Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: suddenly curly

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Cool suddenly curly

I recently came to the realization that my hair was not straight hair made poufy by my native Florida climate, its actually curly hair I did not know how to take care of!
    Now that I've learned about proper hair care, the frizz mess of my teenage years is now lovely brown curls and waves I never knew I could have.

Has anyone else had this epiphany happen to them?

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: suddenly curly

Yes, I had the same thing happen a few years ago. I knew I had a couple ringlets at the nape of my neck and some waves around my face but I though the rest of my hair was straight. I fought the frizz for years.
    I'm still coming to terms with my curls but my hair looks better now than it ever has.

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Yes... When I was living in dry South Poland my hair was stick straight. Really. STICK straight. Since I live in humid North Germany it has slight waves and even two or three tiny curls here and there.
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Length
    4.7/22/26
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Yeah, I have this too. I always knew it was a little wavy, but my front hair was always completely straight for years.
    But now,when I let it air dry, it gets really curly. I haven't done that for the past three months now so it's more wavy looking for easier protection styles (cold winds, rain etc). Plus it doesn't behave very well in winter I guess.
    And tbh I haven't found a proper way to style my hair yet with my curls. I always thought I was something like a 2a but I'm more of a 2c with 3a strands.

I did not take good care of my hair. I have had white hair for years, all colors of the rainbow over it, and straightened it.... Straightening didn't help because it's very humid where I live xD Just like Wusel since I live next to Germany. So my curls got back in no time xD

I have to relearn everything! xD

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Maybe you're in for a new hairtyping pic? I'd love to see those curls (curiosity has the better of me). It's nice to go from 2a/b to real curls!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Yup, happened to me as well. I always used to blowdry while brushing it straight(ish), or sun-dry while continuously combing or brushing, so I had a fluffy texture that was neither straight nor wavy, just weird. My first attempt at airdrying without interference was a real eye-opener!

They tell me that my hair was always straight as a kid and then it changed abruptly to wavy and now it's curly. Well, I was looking at some pictures of me as a little kid when my hair wasn't super short (like they always kept it!)... it looks exactly like someone brushed through curly/wavy hair and got the poufy thing! My mom, a cosmetologist, used to straighten it for me until I was in about seventh grade. Then I tried to keep it wavy but that was before learning to take care of curls and waves differently. It curled up a bit more when I hit my early 20's enough to get into the 3's. In the last year or two, it has gone from 3a to 3b with even some 3c strands I think.

For curlies and wavies, taking care of our hair and our routine tends to promote more curls and waves when hair is happy enough... or a poufy thing that still somehow falls flat like we've all experienced, lol!
    Lady Sedna of the Celestyal Sę and Crescent Moon in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Long hair is considered bohemian, which may be why I grew it, but I keep it because I love the way it feels. ~Piercy

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

It happened to me too. When I was in high school, I used to think that my hair was straight, but incredibly frizzy. For years, I tried to tame it to make it look the way it was "supposed to be": lots of hair drying, products for straight hair, etc. ... One day I realised that my hair was indeed wavy. So I decided to take it to the extreme, and made a curly perm. Then, I made a few more curly perms. And now I'm growing out natural and loving my natural wurls

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Air dried after using CG method for first time. Some of it spirals, some of it s-waves, some of just corkscrews weirdly [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by SwanFeathers; March 21st, 2016 at 09:30 AM.

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

You look 2c. Nice wurls!

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic