Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Three (or four!) monthly photo thread

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Three (or four!) monthly photo thread

Nice thread idea!

This is my 3 month and 5 day progress. Forgive the bad photo quality. I don't really have a good spot with good lighting.
    The first pic i took on the day i rejoined the LHC and the second one is today.

Last edited by Stray_mind; October 1st, 2018 at 12:30 PM.

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Corvana - I was thinking about doing it in January too for the full year one. I figured I'll take pics then anyway as it'll be my LHC anniversary in January and just have a yearly one separately I also use a hair spreadsheet, it's soo good. I love having the visual of when you're likely to reach length goals, no shame (Well, on this site anyway) :P. Looks like you've got a great start, your hair looks really healthy and thick.
    Heheh I picked the dates in late August I think? So I'd just missed July's! But I figured I'd just wait anyway, because heck it! It wasn't too much of a pain to just wait lol. But I am glad I figured it out in time so that I could start 2018's photos on January 1st!

And I'll likely take photos of milestones, if I notice I hit them. I feel like those would be outliers anyway, and I'm one who would want to have it immortalized when I hit it, instead of waiting for the length shot day.

Yeah it's great! Not 100% accurate, considering variable growth, but nice to get an idea from! Like, I think I'll probably hit APL before next summer, and should definitely hit BSL before fall. And I could maybe hit waist next year if I get a couple good growth spurts! But my spreadsheet says APL in February, BSL in June, and WL in November! While I'd love that, I'm trying really hard to not see those dates as a near-guarantee (it's so hard, though! I want super long hair NOW!).

And thank you! It's starting to get a little velcro-y on the ends, though and that makes me sad! I have a hard time trimming at this length, so I'm gonna have to just deal I guess? I really need to see about getting some more deep conditioner, because I'm out!
    Last edited by Corvana; November 18th, 2017 at 01:14 PM. Reason: i realized i forgot like... a whole thought.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

And since I keep forgetting to do so:

Jas your hair is so lovely! It actually reminds me of my son's, and his hair is so soft.

ShilvaA your color is incredible, and I love your waves! I think your hair is basically exactly what I think of when I think of my "perfect hair". I think I'm still not over my texture being 1b even though it's been this way for ALMOST THIRTY YEARS

Andthetalltrees that's still some good and noticeable growth! And your hair is so shiny!

Stray_mind wow! That's a lot of growth! And of course your hair is amazing as always.

I love the gap for these photos, because it really drives home the length gains!
    Last edited by Corvana; November 18th, 2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: formatting

Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/32-33/46"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post

Jas your hair is so lovely! It actually reminds me of my son's, and his hair is so soft.

ShilvaA your color is incredible, and I love your waves! I think your hair is basically exactly what I think of when I think of my "perfect hair". I think I'm still not over my texture being 1b even though it's been this way for ALMOST THIRTY YEARS

Andthetalltrees that's still some good and noticeable growth! And your hair is so shiny!

Stray_mind wow! That's a lot of growth! And of course your hair is amazing as always.

I love the gap for these photos, because it really drives home the length gains!
    I never thought of my hair as shiny before posting pictures here haha, But many people have gave me that compliment, so I guess it is!
    Currently mid-back(27") after months of forgetting about it, Going for as long as I can put up with it

Length
    24/33/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

You are really kind! I have always wished for straighter hair, even now, especially as I have always wanted a really full hemline (like yours!) it’s crazy how we always wish for what we dont have! 1b is a wonderful texture, very good for noticing length increases too.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Nice thread idea!

This is my 3 month and 5 day progress. Forgive the bad photo quality. I don't really have a good spot with good lighting.
    The first pic i took on the day i rejoined the LHC and the second one is today.

That is quite a bit of growth for just 3 months! You're well on your way.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ShilvaA View Post
    You are really kind! I have always wished for straighter hair, even now, especially as I have always wanted a really full hemline (like yours!) it’s crazy how we always wish for what we dont have! 1b is a wonderful texture, very good for noticing length increases too.
    Let's swap!

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

It really does! As in Stray_mind's photos - hello supergrowth

And ShilvaA that's good to know that your brought your hair back to such lovely condition after bleach damage, that goes to show there's always hope

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Length
    MBL/KNEE/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Stray_mind, that's great progress - you can really see the difference.

Corvana, I know what you mean with the spreadsheet dates - it tells me I'll have classic by next October and I'm not totally convinced about that (but hoping!). Thank you for the compliment Yeah that is one thing I really like about my hair, it is really soft. Your hair looks really lovely and thick, can't wait to see your growth progress in January!

Edit: Oh, I thought you lot just used bold <b> to bold names but it doesn't work for me, how do you do it?

MBL ---> WL ---> HL ---> BCL ---> TBL ---> CL ---> MTL ---> Knee ---> Calf?

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Stray_mind, that's great progress - you can really see the difference.

Corvana, I know what you mean with the spreadsheet dates - it tells me I'll have classic by next October and I'm not totally convinced about that (but hoping!). Thank you for the compliment Yeah that is one thing I really like about my hair, it is really soft. Your hair looks really lovely and thick, can't wait to see your growth progress in January!

Edit: Oh, I thought you lot just used bold <b> to bold names but it doesn't work for me, how do you do it?
    You use [b]! Or if you're on the computer you can do ctrl+b!

Yeah I'm super hopeful about it, but now that I'm more calm about my growth spurt that I thought was my normal growth rate not being my normal growth rate, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt lol.

You're welcome! I'm a little jealous of how soft his hair is, and he literally only needs to brush it for it to be so soft. I'm over here like "I need a deep conditioner, oil, and a leave-in to get near that softness a little bit, how rude." But on the other hand, his hair tangles way more easily than mine! Pros and cons lol.

And thanks! I can't wait either ehehe. I think January's is gonna be with a towel, too, to really mark off APL.