PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Valkyriejae
August 27th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I'm slogging my way through the ordering process now. It's slow, but at least it's not losing my information every time I add something to my cart ><
I absolutely LOVE the new FOTM. My dad's fam is Scottish, and I've always liked thistles, plus I've been trying to find a suitable hairtoy for Remembrance Day ceremonies (last couple years I've just worn a plain ebony fork) and this would be perfectly suited with purple and a thistle.

ETA: I've settled on the thistle, the owl, the tawny and the new turtle for now. I'm not 100% sure about the tubing, but I love the turtle centerpiece, so worst case scenario is I get a flexi to take apart and experiment with :)

DollyDagger
August 27th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Woohoo...order complete!
3 new flexis on their way with FREE shipping :happydance:

Now I am on a shopping hold until 2017 ~ TOY COLLECTION COMPLETE :p

*I need to use EVERY toy in my collection the next year ;)
..nice :) congrats ..ooo that will be good if you can manage that.

But don't mind me...happy shopping ladies (This was my 2nd order in the past month) LOL
..nice :) congrats ..ooo that will be good if you can manage that. Ive been on a terrible spree between products and hair toys. Divine intervention it is that i cant get this order through..should i give it another try though..?? : ) MMMMMaaybe

rags
August 27th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Aargh I got on - but I'm only getting the one flexi thing. Bah humbug.

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2015, 10:46 AM
..nice :) congrats ..ooo that will be good if you can manage that. Ive been on a terrible spree between products and hair toys. Divine intervention it is that i cant get this order through..should i give it another try though..?? : ) MMMMMaaybe

LOL I just found the 'Hairtoy time-out support' thread....I;ll be jumping on that for sure ;)

I'd just wait...it will go through; check out was fine for me.

Theobroma
August 27th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I just made some extra money with surveys, so.. I put that to good use. Yup.. after TWO hours :lol: I managed to get two more in the cart. Rays of sunshine and night owl. :)

Oooh, I got Night Owl as well! I've been eyeing it up for ages, and at 30% off it was too good to resist. An XL for under $15? Bring it on! :D

I also got Floral Design and the new Pearl. Not sure I completely trust that PVC tubing, but the action shot combined with the 15% discount convinced me. I really like how it looks in an updo, so we'll just have to hope the PVC is durable enough!

Aargh I got on - but I'm only getting the one flexi thing. Bah humbug.

I had that issue for at least a couple of hours, but when I tried again later the site was working normally. (If "glacially slow" counts as "normally".)

rags
August 27th, 2015, 10:59 AM
I only want a mini! (It's not like I can wear anything else right now anyway :p ). I've gotten just the one flexi showing, then the list but firestorm error, and now it appears to be moving - albeit glacially slow as you said, Theobroma!

It makes you want to quit even looking. I hope they fix it soon.

ETA: Firestorm error and it dumped my cart. I'm done for now.

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I feel for you ladies...it was frustrating at times....and hope you get what you want....soon!!

DollyDagger
August 27th, 2015, 11:04 AM
LOL I just found the 'Hairtoy time-out support' thread....I;ll be jumping on that for sure ;)

I'd just wait...it will go through; check out was fine for me.

that sounds good...:)
ive got my cart filled ill try checking out in a minute..just gotta looksee at one more little pretty....

eadwine
August 27th, 2015, 11:09 AM
ive got my cart filled ill try checking out in a minute..just gotta looksee at one more little pretty....
That sounds like we are coping with the same addiction.. hmm? :lol:

jennareid
August 27th, 2015, 11:10 AM
There was the same problem last time but I powered through. I'm not even trying this time. I checked a few times over the course of the day and I can't even access the online store at all. They say techs are working on it, but they should have been working long before the sale started. They know it does this every single time, they should have been prepared. I'll stick to taking my chances on the swap board. Don't think I'll order from them again.

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2015, 11:11 AM
That sounds like we are coping with the same addiction.. hmm? :lol:

When they have a sale....it can happen lol

I had one...bought 2 years ago when I joined, then just bought one a month ago....thought I was done; until this sale :p

NOW I am done :wannabe:

eadwine
August 27th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Whahahaha that is what I thought some 20 flexis ago......

Theobroma
August 27th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I only want a mini! (It's not like I can wear anything else right now anyway :p ). I've gotten just the one flexi showing, then the list but firestorm error, and now it appears to be moving - albeit glacially slow as you said, Theobroma!

It makes you want to quit even looking. I hope they fix it soon.

ETA: Firestorm error and it dumped my cart. I'm done for now.

Gah! I'd email them with the style and size you want. I think they've accepted email orders in the past when the page was acting up!

Scarlet_Heart
August 27th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Got my simple gold, woop woop.

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Got my simple gold, woop woop.

I got that too :)

Along with the 'floral metals' and 'Montana'.

And the 'gold/pearl tree of life' earlier this month :wannabe:

Scarlet_Heart
August 27th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Good haul, GG! :applause:

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Good haul, GG! :applause:

Yeah...not bad (compared to some here) lol

Add those to my aurora I bought 2 years ago and I am happy :)

ravenreed
August 27th, 2015, 12:09 PM
I had thought of that, but I don't know the name of the new style that I want because I can't get the pictures to load.

Gah! I'd email them with the style and size you want. I think they've accepted email orders in the past when the page was acting up!

Scarlet_Heart
August 27th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Yeah...not bad (compared to some here) lol

Add those to my aurora I bought 2 years ago and I am happy :)

Yea, I'm not much of a flexi gal. But I've often seen the simple flexi and dreamed that they would make it in gold. I have two old ones, a celtic heart and a tree of life (both silver-toned) and then last summer I got the gold open flower just to have a gold one. I rarely use them because I don't like silver and the gold flower is very dressy. I have a feeling I'll wear the simple gold a lot. I like matching my flexi to my jewelry. :)

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Yea, I'm not much of a flexi gal. But I've often seen the simple flexi and dreamed that they would make it in gold. I have two old ones, a celtic heart and a tree of life (both silver-toned) and then last summer I got the gold open flower just to have a gold one. I rarely use them because I don't like silver and the gold flower is very dressy. I have a feeling I'll wear the simple gold a lot. I like matching my flexi to my jewelry. :)

I am interested in using mine more now that I have secure LWB's.

And I LOVE matching earrings to hair toys :thumbsup:

KittyBird
August 27th, 2015, 12:40 PM
The "Montana" clip is growing on me, I like it more and more.. I got some birthday money from my grandmother today, so I can afford to buy another clip.. The emerald dream is 30% off though, and I want that one in XXL too. I'll sleep on it and decided tomorrow. Hope they haven't sold out by then :p

AlyBlu
August 27th, 2015, 01:23 PM
I really like the way the montana looks but I also love the dusky plum, which is the same style center peice.

The site is finally moving for me.

two_wheels
August 27th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Well hello tawny flexi... how gorgeous. I couldn't access the site on my phone this morning so had to wait til now... hoping it will work now

Edit: Well ugh, that didn't work, stupid website issues. Guess I'll try another day.

ravenreed
August 27th, 2015, 02:43 PM
I was successful but only by switching to IE. Also, I couldn't pay with Paypal, I had to pay with a credit card. I hope that helps anyone still struggling! It took me a few hours. *sigh*

two_wheels
August 27th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Ah unfortunately I counterbalance my hairtoy spendthrift nature with a properly cheap operating system (linux) so no internet explorer for me....
Patience is a virtue, right?
Hopefully everyone else hates the tawny so I can buy mine when things calm down :lol:

ravenreed
August 27th, 2015, 02:51 PM
I NEVER use IE, but desperate times call for desperate measures, huh? You might try contacting them directly and seeing if they can help. Good luck.

Ah unfortunately I counterbalance my hairtoy spendthrift nature with a properly cheap operating system (linux) so no internet explorer for me....
Patience is a virtue, right?
Hopefully everyone else hates the tawny so I can buy mine when things calm down :lol:

AlyBlu
August 27th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Mine just went through fairly quickly. Using Safari. No paypal issues.

two_wheels
August 27th, 2015, 03:00 PM
I NEVER use IE, but desperate times call for desperate measures, huh? You might try contacting them directly and seeing if they can help. Good luck.
I respect a lady who never uses IE!

