PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

swirlytresses
April 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3420946589_12f04038fb_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3420946589_12f04038fb_b.jpg)

Here is my complete collection of Flexi-8s. :D They are XS, S, 2 M:s, L and XL. I love them all, but the XL is my favorite, because it covers a bun very easily and since it's blue it matches most of my clothes perfectly.. :rolleyes:

Oh, oh, oh!! I'm envious! :(

dcmo
April 7th, 2009, 07:03 PM
You all have beautiful collections and I'm so easily enabled! Trust me, it doesn't take much haha. I ordered two mediums and two larges. My hair is only shoulder length right now, but pretty thick! I hope they will work out. Will post pics when I get them!

paper
April 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
SolSara, I love your collection! I have 3 like yours, you have good taste. :p

dcmo
April 15th, 2009, 05:29 PM
You all have beautiful collections and I'm so easily enabled! Trust me, it doesn't take much haha. I ordered two mediums and two larges. My hair is only shoulder length right now, but pretty thick! I hope they will work out. Will post pics when I get them!
I got mine today! Now I realize that my hair is much thicker than I initially thought. Reading this thread I started debating if I should have got a small for a half up. I've just played around with them quickly but the medium is perfect for a half up. I'm not quite long enough for a french twist yet, but I think the large will be perfect. I'll post pics once I officially get one in and to show you what I got :D

Jessaka
April 15th, 2009, 05:33 PM
^mmMmhmMM, post pics :) I want to see! lol...and wow a medium for half up, you must have alot/thick hair!!! I use a small for half ups.

//edit

Flexi-8 has NEW GOLD STYLES & FREE SHIPPING promotion from Thurs-Sun for orders over $25 :)

Hope you guys get what you want (I'm still on a buying ban {by bf})........

HildeMV
April 16th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I went ahead and ordered 5 with the free shipping. And I got a 20 dollar discount because of the buy 4 get 1 free special.

@Jessaka: Ban? Why?

Jessaka
April 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
HildeMV - Oh sorry I didn't mean that the site banned me, my bf has banned me from buying anything because I have been overspending on stuff, especially handbags and hair stuff, LOL. We're trying to save up for a trip, and it doesn't help when I buy $100+ worth of hair stuff plus $150+ worth of bags a month LOL.

AngelInDisguise
April 17th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Oh dear, I should have waited a bit longer to enlarge my collection - I missed the free shipping!

Nevertheless I now have three new ones in large (right side the three from top) and two new ones in medium (second and third from down the left side).

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5120/dsc00083wty.th.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00083wty.jpg)
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4012/dsc00061l.th.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00061l.jpg)
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7196/dsc00079i.th.jpg (http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00079i.jpg)

Jessaka
April 17th, 2009, 01:24 AM
^OMG, your collection is TDF! *drools*

paper
April 17th, 2009, 05:25 AM
You have a gorgeous collection AngelInDisguise!

sibylla
April 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
It´s a huge difference between some flexis and those with stones. My hair only likes those with stones because it´s so slippery. I only need a large if it´s with big stones otherwize I need XL.Thought you should know.

AngelInDisguise
April 18th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Thanks Jassaka and Paper! Always trying to enable. ;)

Pierre
April 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I'm going to get me two tinies and a medium. That should fit me out with the whole range of sizes I need.

Akiko
April 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I am thinking about getting more flexis next time they offer free shipping.

Could someone tell me which size I should get for a ponytail as well as half-ups? My pony circumference is around 2.5"-2.75" (6.5-7.0cm). S for pony, XS for half-ups?

swirlytresses
April 21st, 2009, 08:02 PM
I'm getting ready to place an order myself since I just had my birthday. I think I'm going to get a small, 2 mediums, and 2 larges. I already have an XL from a swap and this convinced me I need more Flexi's. I plan on using the small for half ups, medium for ponies, large for buns and french twists, and XL for buns. I will post pics when I get them all. I can't wait! :cheese:

swirlytresses
April 21st, 2009, 08:06 PM
Does anyone have pictures of flexi's in antique brass with wood beads and one in the black nickel? I want to see which is darker and would blend in better with my black hair. Thanks!

KarenLynn
April 22nd, 2009, 06:08 AM
swirlytresses - I have one in antiquated brass, although without wood beads, and one in black nickel. The pictures are either in this thread somewhere, or definitely in my hair toy album.

HildeMV
April 22nd, 2009, 06:40 AM
Thet arrived to Norway in just 6 days, I ordered them Thursday. Isn't that awesome? And I'm really liking the XL.

swirlytresses
April 22nd, 2009, 07:50 AM
swirlytresses - I have one in antiquated brass, although without wood beads, and one in black nickel. The pictures are either in this thread somewhere, or definitely in my hair toy album.

KarenLynn thank you very much! I see now that the black nickel would probably work best for my hair at blending in. I don't want anything shiny or flashy, and this looks like it will work. Thanks again!

KarenLynn
April 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
swirlytresses - you're welcome. Always happy to help enable! ;)

Jessaka
April 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Random: Since I cut my hair, my hair now all fits in a small :( It used to fit a medium...sad.

Loviatar
April 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
I have a question. So my hair isnt that long, but a medium won't hold my cinnamon bun. It's way off. Do I get Large or XL?
It's ridiculous really, I'm only a 3 inch circumference and 23 inch long hair but no luck with medium Flexis at all.

I am drooling over the gold one with green beads on the Flexi site. Enablers!! *shakes fist*

Akiko
April 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
I have a question. So my hair isnt that long, but a medium won't hold my cinnamon bun. It's way off. Do I get Large or XL?
It's ridiculous really, I'm only a 3 inch circumference and 23 inch long hair but no luck with medium Flexis at all.

I am drooling over the gold one with green beads on the Flexi site. Enablers!! *shakes fist*

I hope someone much similar to your circumference will give you more definite answer. But I have a feeling that your cinnabun might be between L and XL. L is too small, but XL is too large.

My circumference is smaller than yours (2.5-2.75). The current length is 27". I have several large flexis. They are a bit too small to go over my cinnabun. Perfect for a french twist.

I don't own XL, but gathered from other posts and pictures that XL is quite a bit larger than L.

Can you make a nautilus bun (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=466690622319220011)? My medium works perfect for nautilus. Just catch the middle part of the bun with the stick of a flexi and secure.
So if you own a medium and not being used, it might work that way. L size also works fine for nautilus, too.

Well, I am not sure if this helped... :rolleyes:

RavennaNight
April 23rd, 2009, 11:16 AM
I have a question for the lovely enablers here:D. If my hair is between 3-3.25 inches circumferance, and it is 30.75 inches in length, and the hairs are a medium thickness, what size should I get for a full bun? I was thinking a large or should I go for XL? I have never tried these but they are gorgeous!

HildeMV
April 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
I use XL for a full bun.

swirlytresses
April 23rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
I just ordered a small, medium, and a large.....and I already have an XL. I can't wait to get these!! :cheese:

HildeMV
April 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Because I'm bored. :p

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/HildeMari/IMG_6834.jpg

It was difficult getting a clear picture of them all at once. I can take closeup if someone wants it.

swirlytresses
April 24th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Very pretty assortment. Thanks for sharing.

Sherri
April 24th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Because I'm bored. :p

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/HildeMari/IMG_6834.jpg

It was difficult getting a clear picture of them all at once. I can take closeup if someone wants it.

I love the gold/green beads celtic knot. What size is yours? Must resist buying though.

Pixna
April 24th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Lovely collection, Hilde! It's amazing how different they all look!

paper
April 24th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Nice colorful collection Hilde! I like the gold with green beads. Funny, I don't like gold or green, usually. :D

HildeMV
April 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks all. :)

The green is a nice emerald green, and that one is a small.

I think that one and the rainbow cluster one are new. At least I haven't seen them before.

And those are 1 x XL, 2xL, 1xM,2xS,2xXs and one mini. Yes, I do find uses for all sizes. :D

paper
April 24th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Oh, I love that rainbow cluster one. I might have to check that one out! :D

Jessaka
April 24th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Your collection is beautiful, Hilde ^__^

Lena43
April 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I just orderd some Flexis, but I was really unsure about the sizes. I'll get 2 in small, 2 medium and 1 large.
I'm really bad, i don't know yet if ill like them but still orderd 5. :twisted:

patience
April 27th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I got suckered in last night. Bought 1 mini and an extra small for half-ups. I don't even wear half-ups :o. I guess, I will have to make an exception to my "year up challenge" and put a few half-ups in there.

