Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: None to be Found ~ GiNormous Hair Accessories!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Unhappy None to be Found ~ GiNormous Hair Accessories!

Does anyone else find it ridiculously difficult to find hair accessories for super long hair? Where do I find them...like say for instance a huge claw clip? My hair is thick too, so I need to use like 2 or 3 clips to hold it up, which ends up looking absurd. 😂

You would think by now, that somebody somewhere would have started a company who sells enormous hair accessories for women with unusually long hair. Not like there’s a shortage of us.

Maybe we should all join together and start our own! Haha! I just don’t get why they are so hard to find. ☹️

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Default Re: None to be Found ~ GiNormous Hair Accessories!

I don't really use claw clips but check out France Luxe. I bet you'll find something that you like. https://franceluxe.com/collections/large-jaw-hair-clips Do you use hair sticks, forks, Ficcare or Flexi-8's? If not you're going to have fun learning about the wonderful world of hair toys! Oh, and welcome to TLHC.

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Hey, thanks bokeh! 😃

Yes I do have wooden, plastic and metal hair forks and tons of sticks too but I wish I had a gigantic claw clip.

Thanks for the link. I’ll check it out. 👍

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I hope that you find something that you like but if not I'm sure that someone on the group will have a good recommendation for you.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

They don't really make claw clips that big. The biggest ones I've seen are the Goody Spider Clip and the Scunci Octopus Clip.

I can wear either one, even back when I had knee length hair. Trick was to make a bun, and then clip up basically half the bun. So the claw clip goes through the outer coils to the center of the bun (basically only holds half the bun). Works best for me if the claw clip comes top-down. However if I put the bun on the top of my head (as I often do) I can also go in from the side.

If necessary I can take a picture, but I'm lazy so I'm not gonna take a picture unless someone wants one.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Haha, don’t worry about a photo akurah. I get what you mean.

But I still dream of a huge claw clip...like imagine one a foot long!!! Lol. I could make serious use out of that baby! I wish someone would make a big wide one that could easily hold very think long hair. I just don’t get why someone hasn’t invented one by now. Maybe I should. Hmmmmm. You guys could be my fist customers!

Ok yes, I was just dreaming for a minute. Back to reality.

I did like some of the clips in your link, bokeh. I just worry they might be too small. I recently took a chance and ordered this one from Amazon but I never know with stuff I can’t see in person, if they will be large enough. Oh I hope this one will work for me! Time will tell.

https://www.amazon.ca/Caravan-Triple...8Z0XBW4MTWQ1YE

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post

I recently took a chance and ordered this one from Amazon but I never know with stuff I can’t see in person, if they will be large enough. Oh I hope this one will work for me! Time will tell.

https://www.amazon.ca/Caravan-Triple...8Z0XBW4MTWQ1YE

Good luck on the clip that you ordered. It looks really promising! I read a couple of reviews and one person said that she couldn't believe that it was actually too big for her long hair since she usually found clips to be too small. Looks like she rated it down for that which was unfair since there will be many people thrilled to find a XXX size clip!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

For that reason Large Ficcares were popular, maybe they still are. Don't know. They for sure don't make 'em like they used to.

And if that fails, there's also mega Flexi8s. Feel those are more popular than Ficcares these past years.

I know the pain, I am also one of those people that can't get their hair in a barrette without snapping it kaput.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

I found a couple of huge claw clips on Etsy maybe last year. I found them serendipitously though, not by searching for oversized.

Maybe we are in a small club when after a certain point those big octopus clips are inadequate, as are large Ficcares, heavy-duty forks, etc. Superlonghairs here don't often complain about that. Then again, maybe they've found giganticker hairtoys than those mentioned so far.

Length
    BSL/FTL/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I have a couple of claw clips from Aliexpress that still work at classic length. There are around 12 cm (google says that's 4.7 inches). And they are pretty inexpensive.