody catch my eye, but I'd want them in anything-but-silver. Antique brass, ideally. We can dream...

lunasea
January 15th, 2019, 11:30 AM
A moon sounds enticing. None of the rest do anything for me.

Wendyp
January 15th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Love the lock n key!

C_Bookworm
January 15th, 2019, 07:38 PM
There are new Stylish Exclusive releases today and a sneak peek at February FOTM here (https://z-p3-scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49864217_2028569573925753_3411611657015656448_n.pn g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=z-p3-scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=23ae5a7417d55d448b480c0e3741f9e4&oe=5CC7FD17).
Ohhhh I like the Keliyah and the Vivian intrigues me...can’t tell if maybe it’s flowers growing? I’ll be glad to see bigger pictures on the website.

There is also a moon that will be released soon, I want it!
Eek yay! I’m a sucker for celestial themed hair toys.

shaluwm_agape
January 15th, 2019, 11:33 PM
Ahhh the lock & key! I wanted something like this!

Oh yay even better!

Milady_DeWinter
January 16th, 2019, 12:55 AM
Here is the moon we are talking about, for the ones that haven't seen it. I really like it, I hope they'll show how all the sizes are because I'm not sure about picking an S or a XXL...

https://i.imgur.com/i8ftyQ6_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Wendyp
January 16th, 2019, 05:39 AM
I went crazy and bought a bunch! Love the new releases! I found a stylist too! Got both lock n key, moon, dragon pins, and cowboy hat! Oh yeah and the rocker hand!

Milady_DeWinter
January 16th, 2019, 06:58 AM
I went crazy and bought a bunch! Love the new releases! I found a stylist too! Got both lock n key, moon, dragon pins, and cowboy hat! Oh yeah and the rocker hand!

Sounds great! I hope you'll take pics of all of them, I think I never saw the cowboy hat before :)

lunasea
January 16th, 2019, 07:55 AM
That moon is great! I might get two sizes. Where did you get it? I just went on the site and didn’t see any new clips.

Milady_DeWinter
January 16th, 2019, 08:02 AM
That moon is great! I might get two sizes. Where did you get it? I just went on the site and didn’t see any new clips.

It was posted by some stylish in facebook :) I think I will pick it in 1 size, and may be in the other by next BF. It's really lovely.

lunasea
January 16th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Ah! My stylist’s page says it will be available on the 21st.

AmaryllisRed
January 16th, 2019, 09:30 AM
I like the moon! But I'd like to see how it looks on the different sizes, too.
It's interesting how the centerpieces vary (or not) on the different flexi sizes.

Wendyp
January 16th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Sounds great! I hope you'll take pics of all of them, I think I never saw the cowboy hat before :)

I definitely will! I had not seen it either! It’s a braided 8 with a detached stick. I really want a swerve but they are all sold out!

eresh
January 16th, 2019, 11:36 AM

How can you already have bought these?
They come out on the 21st?

Wendyp
January 16th, 2019, 12:26 PM
How can you already have bought these?
They come out on the 21st?

I preordered from my stylist, thats one of the benefits of having a stylist i have learned.

Wendyp
January 16th, 2019, 12:27 PM

I agree 100! :disco:

Wendyp
January 16th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Not sure if i ever posted this flexi, but current mood :magic:

https://i.imgur.com/WjL8usU.jpg

eresh
January 16th, 2019, 12:46 PM
I preordered from my stylist, thats one of the benefits of having a stylist i have learned.

Ah like that.
I have a stylist too, but I have to order through the site because the shipping is way higher if I order directly from my stylist.
4 dollars on the site and about 14 dollars via my stylist directly.

eadwine
January 16th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Oh yeah and the rocker hand!

What rocker hand??

Oh you mean that hand one? Sorry.. but that means "I love you" in ASL :)

AmaryllisRed
January 16th, 2019, 01:57 PM
I saw where the lock and key u-pins are lock on one, key on the other. I just love that! Have they done any others like that?

Wendyp
January 16th, 2019, 04:06 PM
What rocker hand??

Oh you mean that hand one? Sorry.. but that means "I love you" in ASL :)

Ohhh!! :rollin: I thought it was the rock n roll hand! I still ‘love’ it tho! lol!

eadwine
January 16th, 2019, 04:07 PM
LOL! Good!!

shaluwm_agape
January 19th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Can any of you ladies do me a huge favor & measure a medium plain leather 8 for me I exchanged 2 small leathers for Mediums and I think they sent the same sizes just in Medium packaging

Milady_DeWinter
January 20th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Can any of you ladies do me a huge favor & measure a medium plain leather 8 for me I exchanged 2 small leathers for Mediums and I think they sent the same sizes just in Medium packaging

I don't own leathers in medium, sorry :(

Milady_DeWinter
January 20th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Still taking pics of my last received flexis: it is Scarlet in M. I almost left this one behind and i'm glad that I didn't, it's just beautiful :crush:

https://i.imgur.com/r3ZH9dR.jpg

eresh
January 20th, 2019, 01:32 PM
That's stunning milady!

I don't have any leather flexis either btw

shaluwm_agape
January 20th, 2019, 03:40 PM
I honestly think I made a mistake buying them. Thanks ladies!

KameRose
January 20th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Milady, your picture is divine as always!

I don't own any leathers either.