SheWolf
April 27th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I'm a convert. :bowtome: I was convinced I was hopeless in terms of learning to put my hair up, but I just did in record time. :cheese:

Feng-Shui
April 28th, 2009, 06:01 AM
My collection Flexi 8.
I have which in each size.
On the lowest Picture all are in Size XL.
From my favorites has I unite doubly or three-way. With some updos I need more than only one.

http://www.minvitin1.com/IMG_0061.JPG

Here some with the work in my hair.

http://www.minvitin1.com/aug5.JPG

http://www.minvitin1.com/aug6.JPG

Pixna
April 28th, 2009, 06:56 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feng-Shui, you must have the largest Flexi collection on the planet!!!!!! Not only are they all beautiful, they look absolutely amazing in your hair. You certainly are creative with them -- I never would have thought about using more than one.

You are the Flexi QUEEN!!! :queen:

Feng-Shui
April 28th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Thank you for the nice radix complement Pixna. :flowers:

I love the Flexi also very only to decorate.

In the films of Bollywood the women carry often for decoration down their whole braid.

I find so beautiful and thought the Flexi am very well suitably around such things to be converted.

Like that I have noticed it am good to have different sizes with same decoration.

Sherri
April 28th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Feng-Shui is it just me or do the decoration in the middle of some of your flexi's seem extremely large. Are these older ones that they do not have anymore or is it just the picture?

Feng-Shui
April 28th, 2009, 08:27 AM
@Sherri

Some models are to be had not more.

I bought for the last time Flexi more than one year ago.

It is well possible it the models older is.

With examine the website flexi has I seen it many new models to have now.

I find the new design also very beautiful, but my need is covered.

I need for the moment no further flexi more.

Jessaka
April 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM
OMG FEING-SHUI!!! That is a DROOLWORTHY collection!!!!!!

Pierre
April 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I made my double-Dutch braid and put a mini near the end of each. It's just the right size and leaves me with a pair of soft tassels to stroke with. And the mini is just right for a bun. :)

Lena43
May 1st, 2009, 03:23 AM
I got my Flexis today :cheese::cheese: They are really quick :agape: I ordered Monday I think and it didnt even take a week to get them to Switzerland. I just washed my hair, so I think I have to wait until tomorrow to try up dos with them, but I cant wait.

They are really pretty :poot:

swirlytresses
May 1st, 2009, 08:05 AM
I'm wating on an order. They should be arriving soon. :)

Akiko
May 1st, 2009, 01:12 PM
I got my order today, too. Wow, it arrived very quickly, Lena43. Swirlytresses, yours will be arriving soon! How exciting!

Five smallish flexis on the right are the new ones. Top 3 are mini, bottom two are XS. (Top left is medium. Bottom three on the left are all large.)

Minis are very very tiny!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2515&pictureid=38084

paper
May 1st, 2009, 01:50 PM
Those are all so pretty Akiko! Yes, the minis are small. I use them for half ups, if I don't pull back too much hair. I like the tighter hold they have. I also like the minis to pull one side of my hair back.

Akiko
May 1st, 2009, 02:05 PM
Thank you, paper. I am playing around with my new ones. XS is perfect for a pony. Minis are great for smallish half ups for me, too. XS slowly slides out of my half up. Ow. Minis are soooo cute and soooo light weight! I should try using a mini on one side. Never done that before. Thanks for a good idea!

paper
May 1st, 2009, 02:19 PM
We must be hair twins :D XS is perfect for my ponytail. It fits ok for half ups but slowy falls out like yours.

Akiko
May 1st, 2009, 02:39 PM
Oh, that's great you are my hair twin! We can help each other figure out hairtoy sizes.

patience
May 1st, 2009, 02:41 PM
I got my mini and extra small yesterday. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.

Lena43
May 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
I used an M for my ponytail yesterday, that worked quite well, but today my curls dont look that good anymore and the S works better (less volume I guess).
My BF said that the Flexis look funny, in a good way. :rolleyes:

AmyJorgensen
May 2nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
Ok....I have never had a flexi 8. If my hair is 4" in diameter...do I want an extra large? Also, what types of styles could I do with an XL? (Only buns...or it wouldn't be too big for twist ups?)

annie09
May 2nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
Ok....I have never had a flexi 8. If my hair is 4" in diameter...do I want an extra large? Also, what types of styles could I do with an XL? (Only buns...or it wouldn't be too big for twist ups?)

I have thick hair also and i use Xl for a full cinnabun and a half up cinnabun (sometimes it just wont all fit in) i use a large for a figure8 and a large would suffice for a french twist although i cannot do one.so i have found that i need both, heres some pics.:)

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu183/boggle567/P1060777.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu183/boggle567/P1060778.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu183/boggle567/P1060779.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu183/boggle567/P1060780.jpg

AmyJorgensen
May 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Yay...thanks for the input. I guess the XL won't be too big then. Now I just need to decide which one ;)

annie09
May 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Yay...thanks for the input. I guess the XL won't be too big then. Now I just need to decide which one ;)

Yeah now that's the real hard decision.:D

AmyJorgensen
May 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to decide between the elegant dangle one and the dragonfly one.

AmyJorgensen
May 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Does anyone know of a discount code for Flexi 8?

Lena43
May 3rd, 2009, 03:19 AM
blue-32088

AmyJorgensen
May 3rd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Yay, thanks for the code!

Lena43
May 4th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Youre welcome ;)

I love my Flexis. I have my hair in a messy cinnabun (it's too short...) today, used my Flexi-8 in L and it stayed up all day :cheese:No need to touch my hair all day.

swirlytresses
May 5th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I will have to say the Flexi-8 customer service is awesome! They quickly responded to my e-mails and were pleasant to deal with. My special order flexi's were just as I requested. :D I am one happy customer.

Jessaka
May 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I wish I had money to spend on more Flexis :(

Rohele
May 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I'm wondering if any of you who have Flexis could give me some sizing advice. I'm thinking of having DH order me some for mothers day.

I've watched the sizing video and looked at the sizing descriptions on the Flexi site and I'm still unsure of what to order.

My hair is not long yet - just below my collar bone and just under a iii for thickness (my ponytail varies from 3.75 - 4").

I'm mostly at this point would be using them for half ups and french twists. I'm thinking an XS for a half up on me and a medium for a french twist. Does that sound about right?

mwedzi
May 7th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I will have to say the Flexi-8 customer service is awesome! They quickly responded to my e-mails and were pleasant to deal with. My special order flexi's were just as I requested. :D I am one happy customer.

You can do a special order? What was the special order?

I have 3 flexi8s, more soon. Right now I have 2 xl and 1 large. I can use the xl for a ponytail (assuming it wasn't blown out) and the large can do a 1/2 ponytail on my regular hair and maybe a whole ponytail on my hair when it's in twists or a twist out.

swirlytresses
May 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I'm wondering if any of you who have Flexis could give me some sizing advice. I'm thinking of having DH order me some for mothers day.

I've watched the sizing video and looked at the sizing descriptions on the Flexi site and I'm still unsure of what to order.

My hair is not long yet - just below my collar bone and just under a iii for thickness (my ponytail varies from 3.75 - 4").

I'm mostly at this point would be using them for half ups and french twists. I'm thinking an XS for a half up on me and a medium for a french twist. Does that sound about right?

My hair is iii thicknes and about tailbone length. I think you are acurate in your sizing. I use an XL for a full bun. I bought the small for half ups, but the XS would be better. I also have a medium and a large. Hope this helps. :)

swirlytresses
May 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM
You can do a special order? What was the special order?

I have 3 flexi8s, more soon. Right now I have 2 xl and 1 large. I can use the xl for a ponytail (assuming it wasn't blown out) and the large can do a 1/2 ponytail on my regular hair and maybe a whole ponytail on my hair when it's in twists or a twist out.

Yes, I special ordered what I wanted :). I asked for all my flexi's in black nickel with a small flower. I e-mailed back and forth with Deanna until I was satisfied. If there is a design you like or want and it is not shown in the size you want, you can have them do it for you. From what I understand, they also will do an XXL if you want it. E-mail them if you have any questions, and they are very helpful.

AmyJorgensen
May 7th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I just got my first flexi 8 in the mail and I was so excited.......but it was too small. I called customer service and they agreed to change my order from XL to XXL. So, yay, my hair is thick......wah, I have to wait to get the new one mailed to me.

annie09
May 7th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I just got my first flexi 8 in the mail and I was so excited.......but it was too small. I called customer service and they agreed to change my order from XL to XXL. So, yay, my hair is thick......wah, I have to wait to get the new one mailed to me.

Thats great they are doing a xxl for you I hope it comes soon.:D

tiamimi
May 7th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I'm going to have to save up money for some of those. They are gorgeous:heartbeat

Rohele
May 8th, 2009, 09:52 AM
My hair is iii thicknes and about tailbone length. I think you are acurate in your sizing. I use an XL for a full bun. I bought the small for half ups, but the XS would be better. I also have a medium and a large. Hope this helps. :)

Thank-you. I just placed an order for a medium and XS. :D

I hope they are not too small - I have a habit of breaking barrettes and such with my hair, so I'm nervous they wont fit (but that might be an excuse to buy more, in different sizes :p )

swirlytresses
May 8th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I hope they work for you too! I love my flexi's!!

julya
May 12th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Some of my classmates noticed my green XL today. My hair was in an inside out bun. I was surprised, usually no one in real life ever notices my hair! Fun times!

It had sort of gotten messy, and the flexi was in the vertical position, rather than horizontal. I think that maybe that makes them more noticeable.

Delilah
May 14th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I have 4 flexis! XS, S, M and L.
I use the large for styles that would generally be held up by a hairstick- like an easy wrap bun, it is the one described as "Princess tiara completes this 'Freestyle' array of colors" and am wearing it right now.
For other types of buns I end up using the medium.
Unfortunately the small and extra small I don't use very often, but I keep them around just in case I find a new style to use them in in the future.

mwedzi
May 14th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I love Flexi8s. I usually wear an XL, though I can wear a large for half of my hair. Because my hair is cottony, even if I can get away with a smaller size, the larger size is more versatile because my hair will expand to fill the space. For example, here is me using two XL, one for each of two ponytails:
http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/2008julythroughdecember/img20292.html

mwedzi
May 14th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I love Flexi8s. I usually wear an XL, though I can wear a large for half of my hair. Because my hair is cottony, even if I can get away with a smaller size, the larger size is more versatile because my hair will expand to fill the space. For example, here is me using two XL, one for each of two ponytails:
http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/2008julythroughdecember/img20292.html

Why can't I edit my post? Is it because I have too few total posts? Anyway, I meant to link more pictures.
XL ponypuff:
http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/2008julythroughdecember/img1502.html

XL in updo:
http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/2008julythroughdecember/flexi8updo.html

Large holding back a small portion of my hair. I definitely could have used a smaller one for this, especially since my hair had been semi-straightened:
http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/straightened-hair/pressedtwistout.html

Pixna
May 15th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Love your hair, Mwedzi! You won't be able to edit or post pics until you've been here a while and posted more. Your styles look FABULOUS with the flexis! Cute and creative.

DolphinPrincess
May 15th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I agree Mwedzi! Gorgeous hair! I have hair envy!

swirlytresses
May 15th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Here's a pic that my daughter took (a little fuzzy) of my hair with my small flexi-8. I tried the medium one and they almost felt like they hold the same, very little difference, but I was in a hurry and left the small one in my hair.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2976&pictureid=39275

Pixna
May 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Whether it's a small or medium flexi, your hair looks STUNNING, SwirlyTresses. Gosh, I'm having SO much hair envy today with these drop-dead gorgeous pics!!!

swirlytresses
May 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Thank you Pixna! You just made my day. :flower:

Akiko
May 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
mwedzi and swirlytresses, beautiful flexis! I envy curls. I realized my XS seems to sloooooly slide out from my pony! Ack. My hair is too straight and slippery. I wish I had some curls or waves!!!!!!

plainjanegirl
May 15th, 2009, 07:54 PM
mwedzi and swirlytresses, beautiful flexis! I envy curls. I realized my XS seems to sloooooly slide out from my pony! Ack. My hair is too straight and slippery. I wish I had some curls or waves!!!!!!

I agree for my hair too. I want curls please.

Pierre
May 19th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Friday morning I braided my hair, put one tiny Flexi on each braid, then left in the afternoon for Raleigh to visit my mother. I slept two nights in the same braids, and then went to the bus station.

At the bus station I sat in one seat and ate my lunch (or dinner, whatever it was), then moved to another, then stood in line. I felt the left Flexi, then checked the right braid and the Flexi was missing. I ran to the seats I was previously sitting in and it wasn't there. Someone told me that a man who had just gone toward the room that is normally the ticket counter had picked it up.

I asked him and he produced the missing Flexi from a wheel tray cart outside. I dropped both of them in my bag and rode home bare-braided. They are now safely in my hair :)

mwedzi
May 20th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Friday morning I braided my hair, put one tiny Flexi on each braid, then left in the afternoon for Raleigh to visit my mother. I slept two nights in the same braids, and then went to the bus station.

At the bus station I sat in one seat and ate my lunch (or dinner, whatever it was), then moved to another, then stood in line. I felt the left Flexi, then checked the right braid and the Flexi was missing. I ran to the seats I was previously sitting in and it wasn't there. Someone told me that a man who had just gone toward the room that is normally the ticket counter had picked it up.

I asked him and he produced the missing Flexi from a wheel tray cart outside. I dropped both of them in my bag and rode home bare-braided. They are now safely in my hair :)

Whew! That was lucky. So do you have two identical flexis?

Zombiekins
May 20th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Piping up with a "me too, SwirlyTresses"! Your hair is exactly what I picture when I think about what hair I'd love to have as opposed to what I've got. :P

ETA: I'm still undecided as to what size Flexi I'd like to try out. It would be for mostly updos, and all of my hair updos, but I don't want to end up with something too small or too large. Maybe the large?

DolphinPrincess
May 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I'm so excited! For my birthday (June 2) my mom is going to buy me some flexis! I'm placing a custom order and will most definitely post pictures once I get them! :happydance:

Pierre
May 21st, 2009, 12:19 AM
Whew! That was lucky. So do you have two identical flexis?
Two pairs. The extra smalls I use for two-sided updos such as a double ponytail or a twist behind each ear; the tinies usually go on my temples to hold stray hairs out of my face.

Rohele
May 23rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone in Canada has any Flexis, and if they do, how long shipping approximately took? It's been two weeks since I ordered mine, and I'm getting worried that they got lost (usually stuff I order from the US gets to me quicker than this). I'm getting impatient darn it! I keep running to the the mailbox after the mail lady comes, like I'm a little kid waiting for Christmas or something. :p

wahmof9
June 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Help! I have been staring at the flexi-8 site for two days now and trying to figure out what size to get!! They give sizes and circumference but from reading this thread, their measurements don't seem all that accurate to me.

Can someone help please?

My hair is about 2.5" in circumference, past APL and fine...

Akiko
June 3rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Help! I have been staring at the flexi-8 site for two days now and trying to figure out what size to get!! They give sizes and circumference but from reading this thread, their measurements don't seem all that accurate to me.

Can someone help please?

My hair is about 2.5" in circumference, past APL and fine...

My circumference is 2.5" now. The exactly same as yours! But it's longer.

I use XS for a ponytail, mini for half-up (like my avatar as well as profile pic). Medium or Large for a wrapped bun. But L is a bit too small to go over a cinnabun. Large for french twist.

You might also ask Paper since her circumference might be close to ours. She uses XS for pony like me. Hope this helps!

wahmof9
June 3rd, 2009, 09:36 PM
My circumference is 2.5" now. The exactly same as yours! But it's longer.

I use XS for a ponytail, mini for half-up (like my avatar as well as profile pic). Medium or Large for a wrapped bun. But L is a bit too small to go over a cinnabun. Large for french twist.

You might also ask Paper since her circumference might be close to ours. She uses XS for pony like me. Hope this helps!
Akiko, this is a great help thanks!

keltickitten
June 4th, 2009, 06:09 AM
I love thos clips too. Normally I got 8, but 2 are lost in action. I guess they will show up someday, but so far I don't know where I've left them.

paper
June 4th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I can use mini for half up and if I put in more hair, I can use XS too. XS is perfect for pony. Small for twist. Right now, I can use a Medium for a bun. When my hair gets a little longer, I'll probably use a Large.

Does anyone know how often they offer free shipping?

eresh
June 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I don't have any flexi's of myself yet, I wanted to try on some sizes first at a meet and tried these of two friends:

Size M (size S was too tight for over a braid but I think it will hold better in a regular pony, to prevent sliding down)
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4108/fleximk.jpg

And size XXL over en entire bun :-)
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7690/flexixxlk.jpg

I also tried XS for a half pony and that fitted perfectly without sliding down. No photo taken unfortunately.

I'm definately going to order these sizes :-)
Will there be new designs soon?
If so I'm waiting a bit longer.

eadwine
June 4th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I'd wait.. I haven't seen any new ones appear recently.

Nice medium, it does look familiar somehow ;)

swirlytresses
June 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I don't have any flexi's of myself yet, I wanted to try on some sizes first at a meet and tried these of two friends:

Size M (size S was too tight for over a braid but I think it will hold better in a regular pony, to prevent sliding down)

I also tried XS for a half pony and that fitted perfectly without sliding down. No photo taken unfortunately.

