Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: WCC, or conditioning twice post wash!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default WCC, or conditioning twice post wash!

Been using this method for literally years now. Originally I used CWC but that simply wasn't moisturizing enough for my waves, so I reverted the method, and came up with WCC.

Who else has been using this method? If not, try it sometime. I use it in conjunction with the LOC method for styling and my waves are generally (as most as this "wild mane" can be tamed) frizz-free.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: WCC, or conditioning twice post wash!

I'm glad you have a method that makes you happy with your hair.

What I've figured out for myself is that it's not the amount of conditioner I use or how many times I apply it but how well the conditioner is massaged into my hair. I used to use 5 or 6 pumps of conditioner (1/4 cup maybe?) but now use 1 or 2 pumps and very carefully massage and finger-comb or shower-comb through length. I allow it to remain in my hair while I do everything else I need to do in the shower, then rinse well. I've gone from CWC using 2 bottles of conditioner or more for every bottle of shampoo but now use about as much conditioner as shampoo (diluted shampoo then conditioner). I started doing this before recent hair cuts, and my results were the same as using much more conditioner.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I've not tried it, but will do next time I wash! Sounds interesting.
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thanks spidermom. In my case it's generous amounts of conditioner as well. Two times about a palmful of the stuff. It's usually smooshed into the hair really well, but the conditioner isn't runny. It needs to be smooshed in quite well. Kinda hard to get it to go everywhere.

Yes, do try it, joflakes! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Lapushka, I'm really intrigued by this method. Do you apply your second layer of conditioner right on top of the first? Or do you wash off the first conditioner layer before applying conditioner again? Do you change conditioners between your first and second application?

I agree with Lapushka and Spidermom that it's really important to coat and massage conditioner into hair very well, which is why I always use a lot of conditioner (2 - 3 palmfuls, at least) and also dilute heavy, thick conditioners in a bowl of hot water for easier application, it turns to a "conditioner soak", and this makes a big difference.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I also like to use my tangle teezer with a ton of conditioner in. Gently... I like how it seems to press the conditioner in and foams it up. Not for the faint of heart as we get those ix-nay on the wet brushing warnings. I learned this from GRU, CO-washing queen. Since I am gentle, and wash once a week, I dont worry over it too much.

Length
    16/30/50
    Type
    1b/F/i

I do this, it has made my ends lovely and soft!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Lapushka, I'm really intrigued by this method. Do you apply your second layer of conditioner right on top of the first? Or do you wash off the first conditioner layer before applying conditioner again? Do you change conditioners between your first and second application?
    This is how it happens here... We smoosh the first conditioner in, then we let it soak for 2 minutes. Rinse. Then the second (different) conditioner goes in, and it soaks for another 2 minutes. Rinse. Then the hair is squeegeed out and is wrapped into a turbie. After it gets out of the turbie, it's detangled (yes before leave-in and such). After detangling comes styling. My styling is according to the LOC method.

My first conditioner is usually a "bad" conditioner or one that I don't care particularly about. One I have laying around that isn't too coney or doesn't detangle too well. Then my second conditioner is always (for now at least) Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's a great detangler for me.

My hair doesn't need much in the way of "detangling". The comb always glides through without a snatch. That's what I particularly love about this method: silky hair!

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Thanks a lot for the description, Lapushka!
    I'll definitely try it.
    I'm curious why this method works differently than using 2 conditioners in the same amount at once. Maybe it's the extra friction that one gets from washing off conditioner twice, which might result in better "cleansing" and better, more uniform adsorption of conditioner to hair...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    I'm curious why this method works differently than using 2 conditioners in the same amount at once. Maybe it's the extra friction that one gets from washing off conditioner twice, which might result in better "cleansing" and better, more uniform adsorption of conditioner to hair...
    I guess it's the same for those that CO or CWC wash, you rinse out before applying something new. That seems to go for all the methods that are around. I wouldn't know what mixing the conditioners would do, haven't tried it like that before.