Now a question, I seem to have a recurring problem with the notches on some of the sticks snagging on my hair. Does anyone else have this problem? And any tricks to stop this?

lunasea
January 20th, 2019, 07:17 PM

Leather flexis xs throught xl. The Med is about 4.25 inches across. And, YES, I do use ALL of those sizes depending on the stick and bun.
https://i.imgur.com/GLASUxe.jpg

shaluwm_agape
January 20th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Leather flexis xs throught xl. The Med is about 4.25 inches across. And, YES, I do use ALL of those sizes depending on the stick and bun.
https://i.imgur.com/GLASUxe.jpg

Thank you I upgraded from a S to a medium & feel it's not much bigger

lunasea
January 20th, 2019, 08:12 PM
Sometimes there's not a lot of difference with these. The loops just get a tad bigger. A lot of the time I have a hard time telling the mediums from the large ones.

shaluwm_agape
January 20th, 2019, 09:33 PM
Thanks so much I really appreciate it.

lunasea
January 21st, 2019, 10:33 AM
Got my moon this morning!

eadwine
January 21st, 2019, 11:52 AM
Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

And by the way.. why is a consultant selling these before the release time?

lunasea
January 21st, 2019, 01:25 PM
They were released today

eadwine
January 21st, 2019, 02:07 PM
Ok.. let me rephrase: how can you have them today already if they were released today.

MusicalSpoons
January 21st, 2019, 02:13 PM
Pre-order perhaps?

eadwine
January 21st, 2019, 02:57 PM
I'd almost say: so that is why a lot of them are sold out so fast then.

MusicalSpoons
January 21st, 2019, 03:10 PM
Probably - I guess that's the advantage of having a consultant. (I'm still stuck on the Q: If they have a returns address in Germany, why can't they have a distribution centre there too for European orders? :hmm: *wishful thinking*)

eresh
January 21st, 2019, 03:17 PM
Well that's just not fair imho.
And yes, I have a consultant too, but items are not sold and sent before the release date.....
Who is your consultant? Maybe I need to change....

eadwine
January 21st, 2019, 03:21 PM
Probably - I guess that's the advantage of having a consultant. (I'm still stuck on the Q: If they have a returns address in Germany, why can't they have a distribution centre there too for European orders? :hmm: *wishful thinking*)

They can collect them easily and return them in bulk fairly cheap. They don't have to pay taxes for them since they are returned to where they are from.

If LR sends a load to Germany THEY have to pay all the taxes for importing them all (which is insane for that amount), and the people in Germany will then also have to keep mandatory stock, so that is twice the storage fees.

eadwine
January 21st, 2019, 03:22 PM
And yes, I have a consultant too, but items are not sold and sent before the release date.....
Exactly!! I, too, have one. She's not selling anything before the release date either.

C_Bookworm
January 21st, 2019, 03:30 PM
Got my moon this morning!

Ohhhh I can’t wait to see what you pair it with! You make such gorgeous combinations :crush:

I scooped up a few lovelies this morning, including the rose gold lock&key and the moon. Shipping has been fast, fast, fast lately, so I’m hoping to have them in not too long :mail:

MusicalSpoons
January 21st, 2019, 03:42 PM
Who is your consultant? Maybe I need to change....

Oh I see. In that case, I agree!

Unless it's a perk for top-level consultants? Still not sure that would be fair, but just wondering if that accounts for the discrepancy :shrug:

They can collect them easily and return them in bulk fairly cheap. They don't have to pay taxes for them since they are returned to where they are from.

If LR sends a load to Germany THEY have to pay all the taxes for importing them all (which is insane for that amount), and the people in Germany will then also have to keep mandatory stock, so that is twice the storage fees.

True, true. I knew there'd be some economical reason, it's just ... frustrating. The clips are juuuuuust out of reach ... ;)
(Maybe one day I'll just have to bite the bullet and do a large order to make the import charges worth it, to get some of the nicer clips.)

Katia_k
January 21st, 2019, 03:45 PM
Wondering if any of you folks can help me out with some info.

My roommate bought a leather flexi in the post-Christmas sale. But it's coming unglued in the middle, under the leather wrap. She's wondering if A, it's worth trying to exchange it, or B, if not, what's the best way to fix it? She thought about super glue, but that dries so stiffly, and doesn't seem likely to have the bend she needs to keep using the flexi.

If anyone has advice, let me know.

eresh
January 21st, 2019, 03:48 PM
I would contact LillaRose about it, I think they will exchange the faulty flexi for a new one.

C_Bookworm
January 21st, 2019, 03:50 PM

My roommate bought a leather flexi in the post-Christmas sale. But it's coming unglued in the middle, under the leather wrap. She's wondering if A, it's worth trying to exchange it, or B, if not, what's the best way to fix it? She thought about super glue, but that dries so stiffly, and doesn't seem likely to have the bend she needs to keep using the flexi.

I’ve glued mine back together with E6000 and it’s holding quite well. (It didn’t come apart on its own. I dismantled the thing because I wanted to see the inner workings. I think I posted pictures on the make-your-own flexi thread :confused:)

lunasea
January 21st, 2019, 05:39 PM
Ok.. let me rephrase: how can you have them today already if they were released today.

sorry, I ordered it :p

MusicalSpoons
January 21st, 2019, 05:58 PM
sorry, I ordered it :p

Ohhhh, that explains it! Ah, the joys of ambiguous English language :doh: when native speakers still misunderstand each other (I thought the same as eadwine, that you'd received it already) :lol:

lunasea
January 21st, 2019, 06:36 PM
Nope sorry, but I GET what you both were saying! :rollin:

lunasea
January 21st, 2019, 06:45 PM

I’ve never had one come unglued but, if you look up bookie’s post, you will see that the leather ones are hooked together by a wire that runs through a core in the leather. The leather is stripped from the wire right before the joining. Sometimes the corner of the leather pops out from under the wraps- making it look like it’s coming apart. I have sent those back. It’s not really a glue issue.

