PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 07:31 AM
Most likely yeah...

Mind you.. the camel does NOT have a wire in it. I can flatten it all the way easily. I have a feeling it may stretch quite a bit when used, but as I haven't gotten it out of the baggie for obvious reasons I cannot test this.

Theobroma
June 8th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Most likely yeah...

Mind you.. the camel does NOT have a wire in it. I can flatten it all the way easily. I have a feeling it may stretch quite a bit when used, but as I haven't gotten it out of the baggie for obvious reasons I cannot test this.

From the shape of those ones I rather thought they wouldn't have a wire. But judging from the leather hair slides I've owned in the past I wouldn't worry about it stretching... unless the leather is very thin. I have a slide made of leather about 2mm thick that I've had for years and years and it hasn't stretched at all.

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 08:08 AM
I don't think it is too thin. I don't see this leather being 2mm thick though, but I cannot tell really.

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 10:28 AM
I got a reply: "If measuring the item by looking at them they are different because each one is made with different materials. If you have tried them in your hair and you are not satisfied with the fit we will be happy to exchange them for you."

Then how in beep are we to know what size to order, if the size you are used to ordering is so vastly different on these things. This new design is going to render a LOOOOT of exchanges!!

jennareid
June 8th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Then why bother having measurements at all if you're going to just make it up as you go along? Different materials is no excuse. 1cm = 1cm no matter the material. It's lazy workmanship and weaselly excuses.

Theobroma
June 8th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Sounds a bit unconvincing.

But even if it's true, they've got to state as much on the website or else they're setting up their customers for disappointment and themselves for a whole lot of returns and exchanges. I would expect the big leather loops to look and feel and behave differently from standard Flexis, but the red braided leather one looks as though it has a piano wire core just like the traditional clips and I don't think anyone would suspect that it'd fit any differently. Somehow this new line seems as though it isn't as well-thought-out as it could (or should) have been!

lapushka
June 8th, 2016, 10:59 AM
I got a reply: "If measuring the item by looking at them they are different because each one is made with different materials. If you have tried them in your hair and you are not satisfied with the fit we will be happy to exchange them for you."

Then how in beep are we to know what size to order, if the size you are used to ordering is so vastly different on these things. This new design is going to render a LOOOOT of exchanges!!

WTH. What's that about? So you are supposed to open them, and try them in your hair first. Why not just exchange them for the proper size? Or is that supposed to be the proper size. :?: Maybe try the leather one. See what it does. It might be different because of the lack of wire - I have NO idea!

This is confusing!

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 11:06 AM
I tried them both on. The red one is ok. I can hear the leather creak as I put it in, so that is snug. The camel one.. BWAHAHAHAHA. It feels like I have a stick in my hair, the 8 is there for decoration, as if it is a ribbon that I added to make it look interesting.

Folks.. meet camel size M:
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexicamel.jpg

I have written back and told them what they were getting themselves into. "Mind you this is going to be problematic, because people are expecting a certain size when they buy one and getting something quite different, I see a lot of exchanges in the future for LillaRose. An M should be an M size. An L should be an L and not a mega."

I also asked: what size do I need now? I have NO way of knowing.

To be honest, this pisses me the heck off. I am going to be sitting outside for a while now with my neighbor to cool off. GRRRR!

Theobroma
June 8th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Wow. :)

It actually looks nice on you, but yup, that's one heck of an inflationary interpretation on "medium"! What is the length of the loop in centimetres?

melesine
June 8th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Wow, it's huge for supposedly being a medium. It looks really nice though. So are they going to make a new size chart for the leather ones?

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Wow, it's huge for supposedly being a medium. It looks really nice though. So are they going to make a new size chart for the leather ones?

I have no idea if they are going to do that, but unless they want to have 50 exchanges a day on these things they are going to have to!

Here are two pictures for you with the M size bought camel:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/camelcm.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/camelin.jpg

A normal medium measured across the length on the inside of the loops is not even 8.5 cm.

Oh and a pic of the red one. This is a amadlife0 stick. I do have two sticks on the way still to go with these flexis.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexired.jpg

I have some bun hair left with this one, the loops are is not sitting against my scalp.

lapushka
June 8th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Looks like the red one might be okay - it juuust might.
But that leather one. OMG. That is way off!
I hope they come back with a satisfactory answer!

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I just mailed those two pictures of the sizes to LillaRose and asked to cross check an M they have there to see if it is the same size. I mean.. suppose I would get sent an S next and then it is WAAAYYYY too small! Better cross check that this REALLY is an M size!

The red is an L, put a regular L on top of it, matches perfectly. I have some bun hair left so it is not sitting against my scalp so I am keeping it and I will grow into it. I have other Ls (two or three) that I can make work, so.. it can stay. But that camel.. ehhhh. :lol:

melesine
June 8th, 2016, 01:12 PM
The red one is really nice. Thanks for the measurements. It dawned on me that since the leather is much thicker than a beaded flexi maybe they are measuring from the inside of the 8?

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Well then they don't know how to measure. Does the inside of the 8 look like 8.3 - 8.4cm? :lol: A normal medium measured across the length on the inside of the loops is not even 8.5 cm after all. This is what.. 10 I think.

I really do like the red, it's a nice one. Hopefully the sticks will be here soon as well.

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Got another reply:

"The appearance of the Leather 8's are made intentionally this wa and its dimensions are still made to hold the same amount of hair. This is done by design and is the size of all MDs. Since it is not to your satisfaction I am attaching the form for the exchange of the item or items and does not have to be returned insured. Using the same bubble mailer you can request for the exchange and once it is received we will be happy to refund the shipping fee to you."

They got their dimensions wrong.

And ohhh now I am pissed. Their form, to exchange:

Exchange: (must be within 90 days of purchase)
Item is unused and in the same condition that you received it.
You must pay for return postage back to the Lilla Rose U.S. or E.U. returns depot.
Lilla Rose will pay for the shipping of your replacement item back to you.

I DID not order the wrong size!! *stomps foot* I should not have to pay for this shipping fee!

lapushka
June 8th, 2016, 01:34 PM
No you shouldn't as it's not your fault at all. I would tell them that. Looks like their customer service is getting worse!

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Oh I am telling them that, believe you me!

melesine
June 8th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Well then they don't know how to measure. Does the inside of the 8 look like 8.3 - 8.4cm? :lol: A normal medium measured across the length on the inside of the loops is not even 8.5 cm after all. This is what.. 10 I think.

I really do like the red, it's a nice one. Hopefully the sticks will be here soon as well.

I don't have any mediums so I'm not sure what their length is.

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 01:39 PM
*giggles* I have over 50.. I know what they should feel like on the head :lol:

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Every now and then I make a mistake.

The mail itself said they would be happy to exchange and refund my shipping in full.

*bonks forehead on table* I went straight to the form and completely forgot that remark... :lol: Just sent an apology for flying up the wall.

jennareid
June 8th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Edit: nvm!

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 01:46 PM
As said in my post above, I Did not read and remember what was written. Just being so pissed over the entire situation AND things going awry here in personal life.. makes one fly up the wall a bit too fast.

lapushka
June 8th, 2016, 02:02 PM
It just plain sucks that they have got the sizing all wrong for that leather slide at least, and it seems the others too, if that isn't a L you received (red one). Doesn't bode well. Seems like they are going to have to do something (measure their own stuff, for one).

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 02:20 PM
I want to bet they are going to get swamped with exchanges.

I was advised to request the small for the exchange. Let's hope that size does fit and that it does not have to get exchanged yet another time!

Theobroma
June 8th, 2016, 03:15 PM
I have no idea if they are going to do that, but unless they want to have 50 exchanges a day on these things they are going to have to!

Here are two pictures for you with the M size bought camel:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/camelcm.jpg

A normal medium measured across the length on the inside of the loops is not even 8.5 cm.

SERIOUSLY WHAT.

That thing is as long across as the pin on an XL Flexi! What were they thinking when they called that size a medium??

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 03:20 PM
I don't know what they were thinking. I sent those pics as I said, but I haven't gotten a "oops that is not a medium" mail in return.

So.. it is going to be exchanged for a small, which was suggested to me, as I have NO clue now what size I need for this thing. And needless to say: I fear that even the small will be too big.

I bet the mega can be used to wear as underwear, just stick your legs in the loops and hoist up :lol:

Theobroma
June 8th, 2016, 03:32 PM
I don't know what they were thinking. I sent those pics as I said, but I haven't gotten a "oops that is not a medium" mail in return.

So.. it is going to be exchanged for a small, which was suggested to me, as I have NO clue now what size I need for this thing. And needless to say: I fear that even the small will be too big.

I bet the mega can be used to wear as underwear, just stick your legs in the loops and hoist up :lol:

:spitting:

Thank you for that ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS mental image! :rollin:

Kelli Kat
June 8th, 2016, 09:07 PM
My dragon flexis arrived yesterday. Here are the large and small together, an action of the small and a close up action shot of the small

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/mynails/2016%20LHC/688_zpsurmyfi7o.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/mynails/media/2016%20LHC/688_zpsurmyfi7o.jpg.html)

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/mynails/2016%20LHC/706_zpsefkwxpmt.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/mynails/media/2016%20LHC/706_zpsefkwxpmt.jpg.html)

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/mynails/2016%20LHC/716_zps1wekyguf.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/mynails/media/2016%20LHC/716_zps1wekyguf.jpg.html)

eadwine
June 8th, 2016, 09:41 PM
:spitting:

Thank you for that ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS mental image! :rollin:

:lol: You're welcome!

morrigan*
June 9th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Dragon flexis looks awesome Kelli Kat :D

Wildcat Diva
June 9th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Man, Flexis have changed a lot since I last looked in here!

Here are my multiple triplet (although I actually own four for when I have more hair).

Off-Coiled bun that's loosely coiled due to user error.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/janineevans/D379C0DC-0E1B-4972-BA30-10C75B8B5B49_zpsscxrq7lr.png

PixieP
June 9th, 2016, 10:22 AM
I've gotten my first Flexi and I ADOOOOORE it! I bought it from a user here, I think the type is called Tawny?

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/misherusedai/3DD2E16F-11FD-4988-9E5F-C523E56B3B22_zpsumwdo0cd.jpg

I think it really suits my hair and I like that it's both silver and copper, because that means I can wear both types of jewellry with it and it'll look good :D

I just threw my hair up into a sorta-bun for this photo so don't look to closely at the bun XD

It's an L, which I think it quite nice for me, I don't need the sturdiest buns and I prefer my buns to be a bit loose so they look bigger.

I absolutley feel an obsession coming over me, so I don't think this'll be my last one XD

eadwine
June 9th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I sent the flexi to the exchange address today and let LR know how much it was. They have just refunded me the amount. *thumbs up*

lapushka
June 9th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Looks like it's going well so far, eadwine! And they're true to their word as well (about the refunded postage), which counts for a lot in my book. I hope you get the right size this time. Could they maybe put pictures on their site with a tape measure along all the sizes? I think that's what they might have to do. And make a comparison to the standard sizes. Basically, what you did! :)

eadwine
June 9th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Well.. everyone reading this thread knows what they are getting themselves into with those leather ones... LR is going to have to make some changes I'm sure. I wonder how they are going to handle other people's flexis.

I have contacted LR again and made a decision. Instead of waiting if that Small fits and maybe dealing with yet another exchange, I have changed it around for a medium size Knot. That medium, they said, is the same size as that red one I have here already. This is the clip I am talking about: https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=21390&CatalogueID=211

I can use my eaduard and onn sticks with that one which are nice and colorful and give those a second life :)

adastra
June 10th, 2016, 01:55 PM
The huge size discrepancy on these new flexis is keeping me from ordering, because I don't know what to buy! I'd normally get a M or a L, depending on what I'm doing with them... I'm curious to see if a S is the right choice in these?

two_wheels
June 10th, 2016, 02:01 PM
I've got a honeybee on the way :D

melesine
June 10th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Oh exciting two wheels, by the way I love your avatar. I tried to get my cat to take a similar picture but she was having none of it. Maybe another time.

eadwine
June 10th, 2016, 02:20 PM
The huge size discrepancy on these new flexis is keeping me from ordering, because I don't know what to buy! I'd normally get a M or a L, depending on what I'm doing with them... I'm curious to see if a S is the right choice in these?

I hope it will be. I changed my order around to something different because I don't want to deal with all this size hubbub anymore. :/

two_wheels
June 10th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Oh exciting two wheels, by the way I love your avatar. I tried to get my cat to take a similar picture but she was having none of it. Maybe another time.

Aww, my cat only got really cuddly/needy now that she's an old lady - maybe yours will change her mind too! Putting coconut oil on your hair might help. She goes nuts for it. I had to ban her from the bedroom after waking up one too many times to her licking my hair and snorting with glee.

Eadwine ouch, I caught up with your earlier posts - you have had some rotten flexi luck! I hope they sort you out.

adastra
June 10th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Aww, my cat only got really cuddly/needy now that she's an old lady - maybe yours will change her mind too! Putting coconut oil on your hair might help. She goes nuts for it. I had to ban her from the bedroom after waking up one too many times to her licking my hair and snorting with glee.

Coconut oil doesn't do it for my cats... but detangler with catnip is, unsurprisingly, a hit. :P

Mine like to rub on the pointy ends of some of my hair toys and purr right in my ear! But I haven't gotten a pic that's more than a cat butt and/or a blur.

two_wheels
June 10th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Coconut oil doesn't do it for my cats... but detangler with catnip is, unsurprisingly, a hit. :P

Mine like to rub on the pointy ends of some of my hair toys and purr right in my ear! But I haven't gotten a pic that's more than a cat butt and/or a blur.

Haha! Yes, why do they think that's the bit that you want in your face / in the camera?

To stay on topic - man, I would love to see a gold flexi with a black enamel cat with green crystal eyes. Lilla Rose, are you listening?!

eadwine
June 10th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Just woke up and remembered I dreamed of a flexi.. it was larger than normal, the 8 (more round than an 8 shape), and on it, the pin, had the letters OZ on it.

I have NO idea where that came from!

I hope things will get sorted too Two_wheels!

eadwine
June 14th, 2016, 06:23 AM
The sticks that come with the flexis I mentioned above appear to be very short. The two came in just now and I found them tiny (they're medium). I measured them and from tip to tip the sizing is indeed right. They fit well though, oof! The black knot flexi is soon to be on its way as well to me.

Maple, and walnut:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/stick2.jpg http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/stick1.jpg

Theobroma
June 14th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Eadwine, that looks beautiful!

Hmm, I'm slowly being enabled to get Tudor Rose here... :)

eadwine
June 14th, 2016, 08:32 AM
I sure hope there will be a sale sometime!

lapushka
June 14th, 2016, 10:17 AM
They look pretty, eadwine! :D And they look to me like they're of quite a good length!

summergame
June 14th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Lovely flexies in your hair Eadwine! Very elegant with your braid!

eadwine
June 14th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Thanks ladies!

Yup Lapushka, these are 4.5" I believe. PLENTY long enough. I don't need a 6" radio antenna on my head :lol:

Theobroma
June 15th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Remember Dogwood? When it came out in April I immediately loved it, but the price was high enough that, like many other people who liked it, I decided I wouldn't get it unless I could catch it on a sale some time. And I wrote an email to my consultant about my concerns about the possible effect of the Flexi price increase, asking her to forward it to the company. She did (saying that she agreed with the points I was making), and that was pretty much that. Dogwood was taken down at the end of April and hasn't come back so far, nor has there been another sale since then.

Well, as of lunchtime today I am officially floored, stunned, gobsmacked, and speechless with delight and gratitude. Because when the postman came today he brought an envelope with the LR logo even though I hadn't ordered anything lately. Inside was... an XL Dogwood! And a lovely note from my consultant saying the clip was a gift from her by way of thanks for being a "valued customer for so long".

Honestly, I have no words. She's always been great and has hunted down more than one hard-to-find clip for me in the past, but this... this beats everything. I don't know what to say except that my consultant is officially the best and I'll treasure this clip forever -- not only because it's every bit as pretty in person as I'd hoped it would be, but because I came by it through such a lovely, lovely gesture. :crush:

Action pic:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23532&d=1466013329

eadwine
June 15th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Wow.. you are very lucky indeed. When I told Steve the same thing I basically got a what came down to a "yeahyeah we don't care" in return.

It looks very pretty in your hair :D

Theobroma
June 15th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Thanks, eadwine!

I suppose that LR did crunch the numbers before deciding to raise their prices and concluded that it was economically necessary. But that doesn't change the fact that I now think twice before deciding to take the plunge on any clip... and more often than not I end up realising that I don't need it after all. That said, earlier today I caved and ordered Tudor Rose, along with Emerald Dream in large because it was a steal at 30% off. I don't wear larges much but at less than $12 I can justify getting a size that isn't what I usually reach for!)

eadwine
June 15th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Yups.. same here. I am hoping for a sale now!

eadwine
June 16th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I have been fiddling today and made a new flexi-8 holder thingamabob :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexiholderssmall.jpg

lapushka
June 16th, 2016, 11:16 AM
LOL, that is so neat and so crafty, eadwine! I'm amazed!!! :D

eadwine
June 16th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Thanks Lapushka!! I mailed you a slightly larger version just now :) (a picture, not the holder hahaha)

Theobroma
June 16th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Very nice, eadwine!

eadwine
June 16th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Thanks Theobroma!

lapushka
June 17th, 2016, 05:21 AM
Thanks Lapushka!! I mailed you a slightly larger version just now :) (a picture, not the holder hahaha)

Got it. You did great. :thumbsup: Looks like you got rid of the hangers (that wasn't clear to me at first).

eadwine
June 17th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Yup, those were massively in the way. They don't come off easily though, but given that the back sides are against the wall, you cannot see breakage there ;)

Spinder
June 17th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Does everyone here really like the clips that come with the 8's? For years I have refused to wear clips on any kind in my hair, even Ficcares because my hair always gets caught in the joint, or the teeth snag. :(

eadwine
June 18th, 2016, 12:27 AM
The clips??

As far as I know there are no clips on a flexi, or did I miss something?

ElvenEngineer
June 18th, 2016, 12:45 AM
These are so cool, and this is such an inspiring thread. I can't wait for my camel leather one to arrive. :D

eadwine
June 18th, 2016, 12:46 AM
I hope the size will be ok for you ElvenEngineer!

ElvenEngineer
June 18th, 2016, 12:51 AM
Thanks. :) I got the medium, and well, you can see my stats. :D I tend to have much smaller buns and ponies than those posted around here, but I do intend to try to use it mostly for full updos.

eadwine
June 18th, 2016, 01:16 AM
Oi.. well.. I seem to have a very small head compared to most here and I am an ii as well, so.. hopefully that medium will work out better for you than it did for me! *fingers crossed*

Spinder
June 18th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I must be looking at the wrong items on the lilla rose site then, where are the actual flexis that everyone is talking about listed?

eadwine
June 18th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Oh they call them hair clips. Clips to me are with a spring, these don't have that.

https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/MainCart.aspx?CatalogueID=211&RequestedGroup1Code=FX&RequestedGroup2Code=ALL

two_wheels
June 18th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Yep like eadwine says no spring, so they don't catch much. If you want to be sure your hair won't catch in it, get one with rounded beads/centre and no dangles. The fairy one used to catch my hair in the fairy wings and the dangly ones can get tangled in if your hair is inclined that way. The rest are fine.

