Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Dyeing Advice

Length
    22/35/45
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Question Hair Dyeing Advice

Hi there

I was thinking of dyeing my hair (fully or highlights) but not sure if it's a good idea. I have natural black hair at the moment and my eyebrows are coarse and also black. They seem to be darker than my hair colour actually. I also have medium brown eyes and beige coloured skin with a yellow undertone. I was thinking of going for dark brown but worried that it will look weird, especially with the mis-matching eyebrows. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Heavy Raindrops; April 28th, 2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Bra strap ~ Mid-back ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Tailbone ~ Classic

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hair Dyeing Advice

Kind of hard to tell without a picture. I say it's all up to you!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Raindrops View Post
    Hi there

I was thinking of going for dark brown but worried that it will look weird, especially with the mis-matching eyebrows. What do you guys think?
    Actually I read somewhere that's it is completely normal to have eyebrows that are darker than your hair...it lends depth to the overall look. Mine are nearly jet black but my natural hair color is dark brown. Anyway, I agree it's hard to give color advice without a pic.

Length
    22/35/45
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Added a picture... hate pictures.
    Last edited by Heavy Raindrops; April 27th, 2014 at 08:36 AM.

Length
    Neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Hi there

I was thinking of dyeing my hair (fully or highlights) but not sure if it's a good idea. I have natural black hair at the moment and my eyebrows are coarse and also black. They seem to be darker than my hair colour actually. I also have medium brown eyes and beige coloured skin with a yellow undertone. I was thinking of going for dark brown but worried that it will look weird, especially with the mis-matching eyebrows. What do you guys think?

Well it's hard for me to see how you could improve on that! Beautiful, dramatic coloring against your sensational eyebrows. And going much lighter would require constant upkeep. I vote for keeping it natural

Wittingly Unpronounceable fiğrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I like your black hair very much, but I think dark brown would also look great on you As for the eyebrows, some people naturally have much darker eyebrows than hair colour (I'm a natural blonde with dark eyebrows). Your eyebrows are beautiful by the way!

Length
    22/35/45
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by momschicklets View Post
    Well it's hard for me to see how you could improve on that! Beautiful, dramatic coloring against your sensational eyebrows. And going much lighter would require constant upkeep. I vote for keeping it natural
    Haha thanks, I keep going back and forth between my decision to dye my hair. Just something I put on my bucket list 'dye your hair at least once'.

Length
    22/35/45
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fiğrildi View Post
    I like your black hair very much, but I think dark brown would also look great on you As for the eyebrows, some people naturally have much darker eyebrows than hair colour (I'm a natural blonde with dark eyebrows). Your eyebrows are beautiful by the way!
    Thank you. I find my eyebrows a pain because one grows nicely, the other one just does weird stuff.

Hi there

i have fair skin and yellow undertone too. when i had highlighted my hair (Quite golden) the mismatch between my black eyebrows and gold hair didn't really look bad. I had never thought about it until i read your post to be honest.

Account Closed by Member Request

omg, dont do anything in terms of highlighting! I almost have the exact same complexion and hair/brow color combination and i think the stronger the contrast, the better it looks. Its not impossible but keeping up with the makeup and brows would be quiet a challenge i guess. I use indigo and blueish black tints to keep my hair from fading towards the ends. The shimmer doesnt look exactly natural but it complements this kind of skintone better then anything light i would say.