MamaLou
January 22nd, 2019, 12:44 AM
Can someone help me? I'm trying to buy a flexi as a present for a friend on mine, and she really likes celtic stuff. I don't know a thing about celtic stuff and I don't know which flexi looks the most celtic. Her style is very metal like, she's not a girly girl. Right now I'm trying to decide between the celtic heart, celtic, keltic lore, and the brass knot.

eadwine
January 22nd, 2019, 02:12 AM

LOL!!! Thanks for splainin'!

Milady_DeWinter
January 22nd, 2019, 02:32 AM
Can someone help me? I'm trying to buy a flexi as a present for a friend on mine, and she really likes celtic stuff. I don't know a thing about celtic stuff and I don't know which flexi looks the most celtic. Her style is very metal like, she's not a girly girl. Right now I'm trying to decide between the celtic heart, celtic, keltic lore, and the brass knot.

Celtic heart or black trinitee would be the best for a metal girl, IMHO :) Probably black trinitee even better, since the other one is a heart after all. I'm not much into girly styles either, and avoid things such as hearts, but my style and mood are pretty adaptable.

But I wish they'd do an anatomically correct heart flexi :p

MamaLou
January 22nd, 2019, 03:26 AM
Celtic heart or black trinitee would be the best for a metal girl, IMHO :) Probably black trinitee even better, since the other one is a heart after all. I'm not much into girly styles either, and avoid things such as hearts, but my style and mood are pretty adaptable.

But I wish they'd do an anatomically correct heart flexi :p

Thank you!! :D I'm more of a girly girl so it is difficult for me to chose one. The black trinitee one will look very pretty on her I think :)

Milady_DeWinter
January 22nd, 2019, 08:31 AM
You are very welcome :)

I'm still pondering about picking the moon now, or wait until next month. I want to pick another flexi so I qualifies to get the free items, but I'm not interested in the bobby pins they offer in January... May be next month they'll offer something more suitable? at the same time, I hope they won't run out of XXL. Dunno what to do :ponder:

Meanwhile, here's Java in mega. Such an understated flexi, but I really like it for the everyday. I'm not into coffe anymore, but I'm all day drinking tea (seriously, all day)

https://i.imgur.com/bWgfd9o.jpg

eresh
January 22nd, 2019, 02:06 PM

LOL I also thought you meant you already had it in your hands

lunasea
January 22nd, 2019, 07:10 PM
I next time I will have to say that I've got one coming to avoid the confusion. I really threw everyone a loop with that one!

shaluwm_agape
January 22nd, 2019, 09:24 PM
Ugh now I need a mega java! So pretty

C_Bookworm
January 22nd, 2019, 10:39 PM
That looks so pretty on you, Milady! A lovely fit for your hair, and as always your buns are thud-worthy.

GrowlingCupcake
January 22nd, 2019, 11:54 PM
Can someone suggest a few LR stylists for me? I have one I like but I always like to browse others as well.

AmaryllisRed
January 23rd, 2019, 08:42 AM
What's the difference between stylists? Like do they offer different products?
I have only bought from a local lady I sort of know. And I always just buy through the website that has her name on it. Are there other options?

eresh
January 23rd, 2019, 08:46 AM
Some stylists sell stylists exclusive flexis on their facebook.

AmaryllisRed
January 23rd, 2019, 09:48 AM
Some stylists sell stylists exclusive flexis on their facebook.

Ohhh so they don't all have those? I thought they just called them "stylist exclusive"-- I didn't realise those were exclusive to certain stylists haha oh boy my brain sometimes.

Wendyp
January 23rd, 2019, 03:21 PM
My flexis came! messy bun, but i couldn't wait to put this one in my hair!! :inlove: Had to share!

https://i.imgur.com/0hSneaU.jpg

Henrietta
January 24th, 2019, 05:33 AM
Ohhh so they don't all have those? I thought they just called them "stylist exclusive"-- I didn't realise those were exclusive to certain stylists haha oh boy my brain sometimes.

I think your brain works well :D They are "exclusive to stylists" (not "to certain stylists"), but the thing is, if you choose randomly you may end up with a person who's on the list but isn't active at all. (That's what I first did when I was looking for a stylist by typing in common names on the website and the website gave me a list of people to choose from.) Find a stylist who is actively working, who is active on facebook/IG so that it's easy to contact her and who will, if you need it, be able to locate a clip for you even if it's sold out on the website.

I highly recommend Tracy Blough. She's a lovely person and she's very active on facebook, she always posts sneak peeks of FOTMs (which I massively appreciate), she answers questions quickly (even when there is a sale and I need a quick answer and even though there is a significant time zone difference between us). I remember a few other people here mentioned that they also chose her and are happy!

So this is my recommendation. She really deserves it :)

Milady_DeWinter
January 24th, 2019, 07:23 AM
I think your brain works well :D They are "exclusive to stylists" (not "to certain stylists"), but the thing is, if you choose randomly you may end up with a person who's on the list but isn't active at all. (That's what I first did when I was looking for a stylist by typing in common names on the website and the website gave me a list of people to choose from.) Find a stylist who is actively working, who is active on facebook/IG so that it's easy to contact her and who will, if you need it, be able to locate a clip for you even if it's sold out on the website.