I still let chenoa tangle itself into my hair anyway because it's so pretty.

eadwine
June 20th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Flexis of the month have appeared. Needless to say: lots of 4th of July, one that is at least neutral themed.

Two are on sale.

I am going to let it pass again.

edit: scratch that.. they weren't done adjusting the site yet :lol: Got me atonia

Cassyopeia
June 20th, 2016, 10:28 AM
I'm considering trying their headbands, but I would like to know if they actually stay on the head? Every headband I've owned in the past just slips off the back of my head. And if they are comfortable and hair safe? Was thinking of combining them with a messy french braid held by a mini-flexi in a matching color, but worried about flyaways getting caught in the beads.

JadedByEntropy
June 20th, 2016, 10:42 AM
thats >50 flexis. I feel much better about my growing pile ^^ normal is relative. I'll pass again this month tho..i like the bee one from June, but not the charm. (dont know if i could remove it)

I have been fiddling today and made a new flexi-8 holder thingamabob :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexiholderssmall.jpg

eadwine
June 20th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Personally.. I'd wager their hairbands are the same, I wouldn't do it, UNLESS you are allowed to send it back.

The things slide of my head too so I haven't bought them or even looked at them. If you have coarse hair they will stay put but with my hairtype.. hahaha fat chance!

Cassyopeia
June 20th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Personally.. I'd wager their hairbands are the same, I wouldn't do it, UNLESS you are allowed to send it back.

The things slide of my head too so I haven't bought them or even looked at them. If you have coarse hair they will stay put but with my hairtype.. hahaha fat chance!

Haha, I feel with my hairtype and skullshape it would be the same! I'm guessing I should buy a few normal flexis and maybe some upins on sale instead 😊

Spinder
June 20th, 2016, 01:18 PM
The "sticks" that come with the flexis kind of do look like they have hooks of some kind... I am confused... Does anyone have any closeups of them perhaps?

jennareid
June 20th, 2016, 01:27 PM
There's a little divot on the end of the sticks, so the 8-shaped part can slot in and not just slip out. I've never had a problem with snagging.

lillielil
June 20th, 2016, 01:57 PM
The "sticks" that come with the flexis kind of do look like they have hooks of some kind... I am confused... Does anyone have any closeups of them perhaps?

Here are some closeups! I hope this helps.

Here's the "stick" part, unattached.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/geobabe/hair/28670534-004B-4F5F-9948-1C95C0BFE395_zpsvuj77nea.jpg

Here I have 2 fingers in it (this is how I wear size medium on a twist or center-held bun)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/geobabe/hair/D3875372-9A8E-480E-A802-8A57D2D5E0B8_zpsuyqm8un8.jpg

Here I have 3 fingers in it (obviously), equivalent to how I wear a medium in a non-center-held bun (in short, it holds more hair this way). My nails are a horror-show. Sorry about that.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/geobabe/hair/8FAAAC0F-68B4-4154-AD6D-F2F027F28FBC_zpsxw4cr9yh.jpg

Basically, the cylindrical "bead" fits into the slots on the stick, creating more or less bend in the 8.

eadwine
June 23rd, 2016, 05:16 AM
The exchanged flexi made it here. Very happy with it! Black knot flexi with an Eaduard stick. This is why I got the black one, so I can swap out and show off the sticks!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/blackflexi_1.jpg

lapushka
June 23rd, 2016, 05:56 AM
I like it a lot, eadwine. It's a pretty "plain" one but I like more plain things usually. A lot of my flexi8s that I have in different sizes are with the celtic knot - pretty basic, but I can wear them with pretty much anything! And they all go together, another perk. :)

eadwine
June 23rd, 2016, 06:08 AM
Thanks Lapushka. Oh and for those wondering, yes it is an M and exactly the same size as the red one. :)

JadedByEntropy
July 2nd, 2016, 10:05 PM
Looking at the rope flexis [which i'm not fond of how they capped the ends], i realized i'd seen that rope before...in my leathermaking stuff...so i threw this together. xD now i need a stick! :laugh:

https://s31.postimg.org/iclf9m9h7/flexi_mine.jpg (https://postimage.org/)https://s31.postimg.org/egx4zzeq3/flexi_mine2.jpg (https://postimage.org/)

eadwine
July 2nd, 2016, 11:50 PM
Oh wow, I love that!! *thumbs up*

Calypso
July 3rd, 2016, 08:10 AM
Hi guys, does anyone know if there are any online shops that sell flexi 8's in the UK? I worry about customs when buying from the US. :/ Or if nowhere sells them in the UK, does anyone know how much you can spend before having to pay customs fees?

lapushka
July 3rd, 2016, 08:23 AM
Ooh, very nice JBE!

two_wheels
July 3rd, 2016, 08:56 AM
Hi guys, does anyone know if there are any online shops that sell flexi 8's in the UK? I worry about customs when buying from the US. :/ Or if nowhere sells them in the UK, does anyone know how much you can spend before having to pay customs fees?

£15 or more is the customs limit. We will get burned on pretty much anything with GBPUSD where it is. Unless you can find a friend who will send it to you as a gift, because the gift limit is £30 I think.

Cultmate sell flexis, but not the Lilla Rose designs. They are made by the same company though and some of them are very pretty. They are in Germany, but as we're in the EU (for now :rolleyes:) we don't pay customs for items from Germany.

eadwine
July 3rd, 2016, 09:05 AM
Don't expect the service you are used to from LR from Cultmate though...

Calypso
July 3rd, 2016, 09:05 AM
£15 or more is the customs limit. We will get burned on pretty much anything with GBPUSD where it is. Unless you can find a friend who will send it to you as a gift, because the gift limit is £30 I think.

Cultmate sell flexis, but not the Lilla Rose designs. They are made by the same company though and some of them are very pretty. They are in Germany, but as we're in the EU (for now :rolleyes:) we don't pay customs for items from Germany.

Ooh, thanks so much! Cultmate looks like it has some lovely things. :) Yeah, it's such a pain when I see all these beautiful hair toys being sold in America and Canada. D:

ETA: eadwine, have you had bad service from cultmate?

eadwine
July 3rd, 2016, 09:07 AM
Oh.. aside from the Cultmate comment I made above, what you could do.. if possible.. is buy one at a time and cough up the $4 in shipping per clip. The cost of that is less than the customs fees if you get caught.

two_wheels
July 3rd, 2016, 09:09 AM
Oh.. aside from the Cultmate comment I made above, what you could do.. if possible.. is buy one at a time and cough up the $4 in shipping per clip. The cost of that is less than the customs fees if you get caught.

That used to work, but now with GBPUSD where it is, the £15 limit is less than $20 which doesn't get you much from LR :(

eadwine
July 3rd, 2016, 09:12 AM
Ugh.. that sucks indeed.

two_wheels
July 3rd, 2016, 09:20 AM
It's definitely made me more choosy! :)

Whirled_peas
July 5th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I need one in every style!

eadwine
July 9th, 2016, 01:02 AM
New flexi arrived, I am very happy with this one, I think it looks awesome :D

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/day54.jpg

two_wheels
July 9th, 2016, 01:21 AM
That's gorgeous eadwine! So much prettier than the shop photos

eadwine
July 9th, 2016, 02:52 AM
Pretty much what I thought :lol: They don't give that one any justice.. well.. ok.. a little.

It is still available ;)

lapushka
July 9th, 2016, 03:19 AM
I love the one with the stars, eadwine!

Fru fru
July 13th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I finally took the time to work out how the u-pins work and I really like them, they hold well and they're the one thing I can use from lilla Rose that is under the customs threshold...so of course I ordered another set:p
http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u556/suzehaylett/6698AB89-457E-4B7A-A258-527413BF8BB1_zps2sbgjl3w.jpg (http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/suzehaylett/media/6698AB89-457E-4B7A-A258-527413BF8BB1_zps2sbgjl3w.jpg.html)

JadedByEntropy
July 14th, 2016, 11:24 PM
those look like really good quality. great pieces! i like that they match too. they go well with your pretty color hair

I finally took the time to work out how the u-pins work and I really like them, they hold well and they're the one thing I can use from lilla Rose that is under the customs threshold...so of course I ordered another set:p
http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u556/suzehaylett/6698AB89-457E-4B7A-A258-527413BF8BB1_zps2sbgjl3w.jpg (http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/suzehaylett/media/6698AB89-457E-4B7A-A258-527413BF8BB1_zps2sbgjl3w.jpg.html)

Decoy24601
July 14th, 2016, 11:36 PM
I'm putting flexi-8s on my list of items for my hair that I want to buy in the future.

The only issue is, I have no idea what size to get. What size would you recommend for someone with a 5" ponytail circumference? I have a hair stick that's 6" overall length and the working length is 5.5" and it's almost a little too small for me. At least going off of stick length I'll need at least a large flexi.

JadedByEntropy
July 14th, 2016, 11:41 PM
I'm putting flexi-8s on my list of items for my hair that I want to buy in the future.

The only issue is, I have no idea what size to get. What size would you recommend for someone with a 5" ponytail circumference? I have a hair stick that's 6" overall length and the working length is 5.5" and it's almost a little too small for me. At least going off of stick length I'll need at least a large flexi.