Wow! Those look great in your hair!! They just added some new gold designs the last time they had free shipping...in....April?...I can't remember exactly when.... I don't know how often they add new designs, but if you're looking for something in particular, they do special orders. They have great customer service and worked with me to get exactly what I wanted. :)

Jessaka
June 4th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Eresh, those look LOVELY in your hair. Is that XXL a custom? I havent seen the heart one w/ smaller hearts that color? Hm. I like it alot.

I think they've been kinda slacking on new styles. I'm waiting myself.

eadwine
June 4th, 2009, 01:58 PM
That is because you CAN tell them that you want those style beads on that kind of centerpiece in that style (pointing at different flexis, that is). :)

eresh
June 4th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Jessaka, I believe it was a custom yes, it's not my flexi but a friends :-)

Misha
June 4th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Wow eresh ! You have an amazing amount of beautiful hair !! :disbelief :ohmy:

Redheaded Raven
June 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM

beautiful flexi-8 and your bun is :thudpile: worthy :agape:

eadwine
June 5th, 2009, 12:04 AM
A thuddable bun isn't hard to get when you have a wow length like hers :lol: It looks amazing!

Pixna
June 5th, 2009, 04:09 PM

Your hair is so beautiful it is beyond words!!!!! :thud: :thud::thud:

eresh
June 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
:oops: :) thanks!!

I'm still having trouble deciding which designs to pick.
There are no new designs in the works for a while, I just got email back. So no reason to wait....now if only I could decide...

Jessaka
June 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Jessaka, I believe it was a custom yes, it's not my flexi but a friends :-)

Cool :) I knew they could custom, but I've never done it yet. Must wait for a bit, haha. I got all the ones I wanted. Your friend's flexi is very beautiful. Looking forward to seeing which ones you choose :)

DolphinPrincess
June 6th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Yay! My custom order came in! 1 for my mom and 4 for me! (My birthday present) Here's the pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/hair/049.jpg

Left side, both XL. Right side, S, M, and L.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/hair/050-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/hair/052-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/hair/065-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/hair/064-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/hair/054-1.jpg

Sorry about the messy buns, still getting the hang of these! Surprisingly, I could barely get the M around my ponytail, but the L fit just about perfect. I've been wearing it for awhile now and it hasn't really moved at all. Also, I just barely got the XL around my cinnabun. Need to figure out more styles... :p

julya
June 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Those are very pretty! And wow, you have some thick hair! The small is too big for my ponytail.

DolphinPrincess
June 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Those are very pretty! And wow, you have some thick hair! The small is too big for my ponytail.
Thanks! I'm going to have to order an XXL really soon... :o :p Although I really don't need any excuses to spend more money!

Wow, just realized those pictures were a little big, resizing now.

paper
June 8th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Those are all very pretty DolphinPrincess! You did a great job on custom.

I have 2 new ones coming, they should be in the mail today! :cheese:

Pixna
June 8th, 2009, 11:26 AM
DolphinPrincess, your flexis are gorgeous -- especially when they're in your stunning hair!!! :D

Jessaka
June 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, Dolphinprincess!!! All of them are beautiful, and I especially love the black&pink one!!! I just like those colors, but yeahhh beautiful! I still need to make me some customs haha.

eresh
June 8th, 2009, 01:45 PM
DolphinPrincess they are lovely!
Did flexi have the little skull centerpiece or was it something you sent to them?

I'd love a Flexi with a Ginkgo leaf or greyhound head (or magen david) as centerpiece, but I highly doubt they have that.

DolphinPrincess
June 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Eresh - The Skull and crossbones was a centerpiece that they had. I had seen it on a mini. You could always ask them if they have anything like that. Also, they might be willing to find it for you. For a couple of mine, she even had to go get some beads, so I know they'll do some looking around. They're really nice though!

And thanks everyone!

girloctopus
June 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I met one of the Flexi-8 employees at the Patterson Apricot Fiesta (which was similar to a craft fair :rolleyes:) and she was so nice and friendly. Since the XL barely fits around my figure 8 and folded braid, she offered to make me a XXL, running on the large side for a better fit! She also gave me the special craft show pricing and shipped the XXL by priority mail. Great customer service. I'm hoping that I can fit the XXL around a bun like eresh did, but it may not work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Do the dangles on some of them get caught in the hair at all?

Rohele
June 9th, 2009, 01:49 PM
My order seems to have gone missing.... :(

Packages usually arrive from the US to my door within 2 weeks and I have still seen nothing.

Contacted Flexi-8 May 29 and they offered to ship another package if it didn't arrive in a few days (it didn't). So I sent and email saying nothing yet and I asked about alternative shipping methods which would include a tracking number (since the first package could not be tracked), and they haven't got back to me at all.

Does anyone know the best way to contact them? My first message (which they received) was sent through the contact customer service button at the store, and subsequent (unanswered emails) were sent as replies to the email they sent me.

At the moment I have no idea what is happening, if they have gone ahead shipped a new order, or if they are waiting for a reply (and for some reason haven't received my emails), or what exactly is happening. :( I'm going to wait a few days and contact them through the website again, but I am worried I'm starting to be annoying, but I really would like to find out what is going on.

ChrissieM
June 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I got three flexi-8s in the mail yesterday....my first. Is is bad that I want to order 5 more? I should wait until my hair gets longer so I can order the bigger ones.

Pierre
June 9th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know the best way to contact them? My first message (which they received) was sent through the contact customer service button at the store, and subsequent (unanswered emails) were sent as replies to the email they sent me.
There's a toll-free number on the website, but if you're not in the US that won't do much good. The number on whois is +1.6262857609. Try that.

Pierre
June 10th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I just looked at my medium Flexi and one of the ouches is empty. The centerpiece came with thirteen gems in a pattern of one in four in eight. One of the eight is missing. It might be in bed somewhere, as I've slept with it on, but it could just as easily be somewhere else. What should I do?

Rohele
June 10th, 2009, 09:24 AM
There's a toll-free number on the website, but if you're not in the US that won't do much good. The number on whois is +1.6262857609. Try that.

Thanks Pierre - I may give that a try (I'm in Canada). I'm going to try sending one more email, but through the website "contact us" feature first, but if that doesn't work I'll guess I'll have to call. I keep hoping they will miraculously show up in my mailbox, and that I won't have to keep bugging them (I hate making a major fuss about stuff, and since I don't really know what happened with my order, whether it was never sent for some reason, or it got lost or stolen in the mail, or if it was sent to the wrong address, I don't feel right bugging them about it since they offered to send another order).

swirlytresses
June 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Rohele, they have great customer service. So, if you have not received your flexi's then I wouldn't think it would be "bugging" them. They want you to be happy with your purchase and they will want to know if you received your items ok. Even though I don't live outside the U.S., they worked with me and were very patient. I hope you get your flexi's soon and get it all worked out. You will love your flexi's. Have a good day! :)

paper
June 11th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I just wanted to add how great there customer service is. I just bought 2 flexi's size small. One fit perfect but the other one slid out of my hair. I sent them an e-mail about it. She said some were made different and she's going to make me a smaller one send it to me, with an stamped envelope to mail back the original one.

redemption_song
June 12th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I'm going to make a pretty big order soon and I'm waffling on what size to get- L or XL? MY hair is thick, waist length and I want to do french twist or bun. Any input? My avi is recent if that gives you a better idea. Thanks!

LilyMunster
June 12th, 2009, 11:36 AM
My ponytail at crown circumference is 4.25 inches. Length is 36 inches. I'm a 2c m/c. I cannot get a large to secure around a french twist. Easy with an Extra large. I can secure an infinity bun with a Large. Just to give you some idea of the sizing.

girloctopus
June 12th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I'm going to make a pretty big order soon and I'm waffling on what size to get- L or XL? MY hair is thick, waist length and I want to do french twist or bun. Any input? My avi is recent if that gives you a better idea. Thanks!

I vote XL. My hair is very thick (5"+ circumference) and near waist and a XL barely fits on a french twist. It is a definite no-go on a bun unless I stretch it out to make a very oblong bun. They do make XXL as customs! That barely fits over a cinnabun for me.

If you're really unsure, call the number on their website and see if they are going to be at any fairs around you in the next couple weekends so you can try them out in person! They are very nice and accomidating.

wendyg
June 13th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Has anyone taken apart a Flexi8? If so, how did you do it and with what tools?

wg

Rohele
June 15th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I just wanted to say, I did finally get in touch with someone, and they have sent me another package. Crossing my fingers that this one gets to me safely! I can only assume my first order completely lost somewhere.

