Thread: Back to LHC + hair growth pics

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Red face Back to LHC + hair growth pics

Hello all,

I'm (once again) back to the LHC after a long period of not caring about my hair. I gave my hair a much needed chop a couple of days before Christmas 2013, it went from just past BSL to just past shoulder length. I have not dyed my hair in two years this November.

I am now determined to finally reach my goal of hip length and not give up again!

So for the past two months I haven't been using any heat and for the past four days I have been taking Biotin, MSM and been washing my hair every second day with the Body Shop's Rainforest shampoo - it contains no silicones, no sulphates, no parabens and no colourants. http://www.bodyshop.com/hair/shampoo/rainforest-balance-shampoo.aspx I chose the Balance shampoo for oily hair since my hair gets oily every day. I have also been using this conditioner http://www.bodyshop.com/hair/conditi...nditioner.aspx. I've been trying to only wash my hair 3 days a week instead of every day.

I'm not sure how much my hair grows per month, but it has measured in at 23" yesterday :-) I am curious to see how long it will take to reach waist
    Last edited by BellCat; August 21st, 2014 at 12:16 PM.

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Back to LHC + hair growth pics

Hi BellCat, and welcome back
    It looks like your hair is growing fast, which is a nice thing! I would say you'll reach waist in a year, but it could be sooner if you don't trim too much.
    Your ends look very healthy, and hair in general, so I think you'll have no problems growing out to hip

Have you considered stretching the washes a little more? Maybe twice a week? Using a BBB could help you with the oily scalp.
    My scalp used to be very oily, and I used to need a wash every second day too, until I gave up with shampoo and tried co-washing. The transition period was hard, but it was worth it! I wash once a week now, and shampoo never again

I have tried the rainforest conditioner, and it was ok, but I found it too pricey and did not see any positive change in my hair while using it
    I would like to try the banana conditioner though, a lot of people here seem to be very happy with it
    Happy growing!

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic

Multiple Accounts
    Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Hey welcome back your hair is very soft looking and pretty

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome back!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)