I'm at 4.5" and a L is a ponytail holder thats a bit loose, i squish it down into a M, but it would work nicely with your extra thickness. for a bun....good luck? i've got a bunch of XL that i can make buns with, but it never is like...a stick bun or anything, rather something that can use a shorter stick with or only pins on one side like a french twist

edit: heres a XL and L together. the useable stick length is 4 - 4.5"
https://s32.postimg.org/oplwdey11/tribun_bunofthemonth_June2016.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/8elsh3lj5/)upload img (https://postimage.org/)

Decoy24601
July 14th, 2016, 11:52 PM
I'm at 4.5" and a L is a ponytail holder thats a bit loose, i squish it down into a M, but it would work nicely with your extra thickness. for a bun....good luck? i've got a bunch of XL that i can make buns with, but it never is like...a stick bun or anything, rather something that can use a shorter stick with or only pins on one side like a french twist

edit: heres a XL and L together. the useable stick length is 4 - 4.5"
https://s32.postimg.org/oplwdey11/tribun_bunofthemonth_June2016.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/8elsh3lj5/)upload img (https://postimage.org/)

Thank you! And I was thinking for a bun holder. Looks like that might be a bit of a challenge. The visual helped a lot. I'll definitely need an XL for attempting a bun or something like a french twist.

Johannah
July 18th, 2016, 02:07 AM
There are ROPE flexis? Seriously, I missed so much!!

Thing is, I actually like them. Never thought I'd say that.

eadwine
July 18th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Just be careful on the sizing, however exchanging isn't a hassle thank goodness. I have two of those braided flexis, listed as size M, but they are exactly the size of a regular L, just for info.

Theobroma
July 18th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Really, the Medium braided 8's are the size of a regular Large?

If my Tudor Rose is any indication, the XLs do run a little on the large side, but mine is definitely not bigger than my biggest beaded XLs!

Johannah
July 18th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Just be careful on the sizing, however exchanging isn't a hassle thank goodness. I have two of those braided flexis, listed as size M, but they are exactly the size of a regular L, just for info.

Really, the Medium braided 8's are the size of a regular Large?

If my Tudor Rose is any indication, the XLs do run a little on the large side, but mine is definitely not bigger than my biggest beaded XLs!

Oh wow this sucks.. Now I don't know what size to take haha. I like the black one so much!!. My internships starts august 18th, and I'm working on a school so this is *definitely* appropriate :)

https://cloud.lillarose.biz/FX/M/D/FX-2769_M_D_01.jpg

eadwine
July 18th, 2016, 10:21 AM
The leather one like in the picture you posted is even worse. I ordered an M, and it turned out larger than a regular L even, completely ridiculous. I mailed to cross check and found they did not put the wrong size in the baggie. I think I posted a picture of my M with a measuring ribbon next to it somewhere in this thread.

Found it:

Yes that is an M, no joke.

Here is a picture of the knot woven leather in between an M and an L. The woven one was also ordered as an M, but as you can see: definitely an L sized one. Also cross checked and found they did not put the wrong size in the baggie here either.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/leather.jpg

So.. be careful with these.. I have NO idea what the larger sizes are like, only what size M looks like.

Theobroma
July 18th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Wow, eadwine, that's crazy! I wonder whether the Larges would be halfway between the "normal" large and XL in size?

All I know is that the XL seems to be in the right sort of size range, even though it's on the larger side of the XL spectrum. Actually it holds amazingly well with my home-turned stick -- I've actually gone running in it and it held like a rock. (Though I admit I started the bun with an elastic just to be on the safe side. But I think it'd probably hold pretty well even without that.)

eadwine
July 18th, 2016, 11:28 AM
I found the woven L holds very nicely as well with somewhat thicker hairsticks, though I wore it with a thin metal stick today and it was fine. I just have to be careful positioning it.

But yeah... an M should be an M and not an L and so forth. I could exchange that wayyyy too large leather one for the knot flexi mentioned below it :)

JadedByEntropy
July 18th, 2016, 01:00 PM
when i saw the rope ones i knew people would have to oder a sixe up, but i guess they already thought of that! so yes, be careful when ordering them!. The bands are too thick to have the same capacity when bent...so i guess they went by how much it holds rather than the length

eadwine
July 18th, 2016, 02:20 PM
True.. for the braided ones, yes... the leather ones though, they overdid it, a LOT. I mean, this flexi was LOOSE, no tension on the stick. The flexi held nothing, the stick held everything here. I could just as well have laid the thing on top of my head:

And customer service insisted that was a nice fit.

Yeah.. in lalaland maybe.. :lol:

Johannah
July 19th, 2016, 06:47 AM
True.. for the braided ones, yes... the leather ones though, they overdid it, a LOT. I mean, this flexi was LOOSE, no tension on the stick. The flexi held nothing, the stick held everything here. I could just as well have laid the thing on top of my head:

And customer service insisted that was a nice fit.

Yeah.. in lalaland maybe.. :lol:

HOLY MOLY thanks for telling me. I need to think properly what size I'm going to order :lol:

eadwine
July 19th, 2016, 07:47 AM
:lol: yeah, I normally have an M. Most pictures with a flexi in my hair are M sized flexis so that should give some indication.

We should get more pictures with measuring ribbons, that way we can calculate ROUGHLY what size is actually needed.

Johannah
July 19th, 2016, 08:16 AM
:lol: yeah, I normally have an M. Most pictures with a flexi in my hair are M sized flexis so that should give some indication.

We should get more pictures with measuring ribbons, that way we can calculate ROUGHLY what size is actually needed.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I'll probably wait a bit longer to order one... If there aren't more pictures than now I'll probably buy an L, then...? (normally I use an XL for LWB, so worst case scenario it's still too big and I use it for a cinnabun, right?)

Ah, well... I don't get why they give the sizes of the stick but not of the 8's.

RebekahE
July 21st, 2016, 04:08 PM
I have a question and I'm hoping somebody can help me. I love the Arwen flexi ( https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20749&CatalogueID=211&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=109.110 ) My hair type, however, tends to get tangled easily and I'm worried my hair might get tangled in the danglies. What do you think? I would probably get an xs for a half-up (I don't put much hair in my half-ups). Thank you!

eadwine
July 22nd, 2016, 12:46 AM
Looks like you have the same hair type as I do. These danglies are quite long, rendering the tangling MUCH more likely, especially in a half up.

Just remember that bending over and then standing back up, you will always be checking if they are still positioned correctly. I am in any case whenever I wear my dangly flexi (different model).

So keep that in mind.. if you are a bit OCD like I am with them having to hang right, you will be checking a lot, and with half ups, the loose hair will get in the way.

RebekahE
July 22nd, 2016, 02:39 PM
Thank you! I am a bit of a perfectionist. Just one more question: Knowing what you know now would you still have bought the dangly flexi?

eadwine
July 22nd, 2016, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't have I think. But I only have this one and that is enough :) Just have to make sure to use it on a bun where it can dangle free.

Johannah
July 23rd, 2016, 12:51 AM
I have a question and I'm hoping somebody can help me. I love the Arwen flexi ( https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20749&CatalogueID=211&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=109.110 ) My hair type, however, tends to get tangled easily and I'm worried my hair might get tangled in the danglies. What do you think? I would probably get an xs for a half-up (I don't put much hair in my half-ups). Thank you!

For me personally, this would cause tangles (unless it's a real bun and there's some space between the dangles and your head, if that makes sense). But I personally thing it's very hard to put the flexi right if it has dangles. I'm not a fan tbh.

eadwine
August 1st, 2016, 04:56 AM
I suggest y'all run over to the LR page ;)

jennareid
August 1st, 2016, 05:03 AM
I like the Seascape ones. Not sure I like them enough for the price though. And not that I need a leftie clip, but I like that they let you pick left or right now. If they did that before, I didn't notice.

eadwine
August 1st, 2016, 05:30 AM
That is fairly new. It has been there since last FOTM, not before.

I did get that blue with silver one, it is too pretty :) We'll see what happens when it gets here.

excentricat
August 1st, 2016, 10:52 AM
The seascape is very tempting for me.

leilan
August 5th, 2016, 05:31 PM
My town is having a festival today, and there was a Lilla Rose booth there. It looked like they were less expensive than online; I think mediums were $19. I've been wanting one for a while. I hate being poor! :steam: I wanted to buy one very badly.

QuietVixen
August 5th, 2016, 06:24 PM
I have a blue and floral Flexi-8. It's too small to use for updos though. I tend to use it similar to a barrette. It's pretty.

eadwine
August 9th, 2016, 06:14 AM
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/seaflexi2.jpg

Gabriel
August 9th, 2016, 06:31 AM
That looks pretty on you, eadwine! I ordered that one too :-)

lapushka
August 9th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Ooh that's a pretty one, eadwine! :)

eadwine
August 9th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Thanks Lapushka & Gabriel! Heh, the bun is a bit lopsided, but I wanted to show this off so bad ;)

lapushka
August 9th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Thanks! Heh, the bun is a bit lopsided, but I wanted to show this off so bad ;)

Oh my bun yesterday hung to the right, I just let it "hang". :lol: I'm in no mood to do my bun more than once, esp. not lately (PMS week). ;)

eadwine
August 9th, 2016, 07:02 AM
LOL Well it was ok with the other flexi when I was at work ;)

Theobroma
August 9th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Those colours are so pretty in your hair, eadwine!

eadwine
August 9th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Thank you Theobroma :)

eadwine
August 15th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Message from LR:

Dear

You recently placed an order at Lilla Rose for one or more August 2016 Flexi-of-the-Month "Seascape" hair clips.

It has come to our attention that the colored stone in the center of this style is affected by sunlight. Prolonged use outdoors can yellow the stone.

Over the next two weeks we will be automatically issuing replacements for any of these August 2016 Seascape's you have purchased. You do not need to do anything, we will automatically reship replacements to you free of charge. Please do not send your damaged Seascape Flexi clip back to us, you may keep or discard it.

