Page 99 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Blonette Pride :)

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Blonette Pride :)

I personally think blonette hair is beautiful, and am so disappointed that it does not look right on me it is my natural color, which I have been dying since age 12.

Length
    43/50.5/55+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Level 6 hair would obviously be the 'strictest' blonette but I think most (myself included) would say levels 5-7. Especially because blonette hair tends to look different in different light. I'd say my hair is a 6 or 6.5 but it can look level 5, or level 7.5 even lol.

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Hi everyone!

I love blonette hair and often pop in to admire this thread!

I'm hoping that I fit in here. My hair colour is a light brown which sometimes looks ashy, and other times has a cinnamon tone. I have lots of blonde highlights, but they only seem to come out in some lights.

I wish I had some better photos, but these are the best selfies I could manage:

Length
    43/50.5/55+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Certainly looks blonette to me.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Springlets View Post
    I think I just have a different opinion of what blonette is. I did make a thread on hair color levels, so I think your definition of blonette is strictly level 6, which is understandable. But I take into account public opinion, which I think says that everything below level 8 and higher than level 6.5 'borders on brown'. For example, when I first saw this picture on pinterest, the caption called it dirty blonde, when to me it looks medium/light blonde (much like my own). I just wanted to point out that even for those with light and medium blonde hair, their hair almost always has times of looking not quite blonde (as far as public opinion goes), and therefore have a connection with blonettes.
    You're definitely right as to the public opinion; just as an example, this girl is calling her newly coloured hair "dark blonde" http://www.lilithmoon.com/2013/10/ne...rk-blonde.html, though it's actually a very light blonde... And to me, around level 7 is the most typical "blonette".

I'm blonette! I'm always caving in and bleaching it though. I've got some major roots growing in right now but I hope to power through with the help of honey lightening treatments and thinking about all the breakage I won't have

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Weewah View Post
    I'm blonette! I'm always caving in and bleaching it though. I've got some major roots growing in right now but I hope to power through with the help of honey lightening treatments and thinking about all the breakage I won't have

That looks like a mid-tone blond to me, rather than blonette. Blonette is hardly distinguishable from brown.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

When I went to the salon the hairdresser said my hair was between 6 and 7, I consider myself blonette.
    Lady Lostariel Of the Flowers, In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
    You're definitely right as to the public opinion; just as an example, this girl is calling her newly coloured hair "dark blonde" http://www.lilithmoon.com/2013/10/ne...rk-blonde.html, though it's actually a very light blonde... And to me, around level 7 is the most typical "blonette".
    Yeah that's especially weird considering she says she used a level 9 ash blonde toner, and in most companies level 9 is at least named 'light blonde', if not 'very light' blonde. People just think in terms of bleached hair colors now, rather than natural hair. I also agree that for most people, level 7 is the most typical blonette color (in that it is considered not quite blonde, but not totally brown either). Level 6 in most people's minds is just straight up light brown.

I've been watching a lot of early 90s movies lately (because they're awesome and remind me of my childhood ). It seems like during this time, actresses were allowed to have softer hair colors, especially more natural blonde colors. I suppose many of the actresses were young so it would make sense that they had natural hair, but considering how many young actresses start bleaching their hair at age 10 or so now, I think it's indicative of how the world appreciated hair color at the time.

Reese Witherspoon in A Far Off Place here and here
    Katherine Heigl in My Father the Hero here and here
    Emma Thompson in Much Ado About Nothing here and here
    Jodie Foster in Maverick here and here
    Last edited by Springlets; January 7th, 2014 at 06:13 PM.
    BSL (24.5") Waist ​when pulled straight (27.5") Hip (33.5") TBL (35") Classic (40.8")

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'm having trouble figuring out if I'm blonette or light brown. It looks lighter and slightly red in full sun but it was cloudy yesterday. I've also just started growing it in so no sun bleaching has occurred (this tends to put a little strawberry in for me).

Edit: I found one picture from a couple months back with more root exposure and full sun.

Last edited by Ms. Littlefish; January 8th, 2014 at 11:53 AM.
    Growing out my bleach and hair dye after getting to shoulder and chopping off a million times. Photo taken 1-1-14. Let's do this!