I highly recommend Tracy Blough. She's a lovely person and she's very active on facebook, she always posts sneak peeks of FOTMs (which I massively appreciate), she answers questions quickly (even when there is a sale and I need a quick answer and even though there is a significant time zone difference between us). I remember a few other people here mentioned that they also chose her and are happy!

So this is my recommendation. She really deserves it :)

I'm with Tracy too, she's the best. She located Cameo in XXL and XS for me, and is such a sweet gal, very communicative too. Just what Henrietta said :)

AmaryllisRed
January 24th, 2019, 08:54 AM
So you can buy without a stylist? I didn't even know that!

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2019, 08:59 AM
So you can buy without a stylist? I didn't even know that!

Yup, straight from the website. I think this issue cropped up before and I decided to join to say ;) I think technically the website now classes me as 'shopping with Lilla Rose' but I certainly don't have a stylist right now, or have ever.

Sounds like it might be an idea to have one, though :hmm:

AmaryllisRed
January 24th, 2019, 10:04 AM
So can you like... meet up with your stylist and she'll have clips that she'll sell you then and there? Or does it always have to be through the website?
Initially I thought having a local stylist would be beneficial because whatever I ordered would come from her and not from wherever Lilla Rose keeps stuff. But now I see that's not the case.

lunasea
January 24th, 2019, 12:24 PM
The moon with an acrylic from HairsticksNmore that I plan to wear it with. Is it wrong that the first thing I do when my package arrives is cut the sticks off of all of the flexis? Although this works perfectly with this clip because it has little silver stars in the clear acrylic, I have to admit, this shop is not one of my favorites. There have always been scratches in the finish of the sticks that I have purchased from him.
On the upside, at least I don't have to worry about scratching the stick with the flexi. :rollin:https://i.imgur.com/a5OWR9C.jpg?1

eresh
January 24th, 2019, 02:30 PM
I always cringe when I see flexis butchered LOL
But to each their own :-)

C_Bookworm
January 24th, 2019, 02:33 PM
So can you like... meet up with your stylist and she'll have clips that she'll sell you then and there? Or does it always have to be through the website?
Initially I thought having a local stylist would be beneficial because whatever I ordered would come from her and not from wherever Lilla Rose keeps stuff. But now I see that's not the case.
I have only met one stylist in real life (at a Renaissance fair, over a decade ago! Back when they were Flexi-8 ). So I just know stylists through Facebook. My understanding is that every stylist does not stock every flexi in every size, especially with the exclusives. So if you have some local stylist that would meet up with you, it might be worth asking ahead of time to make sure they have what you want.

I think I’m on the mailing list of about a dozen stylists (I keep buying exclusives through Facebook, and if they ask to put me on their mailing lists, I say yes). None of them have ever made me purchase through the website. They invoice me directly through PayPal.

The moon with an acrylic from HairsticksNmore that I plan to wear it with. Is it wrong that the first thing I do when my package arrives is cut the sticks off of all of the flexis? Although this works perfectly with this clip because it has little silver stars in the clear acrylic, I have to admit, this shop is not one of my favorites. There have always been scratches in the finish of the sticks that I have purchased from him.
On the upside, at least I don't have to worry about scratching the stick with the flexi. :rollin:https://i.imgur.com/a5OWR9C.jpg?1
Ahhhhh that’s such a good combination! :crush: And yay for fast shipping!

lunasea
January 24th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Thank you Bookie!

I'm the demon butcher of flexis! :twisted::twisted:

GrowlingCupcake
January 24th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Has anyone ever tried a leather flexi + a fork for sleep? My bridge fork fell out of my hair last night, and I am wondering if a flexi will keep it more secure.

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Has anyone ever tried a leather flexi + a fork for sleep? My bridge fork fell out of my hair last night, and I am wondering if a flexi will keep it more secure.

I have! Well, almost - a leather 8 and Ketylo, in a vertical double-wrapped LWB. I used to wish I could sleep in flexis but worried about hair getting caught in the beads, and now with a leather 8 I can :D

So yeah, definitely try it!

GrowlingCupcake
January 24th, 2019, 03:16 PM
I have! Well, almost - a leather 8 and Ketylo, in a vertical double-wrapped LWB. I used to wish I could sleep in flexis but worried about hair getting caught in the beads, and now with a leather 8 I can :D

So yeah, definitely try it!

Thanks!

I usually do sleep braids but I have to tie them off or they unravel, and I get horrible tangles. I've been worried about the friction from the hair ties, so I switched back to my trust bridge fork but it fell out (I am a very active sleeper).

I'm going to have to figure out what size would work. I probably need the largest (xl, I believe) for my sleep bridge fork.

Is your ketylo curved? I'm trying to think of options other than my bridge fork in case it won't fit.

lunasea
January 24th, 2019, 03:28 PM
I use spin pins myself....not with a flexi

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2019, 03:28 PM
The ketylo has a corkscrew type bend in the middle, awesome for hold (and if you're not sure what I mean or haven't seen Ketylos, a quick Google search will show you). The bun itself is usually pretty secure anyway though, and I think any stick or fork about the width of my bun will do, with the 8 keeping the wraps of my bun from eating the end of whatever I'm using to hold it. I actually did originally plan to use my plain Quattro fork in it when I tried it at night but it was too small for that - I got the large.

C_Bookworm
January 24th, 2019, 03:35 PM
I'm the demon butcher of flexis! :twisted::twisted:
:hatchet: Hahaha, I’m with ya!