Mine just went through fairly quickly. Using Safari. No paypal issues.
Encouraged, I tried again. This time I signed in *before* adding the flexi to my cart. Then clicked through as quickly as possible. Success!
I love turquoise and non- (or not entirely-) silver flexis so this is very exciting for me :o

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Glad you all got through!
Looking forward to everyone's action pics :popcorn:

rags
August 27th, 2015, 03:39 PM
I eventually got through on Safari also (Chrome, not so much luck). IE is horrid and I don't ever use it either unless every other browser I have refuses to work!

I only wanted the Montana - love the blues!

I ended up with a small as well as a mini - but it will be a few months for an action shot from me I think (why, oh why didn't I cut to APL instead of shoulder??? :p )

<hairtoy problems> :p

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I eventually got through on Safari also (Chrome, not so much luck). IE is horrid and I don't ever use it either unless every other browser I have refuses to work!

I only wanted the Montana - love the blues!

I ended up with a small as well as a mini - but it will be a few months for an action shot from me I think (why, oh why didn't I cut to APL instead of shoulder??? :p )

<hairtoy problems> :p

Yay Rags :)
You'll fit into them very soon!
I loved those blues the best too after comparing it with the others.

cutekitty
August 27th, 2015, 06:08 PM
I can't pay with Paypal :/

eadwine
August 27th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Here is another linux user, been that for yeaaaars :lol: It makes no difference what your OS is. The site was having issues, not your browser or your OS.

My first two orders are marked as shipped, yay!

ravenreed
August 27th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Actually, Firefox wouldn't even load the full site for me. I could see just one clip on the page before it would hang and give me an error message. With IE, I got to see everything, it was just the checkout process that was buggy.

Here is another linux user, been that for yeaaaars :lol: It makes no difference what your OS is. The site was having issues, not your browser or your OS.

My first two orders are marked as shipped, yay!

eadwine
August 27th, 2015, 11:58 PM
It was intermittent. Sometimes that happened, sometimes it didn't. I have tried various browsers and they all gave me that behavior at times, so it wasn't browser specific, it was the site.

lapushka
August 28th, 2015, 05:48 AM
It's been known for a while to be the site, so it seems a bit silly to start blaming browsers and OSs. :)

ravenreed
August 28th, 2015, 07:09 AM
I am not blaming any browsers. There can be incompatibilities with any website and certain browsers, for what ever reason. This isn't the firs time that swapping browsers has been the only way to get a site to load properly for me. I am just reporting what worked for me so others might be able to order. It was pretty clear. Repeatedly loading the site on Firefox gave me errors for two hours. I pop over to EI and it loaded right away. I closed up everything, shut down my computer. Went to run errands. Tried FF again and got the same errors. Went back to IE and the site was fully loaded again. So swap browsers, don't swap, IDC. However, I am not the only one who had success by swapping.

It's been known for a while to be the site, so it seems a bit silly to start blaming browsers and OSs. :)

cutekitty
August 28th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Seriously that's the most poorly designed website I have ever seen :disgust:

Johannah
August 28th, 2015, 08:02 AM
I'm looking forward to see action pics of the blue leaf festive :D

Valkyriejae
August 28th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I adore the bead colours for the Montana, but I'm not sold on the centerpiece. It's too much metal, and not enough blue for me. I would love to have seen something like an enameled cornflower (which google has informed me is actually what I thought and not really cornflower, but flax.) Or possible a blue sky with a sun or something like that. This one just feels too blah for the lovely colour.
Oh, or the hues of blues centerpiece. How I miss the days when they would swap out the center for you...

two_wheels
August 28th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Yep I was having safari repeatedly fail to load the storefront (showing only one clip) at the same time as the site working in chrome. Sites break in a browser-specific way all the time. Not OS as far as I know, but that's why I couldn't use IE.

Aaaanyway. Looking forward to action pics of everyone's pretties!

Nebulae
August 28th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Just bought the gold band (it will match so nicely with my tree of life!), and a pair of copper rose you-pins slipped into my cart as well ;)

If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have known about the sale.. never got an e-mail!

Even though I like the new styles with the tubing I didn't feel they were enough 'me', so I didn't get any of those.

KittyBird
August 31st, 2015, 03:18 AM
Tracking says that my clip arrived in Oslo yesterday, so it'll probably get here today or tomorrow. Can't wait! :popcorn:

lazuliblue
August 31st, 2015, 04:03 AM
I didn't get anything in the end. By the time I go back from being out the sale had nearly ended, it was past midnight here and I didn't want to try to get the site to work! As two_wheels says, I am looking forward to seeing people's clips! I might still get the Montana clip.

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 05:04 AM
Two out of three orders will be here tomorrow :)

Johannah
August 31st, 2015, 06:21 AM
Two out of three orders will be here tomorrow :)

:popcorn::popcorn: did you buy the new festive leaf?

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 09:39 AM
Nope. I got tawny, rays of sunshine, montana, night owl and paw print.

snowbear1005
August 31st, 2015, 10:18 AM
These are beautiful. Where do you buy them? I can't find a website that isn't a regional consultant and I can't find any of those close to me!

Johannah
August 31st, 2015, 11:11 AM
Nope. I got tawny, rays of sunshine, montana, night owl and paw print.

That's what I meant with 'new festive leaf' ;) I'll be waiting for pics :rolling:

Johannah
August 31st, 2015, 11:11 AM
These are beautiful. Where do you buy them? I can't find a website that isn't a regional consultant and I can't find any of those close to me!

lillarose.biz :)

parkmikii
August 31st, 2015, 11:46 AM
So I tried to make an account but they don't have my country listed :/

ravenreed
August 31st, 2015, 12:01 PM
Well, that is a bummer! If you haven't tried the LHC swap board, some of my favorite hair accessories have come from there, including a Lilla Rose piece.

So I tried to make an account but they don't have my country listed :/

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 12:01 PM
parkmikii: I would say use the contact form here: http://www.lillarose.biz/lillarose/contact.html

and just ask them :) They'll get back to you pretty quickly

That's what I meant with 'new festive leaf' ;) I'll be waiting for pics :rolling:
:lol: OWHHHH!! hahahaha pics will come!

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2015, 12:26 PM
I am (impatiently) waiting for the mail to come; I think my pins will be coming today :shrug: lol

parkmikii
August 31st, 2015, 12:31 PM
parkmikii: I would say use the contact form here: http://www.lillarose.biz/lillarose/contact.html

Thank you, I'll ask them about it :)

Scarlet_Heart
August 31st, 2015, 12:33 PM
My simple gold came today! I'm wearing and loving it now. I'll take a pic tomorrow for the WEO thread. :disco:

Johannah
August 31st, 2015, 12:36 PM

I'm sorry, I was too lazy to search for the real name lol :lol:

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry, I was too lazy to search for the real name lol :lol:

No worries :lol: I thought it was just called that *snort*

parkmikii
August 31st, 2015, 12:52 PM
Well, that is a bummer! If you haven't tried the LHC swap board, some of my favorite hair accessories have come from there, including a Lilla Rose piece.

I have been hunting the swap board for a while but I didn't really see any emerald flexi in xl. Oh well, I guess I just need to be patient :)

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2015, 01:09 PM
I am (impatiently) waiting for the mail to come; I think my pins will be coming today :shrug: lol

They came :love::hollie:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18737&d=1441048063

parkmikii
August 31st, 2015, 01:13 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18737&d=1441048063

They are gorgeous! :o

rags
August 31st, 2015, 01:19 PM
Those are gorgeous, GG! The simple gold is somehow prettier in your shot than in the store one.

I got my Montana's today too - it is one of my very favorite Flexi's EVER. I LOVE this thing!!

I may have to order a medium too. :p (I got mini for half-ups and small for whenever I"m able to bun again, and for French twists.).

AlyBlu
August 31st, 2015, 01:21 PM

Very nice - I adore the mixed metals one!