Yes, they do have pretty good customer service - very friendly and helpful.

amandasmith911
June 19th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I just ordered two flexi 8's. I am so up-do challanged and I was actually able to do a nice looking frech twist style.I can't wait to try a pony and half up! I may order a large as the medium is really tight in the french twist and know it is too small for bun. If I can make an up-do with one of these anyone can.

Amanda

GlassEyes
June 19th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I want to order a few flexis, but I'm unsure of my sizing.

I've watched the videos, and I figure that I'm a medium if I want to use it for ponytails and maybe french twists (which are awesome for keeping my hair away from my neck--god that's ANNOYING sometimes), and a large for my bun, but I'm not entirely sure, and I don't want to waste money.

I have about a 3-3.5 in. ponytail circumference, more if I measure from the top of my head with all my layering. Also, dang them for not having green with silver. Dang them.

Misha
June 19th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Hi GlassEyes,

I'd guess that you could use a small or medium for ponys, medium for french twists, and depending on your length, large for buns. My circumference is just over 3 inches but about BSL, and I use the small for pony and large for twists (the large is too snug for buns though). Perhaps that gives you a sense of the sizing.

Also - Flexi 8 does take custom requests. You can send them an email explaining what style, color, center-piece and beads you would like, and they may be able to make it for you, they are very accomodating.

Rohele
June 19th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I received my Flexis today! I am very pleased at how well made they are, and how well they hold my hair.

I want to order a few flexis, but I'm unsure of my sizing.

I've watched the videos, and I figure that I'm a medium if I want to use it for ponytails and maybe french twists (which are awesome for keeping my hair away from my neck--god that's ANNOYING sometimes), and a large for my bun, but I'm not entirely sure, and I don't want to waste money.

I have about a 3-3.5 in. ponytail circumference, more if I measure from the top of my head with all my layering. Also, dang them for not having green with silver. Dang them.

I don't know if this helps any with sizing for you, but I'm a similar thickness (3.75" pony circ.).

I ordered a medium and an extra small. The medium holds a "tails-up" for me but is slightly too small for a french twist at my length. It also seems to hold a pony tail (I haven't tried it for very long since I just received mine this morning). I ordered an extra small for a half up, and it holds, but just barely - I probably could have used a small instead - I'll have to do the half ups with less hair when I use it.

I would say the sizing on the site is pretty accurate. I just grabbed the amount of hair I was likely to pull back with each size and measured it. The Flexi site measures by diameter rather than circumference, which is harder to do, so I found a circumference to diameter converter online and used that.

DolphinPrincess
June 19th, 2009, 01:39 PM
GlassEyes - I agree about the medium for a ponytail also. I use a medium for mine, my circumference is about 4", and I can just barely get the medium around it. And definitely email them, my entire last order was custom! You can pick whatever you want pretty much. HTH!

GlassEyes
June 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I'll order a custom after I get these.

I'm going to order a large, a medium, and maybe two minis. Thanks guys!

Misha
June 20th, 2009, 06:34 AM
I'll order a custom after I get these.

I'm going to order a large, a medium, and maybe two minis. Thanks guys!

Just a heads up about the minis - they are very small. But it depends on your purpose. I found them too tiny for half-ups, but they would be fine for clipping small bits of hair.

wendyg
June 20th, 2009, 08:06 AM
The minis work well for braid ends...

wg

julya
June 20th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I use a mini in my son's hair for a ponytail, but his hair is pretty thin. I have a small that I use for a ponytail in my hair, a medium for a bunnytail style, and an XL for buns. My hair is about the same circumference as yours is GlassEyes. And my XL is green and silver, there is a pic of it in one of my albums.

Natalia
June 20th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Just got my first flexi-8's off the swap board :D. Thanks Neoma :heartbeat . The pic is still up if anyone wants to see i have the two mediums in the middle :). I cant wait to start experimenting! Hehehe this feels like a merit badge somehow like my first morrocco method or aubrey's product :). Im so excited!!!!

GlassEyes
June 20th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Just a heads up about the minis - they are very small. But it depends on your purpose. I found them too tiny for half-ups, but they would be fine for clipping small bits of hair.
Yep. Which is why I want them. :D I'm going to use them like bobby pins/braid enders. Thanks.

The minis work well for braid ends...

wg

Yep. ^_^

Roseate
June 20th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Also, dang them for not having green with silver. Dang them.

Just e-mail them with a request! They don't even charge extra for it. If you see green beads you like, and a silver flexi you like, just ask them to put the green beads on the silver flexi and you are set.

ETA: Am I the slowest typist ever? Yes I am. 50 people have answered all your questions as I typed this! :P

GlassEyes
June 27th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I just got my flexi's. I ordered two larges and two matching mini's instead of a medium. XD;

I'm -slightly- disappointed. The scarlet set I ordered I really like, but I made the mistake of ordering some in aurora borealis, thinking they'd be prismatic as said...but I didn't think they'd lean so heavily on the pink side. :doh: :scared:

I'm sorry, but I really, really, really do not -do- pink. xD; Too girly, even for me. I may return them, but who knows, they -might- grow on me...

Maybe I'll take pictures and ask for other opinions on them.

paper
June 27th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Here's a picture of one of my new flexi's. It's a size small.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=586&pictureid=42905

Gulbahar
June 27th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I just got my flexi's. I ordered two larges and two matching mini's instead of a medium. XD;

I'm -slightly- disappointed. The scarlet set I ordered I really like, but I made the mistake of ordering some in aurora borealis, thinking they'd be prismatic as said...but I didn't think they'd lean so heavily on the pink side. :doh: :scared:

I'm sorry, but I really, really, really do not -do- pink. xD; Too girly, even for me. I may return them, but who knows, they -might- grow on me...

Maybe I'll take pictures and ask for other opinions on them.
I totally agree with you there. I was rather shocked when I saw those aurora borealis flexis - luckily I hadn't ordered them myself. Pink is sooooo not for me. :(

GlassEyes
June 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I totally agree with you there. I was rather shocked when I saw those aurora borealis flexis - luckily I hadn't ordered them myself. Pink is sooooo not for me. :(

): I thought they'd look cool...but they're just too much. I think I'll just go back and get the black celtic knots or something.

On a plus side, these things hold like CRAZY. xD:cheese: Sucess!

mwedzi
June 29th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Aww, but I love pink. :)

Medium pink dragonfly:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/hair%20-%20part%202/IMG_2585_2.jpg

But today it was the aurora borealis:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/hair%20-%20part%202/bigtwistlargeflexi.jpg

carinkla
June 30th, 2009, 03:17 AM
mmm I believe I also have aurora borealis but the are defenately not pink, would not like it if they would be..

GlassEyes
June 30th, 2009, 05:57 AM
They look good on you, mwedzi, on me...eh.

Pixna
June 30th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Mwedzi, your flexis look FABULOUS!!! I love your hair ropes -- simply STUNNING!!!

GlassEyes
June 30th, 2009, 01:13 PM
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1750.jpg

It doesn't look pinkish here, but I'm still thinking it looks too girly. xD; Even for me.

Loviatar
July 1st, 2009, 05:39 AM
GlassEyes, your flexi may not be to your liking but your hair is fab :)

I just made a Flexi order. Hee. I asked for:

2 minis: one skull and crossbones on silver, and one in gold with green metallic beads and a sea turtle center

1 large: blue AB beads (thanks Akiko you enabler!) with a gold tiger lily center

1 XL for future buns: gold Celtic knot with emerald green beads

I cant wait to see them :)

GlassEyes
July 1st, 2009, 06:28 AM
Tell me how that celtic knot one looks in person, please. xD. I debating buying one (only in large--not up to extra large yet), even though I'm not a gold person. XD;

julya
July 1st, 2009, 11:01 PM
I got a flexi for my son in the brass color, and I think that it seems less 'girly' then the silver ones I got for me. Here is a picture of it in his hair.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1372&pictureid=34767

paper
July 3rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
My new flexi, size XS. I like pink! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2226&pictureid=43394

Rentlle
July 3rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
I found my flexi!!!!
It was lost after a vacation to Hungary and I found it back!!!!!!!!!
I'm soooo happy :o

eresh
July 3rd, 2009, 03:26 PM
Pfeeeew what a relief!! :)

I still have to order my first ones, but I just CAN'T DECIDE which ones:rolleyes:

eadwine
July 4th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Simple solution: wait a while longer, save up more, order more ;)

eresh
July 4th, 2009, 06:19 AM
And get more sighs and tsskk's from boyfriend :rolleyes:

mwedzi
July 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Thank you glass eyes and pixna!

Here's another done with a size small and a size xsmall Flexi8. I call it the Flying Saucer bun. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/hair%20-%20part%202/saucerbunback_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/hair%20-%20part%202/saucerbun2_2.jpg

Rentlle
July 4th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I like that bun :D
Oh, Ignore the boyfriend, Eresh.. :D
the more flexi's the better ;)

Pixna
July 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
LOL!! "Flying Saucer Bun" -- what an apropos name for it, and what an "out of this world" look! By the way, you've got a VERY lovely face, mwedzi. The soft hairstyles really suit you.