I wear my long ONN forks with XL leather flexis. I know it’s secure because they also hold during workouts.

lapushka
January 24th, 2019, 03:41 PM

Yep, it's not my thing either. :) :o

GrowlingCupcake
January 24th, 2019, 04:01 PM
I use spin pins myself....not with a flexi

I find spin pins pokey when I lie down, unfortunately.

The ketylo has a corkscrew type bend in the middle, awesome for hold (and if you're not sure what I mean or haven't seen Ketylos, a quick Google search will show you). The bun itself is usually pretty secure anyway though, and I think any stick or fork about the width of my bun will do, with the 8 keeping the wraps of my bun from eating the end of whatever I'm using to hold it. I actually did originally plan to use my plain Quattro fork in it when I tried it at night but it was too small for that - I got the large.

I'm mostly worried I'll snap the ketylo while I'm asleep. They do not conform to my head, I move a lot, and they stick out of my buns. So I'm guessing not the best option for me?

I wear my long ONN forks with XL leather flexis. I know it’s secure because they also hold during workouts.

For sleep? Is the head curve pretty deep?

C_Bookworm
January 24th, 2019, 05:16 PM
For sleep? Is the head curve pretty deep?
The default (https://www.etsy.com/listing/665164641/ocean-tempest-acrylic-hair-fork-hair?show_sold_out_detail=1) head curve isn’t deep. You can get them with a deeper (https://www.etsy.com/listing/642079842/reserved-acrylic-hair-forks-hair-jewelry?show_sold_out_detail=1) headcurve. And yes, I sleep in them (I use the default curve).

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2019, 05:22 PM
I'm mostly worried I'll snap the ketylo while I'm asleep. They do not conform to my head, I move a lot, and they stick out of my buns. So I'm guessing not the best option for me?

Hmm, I think the space between stick and head is taken up and cushioned by the bulk of my bun which is why I don't worry about it. Tbh I usually use a small 4-prong Jeter, not much longer/wider than my bun and really sturdy, plus between the cushioning of my hair and pillow I don't worry about damaging it. I'm not an active sleeper, but a lot of my time in bed is spent dozing which is when I'm active :lol: the fork I usually use is actually longer than my dwLWB and does wiggle out a bit, but there's enough room for it still to hold even if it's out by up to an inch; the teeth just hold on to the inner bits of the bottom of the loop to keep it together. A normal LWB is wider with that same fork and less secure so I did find it fallen out fairly often when I eventually sat up each day.

What buns are you thinking of for sleep? I find the more compact buns are more secure (hence double wrapping even with a wider fork), even some kind of knot bun works - but is uncomfortable if I lay on my back. Ooh, Gibraltar was really secure too, when I went through a phase of not minding having to twist my hair every night to put it up.

AmaryllisRed
January 24th, 2019, 08:21 PM
I have only met one stylist in real life (at a Renaissance fair, over a decade ago! Back when they were Flexi-8 ). So I just know stylists through Facebook. My understanding is that every stylist does not stock every flexi in every size, especially with the exclusives. So if you have some local stylist that would meet up with you, it might be worth asking ahead of time to make sure they have what you want.

I think I’m on the mailing list of about a dozen stylists (I keep buying exclusives through Facebook, and if they ask to put me on their mailing lists, I say yes). None of them have ever made me purchase through the website. They invoice me directly through PayPal.

Ahhhhh that’s such a good combination! :crush: And yay for fast shipping!

Thank you for answering my questions!

Wendyp
January 25th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Im just over the moom about my new flexi :rollin:

https://i.imgur.com/RlhOx5y.jpg

lunasea
January 25th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Gorgeous!!!!

Wendyp
January 25th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Thank you Lunasea! And my very first u pins came today! I need more Upins! :love:

https://i.imgur.com/7o4jAK2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PyFZNvL.jpg

C_Bookworm
January 25th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Ohhhh I love your choices, WendyP! So whimsical and the silver really pops against your gorgeous mane!

Thank you for answering my questions!
Anytime :flower:

eresh
January 26th, 2019, 07:01 AM
Looks great Wendyp!

I'm waiting for the moon to arrive here.

AmaryllisRed
January 26th, 2019, 09:16 AM
I wish the moon didn't have a face. Feels too cartoony.

Ophidian
January 26th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Coupla flexi questions for y'all.

1) When I had long hair before one of the most flattering styles (I thought) was two low buns. I didn't have any fancy hair toys or styles at that point so I just wound them into cinnamon buns with a hair tie twisted around the base and then over the top. I've been wanting to find a way to do that style again, but in a more hair-friendly and polished looking way. So I was thinking about flexis... does anyone have any examples of that style held with flexis? Doesn't have to be cinnabuns.

2) Are beaded flexis more flexible in the 8 part than other materials? Obviously the heavy leather ones, but I had a celtic heart which is just black cord of some type and it always felt really stiff to me.

Thanks!

AmaryllisRed
January 26th, 2019, 08:11 PM
Ooh!
Okay so I use a large currently for a center-held bun with all my hair.
I wonder what size flexi I would need for double buns with half my hair in each.
I love double buns but I usually just do cinnabuns and pin the daylights out of 'em. Flexis and center-held buns would be awesome.
I have one smaller size (not sure if it's S or XS) that is a bit too small for half-ups. I'm going to see if it would be a good size for one of a set of double buns and I'll report back.
I think that's a great idea, Ophidian!

