Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair-toy & frizz question (pic heavy!)

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Hair-toy & frizz question (pic heavy!)

Hello all!

I bought a hair thingie today (I was looking for some sort of flexi 8 but they are impossible to find, I guess I have to order one online!), which you can see on the picture on the left.. but now I can't get that stick out of the ehr.. thingie! I hope you know what I mean.. the stick is stuck :P It's just a cheap plastic one so I guess I could bring it back, but I was hoping if anyone else here had a tip? It's the only thing with a stick I could find, so I'd rather use it than bring it back!

I also have a frizz question (and secretly also want to show off my new hair clip! It's so pretty, I love everything with leaves or feathers). Somehow, as soon as my hair gets a bit longer, I get major frizz! I've tried things like coconut/jojoba/olive-oil, but it's all way too heavy for my babyfine, wavy hair. I have cone-free and have used cones, it all doesn't matter. I use wooden combs and treat my hair like a baby... I have no idea what to do about it anymore. I guess I need something that is really light and it can contain cones (but I do feel those weigh my hair down some).
    In my hair's defense though, I have just washed my hair and went outside with half-dried hair which seems to make the frizz a bit worse. But it still frizzes like crazy.

I also have another problem with my ends. I have just trimmed my hair this morning, but I still have these ratty ends. I always have them, always! Even after a big trim.. I have no idea if it's my fine hair or uneven layers or something, but when I look for split ends, I can't find any! Maybe I'm blind, but I hate how dead my hair looks while I take so much care of it. I have trimmed every 2 months for the last year and now finally want to let it grow properly and trim a bit less.. But not sure if that's going to be possible.

What do you think, honestly?

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hair-toy & frizz question (pic heavy!)

I honestly can't see anything wrong with your hair. It's lovely! Regarding the plastic hair thingy, and maybe I'm stating the obvious but you are pulling the stick out the right end, right (pull the thicker end out)? I don't even see why you would need a trim!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    17"/23.5"/45"
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I use a BBB to smoothe my hair after combing through, reduces my frizzes a bit. I use coconut oil to tame them as well, but you said it was too heavy. Have you tried babyoil instead many have stated its lighter than coconut oil.

Your hair isnt dead looking, looks great on the close up of the leaf clip. I think we are all much harsher with expectations of our own hair than we really should be

Length
    Waist/Chin/Neck
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm not sure what you mean by the ratty ends, in my opinion it looks just fine, but could it be the hairtype? 1c or 2a types look often weird and tangled (and frizzy) when the hair is still short. Mine does, and it's not damaged. If you don't have split ends, you don't need to trim it in my opinion.

I didn't like coconut or olive oil as a leave-in either, I'm using mineral oil now, which is lighter. It helps with the frizz. But as I said, wavy-ish hair tends to look frizzy anyway.

The hair thingies look cute, I can't help you with the hair slide though. Maybe try oiling it to loosen the stick?

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I honestly can't see anything wrong with your hair. It's lovely! Regarding the plastic hair thingy, and maybe I'm stating the obvious but you are pulling the stick out the right end, right (pull the thicker end out)? I don't even see why you would need a trim!
    Thanks! Hehe yes I did, but it just seems like the bigger end is stuck :P

whitedove I have a ehr, sort of fake BBB (as in, a brush with real hair, not sure what kind of hair though) and use it sometimes but it seems to make my hair more fluffy! Thanks for the compliment, I will look into the baby oil

Siiri Thanks! When my hair was shorter it had a lot more wave than it has now, but sometimes it dries up really wavy (people always ask me if I used a curler on days like those hehe). But since it's so fine it gets heavy fast = less waves but still the frizz, I guess! I have had this problem for years, but have had a pixie most of the time so it wasn't annoying back then since I used tons of products.

I might use some oil for the hairthingie! Thanks

Length
    17.5"/36"/37"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I don't really have any suggestions but I needed to say what a stunning color your hair is!

Length
    18/25/38
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

That feather clip is gorgeous (do you mind if I ask where you got it?).
    I'm no help with the stick thingie, but have you tried aloe vera gel to tame the frizzies?
    Etos sells the fruit of the earth brand and DA has the jacob hooij brand, if you're having trouble finding it.
    Like PP I can't see ratty ends, they look healthy too me.

Current goal BSL 27”, longterm goal tailbone 38"
    Avatar is The Moon and the Stars: study for the Moon by Alphonse Mucha

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

For your stuck stick try a little lube (I suggest vaseline or cooking oil) and a bit of gentle tapping and twisting, it probably got shoved a bit too far in the hole in transit.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by door72067 View Post
    I don't really have any suggestions but I needed to say what a stunning color your hair is!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by eshta View Post
    That feather clip is gorgeous (do you mind if I ask where you got it?).
    I'm no help with the stick thingie, but have you tried aloe vera gel to tame the frizzies?
    Etos sells the fruit of the earth brand and DA has the jacob hooij brand, if you're having trouble finding it.
    Like PP I can't see ratty ends, they look healthy too me.
    I haven't yet, will check out the Aloe Vera at the Etos, thank you!

& I bought the clip at Bijoux Brigitte

& Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tisiloves View Post
    For your stuck stick try a little lube (I suggest vaseline or cooking oil) and a bit of gentle tapping and twisting, it probably got shoved a bit too far in the hole in transit.
    Ah I succeed! I used some olive oil and got it out Thanks!

I still have to practice a bit with putting it in my hair though hehe...

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I'd try a little coconut oil.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com