Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: WCC, or conditioning twice post wash!

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: WCC, or conditioning twice post wash!

Quote Originally Posted by S&S View Post
    I've always conditioned twice since I found out about hair porosity (4/5 years ago). I use an "all moisture" conditioner and then a second with a few proteins (not much).

They're both hair masks btw, but I use them in the shower - try to keep them on for as long as I can :P
    Yea I heard about it a while ago on naturallycurly forum.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    BSL/30.5”/34”
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii

littlestarface, that's honestly probably where I first read it.

I was stalking that forum, this forum and I think another before I joined here haha

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I've conditioned twice for years as well, before I was ever hair-conscious in any manner. It just felt like something I should do, having long hair and all.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    16/29/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I started doing it after reading this thread and it's made so much difference! My hair stays silkier for longer between washes. I feel like the first condition helps to detangle so that the second condition can penetrate better. I'm more conscious now of taking the time to let it soak in too, whereas before, especially if I was rushed, I'd just put it in and rinse it out almost instantly, so it felt smooth but it wasn't really moisturised effectively.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by qvbit View Post
    I started doing it after reading this thread and it's made so much difference! My hair stays silkier for longer between washes. I feel like the first condition helps to detangle so that the second condition can penetrate better. I'm more conscious now of taking the time to let it soak in too, whereas before, especially if I was rushed, I'd just put it in and rinse it out almost instantly, so it felt smooth but it wasn't really moisturised effectively.
    That's awesome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/BSL/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

I wanna give this method a try. I've just been doing the basic shampoo/conditioner method, which for a long time does it for me. But since I've recently fried the heck out of my hair, and dyed it back to my "natural" color afterwards, my hair is much more dry and tangle-prone.

So hopefully with this method, plus starting to use sulfate-free shampoo more often, and my clarifying shampoo more sparingly, my hair would be silky and soft again. Will report the results from time to time!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Natalina View Post
    I wanna give this method a try. I've just been doing the basic shampoo/conditioner method, which for a long time does it for me. But since I've recently fried the heck out of my hair, and dyed it back to my "natural" color afterwards, my hair is much more dry and tangle-prone.

So hopefully with this method, plus starting to use sulfate-free shampoo more often, and my clarifying shampoo more sparingly, my hair would be silky and soft again. Will report the results from time to time!
    Hope you like it, and if you don't (should it weigh your hair down), there's also the CWC method to consider.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I also want to give this a try do you leave on each condtioner for about 2 minutes and then totally rinse it out? My hair seems dry no matter what I do...and I cowash ><
    currently approaching tbl

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    I also want to give this a try do you leave on each condtioner for about 2 minutes and then totally rinse it out? My hair seems dry no matter what I do...and I cowash ><
    I leave mine in for like 5 minutes each. Longer if I'm sitting in the sauna.

Length
    Chin/BSL/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Hope you like it, and if you don't (should it weigh your hair down), there's also the CWC method to consider.
    Thank you! I sometimes do CWC when I'm too lazy to detangle before shampoo'ing my hair and I know it's really tangled. Makes it so much easier! I'm trying the WCC later today so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    I usually just follow whatever time it's instructed on the particular conditioner. Some only take 1 minute, some up to 3, it depends. But I don't set a timer or anything, I just waited around for assumed time. Can't be bothered to bring my phone in the shower!

How long has it been since you clarified? Sometimes if you go too long without clarifying, the build-up in your hair will cause it to become more dry.

For me, I need to clarify at least every two weeks or my hair starts to be really tangled and dry, but it depends on the person/hair how long one could go without clarifying.