Mine should be here tomorrow.

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2015, 01:26 PM
They are gorgeous! :o
Thanks...I am happy with them...and the sale ;)

Those are gorgeous, GG! The simple gold is somehow prettier in your shot than in the store one.

I got my Montana's today too - it is one of my very favorite Flexi's EVER. I LOVE this thing!!

I may have to order a medium too. :p (I got mini for half-ups and small for whenever I"m able to bun again, and for French twists.).
Yes...the colors are so very pretty :thumbs:
My first flexis were mediums...I am stoked I can now wear a large lol

Very nice - I adore the mixed metals one!
Mine should be here tomorrow.
I hope so; they seem very fast!
Mixed metals are a fav of mine...I have some forks in my toy album :)

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 01:34 PM
They look awesome! Can't wait to receive three of my five new pretties!

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2015, 02:02 PM
They look awesome! Can't wait to receive three of my five new pretties!

You have an amazing collection from the pics I have seen :thud:

About how many do you have; are they your sole 'go to' hair toy?

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 02:08 PM
Uhmm.. lemme go count...

...37... :couch:

Two of those are small ones though, XS and S, I need to see if I can find a way to wear them :)

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2015, 02:10 PM
Uhmm.. lemme go count...

...37...ROFLOL...I can't wait for this :popcorn:

ETA: I just noticed you popped in the 37 ;)

Are they your MAIN hair toy...or do you use/collect sticks and forks extensively as well?

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 02:14 PM
At least it is a collection built up over the years *giggle* I couldn't believe it.. I thought I was still in the 20s. Mind, that is without the new ones counted.. dear lord.

I have been wearing a different one each day lately, trying to go through all. I wear them for work as they are so practical, but even though I haven't been able to for over a month (yay knee injury) I have been trying to keep that one a day thing going.

Ahh flip it, I wear these things all the time save for in bed :lol:

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2015, 02:21 PM
At least it is a collection built up over the years *giggle* I couldn't believe it.. I thought I was still in the 20s. Mind, that is without the new ones counted.. dear lord.

I have been wearing a different one each day lately, trying to go through all. I wear them for work as they are so practical, but even though I haven't been able to for over a month (yay knee injury) I have been trying to keep that one a day thing going.

Ahh flip it, I wear these things all the time save for in bed :lol:
Hey...I think it's great you get use out of each one ~ enjoy :thumbsup:

Aside from the expensive shops (TT) etc...I have a pretty nice selection of toys from the favorite shops IMHO) ;)
They are a variety of colors/styles that I collected as I grew my hair out the past 2 years.
I am very happy to choose a new toy each day and try a new style etc; the smaller toys I now use for half ups.
Nothing collects dust...and each one is used at some point during the year :)

*I go to Church once a week and food shopping...that's it; so I bling it up for the JOY of it...for ME! :D lol

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 02:30 PM
Yup.. these are for ME as well, I love them and I have some clients who keep looking if I have something different in. One actually just grabs my head and turns me around :lol:

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Yup.. these are for ME as well, I love them and I have some clients who keep looking if I have something different in. One actually just grabs my head and turns me around :lol:

Oh that's right...you are a health aide :thumbsup:
We chatted long ago (I'm a retired nurse) :)

It's fun dressing things up (hair etc) at the holidays!

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 02:43 PM
Yup. Been calling in on them today for a bit, they are doing well but can't wait for me to return and do the job proper again :lol:

Gotta love being so appreciated! If all goes well I should be in starting next week, working half days, and if that goes well back to my full schedule again the week after. Love my job, definitely hated being sick and all that comes with that, bah.

And yes, especially for the holidays I usually grab a nice flexi and dress that up with something fun, just like last Christmas :D

lapushka
August 31st, 2015, 04:02 PM
Did I hear someone call me? 37 Flexi8s you said? ;) Well, as long as you enjoy them, that's the most important part. :D

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2015, 04:21 PM
Yup. Been calling in on them today for a bit, they are doing well but can't wait for me to return and do the job proper again :lol:

Gotta love being so appreciated! If all goes well I should be in starting next week, working half days, and if that goes well back to my full schedule again the week after. Love my job, definitely hated being sick and all that comes with that, bah.

And yes, especially for the holidays I usually grab a nice flexi and dress that up with something fun, just like last Christmas :D

That's great :thumbsup:
Home/Visiting Nursing was the highlight of my career....I LOVED it!

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 11:10 PM
For me it's not the nursing part that I do, but the home care. Helping out around the house. Thank goodness I am in that area, because with the cutbacks the care part now means: washdrybye. I am there for three hours, so enough time to really build a bond.

Yep Lapushka.. it's baaaaad :lol:

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2015, 11:19 PM
For me it's not the nursing part that I do, but the home care. Helping out around the house. Thank goodness I am in that area, because with the cutbacks the care part now means: washdrybye. I am there for three hours, so enough time to really build a bond.
:

You provide a valuable service!

eadwine
August 31st, 2015, 11:32 PM

:blushing: :flower:

AlyBlu
September 1st, 2015, 02:02 AM
Yep Lapushka.. it's baaaaad :lol: i think I shall refrain from fessing up to how many I have.

eadwine
September 1st, 2015, 02:43 AM
i think I shall refrain from fessing up to how many I have.

*poke* Fess up.. now! ;)

eadwine
September 1st, 2015, 04:26 AM
Ok.. first order is here.. I guess the one other (tawny) will come tomorrow then. Order nr 3 is still in transit.

Paw print and montana:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/pawprints.jpg http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/montanas.jpg

KittyBird
September 1st, 2015, 04:30 AM
Ooo, the montana is gorgeous! :thud:

Theobroma
September 1st, 2015, 06:26 AM
Ok.. first order is here.. I guess the one other (tawny) will come tomorrow then. [/IMG]

What, from last week's sale? That was fast! Mine were only shipped yesterday...

Beautiful clips, by the way!

eadwine
September 1st, 2015, 06:35 AM
They are all from the sale, yes. :)

lapushka
September 1st, 2015, 08:01 AM

Yes, she does! :D :blossom: Talking from the perspective of a disabled lady, I can assure you the help is appreciated by the clients she has! My mom does most of those tasks for me so that's why I know how invaluable that kind of help is!!!

KittyBird
September 1st, 2015, 08:31 AM
Tawny is here! It's a gorgeous clip, except for one little thing that bugs the heck out of me. The turquoise in the centerpiece is not actually in the center! At first I thought my clip was defective, but I looked at the official picture on lillarose, and it looks like pretty much all the clips have the turquoise slightly off-center. Why on earth would they do that? It can't be that hard to make a somewhat symmetrical centerpiece, can it? :mad:
</rant>
All in all, I really like the clip and I think it goes well with my hennaed hair. I just have to try my best to not look too closely at the centerpiece.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0077%20copy_zps6hcaxont.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0078%20copy_zps6psa7pae.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0080%20copy_zpscrj0gr9a.jpg

eadwine
September 1st, 2015, 08:45 AM
Oh man.. that is the first thing I noticed as well in your picture.. dang.. it looks like they aligned it with the sides of one outer leaf. >.<

It is beautiful otherwise though, looks great in your hair :)

But yeah I hear you loud and clear!

Lapushka: *blush*

Groovy Granny
September 1st, 2015, 08:48 AM
Ok.. first order is here.. I guess the one other (tawny) will come tomorrow then. Order nr 3 is still in transit.

Paw print and montana:

They should hire you as a LR model :thud:
(I left the action shots to you; I don't do them justice lol)

DollyDagger
September 1st, 2015, 08:50 AM
I had my cart filled and disappearing on me so many times I've forgotten what I ordered but I got the shipping notice today. I didn't look though. It will be a nice surprise :)

ETA: I totally love these things! They're so comfy and look great. Wish I had one for every day of the year :)

Groovy Granny
September 1st, 2015, 08:51 AM
I had my cart filled and disappearing on me so many times I've forgotten what I ordered but I got the shipping notice today. I didn't look though. It will be a nice surprise :)

LOL Good luck ;)

ravenreed
September 1st, 2015, 08:58 AM
Hm. That is going to bother me too. I wish I had noticed before I ordered it. I have a Tree of Life that is one bead off and it bugs me no end. Sadly, I didn't notice it until it was too late to return it.

Tawny is here! It's a gorgeous clip, except for one little thing that bugs the heck out of me. The turquoise in the centerpiece is not actually in the center! At first I thought my clip was defective, but I looked at the official picture on lillarose, and it looks like pretty much all the clips have the turquoise slightly off-center. Why on earth would they do that? It can't be that hard to make a somewhat symmetrical centerpiece, can it? :mad:
</rant>
All in all, I really like the clip and I think it goes well with my hennaed hair. I just have to try my best to not look too closely at the centerpiece.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0077%20copy_zps6hcaxont.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0078%20copy_zps6psa7pae.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair/DSC_0080%20copy_zpscrj0gr9a.jpg

DollyDagger
September 1st, 2015, 09:04 AM
</rant>

Stunning! This one was my fave of the new ones. That's funny about the centerpiece being askew. Oh well, look at it as a quirky charm.

DollyDagger
September 1st, 2015, 09:05 AM

Paw print and montana:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/pawprints.jpg http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/montanas.jpg

Both so beautiful in your hair!

Groovy Granny
September 1st, 2015, 09:27 AM
</rant>

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but can understand your being upset now that you do know it is off.
Did you contact them?

Hm. That is going to bother me too. I wish I had noticed before I ordered it. I have a Tree of Life that is one bead off and it bugs me no end. Sadly, I didn't notice it until it was too late to return it.
That's too bad :(
I ran off to check the one I just got :p it is fine (whew).

Oh well, look at it as a quirky charm.You always have the greatest attitude :thumbsup:

DollyDagger
September 1st, 2015, 09:36 AM
You always have the greatest attitude
Groovy Granny Yours aint too shabby either ! :) YOU=Tenaciously Attaining TailboneLength Tendrils! TATT! :)

Groovy Granny
September 1st, 2015, 09:39 AM
Yours aint too shabby either ! :) YOU=Tenaciously Attaining TailboneLength Tendrils! TATT! :)

LOL Thanks :)

I won't be going that far down the line (I don't think) ;)

eadwine
September 1st, 2015, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the compliments!

I actually check each flexi these days before taking it out of the wrapper. I want to make sure mine is even since I heard about that flaw one time.

DollyDagger
September 1st, 2015, 10:14 AM
LOL Thanks :)

I won't be going that far down the line (I don't think) ;)

You never know ...:wink:

AlyBlu
September 1st, 2015, 11:15 AM
*poke* Fess up.. now! ;)

Errr...59.... Shhh....

Groovy Granny
September 1st, 2015, 11:16 AM
You never know ...:wink:
I know ~ that seems to be the trend....going beyond goals lol
We'll see what next year brings; I'll be teasing at hip cuz it is so close anyway :D

AlyBlu
September 1st, 2015, 11:16 AM
The Tawny and Montana look awesome! I kinda like that it is off center, but I like the weird quirks.

Mine should be here today!

Johannah
September 1st, 2015, 11:28 AM
Uhmm.. lemme go count...

...37... :couch:

Two of those are small ones though, XS and S, I need to see if I can find a way to wear them :)

Eadwine, I'm proud of you. lol :applause

I'm waiting for a photograph of all 37 in one picture, kay? :p

Scarlet_Heart
September 1st, 2015, 11:30 AM
I would never have noticed that, kittybird. I think it looks beautiful against your hair color.

Here's the simple gold. Not the greatest action shot, but I'm really happy with it. I see myself wearing it a lot because I wear yellow gold jewelry.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/eelaynuh/Hair/Day3_zpscntquvwa.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/user/eelaynuh/media/Hair/Day3_zpscntquvwa.jpg.html)

[x-posted to WEO thread]

Johannah
September 1st, 2015, 11:30 AM
</rant>

Oh it looks stunning!!

KittyBird
September 1st, 2015, 11:46 AM
Oh man.. that is the first thing I noticed as well in your picture.. dang.. it looks like they aligned it with the sides of one outer leaf. >.<

It is beautiful otherwise though, looks great in your hair :)

But yeah I hear you loud and clear!

Lapushka: *blush*
Thank you! Yeah, I think that's what they've done. I don't get why. :shrug: I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of yours when it arrives, I hope it'll be more centered than mine :)

I'm not bothered by minor flaws, but bigger ones, like this one or a missing bead, drive me nuts! At least I can't see it when I'm wearing the clip, so I'll just try to not think about it. I'm certainly glad I got it on sale, because paying full price for a clip with a wonky centerpiece would make me very annoyed and frustrated.

Stunning! This one was my fave of the new ones. That's funny about the centerpiece being askew. Oh well, look at it as a quirky charm.
Thank you, thinking of it like that helps a lot. I'm sure people around me won't even notice it.

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but can understand your being upset now that you do know it is off.
Did you contact them?

No, not sure if I will. I'll wait and see if the other tawny clips are as wonky as mine. It does look like it's supposed to be that way, judging by the picture on lillarose.

ETA. Thank you, Scarlet_Heart and Johannah!
The simple band gold looks beautiful, I'm considering buying one. Maybe when my next paycheck arrives.

eadwine
September 1st, 2015, 12:22 PM
Errr...59.... Shhh....
:lol: Wow :D

Eadwine, I'm proud of you. lol :applause

I'm waiting for a photograph of all 37 in one picture, kay? :p
I can do that sometime, sure :) I'll make a pic when all the young'uns are here as well :)

Thank you! Yeah, I think that's what they've done. I don't get why. :shrug: I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of yours when it arrives, I hope it'll be more centered than mine :)
If all goes the way it should go it should be here tomorrow.. the two orders arrived in the country on the same day after all.

Johannah
September 1st, 2015, 12:48 PM
I can do that sometime, sure :) I'll make a pic when all the young'uns are here as well :)

I bet that picture will be one big peace of art ;) Can't wait, ha!

Nebulae
September 1st, 2015, 01:08 PM
My order finally shipped! It probably won't make it before the weekend anymore.. though I'm hoping for another freakishly fast delivery :D

lazuliblue
September 1st, 2015, 02:05 PM
I have to say, even if the Tawny clip may be a little bit off-centre, I really like it!

missblueeyes
September 1st, 2015, 02:43 PM
I'd be a big fan of the Tawny clip if the centerpiece wouldn't be off-center! That's bothering me more than I'd admit.
I do happen to love the Montana clip, though. I saw action pics just a moment ago and now I need it. :S

two_wheels
September 1st, 2015, 03:36 PM
Hmm 5 leaves on top of 6 background leaves was never going to be ideal.... but I still love it :)

eadwine
September 2nd, 2015, 05:25 AM
My new clip, tawny, and something that snuck itself in my hair while braiding hahaha

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/tawnys.jpg

I am not as bothered as I thought it was.. could be the direction toward its "offness", dunno. I have written Steve an email asking why the 5leaf isn't centered. We'll see.

lapushka
September 2nd, 2015, 06:17 AM
My new clip, tawny, and something that snuck itself in my hair while braiding hahaha

I am not as bothered as I thought it was.. could be the direction toward its "offness", dunno. I have written Steve an email asking why the 5leaf isn't centered. We'll see.

I actually thought that was gray hair, and was almost celebrating for you. Haha! :lol:
Pretty clip, pretty updo!

eadwine
September 2nd, 2015, 06:46 AM
I have them, like maybe three or so that I have found so far, but not there in the braid part :lol: That bit is all full blown henna still. Outgrown bit is about 4-5 cm I think.

