Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black hair is disgusting! How?!

Length
    AHL/AHL/FT
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Unhappy Black hair is disgusting! How?!

Okay so I have some of friends came to my house yesterday, and when they get in they asked me for a house tour. Everything was fine until I took them to the bathroom and all of them shocked to see how much of products, both of my skincare products (which will be, like 13 products) and hair care products (which is a lots). And then they started to ask me that why do I need so much products for my skin and my hair, and my skin looks fine I don’t need 13 steps of skincare every night (actually, yes I do need it because I like it and it keeps my skin healthy) and beside, my hair’s short (to them, APL considered short, I mean, it not short to me lol) why I have to put so much things on my hair.

And so on, the whole “products” topic become to be expanded because when they looking at those hair care products at mine, it reminded them about a girl in my school. About this girl, I have mentioned her once on this forum, just couldn’t remember what is that topic now And that girl is younger than me but already own a beautiful long black hair, it was knee length which is super incredible to me, I have never seen anyone with long hair like that in real life before. The thing is, she always let down her hair, I’ve never saw her hair being tied up, she keep letting is flowing freely. Well, I like that, I like to see a person let down their hair and just really enjoy it But my friends hates it (all of them has short hair), they hated it because it looks like rat’s tail (once again, just couldn’t understand why people using the word “rat’s tail” to describe somebody hair, that’s so rude), also because it looks nasty and most of them all, long black is disgusting! I had to stopped them and asked what’s wrong with the whole “black hair is disgusting”? I mean, why? And they answer me is because long black hair will reminded you about those female ghost, just the girl from the ring. When I heard it, I couldn’t do anything but just silent, because they have their point of view and I can’t do anything to change it. They also say that if I want to have long hair, dye it first because it would be beautiful and better on me, long black hair will make me older than my real age

So yeah, just couldn’t understand why there are so many reasons to not have long black hair ( In my country, long black hair is something that belong to our traditional, which is something really special, but to have long hair? No one would want it and when they catched up someone with long hair (mid-length for example), they would consumed that is looks like a ghost and become scare of it This is also the reason why I dye my hair in the past, simply because I was once believe everything they said about long black hair, I think that my hair color is boring and didn’t attractive like those with blonde, brown, red,... any color but black It took me a long time to finally accept myself and truly apprecitate my hair color.
    So, what’s your opinion on this? Is black hair is that…*cough* disgusting? (
    Last edited by Chromis; March 20th, 2018 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Changed hot links to link-links. Mod

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Black hair is disgusting! How?!

I dyed my hair black for years because I find black hair beautiful, as I'm sure many here do! The grass is always greener on the other side. Growing up with fair hair often you want dark hair and vice versa.

I think you were very patient with your friends, but please don't let them make you think that black hair is ugly, far from it. There are some members on here with black hair that I think most people would agree is amongst the most stunning hair on LHC. Who is that in the images you posted, or is it three different people? Either way that hair is gorgeous!

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Your friends are ignorant. TBH, I don't know why you need to discuss this with them in the first place. Letting them into your life too much is obviously not a good thing.

Oh, just a question. Can I ask you to write in paragraphs, because I am having trouble reading that "wall of text", with no spaces in between; it is wrecking my poor eyesight.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Long black hair is BEAUTIFUL !!
    I love Amy Lee from the band evanescence’s hair it’s gorgeous !!!! It’s to die for in her music videos
    I used to have my hair black and loved it
    I actually really regretted bleaching over it
    I first dyed my hair black when I was about 7 I was in primary school and the only person with dyed hair as I wanted to be like princess jasmine from Aladdin
    I understand that some people prefer certain colours but they are being really sour by the sounds of it .... if anything they sound jealous of the length or something . Something is getting them envious to react like that . That reaction is excessive .
    Black hair looks so pretty both straight wavy and curly , and you can really have accessories that pop against black hair
    Please don’t be put off by their ignorant comments

Length
    AHL/AHL/FT
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dendra View Post
    I dyed my hair black for years because I find black hair beautiful, as I'm sure many here do! The grass is always greener on the other side. Growing up with fair hair often you want dark hair and vice versa.

I think you were very patient with your friends, but please don't let them make you think that black hair is ugly, far from it. There are some members on here with black hair that I think most people would agree is amongst the most stunning hair on LHC. Who is that in the images you posted, or is it three different people? Either way that hair is gorgeous!
    Well since they're my friends, I have to patience with them sometime, even I just didn't agree with it A group of friends is girl is already a mess, I would say that keep silent and try to talk about something else will be better And yes, I agree that there are a lots of people with amazing long black hair on LHC, and black hair is not that bad so )) Those images is from Pinterest, I keep a long hair collection on there, these are a few pictures that I take out from it

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Black hair is one of the greatest gifts that mama nature can bestow upon a mortal being.
    And that is my opinion...

Mine in later life is very very often mistaken for black...but it is not.

Back in Black???

Nope.....
    Born, in black.

Length
    AHL/AHL/FT
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Your friends are ignorant. TBH, I don't know why you need to discuss this with them in the first place. Letting them into your life too much is obviously not a good thing.

Oh, just a question. Can I ask you to write in paragraphs, because I am having trouble reading that "wall of text", with no spaces in between; it is wrecking my poor eyesight.
    I couldn't do anything since I'm try my best to not blow it out and they are my friends, guess that not everyone can have the same opinion
    I have fix the post now Sorry for the "wall of text" )))

Length
    AHL/AHL/FT
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fhairyqueen View Post
    Long black hair is BEAUTIFUL !!
    I love Amy Lee from the band evanescence’s hair it’s gorgeous !!!! It’s to die for in her music videos
    I used to have my hair black and loved it
    I actually really regretted bleaching over it
    I first dyed my hair black when I was about 7 I was in primary school and the only person with dyed hair as I wanted to be like princess jasmine from Aladdin
    I understand that some people prefer certain colours but they are being really sour by the sounds of it .... if anything they sound jealous of the length or something . Something is getting them envious to react like that . That reaction is excessive .
    Black hair looks so pretty both straight wavy and curly , and you can really have accessories that pop against black hair
    Please don’t be put off by their ignorant comments
    You dye your hair when you 7? Wow, my mother would never let me do something like that when I'm in that age ) Your are right, some people just prefer certain colors. I love to wearing hair accessories, eventhough I'm really bad at doing my hair so I didn't have any chance to wear it, except for my hair grip since I put my hair in a bun everyday and I need something to hold it up

Length
    AHL/AHL/FT
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hexen View Post
    Black hair is one of the greatest gifts that mama nature can bestow upon a mortal being.
    And that is my opinion...

Mine in later life is very very often mistaken for black...but it is not.

Back in Black???

Nope.....
    Born, in black.
    Totally agree! And I ahve to say your hair in the picture looks amazing ) It is dark brown?

Length
    27/57/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I've always thought black hair is gorgeous. When I was little I used to wish I had black, straight hair. I live in Thailand by the way, and dyed hair is really popular here too. I think it's a shame that girls feel like they have to dye their hair for it to be beautiful. But it is very human in a way; people want what they don't have. And they think it is beautiful just because it is different, or because someone in Hollywood or a fashion magazine says that is what is beautiful.
    Do what you want, and whenever you need someone to remind you that black hair is beautiful, you'll find it here.