For more information about this issue, please visit http://www.lillarose.biz/notices

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience while we remedy this situation.

All our best,
~ Lilla Rose

indeed the stone is yellowing. Not an issue though since they are fixing it :)

Gabriel
August 15th, 2016, 01:28 PM
I just looked at mine too after I got that message & it's yellowish. Probably the glue holding it in.

excentricat
August 16th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I don't think mine are any yellower yet, but they haven't really been in the sun either.

Tosca
August 16th, 2016, 11:07 PM
Hi, I'm considering buying a flexi, but I don't know what size to get. How do I figure this out? My circumference is 2.5in and tapers to almost nothing at the ends. I'm about 2 inches away from classic, or 106cm/just under 42in. I plan to use it for buns.

Crystawni
August 17th, 2016, 12:42 AM
Tosca, I'd guesstimate a large would suit you. If you're anywhere near the south-west of Brissy, mayhaps we could meet up and you could try all the sizes that I have. :)

Theobroma
August 17th, 2016, 02:19 AM
I second Crystawni's recommendation for a Large. I have a bit more thickness and a bit more length than you do, Tosca, but like you I have severe taper. My go-to size for buns these days is XL, but I can still use a Large for centre-held buns with no problem at all. And the weight of the XLs can be a problem; for a long time they'd sag in my hair after a couple of hours or so. (Just the pin of the XLs weighs almost 25g and whatever's on the loop can add almost as much again!)

Tosca
August 17th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Tosca, I'd guesstimate a large would suit you. If you're anywhere near the south-west of Brissy, mayhaps we could meet up and you could try all the sizes that I have. :)

I live about half an hour inland from Ballina, in north east NSW. I would love to meet up, but unfortunately, I don't have my license, so I rely on my parents or the bus for transport.

I think I will get a large size. If it is a little big, I can grow into it as I maintain to get rid of my taper, or just use it as a regular stick with pretties on in.

lapushka
August 17th, 2016, 06:59 AM
I live about half an hour inland from Ballina, in north east NSW. I would love to meet up, but unfortunately, I don't have my license, so I rely on my parents or the bus for transport.

I think I will get a large size. If it is a little big, I can grow into it as I maintain to get rid of my taper, or just use it as a regular stick with pretties on in.

Why not get both a M & a L? I am iii and could use a L for a LWB (this is a center held bun, mind you) at waist. It's been a hot minute since I last wore my pretties. I stick to a Quattro or Ravenslair fork these days. :) (They are pretty too. ;))

eadwine
August 18th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Could not resist the sale. Got the Ballet Slipper and the Turquoise Tranquility.

hobbitlocks
August 18th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Could not resist the sale. Got the Ballet Slipper and the Turquoise Tranquility.

I've so far only been able to resist because I've been thwarted by the website! :mad:

eadwine
August 19th, 2016, 12:14 AM
Try a different browser, firefox seems to be working nicely for me.

eadwine
August 19th, 2016, 07:15 AM
My ballerina client (danced at the royal ballet! and she teached as well) tried my flexi, she needs a size smaller... the end result?

Just ordered three flexis for her, including.. yep.. the ballet slipper :lol:

adastra
August 19th, 2016, 10:07 AM
I've so far only been able to resist because I've been thwarted by the website! :mad:

Their website drives me nuts! I've started making a list of products I want with product number and size, and then using Quick Order Mode (the little lightning bolt at the bottom of the page) to add all of the items of one type at once. It's saved me a lot of headaches.

I placed a nice order last night for a few Flexis, some discontinued sticks, and a bunch of bobbies. I also grabbed some longer straps for my headbands, since my head is too large and flat for their standard size.

I probably need to slow down on Flexi acquisition... ;)

hobbitlocks
August 19th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Try a different browser, firefox seems to be working nicely for me.

Oh eadwine, you are a beautiful enabler ;) I got a small and mini abby, a small flora metals, and a large holly (a christmas clip means this purchase counts as being proactive, I think) and the ball with stars and the calla lily sticks. I wish there were an emoji with shopping bags...

Adastra- the lightening ordering sounds dangerous! I think I would end up with a lot of flexis - but thank you for reminding me about the sticks. I had admired some of them a while ago then kind of forgotten about them... I would have been sad if the stars and calla lilly had been discontinued without my noticing! Plus, $6.50 is a good price for a pair of sticks, I think!

I'm continuously tempted by the Arwen (even with the danglies) but I can never decide how I'd wear it (half up? braid starter? Bun?) so I can never decide what size to get... I don't have any fancy occasions coming up anyway, so I passed for now.

eadwine
August 19th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Great that you got the site to work! *thumbs up*

lapushka
August 19th, 2016, 03:18 PM
My ballerina client (danced at the royal ballet! and she teached as well) tried my flexi, she needs a size smaller... the end result?

Just ordered three flexis for her, including.. yep.. the ballet slipper :lol:

So nice of you to let her try your flexi (I know they're prized possessions to most of us). I knew it would boil down to this, I just knew! LOL! :lol:

eadwine
August 19th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Yeah, she needs to learn how to use the things still, so I made that bun on her to try things out, but once she has her own she'll figure it out. I told her how to use it, I will tell her again when the three are here :)

I ended up staying two hours past my work time :lol: Oi. :lol:

adastra
August 19th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Adastra- the lightening ordering sounds dangerous! I think I would end up with a lot of flexis - but thank you for reminding me about the sticks. I had admired some of them a while ago then kind of forgotten about them... I would have been sad if the stars and calla lilly had been discontinued without my noticing! Plus, $6.50 is a good price for a pair of sticks, I think!

The sale price for the sticks is great! I don't think their sticks are wonderfully made (especially the older ones), but well worth a few bucks apiece.

The lightning ordering just lets you add to your cart in a batch, but thankfully you can edit your cart before checkout! I dumped something like $300 of items in my cart with a few clicks and then whittled it down to something more reasonable. :)

Tosca
August 19th, 2016, 09:18 PM
I just ordered a large turquoise and a medium montana. Yay for sales, otherwise I would have just got one. Also, $4 shipping to Australia. FOUR DOLLARS. Wow. That never happens.

eadwine
August 20th, 2016, 01:41 AM
Yup.. I am REALLY glad about that.

lapushka
August 20th, 2016, 04:22 AM
Yeah, she needs to learn how to use the things still, so I made that bun on her to try things out, but once she has her own she'll figure it out. I told her how to use it, I will tell her again when the three are here :)

I ended up staying two hours past my work time :lol: Oi. :lol:

OMG if that doesn't show you're into hair, I don't know what does. ;) :lol:

eadwine
August 20th, 2016, 05:10 AM
LOL We didn't only chat about hair you know ;)

lapushka
August 20th, 2016, 07:28 AM
LOL We didn't only chat about hair you know ;)

Oops, sorry. Thought it was all about the flexi, you know. :D Haha!

eadwine
August 20th, 2016, 08:28 AM
:lol:

Well.. both flexi orders are on their merry way to me, hopefully they will be in in two weeks time. I have printed the paypal overviews (I made two orders to stay below the customs limit, she knows about this) so I can show her what she owes me.

Her cell phone's browser did not show the pricing info by the way, so weird. At least I could show her what the things looked like and make an estimate from the overview on the main page that did hold the "from" prices.

Not that it really matters, this lady is relatively rich and comes from money, so.. *shrug* :)

I told her it wasn't real gold and all that hahaha, just wanted to make sure she knew that up front. She gasped when I said I have over 50 of these things, but did agree that since it is the ONLY thing I wear these days it is justified :lol:

lapushka
August 20th, 2016, 09:06 AM
I told her it wasn't real gold and all that hahaha, just wanted to make sure she knew that up front. She gasped when I said I have over 50 of these things, but did agree that since it is the ONLY thing I wear these days it is justified :lol:

It is justified if you wear them so often, like every day, right? Well then, gotta change it up some. It's how I feel about my Quattro's & Ravenslair pieces. Love them to bits, saved up for them and cherish every bit of them. And most importantly of all, wear them every day; so it's worth it!

AspenSong
September 1st, 2016, 10:43 AM
Ahhh, No money and I super want the FOTM.....Hot air balloon!! Too CUTE!

eadwine
September 1st, 2016, 11:28 AM
I didn't get that one, too expensive. I did get susannah :)

jennareid
September 1st, 2016, 11:55 AM
I was really excited about the bow one, because from the thumbnail it kind of looked like the outer and inner loops were both that twisted rope design. I was thinking "how does the outer rope have any flex?" until I realised it was beading, which I didn't like as much. Not a huge fan of the FOTM either. Saves me money, I guess! I was thinking of trying a mega next time, my XLs won't go around a cinnamon bun.

dulce
September 5th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Did anyone buy the light blue hot air FOM balloon and also take pics?

dulce
September 5th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Haven't bought a lilla rose in ages but that blue is calling me!

Tosca
September 5th, 2016, 09:10 PM
So, my flexis arrived today! I bought a medium and a large while they were on sale. My findings: the medium is good for centre held cinnabuns, but too small for LWBs. The large is good for LWBs, but too small for an outside held (you do the cinnabun and then secure it) cinnabun. I think I may go get myself an XL on the swap boards.

PS: Does anyone know where they are made? My father asked and I can't find any info on the site.

Kajzh
September 5th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know where they are made? My father asked and I can't find any info on the site.

All sources I found said they are made in China.

Tosca
September 6th, 2016, 12:11 AM
Update: I just thought to actually look at the packaging, and guess what, it's written there in plain english, 'Made in China'
https://s20.postimg.org/p2w0y75nh/20160906_160749.jpg

Groovy Granny
September 6th, 2016, 01:09 PM
All sources I found said they are made in China.