The grays are sparkly silvers, so we'll see how that is going to progress in time :) But they are the reason I am growing the henna out now. FINALLY getting some grays at age 42, and I always knew I wanted to go gray gradually, not with a clear line, hence :)

Johannah
September 2nd, 2015, 08:54 AM

It's really pretty! And you know what they say... "Home is where the cat hair sticks to everything but the cat". ;)

eadwine
September 2nd, 2015, 09:12 AM
It's really pretty! And you know what they say... "Home is where the cat hair sticks to everything but the cat". ;)

:lol: Indeed!

lazuliblue
September 2nd, 2015, 09:22 AM
Oh wow eadwine, the tawny clip looks gorgeous in your hair!! I and wants the Montana but seeing the action shots I really like the tawny.

eadwine
September 2nd, 2015, 09:28 AM
Thanks Lazuliblue :D

TrapperCreekD
September 2nd, 2015, 10:25 AM
Loving the new designs! I was *this* close to caving and getting something during the sale but the Sea Hibiscus was sold out. Saving me from myself, really! I'm really on the fence about this month's FOTM. My Outlander-loving heart loves the purple and thistle idea, but... the centerpiece doesn't make it a "wow, I must have this right this minute", though it could easily grow on me. :shrug:

Groovy Granny
September 2nd, 2015, 10:34 AM

On your clip we really have to look for it!
If we didn't know there was a problem with others, we most likely would miss is altogether!

LOL at the cat hair :)

Beautiful hair pic ......as usual :thumbsup:

AlyBlu
September 2nd, 2015, 10:43 AM
Eadwine absolutely gorgeous.

I got this months flexi. I will try and get some got pics of it. I am really happy with it.

eadwine
September 2nd, 2015, 12:49 PM
thanks groovy granny and alyblu! :D

Gabriel
September 3rd, 2015, 09:34 PM
I got a couple of flexis in the sale. The snowflake and I tried the new style turtle flexi. Both megas/XXL. Here's a pic, since I always appreciate browsing pictures here in this thread myself. It's the only way I've ever really been inspired to try a flexi besides seeing them in real life before. You all should really get a commission because I'm sure they sell better based on this thread than in their online website.

[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/668/21124374245_56b030f61d_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ybFWv4)flexi-8 (https://flic.kr/p/ybFWv4)

And for comparison, the top three are megas/XXL and the bottom is an XL.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5833/20936270800_94dd67f0b9_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/xU4RUd)flexi-8 (https://flic.kr/p/xU4RUd)

eadwine
September 4th, 2015, 12:18 AM
Lillarose should TOTALLY put that turtle on a regular flexi. I bet it would sell like crazy. It looks a lot better in your picture!

Wosie
September 4th, 2015, 02:20 AM
On my (gee, I can't remember the name of it anymore, what's happened to the flexi geek that is me?!)... Autumn Leaf? No, Festive Fallen Leaf, the centrepiece is off as well and I bought it a long time ago. It was the first thing that came into my mind as I lay my eyes upon it. ;( I love the design, but I still don't feel like wearing it often as it looks rather unbalanced. I think this design looks its very best when one of the petals of the middle flower is pointed upwards.

As in this lovely picture:

Festive Fallen Leaf http://i39.tinypic.com/jq0y10.jpg

I'm a perfectionist (which is quite irksome [!]) and thus I seldom pick flexis where centrepieces can look quite different from piece to piece anymore... :/

lazuliblue
September 4th, 2015, 02:46 AM
The turtle does look really nice Gabriel! And I agree, this thread inspired me to wear my flexis more, I tend to get stuck in a rut of just wearing hair sticks but to me flexis look so pretty, and so I have worn mine quite a bit more recently and enjoyed it. I told myself I wouldn't buy another flexi until I wore the ones I have a bit more (which I have now done :D)

I can't understand why they wouldn't centre the little flower so that the petal is pointing up Wosie it just makes more sense to do it that way. Ah well!

Johannah
September 4th, 2015, 05:04 AM
I got a couple of flexis in the sale. The snowflake and I tried the new style turtle flexi. Both megas/XXL. Here's a pic, since I always appreciate browsing pictures here in this thread myself. It's the only way I've ever really been inspired to try a flexi besides seeing them in real life before. You all should really get a commission because I'm sure they sell better based on this thread than in their online website.

[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/668/21124374245_56b030f61d_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ybFWv4)flexi-8 (https://flic.kr/p/ybFWv4)

And for comparison, the top three are megas/XXL and the bottom is an XL.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5833/20936270800_94dd67f0b9_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/xU4RUd)flexi-8 (https://flic.kr/p/xU4RUd)

Every time I see the snowflake I'm like: I NEED IT. NOW. I love that one so much!

eadwine
September 4th, 2015, 05:29 AM
Why don't you have it then?? It's gorgeous!

Johannah
September 4th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Why don't you have it then?? It's gorgeous!

Because I can't decide if I want an XL or an XS... I'm having this dilemma for over a year now. :lol:

eadwine
September 4th, 2015, 06:43 AM
GIRL!!!! :lol:

KittyBird
September 4th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Because I can't decide if I want an XL or an XS... I'm having this dilemma for over a year now. :lol:
I'll make it easy for you; get both! ;) I already have it in XXL, but I want one or two in XS for halfups.

Johannah
September 4th, 2015, 06:50 AM
GIRL!!!! :lol:

I know, I knooooow. :lol:

I'll make it easy for you; get both! ;) I already have it in XXL, but I want one or two in XS for halfups.

Well, I didn't buy much hair stuff lately so..... No, Johannah, no. No no no no.

Gabriel
September 4th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Lillarose should TOTALLY put that turtle on a regular flexi. I bet it would sell like crazy. It looks a lot better in your picture!

Thanks, it was a bit difficult to photograph. I think they had a plain little silver turtle before? I like that in the mega size it is larger to look more balanced.

The turtle does look really nice Gabriel! And I agree, this thread inspired me to wear my flexis more, I tend to get stuck in a rut of just wearing hair sticks but to me flexis look so pretty, and so I have worn mine quite a bit more recently and enjoyed it. I told myself I wouldn't buy another flexi until I wore the ones I have a bit more (which I have now done :D)

I can't understand why they wouldn't centre the little flower so that the petal is pointing up Wosie it just makes more sense to do it that way. Ah well!

Thanks!

Every time I see the snowflake I'm like: I NEED IT. NOW. I love that one so much!

That's what happened to me every time I saw it here. I have to say it's much prettier in real life too. I agree with everyone, get the Precious!

parkmikii
September 4th, 2015, 07:39 AM
They finally added my country to the list :D
Time to keep some more money because I want too many flexies XD
Also, for ii hip length hair an XL should be okay, right? I have no idea about the size I will need so I am asking as I gave seen that you girls gave quite a big collection.

Johannah
September 4th, 2015, 08:04 AM
They finally added my country to the list :D
Time to keep some more money because I want too many flexies XD
Also, for ii hip length hair an XL should be okay, right? I have no idea about the size I will need so I am asking as I gave seen that you girls gave quite a big collection.

I have ii hair and I used an XL clip since hitting waist or so.

And Grabiel I'll definitely buy the flexi, when I have money :lol:

eadwine
September 4th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I am ii as well, no layers and beyond waist, approaching tailbone, and I use an M and an L. The M is more snug so better for working. XL will fall right out of my hair.

missblueeyes
September 4th, 2015, 09:42 AM
I'm an ii (8cm - ii has a wide range) and I could use both, L and XL. L for LWB and other centerheld buns and XL for cinnamon buns.

parkmikii
September 4th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I'm an ii (8cm - ii has a wide range) and I could use both, L and XL. L for LWB and other centerheld buns and XL for cinnamon buns.

I am ii as well, no layers and beyond waist, approaching tailbone, and I use an M and an L. The M is more snug so better for working. XL will fall right out of my hair.

I have ii hair and I used an XL clip since hitting waist or so.

And Grabiel I'll definitely buy the flexi, when I have money :lol:

Thank you, I too am in the 8 cm range, I guess I will wait until the next sale and get an xl first to see how secure it will be. Honestly there would be no problem if it is a bit large as I plan to keep growing, so I think it will fit later :)

Johannah
September 4th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Thank you, I too am in the 8 cm range, I guess I will wait until the next sale and get an xl first to see how secure it will be. Honestly there would be no problem if it is a bit large as I plan to keep growing, so I think it will fit later :)

My hair circumference is 3.9" by the way, so I'm almost iii. If that makes a difference for your decision :)

eadwine
September 4th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I am more in the middle if I recall correctly. I would go for an L to start with.