Rentlle
July 5th, 2009, 08:49 AM
wow realy beautiful collection :o :o

MollyBloom
July 7th, 2009, 07:27 AM
here is my collection:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/dudi_album/varie138.jpg?t=1246972757

1 extra small,
1small,
1 medium,
1 large,
2 extra large
I've been told that actual flexis are shorter then before, infact xl size cannot hold up my buns without the help of two or tree amish pins
XL size in 8shape bun
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/dudi_album/duble8bunXL.jpg?t=1246973167
XL in very very messy cinnabun
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/dudi_album/cinnamonXL.jpg?t=1246973147

L size in half cinnabun
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/dudi_album/lparticolare.jpg?t=1246973189

eresh
July 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Oyoyoy....
I turned it down to 8 flexi's on my list....
But still can't decide which colouyr beads would look good in my brown hair.
Would topaz completely be hidden in camouflage??
What does royal blue with silver look like...
The freestyle is it like in the site pictures or completely different colours?
Etc.

I need more pics of flexi's in hair people ;)

eadwine
July 12th, 2009, 03:37 AM
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4245/flexi2qm9.th.jpg (http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flexi2qm9.jpg)

Blue will look great in your hair I think.

I tried finding this particular flexi but it has been removed from the site by the looks. In any case, our hair color is closish, so.. here is an idea :)

KarenLynn
July 12th, 2009, 05:19 AM
eresh - I have pics of my freestyle ones here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=533122&postcount=485) and a silver with blue beads here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=489835&postcount=155). Hope that helps some.

I should post some action pics too, as I don't think I have any on this thread.

KarenLynn
July 12th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Pardon the double post, but I put together some pictures. They don't show all my flexis in action, but most of the different sizes in various styles. They're taken over more than two years, hence the difference in hair color while growing out henna.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/Updos/flexis1.jpg

Left to right medium, medium and large clips.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/Updos/flexis2.jpg

Large, extra small and medium, large.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/Updos/flexis3.jpg

Large, medium, large.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/Updos/flexis4.jpg

Small, extra small, small and medium.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/Updos/flexis5.jpg

Medium, small, medium.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/KarenLynn/Updos/flexis6.jpg

Large, medium, large, medium.

paper
July 12th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Very nice KarenLynn! Pretty flexis and nice updos!

eresh
July 12th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Oooooooooooooh THANK YOU Eadwine and KarenLynn!!!!!!!!
My royal blue question is answered, it's seethrough beading, yay!
I love the colours of your S freestyle, I wonder if I can mention it in my email...or are they all pre-made...hmmm
And the L on your inside out bun, what style is that? Beautiful!

Now all I need is a flexi with topaz beads in brown hair :D

I even had a dream about Flexi's last night :o

Pixna
July 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Holy cow, KarenLynn -- I've never seen such creativity and versatility with the flexis. I am duly impressed and awed!!!

Bonny
July 12th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Hi Flexi-8 fans! :waving: I have a medium Flexi in antique gold, which I bought several months ago. I wear it quite often.

Recently I notice that some of the gold beads were turning copper-coloured. I emailed to the Flexi-8 people and asked them about it. They said it was the gold-coloured plating wearing off to reveal the copper colour of the bead beneath. I can exchange it for a new one, but I'm not sure about doing this. Won't the new Flexi have the same problem after a while?

Have any of you had this happen to your Flexis? What would you do?

KarenLynn
July 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM
eresh - you're welcome. :) The flexi-8 in the inside-out bun is a black nickel one. The centerpiece is a round flower-like thing with a clear stone in the middle. I don't know if the freestyle ones vary, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I have three in different sizes, and they all have different stones.

paper and Pixna - thank you! :flowers: I had some time on my hands today, so I sat down and looked for any style pictures that included a flexi-8. It turned out to be quite a few over the years! :lol:

Tap Dancer
July 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Here's a picture of one of my new flexi's. It's a size small.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=586&pictureid=42905

I ordered the same one in medium last week. It's so pretty! :inlove:

paper
July 13th, 2009, 05:56 PM
It is gorgeous! :crush: I'm sure you will love it!

tarn
July 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I got my first flexis a couple of days ago, 3 for me, 2 for my daughter. I think I may have to order some larger ones too now that I have more of an actual idea of size. I think I need either a L or XL to go over my cinnabun, which is becoming my standard style.
My daughter aged 7, is loving hers too!
Now I just have to wait for a free shipping sale to justify my next purchase.
Sigh...

Pierre
July 13th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Hi Flexi-8 fans! :waving: I have a medium Flexi in antique gold, which I bought several months ago. I wear it quite often.

Recently I notice that some of the gold beads were turning copper-coloured. I emailed to the Flexi-8 people and asked them about it. They said it was the gold-coloured plating wearing off to reveal the copper colour of the bead beneath. I can exchange it for a new one, but I'm not sure about doing this. Won't the new Flexi have the same problem after a while?

Have any of you had this happen to your Flexis? What would you do?
My tinies, which I wear on my temples, do that. The beads near the ends are showing the undercolor (not copper but grayish). I may get another pair in a different style, but the ones I have, I'm keeping.

Tap Dancer
July 14th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Here's one of mine:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/imhere2dance/071409.jpg

It's a medium, which is a bit too big for a regular ponytail.

Bonny
July 14th, 2009, 09:01 PM
My tinies, which I wear on my temples, do that. The beads near the ends are showing the undercolor (not copper but grayish). I may get another pair in a different style, but the ones I have, I'm keeping.

Thanks, Pierre. I think I may do the same - get another pair and not bother exchanging the one I've got.

saskia_madding
July 15th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Well, you enablers, I emailed the company and asked for a few custom pieces. I guess we'll see what they say ...

eresh
July 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I'm also in the process of ordering...
wiiiiiiiii :joy: :bounce:

paper
July 16th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Here's one of mine:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/imhere2dance/071409.jpg

It's a medium, which is a bit too big for a regular ponytail.

What a gorgeous flexi! The colors look great in your hair too!

Madame J
July 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM
My new large Flexi that I got off the swap board. I'm still undecided what I think of it, but it does make it easier to put my hair up to wash my face at night. I was a little disappointed with how cheap it felt, though.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3333&pictureid=45244
I'm not sure what to call this hair style, but it's somewhere in the territory of a half-figure-8, flipped cinnabun, and a logroll. And my layers are trying to escape and eat the clip.

Rose J.
July 20th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I just read through all 69 (Yes, 69) pages of this Flexi-8 thread. Now I really, really want one! I'm planning to get (eventually) a small to use for a ponytail, so I'll damage my hair less than a band. Also to have something a little dressier for special occasions when I still want to wear my hair in a ponytail. :) My ponytail is 3 inches around, fine in texture and curly. I'm hoping a small will be just right. :eyebrows:

saskia_madding
July 20th, 2009, 08:57 PM
No response yet to my request for custom orders. Hmmmm ...

SpinDance
July 21st, 2009, 06:56 AM
After reading this thread I decided to give the Flexi-8 a try, so got an assortment of sizes, up to large. They arrived yesterday and I've tried the mini and the large. The mini held the hair around my face back very well, comfortably, for several hours. I then went and got the large to see how it would hold a bun while I walked the dogs. I made an inside-out type bun, and the large Flexi held the center of it very comfortably and securely.

I'm so glad to have found some sort of barrette that I'm willing to wear. These don't feel like they will damage my hair, the reason I stopped using barrettes years ago. Maybe now I'll start wearing some of it down now and again.

eresh
July 21st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Aaaah why does it take so long for things to arrive by post in this country, I can barely stand the suspense :D

Did you take pictures of your new Flexi's spindance?

Reptilia
July 22nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
I just ordered my first! I'm super excited for it to arrive! I bought one for now, just to test the size and see how I like it, but I imagine I will be buying many more, there were so many that I liked!

natt i nord
July 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Girls, I need your help. I have 6 flexis, but I don't know how to put my hair up with them. I only can do Celtic knots and a lazy wrap bun. I have 2 medium, 3 small and 1 extra small. The extra small works for ponytails, the rest for both buns. But they're all to small for cinnamons. Ideas? :)

KarenLynn
July 22nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
natt i nord - if you look here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=672471&postcount=666), you might get some ideas for possible styles. ;)

natt i nord
July 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Uh, that's great, thank you! :)
Can you tell me what's the LFB in it's whole name so I can look for an instruction, please?

charlyee
July 22nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
I just prdered one in XS, it maybe too small to wear in an updo but would work well as a ponytail holder.

