Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best cone-free leave in conditioners?

Length
    APL/APL/TBL!
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Talking Best cone-free leave in conditioners?

If there is such a thing?
    I'm looking to find a simple way to provide my hair with more moisture consistently, so I thought a leave in conditioner might be the way to go. If anyone has any suggestions as to what leave in conditioner might be a good purchase, it would be much appreciated

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Best cone-free leave in conditioners?

If you don't care about silicones (and you do, but if you didn't) then go with the got2b smooth operator. It is da bomb.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/CLSC/CLSC
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

If you're feeling out of the box, I love the Petology oatmeal and honey leave in conditioning spray. yes it is for doggies. BUT I like the ingredients, it smells really yummy (not like a dog at all. vanilla and honey. I get lots of compliments on the scent) and it makes my hair feel softer and more manageable with less tangles. Sometimes I use it after I shower on damp hair, and sometimes I use it between showers on dry hair. I like both results(:

Here are the ingredients: Aloe Barbendisis Leaf Juice, Water, NaturShine, Organic Colloidal Oatmeal, Organic Shea Butter, Honey Complex, Polysorbate 20, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil; Vitacon, PMC (Plant Moisturizing Complex), Fragrance.

If there is something really bad for hair in there that I am overlooking please let me know.

this is the link to the product on their site: http://petology.net/index.php?option...ray&Itemid=106

And I work at Pet Supplies Plus which is how I discovered it, so I know that it is sold there if anyone's interested in trying it.

Who let the owls out... Hootenanny's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Waist/TB
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

There definitely is such a thing! I'm cone-free, and I have to use leave-in every time I wash (and sometimes in between washes). I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In, but honestly, you can use any cone-free conditioner; it doesn't have to be labelled as a "leave in". If you feel it's too heavy, then put the the condish on in the shower and duck your head under the running water for just a second or two. It will slightly dilute the conditioner and also help to spread it and coat all your hair.
    Pixie (7/2011) - APL (7/2013) - BSL (4/2014) - Waist when curly (2/2015) - Hip - TBL - ?

Type
    2a/F/i

Squirt a glob of your favorite conditioner into a spray bottle and dilute it with water. Add a bit of oil, aloe...whatever you want. I've never bought a leave in as I feel like it's just watered down conditioner sold at an obnoxious price...I can make that myself.

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    pixie/Chin/hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I really like EO Rosemary + mint conditioner for a leave in. Pretty sure it's cone free, here are the ingredients:

Purified Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Panthenol, Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Behenalkonium Chloride (and) Cetyl Alcohol, Hibiscus (Rosa Sinensis) Extract, Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica) Extract, Oily Hair Complex [Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Extract, Maiden Hair (Adiantum Capillus Veneris) Leaf Extract, Watercress (Nasturtium Officinale) Extract], Hair Volume Complex [Plantain (Plantago Psyllium) Seed Extract, White Dead-Nettle (Lamium Album) Flower Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract], Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein, EOŽ Organic Herb Blend [Organic Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis),Organic Chamomile (Matricaria Recutita) Extract, Organic Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Extract, and Organic White Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Leaf Extract], EOŽ Essential Oil Blend [Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Essential Oil, Peppermint (Mentha Piperitta) Essential Oil, Rosemary (Rosemary Angustifolia) Essential Oil], Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Organic Lecithin, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Phytate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

really like the rosemary and mint one because I feel it's the lightest and those essential oils are supposed to stimulate hair growth

Length
    APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by umbrellabones View Post
    If you're feeling out of the box, I love the Petology oatmeal and honey leave in conditioning spray. yes it is for doggies. BUT I like the ingredients, it smells really yummy (not like a dog at all. vanilla and honey. I get lots of compliments on the scent) and it makes my hair feel softer and more manageable with less tangles. Sometimes I use it after I shower on damp hair, and sometimes I use it between showers on dry hair. I like both results(:

Here are the ingredients: Aloe Barbendisis Leaf Juice, Water, NaturShine, Organic Colloidal Oatmeal, Organic Shea Butter, Honey Complex, Polysorbate 20, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil; Vitacon, PMC (Plant Moisturizing Complex), Fragrance.

If there is something really bad for hair in there that I am overlooking please let me know.

this is the link to the product on their site: http://petology.net/index.php?option...ray&Itemid=106

And I work at Pet Supplies Plus which is how I discovered it, so I know that it is sold there if anyone's interested in trying it.
    Those ingredients sound heavenly ! I may have to give it a try!

Length
    APL/APL/TBL!
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Wow you guys I got so much great feedback Thanks so much I'll definitely look into some of those conditioners, and if not, then I'll just lightly dilute my VO5 and call it a day

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume conditioner is amazing. And for me, a little goes a long way.

Length
    cbl/hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Ever sleek leave in cream