Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift ideas for someone with very long hair?

Default Gift ideas for someone with very long hair?

Hello all,

First time poster here. This may be my only thread here, but I would greatly appreciate your suggestions and feedback!

Long story short... I have been away from home (on work) for months and I would like to send my long-haired-girlfriend a "thinking of you" care package. In addition to various odds and ends, I have thought about sending her some long hair gifts//toys/stuff (I don't know much long hair lingo). As a man who has never had long hair, I have no idea what I could possibly get her. Through some clever Googling, I found this wonderful forum full of long hair experts!

Here is some info that may be relevant for your suggestions:

Her age: 25
    Hair color: brown (I don't know the specific shade)
    Length/texture: hip length, straight, thick (no layers or anything like that, never dyed/bleached)
    Goal length: Upper or mid-thigh, but at least "past her butt" (as she says)
    How she wears it at work: ponytail or braid
    How she wears it outside work: down

Her hair goal is to grow her hair upper/mid-thigh length and make a donation. She wants to be able to donate the minimum length (8 or 10 inches, as I understand) but still have her hair very long after the cut. For her, "very long" is at least waist length.

Thank you in advance!!

Length
    32/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Gift ideas for someone with very long hair?

I will assume at that length that when she wears her hair down she has the top and sides pulled back in some way to keep it under control. Do a search for slides and barrettes and you will find some nice ones she might like. You also should do a little research on donating hair.
    Lady Nephelai, Storm-Breaker of the Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

What about some nice silk scrunchies? There are some really nice ones on etsy. Silk pillowcases are great too, the help keep hair from tangling at night.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stormynights View Post
    You also should do a little research on donating hair.
    This times infinity. With the exception of charities that use human hair to soak up oil spills, most donated hair is thrown away or sold. Before you're completely horrified by that, here is the reason: those charities typically need money with which to pay wig makers more than they need the hair. Except possibly Locks of Love, it's my understanding that they're just a bad charity and mostly a scam. The other ones are more "reputable" as it were.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

She might like a silk pillowcase, they are lovely on hair.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    APL/TBL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    She might like a silk pillowcase, they are lovely on hair.
    This is a good idea -- I love mine! If you wanted to up the ante, you could make it a a set by adding a nightgown, scrunchi, or maybe an eye mask or something? I would happily receive such a gift.
    ~ Not all those who wander are lost ~

Some of the gifts I've given to long hair members of my family include hair sticks (Etsy is a good place to start), travel size shampoo and conditioners (JASON used to sell them - and may still do but I can't get them in my part of the world any more, but a good organic shampoo is likely to be appreciated), and a hair turban (great for drying hair without heat). Other ideas could be a hair oil (Argan, Coconut, Jojoba, etc), a natural boar bristle brush (depending how much you want to spend), spin pins, or a beautifully made wooden comb. Any of those I'd be thrilled to receive as a gift.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Nightblooming's shop on etsy has a lot of really lovely oil blends, so you could get her something with a scent she likes, or a nice salve or detangler. Her stuff is both practical and a treat.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

First of all, is she really *into* her hair, or just growing it out to donate. In that case all those lovely hair gifts might go to waste later.

At least with a silk pillowcase, that works on shorter hair also.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    17/18/35
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

It's really nice of you of think about her hair and want a to giver her a gift about it.
    If my hair were that long I personally would like a set of hair forks like this ones:

And the silk pillowcases too!
    I don't think Shampoos or oils would be a good idea because you may get the ingredients wrong or she may not like the scents, maybe.

Good Luck!