Johannah
September 4th, 2015, 11:08 AM
I am more in the middle if I recall correctly. I would go for an L to start with.

I was thinking the same thing. If it doesn't work for a normal bun, it will go with a LWB or nautilus :)

parkmikii
September 4th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Oh, I understand, I guess I might go for a large then after all as my buns aren't too big and my bunning skills are pretty limited. The ones I wear the most are lwb and nautilus, although nautilus is pretty much my to go hairstyle lately..
Thank you for the advice :)

ravenreed
September 4th, 2015, 01:58 PM
I have a pair of the silver dragonflies in small just so I can have matching double buns. I also use a small as a ponyholder and for half up buns. I don't know if that helps at all...

ravenreed
September 4th, 2015, 02:00 PM
The Southwest is already sold out in XL. :rant: I may order a L because I think I could use it in a modified comet bun, which is actually one of my favorite styles. I love being able to show off a little length while most of my hair is still up safe.

Johannah
September 5th, 2015, 04:13 AM
I have a pair of the silver dragonflies in small just so I can have matching double buns. I also use a small as a ponyholder and for half up buns. I don't know if that helps at all...

I want to wear my hair down when I reach my goal, and because I'm growing out my bangs I need some flexi's for half-ups so it's not in my face. I use an XS for half ups (no buns, just putting my grown out bangs to the back). But now you're talking about half up buns... Never thought of that actually. If my bangs are some inches longer I'll probably be able to do this and I think it looks really nice. Yeah, I might go for an S instead of XS next time I'm buying flexi's. Thank you!

eadwine
September 5th, 2015, 04:17 AM
And the last order arrived! I hadn't expected this one till Tuesday, but it managed to squeeze through :) Took 6 days in total from moment of shipping :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/sunshines.jpg http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/nightowls.jpg

Johannah
September 5th, 2015, 05:04 AM
Both look stunning in your hair, eadwine!

eadwine
September 5th, 2015, 05:15 AM
Thanks! I am seemingly falling for coppery colored designs of late :lol:

lapushka
September 5th, 2015, 05:25 AM
And the last order arrived! I hadn't expected this one till Tuesday, but it managed to squeeze through :) Took 6 days in total from moment of shipping :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/sunshines.jpg http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/nightowls.jpg

I think those two are your best ones yet! :D

Gabriel
September 5th, 2015, 06:28 AM
eadwine, I was thinking about that sun one too! Now you're making me think about it again because I think it looks very nice on you.

Johannah
September 5th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Thanks! I am seemingly falling for coppery colored designs of late :lol:

You have a reddish tone in your hair, so coppery colored flexi's suit your hair very well! I like them for my (golden blonde) hair color as well :)

ravenreed
September 5th, 2015, 09:51 PM
I really like this design. My hair wouldn't hang straight for my modified comet bun. Oh well.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/ravenreed/Hair/20150905_164812-1.jpg

Johannah
September 6th, 2015, 07:49 AM
I really like this design. My hair wouldn't hang straight for my modified comet bun. Oh well.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/ravenreed/Hair/20150905_164812-1.jpg

Those colors look amazing in your hair!!

Gabriel
September 6th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Pretty ravenreed!

That flexi is one that kept catching my eye yesterday at a consultant's table I got to see yesterday. So many flexis, so little time! I meant to snap a picture for everyone but she showed up late, and was barely unpacked, and I only managed to stop by on my way home from errands but before a thunder-storm shut everything down.

In a few months a different consultant will be out I think and maybe I can see some more flexis.

AlyBlu
September 6th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Gorgeous photos ladies!

Wearing my turtle today, love it.

Scarlet_Heart
September 6th, 2015, 08:25 PM
beautiful, ravenreed! You dark haired ladies can truly wear just about anything.

AlyBlu
September 6th, 2015, 09:57 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/D0D9D261-2EFE-4E64-A49D-CCC2D05B4EED.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/D0D9D261-2EFE-4E64-A49D-CCC2D05B4EED.jpg.html)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/10463389-E86F-4BA7-A208-A628DB11C740.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/10463389-E86F-4BA7-A208-A628DB11C740.jpg.html)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/72BA19B4-E31F-491D-A7AA-746EFE4A4B14.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/72BA19B4-E31F-491D-A7AA-746EFE4A4B14.jpg.html)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/EB2FEDB1-7818-4C2D-BC55-B778467B4D51.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/EB2FEDB1-7818-4C2D-BC55-B778467B4D51.jpg.html)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/8223F3B6-0C49-43C7-97D3-9564089FE190.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/8223F3B6-0C49-43C7-97D3-9564089FE190.jpg.html)

AlyBlu
September 6th, 2015, 10:00 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/3AD5C52C-6200-4A9E-8AD3-3BFFB021B550.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/3AD5C52C-6200-4A9E-8AD3-3BFFB021B550.jpg.html)

Xxl turtle, I wanted the bigger center peice

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Really nice selections allyblu..that turtles just adorable! Great shots.

ravenreed...its gorgeous in your hair. Love that one!

Thnx for sharing your pics !

eadwine
September 7th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Remember I asked about swimming with a flexi? Turns out the pool is not a normal chlorinated pool but one that uses salt. I have done some reading and it says that metals can be affected by this technique used, so I guess I will not be swimming with a flexi-8 after all, probably just a ponytail that is braided. All I can think about otherwise are hair sticks, but they are by far not as secure. Ahhh a braided pony will work ;) :)

Johannah
September 7th, 2015, 08:34 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/3AD5C52C-6200-4A9E-8AD3-3BFFB021B550.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/3AD5C52C-6200-4A9E-8AD3-3BFFB021B550.jpg.html)

Xxl turtle, I wanted the bigger center peice

That turtle is so pretty!!

rags
September 7th, 2015, 09:42 AM
That turtle is gorgeous! I wish I'd gone for one now. Humph. Well, really I wish it had been on a "normal" band, but ah well. He's beautiful in your hair!

eadwine
September 7th, 2015, 09:52 AM
I love the turtle as well, I hope they will start doing customs again, that one on a regular flexi.. niiiice!

DollyDagger
September 7th, 2015, 09:57 AM
^ Really! that turtle medallion is so damm cute..,,i love him!

AlyBlu
September 7th, 2015, 10:19 AM
I am really happy with the turtle. It seemed like the xxl was the only one that was this large, looking at their promo pic. I might try a dmaller one but I really like this one.

DollyDagger
September 7th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I am really happy with the turtle. It seemed like the xxl was the only one that was this large, looking at their promo pic. I might try a dmaller one but I really like this one.
He seems real happy in your bun :)

AlyBlu
September 7th, 2015, 02:01 PM
He seems real happy in your bun :)

Thank you! This one is in my top five favs!

TrapperCreekD
September 8th, 2015, 10:15 AM
:scissors: for pics

Gorgeous haul! :crush:

two_wheels
September 9th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Gorgeous turtle!!
My tawny arrived - yay!
http://i.imgur.com/XCvkqpW.jpg

Cornflake
September 9th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Wow, two_wheels, the tawny looks gorgeous in your hair! I wasn't sure if I like it or not when I saw it on the website, so I was hesistant about ordering it. But now i really like it!

AlyBlu
September 9th, 2015, 08:38 PM
That Tawny is lovely in your hair.

