Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this my terminal length?

Default Is this my terminal length?

I was looking at some of my shed hairs, don't we all??? And I noticed a lot of mine shed out terminal (not cut) at 12-13 inches. Does that mean that's my terminal length? I also shed others that were 4-7 inches, but I figured those were from my edges, but these ones??

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Is this my termial length?

Every hair has their own terminal length. All hairs have different terminal lengths. Some hairs shed out when they are short, and some shed out when they are really long which is why people can grow to really long lengths (like classic or TBL). I doubt the most you can grow is 12-13 inches. Maybe those hairs that you notice shedding out at those lengths are from closer to your edges?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I've always shed some long hairs and some short hairs. I imagine that if you're shedding 12-13 inch hairs, it's because that's all the longer your hairs are right now, not because you're at terminal.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

I always do the range of sheds too, from 1 inch hairs to lots of 4-6 inch hairs, and I'd say like half my sheds are 12-15 inch hairs, (a total guesstimate) but my hair is not at waist length. I must have large areas of "short terminal" hairs.

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Is this my terminal length?

my shed hairs are usually the longest. the ones i lose from close to the hairline are so little in number, i probably dont even notice them.

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I shed from 4 inches to over 40, you're not terminal.

The shed hair counting and measuring is an unhealthy obsession please don't fall into it. You're gonna shed hair, you did when you were a baby and you will do it for your entire life. Your rate will change with seasons and stress and hormones. If you feel weird inside and notice a difference in shed go to your doctor other then that ignore it! Don't stress over shed or you'll shed more!

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yes, I second what Seeshami said. Seems like every thread you post is an obsessive one; it's not healthy.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2b/M/iii

Before becoming concerned about whether your hair has reached terminal, wait for at least 5 years, then see where your hair length is.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Agree with Seeshami and Madora. No use stressing over this. Take good care of your health and your hair over the years; you might be pleasantly surprised. Don't anticipate disappointment; it's hard enough to deal with when it happens.

I shed out hairs of all different lengths, but I know I can grow to just past classic length because I've done it.

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Especially from my temples and nape I shed shorter hairs all the time and I'm a few inches from classic with no end in sight.

This is as long as some hairs ever get