Ophidian
January 26th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Let me know what you discover Amaryllis! I was thinking about ordering a pair in Medium to experiment :)

AmaryllisRed
January 26th, 2019, 10:25 PM
My XS is too small for a nautilus with half my hair. :(
A small would probably work. So I would go down 2-3 sizes maybe from whatever size you normally wear for a center held bun.

I think I'll have to get a pair of small flexis next time I order.

Ophidian
January 26th, 2019, 11:07 PM
I had a large but it was too tight in my centerheld buns so I sold it on the swap board. And that was the only flexi I've ever owned... so I was thinking of getting an XL to wear in disc buns and a pair of mediums to try in double buns.

Now to decide which ones.... I love the braided leather ones but with the apparent sizing variations maybe I should try one with the attached stick first.

ETA: Here's my short list :)

Dakota, 2 small for double centerheld buns (since I read that the leather ones are around a full size larger)
Nina, 1 extra large for cinnamon buns
Kaleidoscope, 1 extra-large or 2 medium for single or double centerhelds (maybe)

I wish they still had more size options for the other woven ones. I love the brown and copper combo of the dakota, though I prefer the centerpiece of the stylist version that Booky snagged ;). My style is pretty understated and often on the androgynous side, and while I love looking at the sparkly beaded ones, I don't know how much I'd really wear them... expect for mayne that kaleidoscope, which I've been dreaming about since I decided not to buy one on eBay and instantly regretted it. Aaarg you can see how well the decision making is going :D

Ylva
January 27th, 2019, 05:22 AM
Today we caught a wild snowflake flexi in its natural habitat!

https://i.ibb.co/j6D2LGm/snowflake.jpg

mwallingford
January 27th, 2019, 06:34 AM
What a cozy picture Ylva, such a beautiful background! And I hope you don't mind me saying so, but your bun and Flexi compo is definitely thud worthy :thud:

I may have to save up for that snowflake Flexi for next year...

eresh
January 27th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Beautiful Ylva!

For double buns, I use a size M flexi.
I should have a picture somewhere on my computer....
Let me go find it (hopefully LOL)

Edit, here they are:

https://i.imgur.com/1PyHVw1h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/u6DP848h.jpg

Ophidian
January 27th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Thank you eresh!

carries
January 27th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Today we caught a wild snowflake flexi in its natural habitat!

https://i.ibb.co/j6D2LGm/snowflake.jpg

Such a pretty photo Ylva, I love the Flexi!!

Ylva
January 27th, 2019, 10:27 AM
What a cozy picture Ylva, such a beautiful background! And I hope you don't mind me saying so, but your bun and Flexi compo is definitely thud worthy :thud:

I may have to save up for that snowflake Flexi for next year...

Thank you so much! :bowtome:

That flexi is definitely one of my favorites if not the top one. Worth every penny!

Beautiful Ylva!

For double buns, I use a size M flexi.
I should have a picture somewhere on my computer....
Let me go find it (hopefully LOL)

Edit, here they are:

https://i.imgur.com/1PyHVw1h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/u6DP848h.jpg

Thank you! Those buns are absolutely beautiful, and the turquoise of the flexi really pops in your hair.

Such a pretty photo Ylva, I love the Flexi!!

Thank you so much! Yes, that flexi is sooo beautiful! :)

Milady_DeWinter
January 27th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Love it, Ylva, that snowflake is super beautiful! And eresh, the double buns with flexis are just great :D

I think I didn't show here the North Star in mega that I purchased some months ago. XS North Star is one of my most used flexis for half ups, so I couldn't resist.

https://i.imgur.com/MwgGPrh.jpg

eresh
January 27th, 2019, 11:39 AM
Thanks Ophidian and Ylva, hope the pictures help you decide which size you need for your double buns.

Beautiful as ever Milady :-)

Ylva
January 27th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Love it, Ylva, that snowflake is super beautiful! And eresh, the double buns with flexis are just great :D

I think I didn't show here the North Star in mega that I purchased some months ago. XS North Star is one of my most used flexis for half ups, so I couldn't resist.

https://i.imgur.com/MwgGPrh.jpg

Thank you so much!

What a massive North Star! Looks stunning. I bought the North Star in size XS from the Black Friday sales last year, but I haven't worn it yet, because I can't do any nice half-up yet. :D

MusicalSpoons
January 27th, 2019, 02:08 PM
Oh so pretty Ylva! Love your new avatar pic too!

eresh those are rather cute, and the turquoise goes amazingly well with your hair :heartbeat

Milady I always love seeing your buns. Is that a LWB? I'm so impressed the Mega holds it because I can't work out how, without holding the middle hair (mine would just laugh at me and fall down instantly if I tried an ordinary LWB with just a flexi :laugh:)

AmaryllisRed
January 27th, 2019, 02:25 PM
Beautiful, Ylva!

So hard to decide, isn't it, Ophidian? I always put things in my cart and change my mind!

That's very helpful, eresh, and very pretty!

I love that North Star, Milady!

Here's me today. [sings] Fat bun in a little flexi...
I really need to size up. My hair is eating the flexi.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35209&d=1548622616

Milady_DeWinter
January 27th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Thanks Ophidian and Ylva, hope the pictures help you decide which size you need for your double buns.

Beautiful as ever Milady :-)

Thank you so much!