Update: I just thought to actually look at the packaging, and guess what, it's written there in plain english, 'Made in China'

CHINA :agape:

That fact slipped right by me; I thought they were made on site in CA :doh:

Then again....they were very helpful as I was just starting to grow longer lengths and try buns, that might not have deterred me :hmm:

I won't be letting the 6 I have (3sm/3med) go ....but I don't plan to buy any more either ... because I have enough) :lol:

RebekahE
September 6th, 2016, 01:26 PM
So, my flexis arrived today! I bought a medium and a large while they were on sale. My findings: the medium is good for centre held cinnabuns, but too small for LWBs. The large is good for LWBs, but too small for an outside held (you do the cinnabun and then secure it) cinnabun. I think I may go get myself an XL on the swap boards.

I think the XL will be to small. My hair is the same thickness as yours but shorter and a XL will not hold mine even if I do it oblong (or maybe it's oval) like the way they show on the website for extra long hair.

Tosca
September 6th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Are you talking about the thickness on my profile or the one I talked about in this thread? My hair is no longer 4in circumference, due to shedding and medication. It is now 2.5in circumference.

RebekahE
September 6th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Are you talking about the thickness on my profile or the one I talked about in this thread? My hair is no longer 4in circumference, due to shedding and medication. It is now 2.5in circumference.

Sorry, I was looking at your type which said ii/iiii below your avatar.

Tosca
September 6th, 2016, 08:08 PM
That's okay! I haven't changed it in my profile as my circumference should theoretically come back after I stop taking this medication (I have an appointment about it next month). There are one or two megas I have my eye on on the swap board, maybe I'll get them to grow into.

ETA: what is the size jump between the L, the XL and the mega, vs the size jump between the M and the L? Can someone post a photo? I was reading the archives of this thread and someone mentioned that the size jumps aren't even through all sizes.

RebekahE
September 7th, 2016, 09:49 AM
L and XL isn't much of a jump. M to L isn't to big either. XL to the mega is a big jump. I don't have any pictures though, sorry. I exchanged my L for XL.

adastra
September 7th, 2016, 10:14 AM
That's okay! I haven't changed it in my profile as my circumference should theoretically come back after I stop taking this medication (I have an appointment about it next month). There are one or two megas I have my eye on on the swap board, maybe I'll get them to grow into.

I've bought a few too-large-now Flexis with the same thing in mind. I lost about 30% of my hair last year due to health issues, and while it's growing back now in the most adorable/frustrating "halo"... it'll be a long time before that regrowth has propagated through the length. But I know I'll need bigger toys when it does! So I'm buying some Ls for now... and XLs for later. :)

Theobroma
September 7th, 2016, 02:22 PM
ETA: what is the size jump between the L, the XL and the mega, vs the size jump between the M and the L? Can someone post a photo? I was reading the archives of this thread and someone mentioned that the size jumps aren't even through all sizes.

L to XL is a full inch in pin length. The size of the loop can vary from style to style, but it's invariably a large step up from the large.

Tosca
September 7th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Okay, I asked my dad how far the L is from closing around my whole cinnabun, and he said about an inch. So I think I will get an XL. Does anyone know often Lilla Rose has sales?

eadwine
September 7th, 2016, 10:08 PM
One just happened, so I would wait a little while. Halloween is also approaching again, so maybe there will be one around that time.

Shiranshoku
September 8th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Aaargh!

So I ordered my first flexi, didn't think that customs would be an issue and ended up paying 100 € for an xl flexi, 2 pairs of u-pins and a hairstick. I feel miserable.

On the other hand, those u-pins... I love them. They feel better than any other hairtoy I have. I got plain ones and a pair with a topper and I love them both.

So, my wallet is drained and I want all. The. U-pins. Sad day.

eadwine
September 8th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Man, that sucks. Did you order in one big bulk?? Flexi ALWAYS puts the value on the envelopes.. :/

Shiranshoku
September 8th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Yep. I figured there would be a 21 % increase, for the VAT. But there was a handling fee, too. It's absurd, really. :-(

Theobroma
September 8th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Ugh, Shiranshoku, that really sucks!

Here in my country there's a handling fee too. Over and above the customs charge, the post office charges an extra €10 or so for collecting the customs charge from the recipient! It's highway robbery, pure and simple. :(

eadwine
September 8th, 2016, 10:41 AM
13 here.. it's on the customs internet pages somewhere.. so.. I'd rather cough up an extra $4 in shipping than the $14.50 roughly it would at LEAST cost me otherwise.

Bezumi
September 8th, 2016, 10:54 AM
My offer just arrived ! 31euros of custom fees, how nice :p
I got :
Anchor's Aweigh size M
Proeminent Dragonfly size L
Rosé sticks
A free gigantic scarf haha.

Action shots when I can get a hold of my boyfriend :p

I'm 2 inches above waist lenght and a 5 inches ponytail, and the L won't fit much except a French Twist, unless I'm not doing the buns the right way.
Any idea on something that would work on me with the size L ?
Otherwise I'm in love, they're so pretty !

Theobroma
September 8th, 2016, 11:05 AM
If you can get a Large around your ponytail you should, perhaps with a bit of a learning curve, be able to make it work in a centre-held bun. Have you tried it in a Nautilus?

hobbitlocks
September 8th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I second Theomroma. I have a medium that works for LWB, but I have to go up a size to do a french twist. I feel like if you can secure a twist with it, it should work in a center held bun.

Shiranshoku
September 9th, 2016, 05:34 AM
It won't happen again, that's for sure.

Could I get some feedback on my sizing? I'll add an action picture. It's a very sloppy cinnabun, sorry :-)
I've resized it, but the preview post still shows the picture as absurdly huge, I *think* it'll update soon. If not, I'll take it down!

http://i.imgur.com/vAgUh0T.jpg?1

Now, I prefer the look of the bun completely encased in the flexi 'cage', but I can't do that. It refuses to close when I try to.
So now, I make my cinnabun, secure it with u-pins and then pop the flexi on the front of the bun. It's purely decorative, and doesn't hold the bun itself secure to my head.
Should I have gone a size up? Or should I change the moment I insert the flexi? I coil my hair up completely before putting it in.

I like the look, but the insertion itself is very difficult and I feel that I'm going to damage the flexi itself by bending it so harshly to get the pin-stick-thingy through.

My hair is bcl/tbl, fine to medium in texture, and pony thickness is average. A Mega would be way too big, no? The one I have is an XL.

Bezumi
September 9th, 2016, 05:53 AM
So my problem was that I didn't know any center-held bun so I was only trying to secure a cinnabun and similar buns, and these obviously were too big for a large!
An evening of Youtube tutorials and that was fixed, it works great with center held buns. Wearing a LWB right now : holds like a rock and the flexi is so pretty !
Thanks guys :) Pictures later !

eadwine
September 9th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Shiranshoku the mega is WAYYY too large for you if this is an XL. It looks like the perfect size for you, you could even go a size smaller by the looks.

lapushka
September 9th, 2016, 06:29 AM
There is a big size difference between the XL & the mega, *very* true, you'd be surprised. But it looks like you have an outer coil on your cinnabun that isn't contained in the flexi right now, or am I seeing this wrong?

Shiranshoku
September 9th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Shiranshoku the mega is WAYYY too large for you if this is an XL. It looks like the perfect size for you, you could even go a size smaller by the looks.

So it's really supposed to be such a struggle to put it in? All the video's make it look so easy :/
I have to fight with the left most coil of the 8 to be able to jam the stick through. It's also difficult to take out.

There is a big size difference between the XL & the mega, *very* true, you'd be surprised. But it looks like you have an outer coil on your cinnabun that isn't contained in the flexi right now, or am I seeing this wrong?
Yep. And I prefer the look when the entire bun is in the cage. But my main problem is that the flexi is about an inch away from my scalp, so it's not secure.

It looks big enough to me, too, so I'm hoping I'm simply doing something wrong.

Shiranshoku
September 9th, 2016, 07:17 AM
So my problem was that I didn't know any center-held bun so I was only trying to secure a cinnabun and similar buns, and these obviously were too big for a large!
An evening of Youtube tutorials and that was fixed, it works great with center held buns. Wearing a LWB right now : holds like a rock and the flexi is so pretty !
Thanks guys :) Pictures later !

Looks like I'm having the same problem... Darn, I can't do a lazy wrap for the life of me!

jennareid
September 16th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Flash sale going on right now - up to 50% off

eadwine
September 16th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Got me Enchanting and Regina. It was so cheap that I felt it was worth getting me one. Normally I steer clear from the tubings because I don't know how long they will last.

jennareid
September 16th, 2016, 10:45 AM
I bought a large Keltic Lore and a mega Atonia. I've been meaning to try both those sizes but didn't want to pay full price as I'm not sure they'll work for me. I'm hoping the L will work like a barrette for twists (M is way too small, XL isn't tight enough) and the mega for cinnabuns (XL is too small).

Tosca
September 16th, 2016, 05:16 PM
I got an XL Blue Marguerite, an XL Sable, an L Adamine and an L Atonia.

adastra
September 17th, 2016, 05:48 AM
I used this sale to stock up on bobbies and u-pins! I've fallen in love with using pins to secure my buns for times when a stick seems impractical or less refined. After completely failing at u-pins on my early tries, they're working really well these days! So getting a couple of 50% off styles, plus a free pair for spending $60+, means I've got a few more options coming my way.

I was also excited to see the Seascape flexi return, after I'd waited too long to get a L last month. Mine!