Now comes the hard part, waiting for it. :)

KarenLynn
July 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
natt i nord - it's an abbreviation of "lazy French twist", and the instructions are here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=124).

kdaniels8811
July 22nd, 2009, 03:47 PM
Thank you, that was easy and I just learned a new bun! Happy, happy, happy! It is raining here and my camera does not take good indoor shots without sunlight coming in the window. Will try to remember to post a picture tomorrow.

Gigi1962
July 23rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
I just found TLHC recently and saw people talking about the Flexi-8, which I had never heard of before. After reading the comments, I decided I had to try them, so ordered a small and an extra small. Even though I am in the UK, they arrived really quickly, and I am thrilled to bits with them. :)

Brownie
July 23rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
I think they are really pretty, but they just don't suit me and I can't do lots of styles with them. My flexis changed hands a few weeks ago and the new owner loves them :cheese:

jlpearce
July 24th, 2009, 06:17 PM
This might be a stupid question, but what are these actually made out of? Are they metal? Can you wear them in the shower, to keep your hair up on non-wash days?

I know my hair's really short now, but eventually it will be long enough to use these and I'd like to have a good idea of how I could.

Thanks!

SpinDance
July 27th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Sorry eresh, I don't have any pictures yet. Long story, but it comes down to no camera to get good ones, just the cell phone which takes lousy pictures.

I liked the Flexi's so well I've ordered a few more. A few more of the mini's to hold the hair around my face back, mediums to make a pony tail and one of the huge monster (extra large) ones to go around most of my bun. The medium ones can hold an inside-out bun, and the large can hold up some of the narrower shaped 'do's. The new order will give me a couple of sets of mini's with mediums of the same style so I can hold the top part back with the mini and then have a nice tail with the medium below it.

Nice to be able to coordinate the Flexi's with my work clothes, too.

basak
July 27th, 2009, 06:14 AM
This might be a stupid question, but what are these actually made out of? Are they metal? Can you wear them in the shower, to keep your hair up on non-wash days?

I know my hair's really short now, but eventually it will be long enough to use these and I'd like to have a good idea of how I could.

Thanks!

They are metal, but I wouldn't wear them in the shower. I just use elastics, flexis feel too dressy for shower. :silly:

Toothe
July 27th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I wear mine in the shower if I already have it in to start with. It doesn't hurt it a bit. :)

Noctifer
July 28th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Well I got myself some more. Some of the desing's i just love so i want them in difernt size to do differnt up-do's whit

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2708&pictureid=46022

charlyee
July 28th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I just got mine yesterday. It is the extra small and holds my hair in a ponytali just right for now. I can only get about half my hair into the ponytail due to all the layering so I will need a bigger one when the layers grow out.

It is very comfortable to were and also very pretty. I really like it, and looking forward to getting more in the near future. :)

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I want to order a couple but I am wondering which size I should get? I use L ficcares to hold all of my hair or for peacock twists, but my buns are still rather small.. for example (http://www.septemberpixie.com/lj/hair/IMG_4017.jpg), but I was thinking L or XL? I'm curly but my hair is not thick at all and its got layers. I plan to grow to at least classic (without layers) so just need some advice :)

Iylivarae
July 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I think it depends on what kind of hairstyles you plan to use your flexis. I do use large ficcares, too, and I use a L flexi for holding log rolls, figure-8 buns and stuff like that. If I want to secure a cinnabun with a flexi, the XL is almost too small for my bun.

I hope that helps?

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 28th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I guess I would be using them for cinnamon buns, infinity buns, some braided buns mostly.. your hair is quite a bit thicker than mine, so how big of a part does thickness play in holding them up? My ponytail is about 2 3/4" around if that helps? :)

eresh
July 28th, 2009, 02:23 PM
WOOOOHHHH (I'll say beforehand: sorry, I'm all hyper)
My Flexi's arrived in the post today!

All Flexi's (no flash):
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9676/allemaalzonderflitsmaat.jpg

Close-up aurora borealis bead
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8283/closeupauroraborealis.jpg

Close-up royal blue (aurora borealis) bead
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4849/closeuproyalblue.jpg

My 2 favourites:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5480/favorieten.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3328/75487816.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/i/75487816.jpg/) http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1084/95177356.th.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/95177356.jpg/) http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4230/72035726.th.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/72035726.jpg/)
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1001/20010901.th.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/i/20010901.jpg/) http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5223/28572258.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/28572258.jpg/) http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8708/xxlc.th.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/xxlc.jpg/)

Hihi, ooh I'm so happy.
I tried them all out today with various hairdo's and all sizes work very well.
Only the colour amethyst in the S is not really good in my hair, it's invisible, so I know that for next time, no amethyst.
The customs were exactly as I had imagined them!
I'm already looking forward for when they have new designs!

To spare you all here I'll post the (MANY) flexi+hairdo pictures in my blog.
Otherwise it's too much I think.

eadwine
July 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Congrats!! I know they're a pretty lot :D

Iylivarae
July 29th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I guess I would be using them for cinnamon buns, infinity buns, some braided buns mostly.. your hair is quite a bit thicker than mine, so how big of a part does thickness play in holding them up? My ponytail is about 2 3/4" around if that helps? :)

I think if your hair is thinner than mine, then a XL could probably be too large. I just tried it again (haven't done it in a while) and I can still get my whole cinnabun in the XL. I am not yet at classic, though, but between tailbone and classic. My circumference is probably around 3 3/4 again, so... I think it is hard to find the right one for you. I did order 2 L and one XL, and I use all three from time to time. I think you should maybe go for an L and then see how it works. If it is too small for a cinnabun, you can still hold the inner part of the cinnabun and fix the ends with some kind of amish pins, and you could also use the L for other updos. I am really not sure if the XL is not too big for you.

Hope that helped?

paper
July 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM

All Flexi's (no flash):

My 2 favourites:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3328/75487816.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/i/75487816.jpg/) http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1084/95177356.th.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/95177356.jpg/) http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4230/72035726.th.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/72035726.jpg/)
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1001/20010901.th.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/i/20010901.jpg/) http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5223/28572258.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/28572258.jpg/) http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8708/xxlc.th.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/xxlc.jpg/)

Hihi, ooh I'm so happy.
Only the colour amethyst in the S is not really good in my hair, it's invisible, so I know that for next time, no amethyst.

Wow! Those are all gorgeous! Nice choices.

eresh
July 29th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks! I'm very happy with them :)

inertia
July 29th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I got my first Flexi-8s today! They're lovely and seem easy to use. I received them really quickly too -- I placed the order on the 22nd and received them 8 days later, which is quite fast for US to Japan.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3509&pictureid=46193

My size estimates were mostly about right. Mostly. For reference, my low ponytail is about 9 cm (3.5 in) and I have heavy layers starting at around SL. About half my hair is BSL or shorter.

I thought I could use the XS for half-ponytails but it's not large enough. That's okay, I can use it to clip small sections on the side. I'll give it another try after I've had my bangs trimmed.

The M works for a regular ponytail. Finally I can stop using scrunchies! My hair's not as thick as some people on this forum but still, I've never had any luck finding barrettes which will hold my ponytail.

The L currently works for a twist and the XL for a cinnabun. I expect I'll have to go up a size for each in a year or so as my layers grow out.

Looks like I'll "need" to place another order sometime for an S and maybe some more Ms and XLs. :inlove:

dernhelm
August 2nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
I love my flexi-8s! I only have four of them but I am looking forward to adding to my collection. Definitely more stylish then my scrunchies that I always used to wear. I have a mini, xsmall, small and medium.

I wish I had ordered two of the same minis, then I could have used them as barrettes for my sides. But I have had them since last year and I don't see the one that I have, otherwise I would get another to match. So I don't use my single mini all that much.

The xsmall and small I can use for half-ups. The small and medium I can use for ponytails.

Wonder what size I would need for a full-up? Large or Xlarge?

Olivia23
August 4th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Okay I was so excited to receive my flexi 8 today. I ordered a XL and a large. I know I have thick hair but I had no idea how thick until I put it in a bun and tried to get my XL flexi closed. It didn't even come close and my hair is only bsl and in long layers! I see some of you have XXL flexis so I emailed the company to see if I can return my second order that's on the way for a two XXL. I don't know why they don't sell XXL on their website. My second order I got a small and medium. I was thinking they would fit for updos twist etc. but the large fits perfect for those.

eresh
August 10th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I need to cheer myself up, so I'm staring at the Flexi-8 site again...
I want an extra M ... but I can't choose.

