Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unicorn hair for brunettes!

Length
    20"/28.5"/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Unicorn hair for brunettes!

I don’t know if I’m axtually the first to bring this over to LHC, but my friend just shared this on Facebook. It’s a line of semi permanent hair colors in “unicorn colors”, AND the hair doesn’t have to be bleached first!

What do you all think of this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.all...e-brunette/amp
    Lady Nisaba, Scribe of the Celestial Scrolls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20"/28.5"/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Unicorn hair for brunettes!

Oh, my friend said it only works on virgin hair though. Not previously colored hair.
    Lady Nisaba, Scribe of the Celestial Scrolls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/KL/Term
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Best on light to medium brown, it says. So I doubt it would work for my super dark brown hair. Seems like a fun option for lighter brunettes though.

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

It seems like they just picked shades which work on dark hair anyway, and I kinda assume that by brown they mean blonette

But the colours are very pretty Although why unicorn, it's more like mermaid hair with all the blues

Length
    shl/bsl/class
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Lime Crime isn't a very good brand to buy from, unfortunately! They market their makeup as vegan even though it is made with animal products, and have been known to not have the most hygienic packaging. They've also bullied/intimidated bloggers who post bad reviews of their products. Their website is also insecure and many people lost money when their credit card information was stolen from it.

https://www.racked.com/2015/9/28/939...xenia-vorotova

I would recommend finding someone else who sells semi permanent colors! Sorry.
    shoulder / cbl / apl / bsl / waist / hip / classic

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by torosaurus View Post
    Lime Crime isn't a very good brand to buy from, unfortunately! They market their makeup as vegan even though it is made with animal products, and have been known to not have the most hygienic packaging. They've also bullied/intimidated bloggers who post bad reviews of their products. Their website is also insecure and many people lost money when their credit card information was stolen from it.

https://www.racked.com/2015/9/28/939...xenia-vorotova

I would recommend finding someone else who sells semi permanent colors! Sorry.
    I have heard some "things" about Lime Crime, yes. First YTers were all over it, then that calmed down like *that* and they were all against Lime Crime, en masse it seemed. News travels fast.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    32/42/44
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Unicorns are white and I don't much like my hair colour being called 'Sea Witch'. Moving along, I asked chat support about how it works:

Hey there Unicorn, welcome to Lime Crime!
    How are you today?
    I'm good thanks, how are you?
    Doing well, thank you!
    Did you have questions about Sea Witch?
    Yes, I read that your dye works on brown hair. Is that true?
    You can absolutely use Unicorn Hair dyes over dark hair as they are formulated with maximum pigment. Keep in mind that the lighter the hair, the more vibrant the color will show up. The darker the hair, the more the color will appear as a tint.
    You'll also want to stick with those shades that are specified as being full coverage shades.

So the way the are different to normal colour dyes is they contain more pigment? I haven't had much luck on my natural colour in the past
    Yes, these are pigment depositing dyes, so they contain a high amount of pigment. They do not contain any ammonia, bleach or peroxide, so they won't damage hair!
    The new ones that are coming out soon do have even more pigment, so those will have the most color pay off for brown hair.
    Do they bleed at all?
    Do you mean after they are applied?
    Or do you mean during application?
    After they have been applied. Sometimes if you apply a lot of coloured dye, hair bleeds colour onto clothes especially when it's wet. I wondered if that would be an issue, given they are even more pigmented?
    I have never had that happen to me!
    You will see your water tinted when you wash your hair, but the dye doesn't bleed off of your hair once you rinse it out.
    That's awesome, thank you for your help :-)
    You're welcome!
    Seems like they hyper pigmented deposit dyes. I wouldn't hold out much hope of them working on really dark hair.

They say they don't really bleed, but I do wonder if they could rub off or stain things. Because if you use too much normal deposit dye, more than you hair can soak up that's what happens. And all they are doing is adding more colour pigment to a deposit dye. How are they getting it to stick?

Also, they actually say it will show up as a tint on dark hair.

Grew from shoulder to thumb length in 7 years without trims. Now maintaining.
    There once was a girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good. But when she was bad she was horrid.

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I used Directions plum on my medium-dark (henndigo'd) hair over the summer. I left it on for 2 hours. It didn't stain any clothes/bedclothes but I did notice purple water every time I washed my hair.
    Pics from outdoors and indoors over different days, it faded to burgundy and was gone in about 2 weeks.

October 2017 to July 2020

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Something that could dye a good green over brown would be interesting....

Here's my question: Why is it always cool colors? Where's the love for warm-toned people?
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    20"/28.5"/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    It seems like they just picked shades which work on dark hair anyway, and I kinda assume that by brown they mean blonette

But the colours are very pretty Although why unicorn, it's more like mermaid hair with all the blues

That’s what I thought lol. They look more like mermaid hair to me as well.