Theobroma
September 17th, 2016, 01:35 PM
So I went back and got Elegance as well, since I've been eyeing it forever. :)

I haven't yet received a shipping notice for the order I placed yesterday afternoon. Can they be relied on NOT to combine the two orders? Because if they do, the combined value is going to mean customs charges...

two_wheels
September 17th, 2016, 02:21 PM
So I went back and got Elegance as well, since I've been eyeing it forever. :)

I haven't yet received a shipping notice for the order I placed yesterday afternoon. Can they be relied on NOT to combine the two orders? Because if they do, the combined value is going to mean customs charges...
They've always shipped separately for me. I've done two orders a couple of minutes apart before and they arrived separately.

eadwine
September 17th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Same here. If you pay shipping for two orders you will get shipped two orders.

If they were to somehow ship the two orders as one I, on my part, would DEFINITELY hold them accountable for either the $4 I paid in vain OR that plus the entire fine, depending on what happens when it arrives. I am a nice person, but I have my limits ;) When I place two orders, I want them shipped as two.

But I wouldn't worry, as I have never had it happen that separately paid for orders were shipped into one package and I have been ordering these things for YEARS now. :)

Theobroma
September 17th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Mmmmph, double post. No idea how that happened!

Theobroma
September 17th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Thanks, two_wheels and eadwine! That's good to know. :)

I was actually tempted by the cameo one as well. The only thing that's stopping me is that I hardly ever wear blue...

animetor7
September 18th, 2016, 03:37 AM
Hey regular flexi users!! I'm looking into getting some new hairtoys and among the toys I've been eyeing are flexi-8s. My question is what size should I buy? I'm thinking either larger or extra large because I have hip length hair that is fine, but a ii thickness and it's straight so it tends towards being heavy and slippery, so it can be a bit much for some hair toys to hold up. Thanks everyone!!!

Bezumi
September 18th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Aaaw, was on vacation and missed the sale even though I wanted another one :( Bummer.
Here's an action shot of my Prominent Dragonfly flexi, in an end-of-the-day bun, sorry for the messiness :p
http://i.imgur.com/jnRTVks.jpg

eadwine
September 18th, 2016, 04:51 AM
Hey regular flexi users!! I'm looking into getting some new hairtoys and among the toys I've been eyeing are flexi-8s. My question is what size should I buy? I'm thinking either larger or extra large because I have hip length hair that is fine, but a ii thickness and it's straight so it tends towards being heavy and slippery, so it can be a bit much for some hair toys to hold up. Thanks everyone!!!

My hair is also ii, and I could use a medium all the way down from BSL till tailbone. Beyond that not a clue, but I have two larges that I can use as well though I have to insert and exit the pin in the outer most part of the bun or I won't have enough hold. Currently at waist. So I'd wager an L at least would work for you :) Careful because the jump to XL is NOT a small one.

animetor7
September 18th, 2016, 12:31 PM
My hair is also ii, and I could use a medium all the way down from BSL till tailbone. Beyond that not a clue, but I have two larges that I can use as well though I have to insert and exit the pin in the outer most part of the bun or I won't have enough hold. Currently at waist. So I'd wager an L at least would work for you :) Careful because the jump to XL is NOT a small one.

Thanks for your reply!! I'm thinking I might get one medium, one large, and one extra large. That way if the medium works great and I'll grow into the other two and if the large works, I'll have the medium for half-ups and can grow into the extra large. I'll likely have to grow into the extra large but would like to have it just in case. And I'm not too concerned about having something too big. My goal is currently terminal, so I figure eventually I'll grow into it. :)

eadwine
September 18th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Good plan! :) Glad to help :)

jennareid
September 21st, 2016, 09:13 PM
My order came today. The large doesn't really work for me, might have to try it in a half up or something. The mega works in a cinnamon bun if I pull it up high (which I don't normally like to do). Looks alright though.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/Mobile%20Uploads/received_10153995600740753_zpsswddkkql.jpeg

Shiranshoku
September 22nd, 2016, 02:04 AM
I have an Extra Large for my ii tailbone length hair. It took some getting used to, but it's definitely the right size for me. My hair is also quite heavy and slippery.
I'm on the thicker side of ii, though.

Christine_O
September 22nd, 2016, 12:34 PM
This is my first medium flexi. It was the first Flexi I bought because I knew nothing about the sizing. My hair was still so short I couldn't even fit it all into one poinytail. I just started wearing this lovely a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise I wear xs.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t642/caopland/Owl_flexi_9-22-16_2_zpsxskqdrdj.jpg (http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/caopland/media/Owl_flexi_9-22-16_2_zpsxskqdrdj.jpg.html)

eadwine
October 1st, 2016, 08:09 AM
Run on over to the LR site folks! :D

Got me the bat.

sourgrl
October 1st, 2016, 09:22 AM
Would any brunettes with dark metal flexis mind sharing action pics of them? I picked up a bat but I'm worried he's going to disappear in my hair :(

Shorty89
October 1st, 2016, 09:23 AM
I wish I had the money to buy the bat and the web. :(

melesine
October 1st, 2016, 09:52 AM
I'm so excited the October flexi's are out. I only got the large charlottes web in the past before they were gone. Today I ordered an XS charlottes web and bat for half ups, a large bat, the bat u-pins, the dragon u-pins ( I love my dragon flexi's) and I got the clear headband for my freebie. I went a little crazy but I haven't ordered anything in awhile. First day of October so I think I'll have to wear my large charlottes web today.

Shiranshoku
October 1st, 2016, 11:59 AM
I just ordered the dragon u-pins. I hope I won't have the same issue with customs this time!

eadwine
October 1st, 2016, 12:04 PM
If you didn't go over the 22 euro limit you should not have an issue :)

Theobroma
October 1st, 2016, 12:28 PM
Hmm. I don't care for bats and spiders and the fox ones are OK but don't really call to me either, but Autumn Compass is really nice! I only just bought some stuff during the last sale, but I might have to splurge one if I still like it as much in a few days... :)

Red.
October 1st, 2016, 12:46 PM
Oooh that bat one is cool! Bats are so cute. I haven't bought a flexi in a while so I might just go for it.

eadwine
October 1st, 2016, 12:49 PM
Same here.. I saw it and I jumped on it right away :lol:

melesine
October 1st, 2016, 01:42 PM
Wow, I already got an email that my flexi's shipped and I only ordered this morning. That was fast.

eadwine
October 1st, 2016, 01:47 PM
Oh wow.. I hope I will get an email soon as well! I just cannot wait haha

Bezumi
October 1st, 2016, 01:48 PM
I don't really care much for Halloween stuff, but god, that Autumn compass is gorgeous... Must...resist !

dulce
October 2nd, 2016, 11:34 AM
I bought a xs bat!

Tosca
October 3rd, 2016, 10:56 PM
My flexis arrived today, and the XL is definitely the right size for my cinnabuns.

melesine
October 4th, 2016, 09:43 AM
My order arrived today. I love everything. It's my first time trying the headbands, and I love that I now have another way to keep my hair pulled back while my helix piercing heals as my hair kept pulling on it when it would move forward and back of my shoulder. The clear crystal looks great with my black hair too.

The bat is fabulous. I noticed that the XS bat and charlotte seem to hold my half ups better than the dragon flexi of the same size. I think it might be because the dragon is heavier and also it has that smooth rubber instead of being all beads. The dragon was my only XS flexi. The large bat flexi is more noticeable than the u-pins even in my dark hair.

This is also my first order of their u-pins. The bat u-pins are subtle in my hair but that's ok with me because hey it's bats, and I love bats. I love the dragon u-pins and they really stand out with their brightness and size.

I'm already planning my next order, I want those skull and crossbones bobbies which weren't in stock yet, and multi size flexis and u-pins in the winter wonderland that I never ordered last year. I wish I hadn't debated so long because I wasn't sure on what sizes to get and ordered a long time ago.

I'll try and get some pictures to post.

melesine
October 4th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Here's a picture of the bat flexi in a messy french twist.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Arduinna64/IMG_0754.jpg

eadwine
October 5th, 2016, 12:18 AM
Love it!!!

sourgrl
October 5th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Melesine thanks for the action shot of the bat. Looks great! Good to see the bat stands out well against dark hair :)

melesine
October 5th, 2016, 07:42 PM
The bat does stand out decently even with dark hair.

I'm having some trouble with my headband though. It slid off the back of my head twice today. I didn't think I was wearing it very far back. I'm not sure what the problem is. It's pretty hard to get on, because I need to be careful of my helix piercing that's still healing so I try and get it over that ear first. I've been putting it around my neck and sliding it up my face and over my ears. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Llama
October 5th, 2016, 07:54 PM
A flexi 8 clip was my very first LHC "hairtoy". I got this moon and star one in a size Small and it held up all my hair when it was around shoulder/apl. I wore it all the time until I outgrew it. (Still works for half ups)

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt178/photoz_by_amy/9bd2bad0-8ea0-4825-8b31-b8c32f8c4569_zpsvsxfjld9.jpg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/photoz_by_amy/media/9bd2bad0-8ea0-4825-8b31-b8c32f8c4569_zpsvsxfjld9.jpg.html)

Then after I hit BSL or so I got another in size Large and I just never really wore it. Seemed too big for some styles and too small for buns. But I was on the Lilla Rose site yesterday and saw some of their hair videos/tutorials and found this updo that I really like. And Lo and behold my Large flexi works perfectly for it!

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt178/photoz_by_amy/ec58b28b-b90d-4972-bf6b-5b239574a433_zpssmrxggcd.jpg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/photoz_by_amy/media/ec58b28b-b90d-4972-bf6b-5b239574a433_zpssmrxggcd.jpg.html)

I like styles that look messy but aren't actually messy (do not want tangles) and I think I will be wearing this often. Which means I am probably going to get another flexi clip or 2. I am leaning towards the new spider web one. :)

animetor7
October 5th, 2016, 08:11 PM
I just ordered my first two flexis!!! I got the calla lily in large because I think it will look pretty against auburn hair. I really like the foxes a lot, but I think they'd disappear on my hair color, so I got the bat, which should show up nicely. Bonus, on my more orangey ends I think the black will look very October appropriate. :) Now I just have to summon the patience to wait for them to get here!