Does anyone have a jonquil? In hair picture maybe?
I'm doubting between the jonquil and an openflower center with AB beads or the antique brass princess tiara with AB

SimplyViki
August 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Wait... they have XXL?? I can barely get an XL to work, I have to kind of hair-stick weave the spindle part through only a part of the bun to make it close. Wow, I should look into getting an XXL.

wendyg
August 10th, 2009, 02:23 PM
eresh: I haven't seen it yet, but I picked up a jonquil off the swap board recently, and was told the yellow color is greenish - near-chartreuse. This appeals to me, though I don't know if it will to you.

wg

eresh
August 10th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Sounds nice!
I wonder if it will be visible on my haircolour.
Amethyst becomes invisible, so dus standard light blue (unless it has AB)

Found a picture on page 51!

julya
August 11th, 2009, 07:09 PM
eresh, I have an XL in the open flower design, and it is lovely. I try and get an action shot of it!

eresh
August 12th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks!!

It's my birthday soon ;)
One can never have too many Flexi's

Hiriel
August 22nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3722&pictureid=48318
Size large, celtic knot with jet black beads. I also have a small for ponytails, but I don't use it much, as it tends to snag. I can just barely close it, maybe that's why?
Anyone else have trouble with them snagging in ponytails or is mine just too small? I need an excuse to order again anyway, as I'm outgrowing the large one too. ;)

DolphinPrincess
August 22nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
Size large, celtic knot with jet black beads. I also have a small for ponytails, but I don't use it much, as it tends to snag. I can just barely close it, maybe that's why?
Anyone else have trouble with them snagging in ponytails or is mine just too small? I need an excuse to order again anyway, as I'm outgrowing the large one too. ;)

Gorgeous! I wear my hair exactly like that every day for work. :) I even have a flexi just like that one, but it is an XL.

Sorry, no advice on the ponytail, I never wear my hair like that.

Dachsdragon
August 22nd, 2009, 02:18 PM

I use mine for ponytails. I think you might need a bigger size if its snagging. My hair is shoulder length and the extra small snags but the small is really comfortable and holds perfectly.

jasper
August 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I ordered a couple to try them out. I put up a basic ponytail. When taking it out, some strands of hair got stuck between beads! Ack! Wondering how I went wrong there.

Snowflakey
August 24th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I just ordered a couple a few days ago, and I can't wait to get them and try them out!

tigerlily83
August 24th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I love all of them!! I will be in the market for a new flexi-8.... in a large, maybe even extra large. I want to know how you were able to get the one w/ the blue aurora borealis/dragonfly. Did you place a special order? I really really like the XXL ....but would only need a L or XL.

Thanks for sharing! I need to post a pic of my hair in my flexi-8's one of these days.

All Flexi's (no flash):

My 2 favourites:

Hihi, ooh I'm so happy.

eresh
August 25th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Yes the dragonfly/blue AB beads was a custom order, the XXL too.
You can ask them if it is possible what you'd like, it's 0,95 cents extra for a custom order.
I'm waiting for 2 new M's to arrive here :cheese:

rach
August 25th, 2009, 05:26 AM
ahhh keep me away!!!!!!

i don't need another one,i don't need another one,i don't need another one,i don't need another one,i don't need another one,i don't need another one,i don't need another one.......

dernhelm
August 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Yes, you do need another one....or five.

I need more, too. Some mediums for low ponytails and some xl for updos, oh, and maybe some sm or xs for half-ups.

Has anyone ever glued anything to one that is naked in the center, like an old brooch or pin?

DolphinPrincess
August 25th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I just had to share, this is how I wore my hair to work on Saturday. The flexis are both XL. I think I desperately need to order a XXL...
(All pictures are clickable for a bigger view)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/002-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/002.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/004-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/004.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/006-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/006.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/005-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/005.jpg)

eresh
August 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
That's really cute!!!

little_acorn
August 25th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I just had to share, this is how I wore my hair to work on Saturday. The flexis are both XL. I think I desperately need to order a XXL...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/002-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/002.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/004-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/004.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/006-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/006.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/005-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/dolphin_princess2004/005.jpg)

That's such a cute hairdo! Love it!!!

DolphinPrincess
August 25th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Hehe, thanks! My SO said it was 'weird' :rolleyes: lol.

shadowclaw
August 26th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I've apparently owned a Flexi-8 for quite a while and never knew it. I was never really into hair toys until recently. I still don't have many... one pair of hair sticks, some hairagami sticks, a few hair clips, a french comb... but that's changing!

Anyway, here's a picture:

http://www.snowdragon.org/stuff/flexi.jpg

I got this probably in 2002 at Hot Topic. I really got into fantasy stuff at that time and was on the lookout for fantasy-looking hair jewelry. Unfortunately, I couldn't make a good bun then, and using it as a ponytail holder never occured to me.

Now I think I can put it to good use.

CurlyGirlCa
August 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
PSA for Southern California Flexi-8 lovers or those travelling to So Cal over Labor Day Weekend. There will be a Flexi-8 booth at the Orange International Street Fair. I had called for information about ordering and they mentioned they'd be at the fair and since I live very close by, I'll be checking it out.

The Fair runs Friday-Sunday - always lots of food and crafts there. Happy Shopping.

rach
August 29th, 2009, 04:16 AM

that is so cute. :p

wendyg
August 29th, 2009, 03:42 PM
curlygirlca: take pictures!

wg

Marika
August 30th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I've been trying to ignore this thread for so long but now I just couldn't help myself anymore!:grin: And what did I do: I read all 74 pages and ordered two Flexis (XL)!

I'm getting:

Lite Pink Fairy with matching pink beadwork
Rainbow inspired gem cluster with multi-colored beads

Yes, I'm a girly girl (though I try to hide it)!:grnbiggri

Tess2319
August 30th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I ordered a couple of flexi-8's, a small and a medium, hoping they would work for my slippy hair.

I don't think I'll be able to use them "structurally". They just slide slowly down until something catches - usually one hair (ow!).

Very pretty, though.

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu282/tesskwiltz/flexi-8_med.jpghttp://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu282/tesskwiltz/flexi-8_sml.jpg

cocolover
August 30th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I think I am ready to try these out....any current coupon codes? Do they have usual times of the year where they do promos?

Dachsdragon
August 31st, 2009, 12:41 AM
I think I am ready to try these out....any current coupon codes? Do they have usual times of the year where they do promos?
This one is current: blue-32088

cocolover
August 31st, 2009, 12:55 AM
Thank you!

This one is current: blue-32088

Heidi_234
August 31st, 2009, 09:43 AM
This is probably been asked too many times, but -
I'm thinking now of getting a flexi-8 or two. What size/s should I go for?

eresh
August 31st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Depends what you like, I can use S for a ponytail and XS for half pony, M - XXL for buns :-)

eresh
August 31st, 2009, 12:42 PM
YAY!! My new flexi's were in the mail today!

M Princess tiara brass with AB beads + daisies
M Filigree dragonfly with light sapphire AB beads.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7778/flexis1.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/flexis1.jpg/) http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3558/flexis2.th.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/i/flexis2.jpg/)

In the shade and in the sun:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5241/brass1.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/i/brass1.jpg/) http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2228/brass2.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/brass2.jpg/)
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6387/blue1o.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/blue1o.jpg/) http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4643/blue2.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/i/blue2.jpg/)

In a braided bun:
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2890/flexibraidbun1.th.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/i/flexibraidbun1.jpg/)

And how I wore my hair today
(I can use an M in a braid, but have to use an S for a pony, M will slide out immediately)
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7859/vlecht.th.jpg (http://img169.imageshack.us/i/vlecht.jpg/)

eadwine
August 31st, 2009, 01:33 PM
*sigh* I want your hair...

Heidi_234
August 31st, 2009, 02:07 PM
Depends what you like, I can use S for a ponytail and XS for half pony, M - XXL for buns :-)
Is the difference between the S and the M is big though? It would be kind of disappointing to find out it's too small for my circumference. :confused:

eresh
August 31st, 2009, 02:37 PM
S is 3 1/4 " and M is 3 3/4".

eadwine
August 31st, 2009, 02:40 PM
Yep.. as per the flexi-8 site :)

Heidi_234
August 31st, 2009, 02:40 PM
S is 3 1/4 " and M is 3 3/4".
I should have known to check it myself :doh: Obviously.
Thanks.

julya
August 31st, 2009, 03:07 PM
Those are very pretty Eresh!

rach
September 2nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
In a braided bun:
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2890/flexibraidbun1.th.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/i/flexibraidbun1.jpg/)

And how I wore my hair today
(I can use an M in a braid, but have to use an S for a pony, M will slide out immediately)
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7859/vlecht.th.jpg (http://img169.imageshack.us/i/vlecht.jpg/)
i do like these variants :)

eresh
September 2nd, 2009, 09:25 AM