Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic length/no bangs w/ round face . . . Help!! (w/pics)

Angry Classic length/no bangs w/ round face . . . Help!! (w/pics)

So basically a few times a year I get into a tizzy and decide that I need a change, which isn't that unjustified considering I've had the same style of hair for my entire life. The wildest thing I've ever done was get layers in middle school and bangs in high school. Always the same long length and color.

Ok, so I have classic length auburn hair. I also have a round face, and currently, no bangs or "hangy things" which are just little pieces of hair that fall down to somewhat frame my face. They've all grown out and have blended into my hair. Basically, it's super boring and I look ugly without any hair framing my face, because of how round it is. Not flattering when you pull it back into a bun and all you've got is face, face, face.

I tried the bang thing once, as I've said, but it didn't work out because I have wavy/frizzy/curly hair and it required me to straighten it. Also, because I've got a weird hairline and cowlick that makes the bangs part to the side, no matter how much I've tried to get them to go straight.

I NEED something to frame my face., but I don't want to go full on bangs again, and I'm tired of my same ole 'hangy things" that I've had all my life like this:

I need your help, guys What should I do??? What frames the face but isn't full on bangs?? So lost. No wonder I never cut my hair. I wouldn't know what I wanted!!

What would look best on me? I'd love some example pics <3
    Last edited by iluvbooks; November 17th, 2014 at 01:05 AM.
    favorite shop: schnitzstube
    favorite hair product: coconut oil, aloe vera
    hair hero: lagertha from vikings

Default Re: Classic length/no bangs w/ round face . . . Help!! (w/pics)

Side note: Do any of you long hairs have bangs or other face framing hairs? Or do you prefer all one length for a thick hem?
    favorite shop: schnitzstube
    favorite hair product: coconut oil, aloe vera
    hair hero: lagertha from vikings

Length
    12/28/*hip*
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Maybe you could do graduated hangy things? Where the shortest bits are so short you can just plonk them behind your ears, and the longest are halfway between chin and collarbone? Normally I'd say that with round faces, a cool straigh across blunt bangs look marvellous (especially if one sweeps the blunt bangs in a side part to the left and right - quite retro) but if you don't want that because of waves, then that is not an option.

However from one roundface to another, I think that you are very beautiful. I get the feeling of 'just face' when the hair is up and no bangs stick out. But you have such nice skin, pretty eyes and a beautiful face that that's just in your head. Of course, if it bother you, I say hooray to hangy things and face framing layers, but beauty-wise you look fine without them, too.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Wow! Do you have a beautiful face and head of hair!!! After getting over 'the wow', I see that yes, your face is round. I really need a bun pic, but yes I would guess that your full face would be emphasized by that bun style. Maybe a sectioned bun that with a half up part, might let you pouf up the top of your hair a bit around your forehead and temples do that it's not so severe.

Or fake, clip on bangs. Maybe puppycatmeow on ETSY could help with that part somehow.

I wouldn't cut it if it was me.

I think that I have a pretty face, but a prominent jaw/chin thing. Ah well, it's just me, and I won't change my hair to compliment it better or hide it. It's just me, and I'm pretty anyway.
    Last edited by Wildcat Diva; November 17th, 2014 at 02:17 AM.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1257...=cat_gallery_1
    How about a braided headband like this? And look, the "bangs" in this case appear to be longer hair that is poofed back over the ear on the side and likely pinned under the braid.

But I betcha betcha she can make a braided headband with bangs that would look cool and somehow go back into a bun.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I don't think it looks unflattering at all. The first picture is my favorite! Anyway, if you have hints of waves, face-framing can be a bad bad bad bad choice. Those are the bits that will not play nice and frizz up. Unless they are straightened.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Neck/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I have exactly this problem, so am watching with interest. Bangs really don't suit me - I have quite a small, round face with a relatively low hairline, so full bangs make my face look even smaller and sideswept just doesn't work with my hair, it's too floppy. I am resigned to looking 'all face' with my hair pulled right back, but I prefer to wear it down or in a half-up, which looks softer. Days I pull my hair right back are days I'm too tired or busy to care much how I look!

And incidentally, you have my absolute dream hair - classic length auburn waves are what I wish I'd been born with.

Length
    CHIN/Waist/CLASS
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

iluvbooks: your face looks like a Preraphaelite dream, how can you say it's boring!
    But if you feel like framing your face, what about some nice accent braids in an updo? would that make things better for you?

Length
    0-2/37/42
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I must have a face round like a football, 'cause I don't think yours look round at all. I was thinking oval. You are stunningly beautiful and I honestly think you look the best w/o bangs. It doesn't look boring at all! I understand you get bored of the "no interesting sections around one's face", though, as I don't have any of those either. I just keep thinking "it'll take ages to grow out when I get bored with them..." (which I naturally will, sooner or later). Also, like you said, bangs thin the hemline out a tad. I love thick hemlines and having a fringe would remove a lil' of that.
    ...Did anybody say purple?!
    CBL APL MBL Waist Hip TBL Classic

Length
    buzz/mthgh/??
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm sorry, I have no advice but I can't help but say that you're ravishingly beautiful. Truly stunning :O
    ~ Tailbone * Classic * Fingertip * Mid-Thigh * Knee? * ~ Visit my long hair blog: http://longhairleili.tumblr.com/