ETA melesine I love the bat in your hair!!! I like how the black beads surrounding him sort of fade to the background making the bat pop!

Quasiquixotic
October 5th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Llama what style is that. It's beautiful!

Llama
October 5th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Llama what style is that. It's beautiful!

Thank you! I couldn't remember exactly which video I watched last night but it was actually a mixture of their "french twist" and "messy up". Basically I just followed their french twist video (which isn't a french twist to me at all) and pulled on pieces to make it look messier. Had to improvise with some extra twisting since my hair is longer than the model's.

JadedByEntropy
October 5th, 2016, 09:41 PM
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt178/photoz_by_amy/ec58b28b-b90d-4972-bf6b-5b239574a433_zpssmrxggcd.jpg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/photoz_by_amy/media/ec58b28b-b90d-4972-bf6b-5b239574a433_zpssmrxggcd.jpg.html)

Thats an amazing color combo. looks great in your hair!

--
I haven't even looked at flexis since they brought out those stickless 8s (what was that about?!) but i saw the fox on facebook and had to run and get one! (it looks just like my fox!) xD now i wait!

eadwine
October 6th, 2016, 11:31 AM
A flexi 8 clip was my very first LHC "hairtoy". I got this moon and star one in a size Small and it held up all my hair when it was around shoulder/apl. I wore it all the time until I outgrew it. (Still works for half ups)

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt178/photoz_by_amy/9bd2bad0-8ea0-4825-8b31-b8c32f8c4569_zpsvsxfjld9.jpg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/photoz_by_amy/media/9bd2bad0-8ea0-4825-8b31-b8c32f8c4569_zpsvsxfjld9.jpg.html)

Why don't they bring this back.. it's beautiful!

melesine
October 6th, 2016, 11:45 AM
I just ordered my first two flexis!!! I got the calla lily in large because I think it will look pretty against auburn hair. I really like the foxes a lot, but I think they'd disappear on my hair color, so I got the bat, which should show up nicely. Bonus, on my more orangey ends I think the black will look very October appropriate. :) Now I just have to summon the patience to wait for them to get here!

ETA melesine I love the bat in your hair!!! I like how the black beads surrounding him sort of fade to the background making the bat pop!

Thanks, I'm wearing it out today. I love the red beads in it also.

Llama
October 6th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Thats an amazing color combo. looks great in your hair!

--
I haven't even looked at flexis since they brought out those stickless 8s (what was that about?!) but i saw the fox on facebook and had to run and get one! (it looks just like my fox!) xD now i wait!

Thank you :) I saw those stickless ones, too. It says to use your own stick with it...
Also, you have your own fox? Lucky!

Why don't they bring this back.. it's beautiful!

I know! I wish I had gotten it in a larger size back then because I prefer the style of it over my other one.

JadedByEntropy
October 6th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Thank you :) I saw those stickless ones, too. It says to use your own stick with it...
Also, you have your own fox? Lucky!

well...its a schipperke/husky which looks exactly like a fox, but brown like the charm. I'll have to do a comparison shot when it comes in. it already shipped this morning!

hobbitlocks
October 7th, 2016, 11:19 AM
I can't wait to see the comparison shots, Jaded.

My boyfriend and I met at a Halloween party and I was dressed up as a fox that year, so I feel like I need one but am trying to decide which styles I'm most likely to wear it in (aka what size to get). Plus I like both day and night so hopefully I make up my mind by the end of the month! ;)

JadedByEntropy
October 8th, 2016, 04:34 PM
I got the night because my hair is ash and dark, so bright copper clashes, but i love both. I have more of the XL size, so i got a M for an everyday pony holder. since it means more as an anniversary thing for you- maybe an updo size would be formal for more anniversaries <3

Cinnamonagouti
October 10th, 2016, 03:10 AM
Hi!

I'm planning on purchasing my first flexis (I've wanted one since forever!), and would need some help with sizing. I want one for centre-held buns, and then either one for half-ups or one that fits "all around" a bun, e.g a cinnabun. My ponytail circumference is 9 cm and this is what my LWB looks like with a 15 cm hair stick (sorry for the very bad quality...). Some buns, for example disc bun, eats away a bit more of the length of the stick, though.

http://i68.tinypic.com/33a9mr5.png

missblueeyes
October 10th, 2016, 12:53 PM
@Cinnamonagouti: I'd go for an XL for most buns. I had troubles fitting in my L's with less circumfence and lenght than you have right now. :)

MidnightMoon
October 12th, 2016, 01:00 PM
ugh Im so tempted by Autumn Compass, Bat and even the Jack-e-lantern! I love Halloween and I just love cute spooky orange things :(

MidnightMoon
October 12th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Hi!

I'm planning on purchasing my first flexis (I've wanted one since forever!), and would need some help with sizing. I want one for centre-held buns, and then either one for half-ups or one that fits "all around" a bun, e.g a cinnabun. My ponytail circumference is 9 cm and this is what my LWB looks like with a 15 cm hair stick (sorry for the very bad quality...). Some buns, for example disc bun, eats away a bit more of the length of the stick, though.

http://i68.tinypic.com/33a9mr5.png

well it really depends
you could get away with anything ranging from M to XL depending on where you put the clip. If you want to hold ALL of your bun then yeah, go with and XL but eventually you might grow out even that. However, you can basically do any bun and pin the clip in the center, on a side, on top, etc. and wouldn't need the largest size. I know KittyBird does this, heres her blog with pics
http://kittybirdsjourney.blogspot.com.es/p/hairtoy-action-pictures.html
I understand it might be even more comfortable to wear than pinning your whole bun with the clip...

Caitrìona
October 14th, 2016, 01:16 PM
My order arrived today, I'm so glad I got the Autumn Compass in the end :o

https://s22.postimg.org/gtrd1bzgh/DSC06274.jpghttps://s22.postimg.org/e0y5haz41/DSC06280.jpg
https://s22.postimg.org/op1wg5935/DSC06289.jpg

animetor7
October 14th, 2016, 01:44 PM

https://s22.postimg.org/gtrd1bzgh/DSC06274.jpghttps://s22.postimg.org/e0y5haz41/DSC06280.jpg

So pretty!!! The Autumn compass is gorgeous against your dark hair!! I was eyeing it, but I think it would just disappear against my hair color, bummer. I love the dragon stick!! It looks nice nestled against the bun, like it's guarding it or something. :)

Cinnamonagouti
October 14th, 2016, 03:30 PM
well it really depends
you could get away with anything ranging from M to XL depending on where you put the clip. If you want to hold ALL of your bun then yeah, go with and XL but eventually you might grow out even that. However, you can basically do any bun and pin the clip in the center, on a side, on top, etc. and wouldn't need the largest size. I know KittyBird does this, heres her blog with pics
http://kittybirdsjourney.blogspot.com.es/p/hairtoy-action-pictures.html
I understand it might be even more comfortable to wear than pinning your whole bun with the clip...
I want to be able to wear the stick like a regular hairstick, i.e only the stick and no pins. So I'm probably going with L or XL, then. :) Oh, and her hair looks amazing!

@Cinnamonagouti: I'd go for an XL for most buns. I had troubles fitting in my L's with less circumfence and lenght than you have right now. :)
Thanks for the response! Is there a very significant difference in size between L and XL? And it is possible to adjust the flexi a bit, right (the stick has three different "hacks" where you put the 8)? Because I'm planning on maintaining for a while to thicken up my hemline, or even cut back to hip - so if I get an XL maybe it would fit both while maintaining and when I start growing again depending on how I adjust it... Or maybe I'm thinking too much into this. I'm just anxious to get the right size right away :P. Now I just have to decide which ones to get. I adore the Autumn Compass, and Flitter was the one that caught my eye the first time I visited their page (a year or two ago) - I just love that green colour. I really like the Keltic Lore too, a bit more discreet (and wooden pearls!) than the other two. Oh, and the foxes...

The Autumn Compass looks gorgeous against your hair! I really like that one, but I'm not sure it would look good against my medium blonde hair. Hm...

CindyOfTheOaks
October 14th, 2016, 06:07 PM

Yes ! That compass is beautiful !
The bottom one - is that a stick ? Love it !
The stone looks like hematite !

Caitrìona
October 15th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Thanks everyone :o
CindyOfTheOaks, the last one is one of the Dragon U-pins :)

CindyOfTheOaks
October 15th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Thanks everyone :o
CindyOfTheOaks, the last one is one of the Dragon U-pins :)

Woo-hoo ! Thank You !

animetor7
October 16th, 2016, 02:42 PM
My order just arrived!! I can just barely get the medium flexi to work with a center-held bun, but the large is a bit more comfortable. I'll have to experiment more to see which buns work best for flexis that are a bit too small to hold all the hair. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to order an extra large next time. :)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/animetor77/IMG_2189_zps7gz4u18m.jpg
Large silver lily(I don't think that's what it's actually called, but that's what it looks like). Bad lighting so you can't see the detail or the colors well, there's a lot of sunshine in my room right now so the glare struggle is real. Hopefully I'll be able to get a better picture later.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/animetor77/IMG_2190_zpsdqvcxxbb.jpg
Medium bat as others have shown. :)

eadwine
October 17th, 2016, 01:04 AM
Finally had the bat somewhat in focus. It is tricky taking a pic from behind you when you cannot see what you are doing! :lol:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/batnews.jpg