Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hey everyone!

First let me say that this forum is incredibly informative, and I've learned a lot just by reading. I do, however, have some questions (more on that shortly.)

I'm a guy; I am a student currently (computer science, so I'm familiar with all the neckbeard jokes!) I started growing my hair out seriously about 2 summers ago, and beard about the same time. I've gone from a buzz to around 25 inches as of now (it falls well below my shoulders at any rate.) It's definitely wavy; going by the hair typing thing, I'd estimate 2a, about medium as far as strand thickness goes. It's also extremely tangle prone, so I must keep it in a bun or a braid or I'll regret it later.

Anyway, I have a question that I've not been able to locate answers to. What do all those abbreviations that people seems to use a lot to denote their length mean? I can guess one or two by context, but I'm feeling in the dark.

Length
    12/35.5/37
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Hello!

Hi and welcome!

sounds like your hair grows really fast - congratulations! We are close to the same length & hair type, but I have no desire to be a Viking

Be sure to check out the stickies for newby advise. Here's a link to the LHC abbreviations thread. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...t=54874&page=3

and this is the link to important threads > http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=126309

Ah, thanks for the links. Now the abbreviations are demystified.

Yeah, I have pretty fast hair growth; I try to take good care of it and also eat a clean diet. Not just hair, either. I have ridiculously fast finger- and toe-nail growth.

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Welcome to the long hair community! It sounds like your hair grows fairly fast. It's great to have you here and I hope you enjoy it and find as much helpful information here as I have!
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Nice to see so many people with similar hair types.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Welcome! We have quite a few men here, though they often don't stand out (back of the head photos etc). Happy growing!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Haha, well, I'm not one for putting pictures of myself on the internet. Might have to make an exception for this site in the future...