Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Three (or four!) monthly photo thread

Length
    MBL/KNEE/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Three (or four!) monthly photo thread

I thought I'd create this - I looked at the seasonal thread but that didn't seem quite right and I've not been paying attention to seasons and taking pics then.

I looked at the monthly photo thread but I thought that might drive me a bit crazy, I felt three monthly photos would be good so that I can see growth and know I'm progressing without worrying about doing it monthly and trying to figure out if it looks longer then!

Feel free to post images that are 3-4 months apart from past pics, would be good to see how different people's growth looks in this time period

Rule is only to have a marker somewhere to see how length has changed (like hands on hips or a line through the picture). Try to take the pictures on a certain date every third (or fourth) month or within a few days.

Here is my three monthly picture from August-November. Finally inching close to BCL! Ends don't look nearly as bad as I thought they would either so I'm happy.

MBL ---> WL ---> HL ---> BCL ---> TBL ---> CL ---> MTL ---> Knee ---> Calf?

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Three (or four!) monthly photo thread

Good progress Jas! Your hair's looking really shiny and healthy

This is a good idea for a thread, I like pictures where you can see a good chunk of growth. This is pretty basic, but how do you post pictures side by side like that?

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Length
    MBL/KNEE/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Oh, I just edit in paint :P and play around with cropping them next to each other.

So pic --> Right click --> edit and do the same for the other pic you want to edit, then copy the second pic to the first paint image (make sure you have enough of the white page to put it next to the other pic). Hope that makes sense!

and thank you I am quite happy with it, I expected my ends to be a lot worse.. guess wearing hair up really does make a massive difference!

Get your pics up when you get the cropping working!

Length
    CBL/Waist/Hip+
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Good idea for a thread Jas! I'm doing this anyway, taking lengthshots every three months. Otherwise it would drive me nuts and my hair doesn't grow fast so there is not much to see.

Your hair looks really good, happy and healthy! I might post pictures later but I already posted these in the BSL 2 waist thread, hmmm.
    Current lenght: 83cm/ almost 33" ~ may 19 2018 ~ Made it to waistlength!

Length
    24/33/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Heres my 4 month progress... had a bit of a trim last month but there is still some growth

No more trimming until late next year now!! Hoping for Hip or close-to for my wedding in Jan 2019. Cant afford to lose anymore length!

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Oh ho a length shot thread I can be in! I was struggling really hard with monthly length shots, both in remembering to do them the right day and in not seeing much progress in them. So I decided 4 times a year on a cycle starting January 1st (so I can have a fresh picture for the new year, and I get the "full" year's growth for the last lol), then wrote down in my hair spreadsheet (shhhhhh lol) the days for photos and the days for measuring (which I decided on every 4 weeks exactly, but will likely stop actually measuring after APL because it feels like milestones will be easier to go by then).

So for now I'll just post my October 1st length shot, as it's the only one that "counts" now lol. I have it also paired with my first length/typing photo, but that was from May before my trim and is basically the same length as October's anyway.

Next up: January 1st!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/32-33/46"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

These aren't super "traditional" length photos since they're from the side, but it's one of the ways I keep track.

July vs November

Currently mid-back(27") after months of forgetting about it, Going for as long as I can put up with it

Length
    MBL/KNEE/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thanks Suze! Yeah those were my thoughts. I was considering making this a pictures only thread and having a separate comments one but didn't because making your own thread is a bit intimidating :P Do post your pics later though!

ShilvaA there's definitely some good growth there, I reckon you'll easily make it to hip by 2019 (just don't trim too much!).

Corvana - I was thinking about doing it in January too for the full year one. I figured I'll take pics then anyway as it'll be my LHC anniversary in January and just have a yearly one separately I also use a hair spreadsheet, it's soo good. I love having the visual of when you're likely to reach length goals, no shame (Well, on this site anyway) :P. Looks like you've got a great start, your hair looks really healthy and thick.

Andthetalltrees - Interesting way to keep track, you can see there's been growth though =D

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Oh, I just edit in paint :P and play around with cropping them next to each other.

So pic --> Right click --> edit and do the same for the other pic you want to edit, then copy the second pic to the first paint image (make sure you have enough of the white page to put it next to the other pic). Hope that makes sense!

and thank you I am quite happy with it, I expected my ends to be a lot worse.. guess wearing hair up really does make a massive difference!

Get your pics up when you get the cropping working!
    Thank you Jas, I had no idea it was that simple! I have a mac so I can't use paint but thanks to google I've found a whole new world of (extremely basic) photo editing joy built in to mac's photo preview. So now I can draw a line to indicate waist etc, but still trying to figure out how to align two pictures.

ShilvaA your hair is just lovely. Looking good everyone.

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Length
    24/33/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Thank you Dendra! It’s been a long time coming as my hair was horrendously bleach-damaged the other year.

Everyones hair looks great! Happy growing everyone! <3