Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White dot help!

Length
    ear/chin/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default White dot help!

I got a much needed trim the other day and i loved seeing my formally white dot covered ends be dot free!

I wear a silk cover over my hair at night and I noticed that even wearing a silk cover my hair gets white dots..from sleeping :-/

Is there anything I can do to help my hair from breaking? I am thinking of coating them in coconut oil to give them more of a protective barrier but I'm pretty frustrated at this point. I keep my hair up during the day so sleep is the only possible time my hair can get bent in such a way. Ugh.
    Shoulder BSL Waist Hip TB Classic

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: White dot help!

It might not be completely silk. It could also be a weaving style that feels rougher. Did the tag on it say anything else like polyester? Or sis the bag it came in say something else?

Length
    ear/chin/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

There is no tag, it was gifted so I took their word for it. Maybe I should buy a new one at this point.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Are these dots up the strand, or at the end; at the end is not a "real" aka "damage" white dot and usually comes from dull shears.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Do you braid it before bed? Might help, and you can ditch the silk cover too and just use a silk pillowcase.
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    32/42/44
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Are you growing out any kind of damage? Mine tend to turn into white dots on the longest ends. I suspect it's because I a growing out straightener damage from many years ago though, not because my scissors are blunt. It doesn't happen higher up on shorter hairs.

Grew from shoulder to thumb length in 7 years without trims. Now maintaining.
    There once was a girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good. But when she was bad she was horrid.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shibe View Post
    There is no tag, it was gifted so I took their word for it. Maybe I should buy a new one at this point.
    There are also silk pillowcases you can buy. I got mine here: http://www.dharmatrading.com/clothin...illowcase.html
    They might have other silk things to look at on that website too.
    You also might have previous damage that never got cut out, more than what you trimmed off. Have you heat styled or used some sort of chemical dye on your hair before?
    Last edited by gthlvrmx; September 28th, 2015 at 08:34 PM.

Length
    ear/chin/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

My hair is virgin, I have only heat styled it once and that was 3 weeks ago. As I stated, I recently trimmed off 2 inches with a brand new pair of goody scissors- I don't use dye or any chemicals. I do have white dots that are at the end and some that are about a cm above that.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shibe View Post
    My hair is virgin, I have only heat styled it once and that was 3 weeks ago. As I stated, I recently trimmed off 2 inches with a brand new pair of goody scissors- I don't use dye or any chemicals. I do have white dots that are at the end and some that are about a cm above that.
    I'm really sorry to have to say it, but if that heat styling was with straighteners or a curling iron, it is enough, yes once is enough to get you lots of white dots (and I mean the dots *along* a strand). The white dots at the end are no damage (sometimes a hair just looks like that, but if it's on there in masses it's usually dull scissors).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    NL/APL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I'm really sorry to have to say it, but if that heat styling was with straighteners or a curling iron, it is enough, yes once is enough to get you lots of white dots (and I mean the dots *along* a strand). The white dots at the end are no damage (sometimes a hair just looks like that, but if it's on there in masses it's usually dull scissors).
    Ohhh wait, really?? I always thought the white dots at the end of hair were the very *beginning* stages of a split end. So there is no need to trim the ones on the ends?