Johannah
September 10th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Gorgeous turtle!!
My tawny arrived - yay!
http://i.imgur.com/XCvkqpW.jpg

Gorgeous! ;)

eadwine
September 10th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Beautiful :D

Nebulae
September 10th, 2015, 03:00 PM
:mail: I wonder where my package is.. was hoping for wormhole but seems I got snail mail!

two_wheels
September 10th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Thanks guys :D I prefer the festive leaf but really only just, you all need a tawny in your life!
Hope it appears soon Nebulae

Nebulae
September 11th, 2015, 10:47 AM
They came! :joy:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/zillzi/IMG_20150911_182643_zpsgpmxsgi1.jpg~original

Gold Simple Band in large paired with a mini tree of life. Wanted to have this combo ever since I got the tree of life in the first place, finally they made a gold simple band :D
(didn't really put any energy into making this look good, it's time to wash today :o )

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/zillzi/IMG_20150911_182239_zpsdennzjlp.jpg~original

Copper Rose you-pins in a hasty sticky-outy cinnabun.. seriously though, I have such a hard time getting cinnabuns to stay, if I do it right I can make it sturdy enough with two spin pins. I'm fairly confident I could wear just one of these you-pins and it will stay put! Just gotta make sure the bun is wide enough to cover the pins.. puny bun problems :p

Forgive the crappy photos, taken with a good camera but edited and resized on a free app on my tablet apparently kills any quality there was.. sigh. At least I'm posting pics now :p

parkmikii
September 11th, 2015, 11:29 AM
They came! :joy:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/zillzi/IMG_20150911_182643_zpsgpmxsgi1.jpg~original

Gold Simple Band in large paired with a mini tree of life. Wanted to have this combo ever since I got the tree of life in the first place, finally they made a gold simple band :D
(didn't really put any energy into making this look good, it's time to wash today :o )

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/zillzi/IMG_20150911_182239_zpsdennzjlp.jpg~original

Copper Rose you-pins in a hasty sticky-outy cinnabun.. seriously though, I have such a hard time getting cinnabuns to stay, if I do it right I can make it sturdy enough with two spin pins. I'm fairly confident I could wear just one of these you-pins and it will stay put! Just gotta make sure the bun is wide enough to cover the pins.. puny bun problems :p

Forgive the crappy photos, taken with a good camera but edited and resized on a free app on my tablet apparently kills any quality there was.. sigh. At least I'm posting pics now :p

Those are lovely! I really like how the pins look as well :)

AlyBlu
September 11th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Gorgeous! Those u pins are stunning!

cat11
September 11th, 2015, 05:50 PM
wow- love that 2 size flexi bun!!

http://i62.tinypic.com/kcgz9h.jpg
here's an action shot of lovely circle green iris :) I've been doing this lwb pony variation bun I've been calling the "frame bun" in my head all the time lately, sometimes with the wrapped or framing part braided, sometimes not.

Nebulae
September 13th, 2015, 02:08 AM
Thank you parkmikii, AlyBlu and cat11! :)

cat11, I was about to say "what a lovely circle green!" then I realised that is it's name :lol:

Jukebox
September 13th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Hi all! Newbie here. I love the Flexis -- but I can't get them to stay when I try to wear them over a bun. When I've tried, I've ponytailed my hair, braided it, coiled it around, and tried to capture the whole bun inside a Flexi, with the stick part going through the ponytail near my scalp to anchor everything. The Flexi inevitably slips up or down and the braid falls free. What am I missing?

The photos on this page are inspiring me to try it with an infinity bun. Maybe that's what I'm missing. :)

AlyBlu
September 13th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Jukebox, It sounds like you are in a too large size

eadwine
September 13th, 2015, 09:32 PM
It sounds indeed like your flexi is two sizes two large.

rags
September 14th, 2015, 11:50 AM
You could be in too large of a size - or you could just have really slippery hair and since you're using it as a bun cage, that allows the hair to escape. Try it in an infinity or a LWB - something centerheld. I find those work MUCH better for me when my hair is slip - sliding out of everything.

Jukebox
September 14th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Thanks! I do have smaller Flexis around here (so many Flexis... I have a Flexi dependency problem). I'll give it a try with a smaller size.

cat11
September 14th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Thanks, Nebulae :) That's preety funny- it is a very fitting name. No nonsense!

Jukebox, I agree it sounds like it could be too large, but flexis do have a learning curve as well. it took me a long time to get use to doing a bun with them, for awhile I just did twists or ponytails or smaller things. Maybe for whatever reason the tail isn't getting stuck inside the flexi and so it just unravels. I usually don't try to do windy buns like cinnabuns or braided cinnabuns with flexis, it sounds tricky- like the others said, LWB and the disc bun work well, also knot buns and lwb ponytails. Maybe a nautilus, but I haven't gotten a nautilus to work on my hair yet so I'm not sure. But it seems like it could.

eadwine
September 14th, 2015, 11:50 PM
The nautilus can, I have been doing it for years wearing a flexi :)

AlyBlu
September 15th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I cage my cinnabun with no problem and learned how to do the nautilus with a smaller size

lalepepper
September 20th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Just ordered the Keltic Lore in XL, hoping to do some braided updos and try some new styles as well.

ravenreed
September 20th, 2015, 04:06 PM
My go to bun is a nautilus and it holds just fine with a flexi. I don't completely enclose it, but catch most of it so it is secure. If I try to wrap it around the bun completely, I end up with an oblong bun!

lillielil
September 21st, 2015, 02:22 PM
My first flexis arrived today. They are so pretty! I got a "lovely circle" and a "freestyle tiara" both in medium. I think they might be too big, though. I tried them out on a fast french twist and felt like it wasn't holding correctly. I'll have to play around some and see if I can get them to work.

eadwine
September 22nd, 2015, 12:12 AM
Holding a french twist with a flexi usually requires a smaller flexi. Try a nautilus bun, I am sure that one will work. :)

JadedByEntropy
September 24th, 2015, 03:12 PM
I placed an order for my 1st flexi 8 and it created an account for me but there is no order history...did it not take or should i wait?

and is there still a discount code active?

eadwine
September 24th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Did you get an email confirming?

No more discount codes, sorry. There are often special offers with 10%-30% off and such.

KittyBird
September 25th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Send them a message and they'll fix it for you. It happened to me once, and they took care of it pretty fast. :)

Lisa Long4Life
September 25th, 2015, 02:49 PM
I really want one but I'm not sure what size to get.

Also - why are all the good hair toys/makers in the US? :P (the ones I've seen so far are anyway) *huff*

two_wheels
September 25th, 2015, 04:41 PM

Also - why are all the good hair toys/makers in the US? :P (the ones I've seen so far are anyway) *huff*

Furnival (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FurnivalsWorkshop) here in the UK and Senza Limiti (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/senzalimiti) in Germany are excellent :)
There is also PerfumeCollectors (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PerfumeCollectors?ref=l2-shopheader-name) for acrylics but I haven't tried.

/derail
just to keep this post vaguely on-topic... Lilla Rose usually ship really quickly to the UK as long as you stay under the £15 customs limit. Like just over a week!

AlyBlu
September 25th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Hey all-watch for email early-ish next week!!!

AlyBlu
September 25th, 2015, 06:59 PM

The website has a great guide for helping you choose your size.

eadwine
September 26th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Keeping my eyes open again! :D I hope it is what I hope it is! :lol:

lazuliblue
September 26th, 2015, 09:18 AM
I think this is a new flexi! It's really cute :D

https://instagram.com/p/8GNWYKr1HU/?taken-by=to_do_good_things

Edit: I might have to get it, I think I will regret it if I don't!

lalepepper
September 26th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Just got my first Flexi in the mail last night, and managed to get my hair up in to it this morning after some disappointment last night. I had been afraid it might be too big, but it's perfect for how I was looking to use it! It is so nice to get my hair up and off of my neck - it's been ages since I could do that. This one is the Keltic Lore in XL:

http://i.imgur.com/yssZRyY.jpg?1

lazuliblue
September 26th, 2015, 11:29 AM
That looks wonderful lalepepper! The colours of the flexi look really lovely with your hair colour.

I'm quite excited about this jack o lantern flexi, although it might be a bit too expensive for me to wear it for just a few days a year.

https://instagram.com/p/8GhlRML1Jy/?taken-by=to_do_good_things

DreamSheep
September 26th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Apparently there is going to be an owl flexi for October... so tempting!

