Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long time lurker finally deciding to be active!

Length
    MBL/MBL/Class
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Smile Long time lurker finally deciding to be active!

Hello everyone!

Before starting, I would like to apologize in advance for any mistakes/lack of experience that might show through my posts! I have been a long time lurker of this forum, religiously reading any new topics that came up, happy with just getting my hair care knowledge and inspiration from afar.

But now I want more than that! I have made the decision (although still very nervous even while typing this, lol) to finally be a part of this beautiful community. Also feel free to please correct me if you spot a grammatical or spelling error in my posts, as english is not my first language!

Now, here's a little something about me:

I have made the decision to grow my hair out in early 2020. Before that, I had already experimented with my hair, be it myself or at the salon. I have had about every haircolour imaginable, every length/cut as well, and have probably/maybe/finally found what I feel most comfortable with!

My weakness is long, shiny, blonde hair! I am a dark blonde naturally, but I have always felt the most confident with light blonde highlights/fully light blonde hair. And although I know that bleached hair will never be as healthy and easy to grow out as virgin or henna'ed hair, I have decided to try and combine my love for long hair, and blonde hair at the same time!

As now my bleached parts have grown quite a bit since I last got my hair done, I have made an appointment to get a full head of highlights again on the 5th of next month. The end goal is to finally feel confident about my hair, and to calm down my obsession of thinking it's too dark/too light/too short/weird looking.

As I am starting my little journey now, I am hoping to learn lots of new tips and tricks for keeping my bleached hair healthy on here, and who knows? Maybe me documenting my ups and downs on this journey might help a likeminded soul out, or at least be a bit entertaining!

Lastly, if you have made it to the end of my overly long monologue, thank you for reading!! It means a lot

Default Re: Long time lurker finally deciding to be active!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Don’t worry at all. You will be made very welcome, and your English is excellent

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome to the forum - and your hair already looks lovely!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome. There is a thread around here for 1/ bleached heads growing long 2/ growing out bleach and dye. There is the choice, should you ever wish to make it. Just FYI, not pushing you or trying to.

Your English is very nice!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you : )

Length
    MBL/MBL/Class
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Thank you for your warm welcome, Lady Stardust, Sarahlabyrinth, lapushka and shelomit!

I'm glad to hear that, Lady Stardust! Although of course, I'm still learning, and being on here will surely improve my skills as well!

Thank you for the compliment Sarahlabyrinth!! Your hair is definitely what I would call my "dream hair", wow!

Really interesting, lapushka! I'm definitely open to the idea of growing out my hair as well, I don't hate my natural colour. I obsess over my hair so much at times, this time I think I'm just going to go with the flow! If my hair growth goals don't allow the bleach anymore, so be it! If it still grows healthy even with bleach, also fine. Although I HAVE been eyeing henna for quite some time now...

And shelomit, nice to meet you as well!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Oooh grow out the bleach first if you want to go the henna route. Henna on bleach is full-blown orange, and not the "good kind" of orange tint but more like a fluorescent color.

I just love how your username is the German for Warrior(girl).

Length
    MBL/MBL/Class
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Oh gosh, thank you for letting me know, lapushka! That is one more hair disaster that thankfully won't happen now!

And thank you for noticing my username! It just resonated with me, as I was playing Skyrim right before signing up, and I thought it would fit a bodybuilding, German girl like me well (and also because warriors tend to have really cool braided hairstyles, lol)!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegerin View Post
    Thank you for your warm welcome, Lady Stardust, Sarahlabyrinth, lapushka and shelomit!

I'm glad to hear that, Lady Stardust! Although of course, I'm still learning, and being on here will surely improve my skills as well!

Thank you for the compliment Sarahlabyrinth!! Your hair is definitely what I would call my "dream hair", wow!

Really interesting, lapushka! I'm definitely open to the idea of growing out my hair as well, I don't hate my natural colour. I obsess over my hair so much at times, this time I think I'm just going to go with the flow! If my hair growth goals don't allow the bleach anymore, so be it! If it still grows healthy even with bleach, also fine. Although I HAVE been eyeing henna for quite some time now...

And shelomit, nice to meet you as well!
    Thank you Kriegerin
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegerin View Post
    Oh gosh, thank you for letting me know, lapushka! That is one more hair disaster that thankfully won't happen now!

And thank you for noticing my username! It just resonated with me, as I was playing Skyrim right before signing up, and I thought it would fit a bodybuilding, German girl like me well (and also because warriors tend to have really cool braided hairstyles, lol)!
    LOL, that's awesome!

Yeah, if you want to see for yourself, because multiple applications can get you a deeper tint, but you'd have to do quite a bit, you can always... always strand test. So save your sheds for about 2 weeks to a month, then get about a tablespoon of henna, mix with a tiny bit of water, you don't need much at all for that little amount, like drops of water, mix it to mash potato consistency, and apply to the shed bleached strands, then see what it does on *your* hair. Each hair is different, but yours is pretty light, so, I might not be far off the fluorescent bit.