Thread: Is there already a thread about rinsing the oil away from hair with conditioner?

Default Is there already a thread about rinsing the oil away from hair with conditioner?

If not, I'd like to read experiences about this 🙂 I think this is a great discovery, that you don't need shampoo to get oil out. Of course If you are experiences with using oils on haircare, you can use the shampoo right amount, but I'm usually afraid that I wash too much or too little, leaving hair greasy or dry. But with conditioner The hair stays easily softer, maybe. Anyway I have not been doing this research a long time yet, so I'd like to hear conversation about it 🙂 If anyone else has tried conditioner as an oil remover from hair...

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Is there already a thread about rinsing the oil away from hair with conditioner?

Are you thinking about the Rinse Out Oil method, seen here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=129191

This might be slightly different to what you are thinking about, but everyone who uses it would verify that conditioner is a good way to remove oil. There are various threads around that also mention conditioner as a way to remove oils, and the CO washing thread could also prove to have thoughts on the same theme too...
    Last edited by squirrrel; December 29th, 2020 at 05:31 AM.

Default Re: Is there already a thread about rinsing the oil away from hair with conditioner?

Thank you for the link, I must read it carefully! 😊

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

It's well known around these parts (maybe read the forum a while longer), that you can more easily, generally, get oil out with conditioner than with shampoo.

The link to the oil rinse or rinse-out oil method that squirrel gave is always in my signature, should you lose it. I'm around quite a bit so it's always just there.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    If not, I'd like to read experiences about this �� I think this is a great discovery, that you don't need shampoo to get oil out. Of course If you are experiences with using oils on haircare, you can use the shampoo right amount, but I'm usually afraid that I wash too much or too little, leaving hair greasy or dry. But with conditioner The hair stays easily softer, maybe. Anyway I have not been doing this research a long time yet, so I'd like to hear conversation about it �� If anyone else has tried conditioner as an oil remover from hair...
    I use conditioner to rinse out my oils that I apply to my hair all of the time, and I don't have any problems with greasiness. This is what you would call "CO-washing," instead of always using shampoo. I'm also always afraid of not shampooing or I'm might be shampooing too much too! That's why when I do co-wash I always follow-up with clarifying my hair once a month.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Opposite for me conditioner doesn't do anything I have to lightly shampoo to get it out