Caitrìona
September 26th, 2015, 12:29 PM
My new flexis arrived a few weeks ago :D

http://s10.postimg.org/l46ucp4o9/DSC04656.jpghttp://s30.postimg.org/t6yq962c1/DSC04648.jpg
http://s9.postimg.org/nitptciin/DSC04653.jpg
http://s16.postimg.org/j1llfe6cl/DSC04649.jpg

lazuliblue
September 26th, 2015, 01:48 PM
It is an owl flexi DreamSheep! (See Instagram link above). I really like it. But then again I like a lot of the flexis so that doesn't really help me...

Those flexis looks stunning in your hair Caitrìona.

Theobroma
September 26th, 2015, 01:51 PM

That's adorable. And NOT SILVER! Bonus! :)

AlyBlu
September 26th, 2015, 04:09 PM
OMG!!!!! New ones are coming! Seriously cool. And multiple different metals, colors! Way cool. Keep an eye out for that email! I am drooling already!

lalepepper
September 26th, 2015, 04:14 PM

Very cute - I may have to get one myself!

parkmikii
September 26th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Oh my gosh, that owl is so lovely! Now I'm torn between getting a ficcare or the owl flexi..

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 12:10 AM
Just get two, or depending on which size, three flexis for the one ficcare ;)

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 12:52 AM
First back of the head picture using a different camera. It was my mate's so this is.. kinda special I guess. Rest in peace my dearest friend, and hopefully I can get your camera figured out proper. Dang why did you want one with so many settings :brains: :lol:

Cameo flexi!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/cameosm.jpg

Tails
September 27th, 2015, 01:01 AM
Yay! It seems like the old FOTM "fall harvest of colours" is going to return! That is one of my all time favourites! :joy:

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Yes! That is great news :D

lazuliblue
September 27th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Yay! It seems like the old FOTM "fall harvest of colours" is going to return! That is one of my all time favourites! :joy:

Oh wow, I was just thinking yesterday that I wish I had been around when that one came out!! Would be wonderful if they did release it again, it's so pretty.

Love the blues in that flexi Eadwine, it looks very elegant.

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 01:45 AM
Thanks Lazuliblue! :D I love it. Sure comes out much more detailed with the higher res pics :)

Winter Fox
September 27th, 2015, 03:02 AM
I'll definitely buy the pumpkin and this owl flexi! I'm so in love with them :crush:

parkmikii
September 27th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Just get two, or depending on which size, three flexis for the one ficcare ;)

Temping..its really hard to choose as I never had any flexi or ficcare until now :))
Well, one needs to start somewhere..

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 06:55 AM
I've had both, and I like the flexi better, simply because of the versatility, AND of course the price :)

lapushka
September 27th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Pretty cameo, eadwine! Hope you get the camera sorted! :D

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Thanks Lapushka! It's clean now at least, that is half the journey :lol: It takes nice pictures in any case :)

two_wheels
September 27th, 2015, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry about your friend eadwine. It looks like a promising camera- lots of nice detail in that photo.

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Canon PowerShot G10 it is :) And thank you. Life goes on, it's what he would have wanted :) He'll be laughing his head off that I am taking pics of the back of my head now :lol:

AlyBlu
September 27th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Cameo looks lovely and it is nice you are honoring him by using his camera.

There are seven new flexis if I counted right. So there will be lots of new ones to choose from. I am so excited.

two_wheels
September 27th, 2015, 08:30 AM
It is nice to have something passed on that connects you to someone. My car was my grandmother's, and I like to think of her chuckling at my escapades in it. So I know what you mean about your friend having a good giggle at your hair photos.

Seven new flexis! I'm not an owl fan so I thought I'd be missing this month's flexi fun but that makes me hopeful.

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Thanks you two :)

And SEVEN???? Oh wow.. I only know about three so far..

Tails
September 27th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Here is a picture of them all (if the link works)

https://instagram.com/p/8GUFpKlWv-/?tagged=lillarose

two_wheels
September 27th, 2015, 09:44 AM

THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
I need a lie down

DreamSheep
September 27th, 2015, 09:48 AM
The green and the owl aaahhh need want ahhh! :)

*words*

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Top left, center left, spider :D

Oh man, there goes the wallet. Again. :lol:

KittyBird
September 27th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Will these be permanently in the shop, or are some limited edition?
I really want the autumn leaf one, the green one and the spider!

lazuliblue
September 27th, 2015, 10:57 AM
The spider one is simply awesome!!

I'd like to know that too KittyBird. Am I right in thinking Eadwine that if you make separate orders they will post them separately and then there's no worry of customs charges?

Theobroma
September 27th, 2015, 11:20 AM

I seriously can't take my eyes off that owl! :crush:

The green one is lovely too, but it's a reprise of Ruby Bouquet in green/gold and since I already have Ruby Bouquet for that design and Flitter for the colour scheme, I probably won't get it. But the owl... ooooh! :D

Lisa Long4Life
September 27th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Furnival (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FurnivalsWorkshop) here in the UK and Senza Limiti (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/senzalimiti) in Germany are excellent :)
There is also PerfumeCollectors (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PerfumeCollectors?ref=l2-shopheader-name) for acrylics but I haven't tried.

/derail
just to keep this post vaguely on-topic... Lilla Rose usually ship really quickly to the UK as long as you stay under the £15 customs limit. Like just over a week!

Thanks, that's good to know. I've seen loads of beautiful ones I'd love :D

Lisa Long4Life
September 27th, 2015, 11:27 AM
The website has a great guide for helping you choose your size.

Thank you, i'll measure when I can :)

eadwine
September 27th, 2015, 01:11 PM
The spider one is simply awesome!!

I'd like to know that too KittyBird. Am I right in thinking Eadwine that if you make separate orders they will post them separately and then there's no worry of customs charges?

Yups. Just make sure you check your country customs rules. It should state the value there and whether or not it includes the shipping fee.

parkmikii
September 27th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Apparently the owl is the October fotm?
https://instagram.com/p/8JMzptKVXb/

AlyBlu
September 27th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Some of them are limited edition. But I think three of them are permanent.

AlyBlu
September 27th, 2015, 05:07 PM
The owl is the FOLM.

JadedByEntropy
September 27th, 2015, 06:16 PM
oooh i want the small leafy one. thats sooo my style

DollyDagger
September 27th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Really like the oak leaves (if that's what they are) the itsy bitsy spider and the tigerseye-looking owlette...was there a pumpkin? If so where's it at..lol I want to seeeeeeeeee it!!

Alaska98
September 27th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Omg that spider! Must have it!

parkmikii
September 29th, 2015, 06:10 AM
Is this true news? :ohttps://instagram.com/p/8Nr0WgSF_O/

Theobroma
September 29th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Is this true news? :ohttps://instagram.com/p/8Nr0WgSF_O/

Oh my. LR website crashes again in 3... 2... 1... :S

KittyBird
September 29th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Ugh.. Last time they had a sale, it took me around 5 hours to get the clip I wanted because the site was all kinds of f%#&ed up. I seriosuly hope they've done something about that since the last sale. :brickwall

Theobroma
September 29th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Ugh.. Last time they had a sale, it took me around 5 hours to get the clip I wanted because the site was all kinds of f%#&ed up. I seriosuly hope they've done something about that since the last sale. :brickwall

Me too, but somehow I'm not optimistic... I get the impression it's their infrastructure provider that's the problem, and if they don't have direct access to the problem areas themselves then there may not be much they can do.

Theobroma
September 29th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Got my owl! :crush:

But nine minutes into the sale, the site is already slowing to a crawl.

ETA: And our old friend the Firestorm error is making a comeback tool. :(

KittyBird
September 29th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Oh boy.. Got the firestorm error already! This looks promising :rolleyes:

ETA. I take that back, I actually managed to buy the fall harvest in size small! They didn't have it in XXL, so I got one for half-ups instead.

eadwine
September 29th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Olivia is just like the.. what is it called.. Ruby bouquet? Just in green :lol: Very pretty though!

Got that one, the fall harvest, the jack, and the spiders.

Yeah.. I know.

At least two were a gift! Oof ;)

Theobroma
September 29th, 2015, 08:56 AM
I'm really liking Mercia as well. And Carmine, for that matter. But I have so many Flexis already...