What a massive North Star! Looks stunning. I bought the North Star in size XS from the Black Friday sales last year, but I haven't worn it yet, because I can't do any nice half-up yet. :D

Thank you Ylva! What I call half ups is me just retiring the hair that would be the fringe; I can use from XS to L depending on how much hair I decide to retire :) You should experiment, that XS notth star must look awesome on you!

Oh so pretty Ylva

Milady I always love seeing your buns. Is that a LWB? I'm so impressed the Mega holds it because I can't work out how, without holding the middle hair (mine would just laugh at me and fall down instantly if I tried an ordinary LWB with just a flexi :laugh:)

Yep, it is just an LWB, the flexi stick is just picking the center hair :) it holds securely for 12+hours without rebunning. Dunno if I do something special, I think not :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35209&d=1548622616

Lovely bun, amarillysred! :crush: I also think you achieved next size!

AmaryllisRed
January 27th, 2019, 05:21 PM
Thank you Ylva! What I call half ups is me just retiring the hair that would be the fringe; I can use from XS to L depending on how much hair I decide to retire :) You should experiment, that XS notth star must look awesome on you!

Yep, it is just an LWB, the flexi stick is just picking the center hair :) it holds securely for 12+hours without rebunning. Dunno if I do something special, I think not :)

Lovely bun, amarillysred! :crush: I also think you achieved next size!

Thank you, Milady!

I use my XS for "half-ups" but it's really not half. It's just like the front section of hair. I think I'm going to size up for that, too.

Ophidian
January 27th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Congrats on sizing up Amaryllis! That is a really nice flexi, I love the rose centerpieces :).

Zesty
January 27th, 2019, 06:56 PM
Milady, your updos. :thud: And that flexi really suits your hair.

Amaryllis, definitely looks like you're "graduating," and what a lovely sleek bun that is.

I'm eyeing the rose tone lock and key u pins, I think they're so cute and the u pins work so well in my made-up pony roll hairstyle.

AmaryllisRed
January 27th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Congrats on sizing up Amaryllis! That is a really nice flexi, I love the rose centerpieces :).

Milady, your updos. :thud: And that flexi really suits your hair.

Amaryllis, definitely looks like you're "graduating," and what a lovely sleek bun that is.

I'm eyeing the rose tone lock and key u pins, I think they're so cute and the u pins work so well in my made-up pony roll hairstyle.

Thank you!
Rose is my daughter's middle name so I definitely went through a "buy all the rosy things" phase. :)

Zesty, I really like those u-pins too.

Milady_DeWinter
January 27th, 2019, 11:54 PM
Thank you girls :) Definitely north star is one of my most used flexis, bith in xs and in xxl!

Ylva
January 28th, 2019, 02:34 AM
Oh so pretty Ylva! Love your new avatar pic too!

Thank you, MusicalSpoons! :)

Beautiful, Ylva!

Thank you! :)

Thank you Ylva! What I call half ups is me just retiring the hair that would be the fringe; I can use from XS to L depending on how much hair I decide to retire :) You should experiment, that XS notth star must look awesome on you

I see! I’ll have to see if my hair is too slippery/thin for such. I do have some dreams of what I would like to do with my hair but severely lack the skill to execute it. But I will experiment when I gather the courage. Thank you. :)

Milady_DeWinter
January 28th, 2019, 04:24 AM
You are very welcome, Ylva :) another trick for slippery hair (mine is fine but not slippery) would be to try doing a half up braid, and putting the flexi to decorate it on its top. The braid would help it not to slide :)

mwallingford
January 28th, 2019, 09:40 AM

That flexi is definitely one of my favorites if not the top one. Worth every penny!

I can definitely see why! It was pretty on the website but I didn't get it because I thought it would be too seasonal and wouldn't wear it enough. 110% getting that one in the future though!

ETA: I don't know how in the world I could forget to mention this, but your bun and Flexi are stunning, Milady! If you don't mind my asking, have you ever had a problem with any of the little gems falling out? The North Star Flexi is so pretty but I always wondered if that could be an issue

Milady_DeWinter
January 28th, 2019, 09:54 AM
I can definitely see why! It was pretty on the website but I didn't get it because I thought it would be too seasonal and wouldn't wear it enough. 110% getting that one in the future though!

ETA: I don't know how in the world I could forget to mention this, but your bun and Flexi are stunning, Milady! If you don't mind my asking, have you ever had a problem with any of the little gems falling out? The North Star Flexi is so pretty but I always wondered if that could be an issue

Thank you lots, mwallingford :) And nop, I use so much my flexis and no stone has been missing just yet. BUT I've seen sometimes flexis lacking 1 stone or something in th swap board, I remember a fairy that lacked one of the wing''s stones... Don't seem to happen very often in any case.

mwallingford
January 28th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Thank you lots, mwallingford :) And nop, I use so much my flexis and no stone has been missing just yet. BUT I've seen sometimes flexis lacking 1 stone or something in th swap board, I remember a fairy that lacked one of the wing''s stones... Don't seem to happen very often in any case.

Thank you Milady! I saw that on the swap board a while ago as well which concerned me a bit about how well they'll hold up (which is odd because I wear my couple of Flexi's on a fairly regular basis without issue). That's really good to know, and now I can buy some of the pretty multi stoned Flexi's with little reservation!

