Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New and in love with TLHC!

Length
    Chin/BSL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default New and in love with TLHC!

Hi Everyone, I Love TLHC , everyone here has helped save my hair so much, I bleached religiously to platinum for a looong time, dyed it dark and bleached it back again and again, Last year Dec a hairdresser fried my hair to the point of bubblegum hair, I had it colour corrected and carried on getting highlights to keep it lighted (I wish I had learnt my lesson), my hair broke off to collarbone length from MBL , I got tired of the damage and went into an obsessive hair rescue, I did dye it as close to my natural colour as possible (I had about more than 4 inches of regrowth untouched by bleach or dye - as I had decided to give my hair a break from bleach) - I dyed the length but not the roots - my roots are still untouched.

I argan oil, coconut oil, bought a BBB, only use this and a tangle teezer, I stretch my washes to once every 7 days (10 is my max so far) I alternate between CO washes and using Loreal Low shampoo on my roots and a deep argan oil treatment conditioner, I do not brush when wet and have completely given up heat tools of all kinds (I use to straighten weekly and blow dry my hair after washes).

I am currently at BSL (bra strap length, I think -sorry I'm new) and want to grow out to all natural classic length (my length when I was younger and hadn't discovered bleach
    )

I am really excited to post and be able to add photos soon - as I am very happy with how my hair is doing compared to where it was a few weeks ago (currently only 3 weeks into my new obsession)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: New and in love with TLHC!

Welcome to the forum!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/BSL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Thank you so much Lapushka , very very very happy to be here, LHC has taught me so much.

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Welcome!

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Length
    Chin/BSL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Hello everyone

Thank you for the warm welcomes, I have posted a question on the coconut oil thread, but thought maybe I could ask here, it may be a silly question but as mentioned I am absolutely baby-ing my hair, I am new to oiling but am religious about it now as it has saved my hair, but how do you heat your cocunut oil as mine is a solid until it is warmed up, someone told me to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds as i do use quite abit (which I have been doing as my hair is feeling good- as it use to be velcro hay from all the bleach damage) but is this the best way to heat it up or could this be destroying some of the great properties of this oil?

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Makyle View Post
    Hello everyone

Thank you for the warm welcomes, I have posted a question on the coconut oil thread, but thought maybe I could ask here, it may be a silly question but as mentioned I am absolutely baby-ing my hair, I am new to oiling but am religious about it now as it has saved my hair, but how do you heat your cocunut oil as mine is a solid until it is warmed up, someone told me to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds as i do use quite abit (which I have been doing as my hair is feeling good- as it use to be velcro hay from all the bleach damage) but is this the best way to heat it up or could this be destroying some of the great properties of this oil?
    I put the bottle of solid coconut oil in a bowl and pour steamy water over it. It melts without having to microwave. I think I read somewhere that microwaving does alter it, so that's what I've always done.

Welcome to the LHC!
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    0 in!/37 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Hello fellow newbie and welcome!

Account closed by member request
    Length
    11CBL/33"HL/40CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Welcome hope your hair journey is an amazing one!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here I just scrape up a little coconut oil with my finger and rub it between my palms to melt it.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR