Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garbage Can worthy? What hair things have you thrown out?

Length
    22/31/term
    Type
    2c/F/i

Default Garbage Can worthy? What hair things have you thrown out?

What hair items have you thrown in the garbage can lately?

Myself, I threw away my boar's bristle brush. I am finally convinced that its not good for my hair, and my particular brush had too dense of bristles anyways. If I did use one it would have to be softer and have wider spacing for my fine hair... not saying I will use one in the future, but it was wrong for my hair.

I also threw away two sulphate shampoos.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Garbage Can worthy? What hair things have you thrown out?

I don't think I've thrown anything out, not even my hot tools (because you never know). Yes, I hoard my stuff, but... you never know. No, I haven't thrown out anything except my beaten up old Tangle Teezer that had had its day. It was 10 years old. I needed to start to use my new one, as the bristles were *destroyed*.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Dry shampoo. Never works for me!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Please, please don't throw fully usable things (like brushes and bottles of shampoo) in rubbish bin , recycle them!! (i.e. give them to charity or someone else who may need them.) For the sake of this planet, obviously; it's drowning in garbage as it is...

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I've only thrown broken things away. If I don't like a shampoo, I'll usually find a way to use it - heavily diluted or as a bubble bath. If I buy something, I make myself use it, even if I hate it. I tried a nonfat, sugar free mocha from Starbucks a few weeks back. Bleh - horrible! But I drank it.

I'm a hair product hoarder (teehee) if I don't like an item, let's say shampoo, I'll use it as a body wash. I don't like wasting money, I guess its the principle of the thing.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I don't normally throw things away. I try to find other who can use them but these are the thing I would toss.
    BBB- It's now used for the dogs
    Suave conditioner- hubby can use anything
    Shea moisture curl balm- gave this to a LHC member
    Nizoral- haven't tossd it yet but I will. Soon as I find where I hid it away lol.
    Ogx anything, it all went in the trash

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Annalouise View Post
    What hair items have you thrown in the garbage can lately?

Myself, I threw away my boar's bristle brush. I am finally convinced that its not good for my hair, and my particular brush had too dense of bristles anyways. If I did use one it would have to be softer and have wider spacing for my fine hair... not saying I will use one in the future, but it was wrong for my hair.

I also threw away two sulphate shampoos.

Did you throw it like, really throw it away? Or are you just planing to? My sister took mine because I stopped using it for a bit but I miss it for smoothing updo's. Nothing gives the same result.

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I usually give my stuff away to either my SIL or my friends. The most recent things I have gotten rid of was the rest of my macadamia line of stuff ("healing oil" and a leave in product), pantene ice shine(because it reeks and trashes my hair), and my nature's gate sulfate free aloe shampoo.

I'm currently using Suave Coconut as a shaving cream, and I have a V05 Strawberries and Cream shampoo that needs a new purpose... perhaps body wash

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    CBL/24/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I've had many OXG brand shampoos that went to my hubby, along with a volumizing burt's bees shampoo, a renpure green apple scented thing, and most recently A shea moisture shampoo because although it worked fine for my hair it had to much coconut oil in causing me massive break outs. I actually threw away a dry shampoo because the scent gave me an asthma attack. Other items weren't great but I used them anyways were loreal sulfate free lines, a nature's gate shampoo, and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Lady Amethyst Rosevyn, Kynd Sempstress of the Land of Frosted Woodlands
    Wishing the burgundy henna would have stayed! Now growing out bleached henna...
    Just Brushing BSL Hoping for Waist wavy by end of 2017