Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More help needed as usual

Length
    22/44/50
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default More help needed as usual

So as my hair grows out more and more, my roots get greasier and greasier. When I had my 100% natural hair (with no demi permanents or anything on it at all) a couple years back, I was washing it almost every day. Here is my problem as many of you probably already know, I have bleach damage at the crown of my hair, so it is almost impossible for me to wash my hair everyday. But the more and more my natural grows, the more and more it wants me to wash it everyday. I only have about an inch of regrowth now, but I know it will just keep getting greasier from here. Right now I am washing every other day, and the hair on my crown hates me for it but my roots and scalp are semi happy, but probably wont be for much longer as I just washed it yesterday and I just noticed a couple of very small flakes and a very slight itch. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: More help needed as usual

You could try cwc
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

My hair always gets greasy about 2 days after I wash it. Which is why I so seldom wash it. I do water only most of the time, and conditioner about once a week. Hot water cleanses my scalp and wrangles the oils.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I would go with a wash when you need it and super conditioning treatments after you shampoo; that should be good.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

How about scalp only washes? Then you could target specific areas and you would spare your length from getting too dried out

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I also suggest scalp only washes (keeping the length and ends dry), or that you do a really heavy pre-poo or then wash your roots and scalp only, letting the suds run through the rest, and then conditioning as usual, if you aren't already doing that.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

My hair was like that for a while..greasy roots and dry ends! What fixed it for me was using head and shoulders on my scalp only..and then using two conditioners after. Like I'd use one conditioner..leave it on for a few minutes, rinse..then use another one, but with the last conditioner I'd leave most of it in. That made a huge difference for me.
    '
    currently approaching tbl

Length
    22/44/50
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Right now it is so hard to shampoo just my roots without getting some or most of the crown. That is how close the damage is to the top of my head. I suppose as my hair grows it will get easier and easier for me to avoid the damaged area, but right now its hard

Have you tried bathing your hair in olaplex over night prior to washing..? I think that would assist with the damage or potential damage from shampooing..

Length
    22/44/50
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cate36 View Post
    Have you tried bathing your hair in olaplex over night prior to washing..? I think that would assist with the damage or potential damage from shampooing..
    I havent, maybe I should try olaplex