Ophidian
January 28th, 2019, 12:36 PM
XL dragon and XL maisy In the mail as we speak! :joy:

https://i.imgur.com/OP3RyN5.jpg?1

I went back and forth on the sizing of the braided leather one for ages as I know they tend to run large. The last large regular clip I had was a very tight squeeze with a centerheld though, so I'm hoping even if the maisy is a bit floppy in a disc or LWB, it might work as a bun cage for a cinnamon bun.

shaluwm_agape
January 28th, 2019, 05:49 PM
Has anyone ever had an issue with a return not scanning. I shipped out Thursday and there has been no update. It seems LR thinks I never sent

GrowlingCupcake
January 28th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Ylva, your hair is truly stunning in that bun with Winter Wonder; it just glows.

I placed two large orders for discontinued, and stylist flexis. I'm going on a partial LR timeout for awhile; I'll still buy stylist exclusives if I see one I like, FOTMs, and second hand ones, but no more! I even asked one of the stylists I ordered through to put me on timeout xD

Now to just find a way to store all of them.

Ophidian
January 28th, 2019, 06:33 PM
GrowlingCupcake, your hairtoy hoard must be a sight to behold :bigeyes: :)

GrowlingCupcake
January 28th, 2019, 07:22 PM
GrowlingCupcake, your hairtoy hoard must be a sight to behold :bigeyes: :)

It's embarrassingly large, in my opinion! I really have to go through everything at some point, and take part in the WEO thread. I'll probably also end up selling some, eventually. I have a few that are too small right now, and I'm sure that list will grow.

Ophidian
January 28th, 2019, 10:22 PM
Anybody up for some enablin'?

Now that I ordered the two XL's, which I wasn't exactly looking for but fell in love with and thought I should snag when I got the chance, I'm back to the whole reason I went on this flexi binge to begin with - double buns.

I've realized I'm a total magpie and spend way too much time drooling over things I will never wear just because they are *shiny.* so I want to get a pair of matching medium flexis either in a braided leather style or the thinner cord variety. My main concern with the braided ones is that they are so thick, I'm worried they wouldn't flex enough over a bun with only half my hair and just fit weirdly. Has anyone used a small or medium with a bun instead of a half up or ponytail that could speak to this? I'm also wondering if even the 3.5" small sick would be too antennae-like if I used two of them side by side.

If I go with a braided one, I'm hoping I can find a pair of something fairly simple like the sold out celtic knots. I hope they are planning on restocking the braided leather styles because I want to pick up an XL Nina...

Or it might be simpler to just go with the thinner cord since they are probably more flexible and already have a shorter stick attached. Of the ones for sale on the site, I do like the celtic #2593 - really prefer the more antique-looking metals over the bright silver and gold.

Hmmm.....

lunasea
January 28th, 2019, 11:48 PM
I have thin hair and use mediums all the time for whole buns. No problem. This is a SMALL leather with a TT stick.
https://i.imgur.com/lUCkV4V.jpg?1

eadwine
January 29th, 2019, 01:26 AM
Has anyone ever had an issue with a return not scanning. I shipped out Thursday and there has been no update. It seems LR thinks I never sent

No. But you should have gotten a receipt as proof, so I suggest contacting your postal services.

Ylva
January 29th, 2019, 04:13 AM
Ylva, your hair is truly stunning in that bun with Winter Wonder; it just glows.

Wendyp
January 29th, 2019, 06:04 AM
I’m so behind replying, editing my novel and running a law practice and da :bigeyes: thanks everyone for your comments. Btw I recommend Rebekah behrens as stylist she’s been awesome.

eadwine
January 29th, 2019, 06:21 AM
Spread the love!

https://i.imgur.com/Up8YUtl.jpg

Ophidian
January 29th, 2019, 06:31 AM
I have thin hair and use mediums all the time for whole buns. No problem. This is a SMALL leather with a TT stick.
https://i.imgur.com/lUCkV4V.jpg?1

Thank you lunasea! The leathers always look so comfy to me and are very much my style. I'll get a pair and report back :). I've always admired your creativity in this thread, by the way :flower:

lapushka
January 29th, 2019, 06:35 AM
Spread the love!

I love that sign. I wonder though if "people" will get that it is not you being a rocker fan. ;) :p

Ophidian
January 29th, 2019, 06:36 AM
Spread the love!

Love it, eadwine! I will say that like wendyp, the first thing I thought of when I saw that design in the shop was metal, even though I took ASL for 4 years in college and should know better. Now it makes more sense to me, as when I first saw it I thought the horns seemed a bit off brand :wink:

eadwine
January 29th, 2019, 06:47 AM
*giggle* DEFINITELY not metal haha.

Although, the music is loud enough for the deaf to "hear" ;)

Milady_DeWinter
January 29th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Love that design! I also like its rock vibe :lol: might pick it sometime just because of that. And well, i'm not deaf but I hear quite little by my left ear (can't put the telephone there for example, among much other things) from a sorta accident (broken eardrum). So may be it suits me after all :ponder:

eresh
January 29th, 2019, 07:43 AM
Great actionshots people! I love seeing them!
My flexi hasn't arrived yet and it was in the same plane over here as Eadwines.
So that probably means I have to pay import costs blergh.

eadwine
January 29th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Or maybe the mailman can't find your ittybitty town just yet ;) Hopefully it'll get there tomorrow!

shaluwm_agape
January 29th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Hope so thanks

eadwine
January 29th, 2019, 10:40 AM
The mailman comment was to Eresh ;)

But you're welcome.

eadwine
January 29th, 2019, 11:06 AM
I love that sign. I wonder though if "people" will get that it is not you being a rocker fan. ;) :p

I don't give a rat's bleep what people think ;) Besides.. like they're going to be looking at what is in my hair. Only the most extravagant ones have received comments. The rest? Nada.