Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will I be Burned at the Stake for Extensions

Default Will I be Burned at the Stake for Extensions

First is it inappropriate for a guy to consider extensions? I guess that is my first question. I'm 55 so I see growing out my hair to any length past the ugly stage to be a race between growing it out and having it fall out. I'm also a licensed stylist(just finished school in May, have my license and will start my first job on Monday) so it would be more in line with my business and up selling my guests for this service.

Just wondering if I'll be banned from the forum

Length
    Shldr/MBL/MBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Will I be Burned at the Stake for Extensions

Not at all.

General rule here is "I'm not here to decorate your world," and you should do with your hair what makes you happy. Plenty of us do damaging things to some extent. I use my blow dryer some times and I straighten my fringe/bangs almost everyday, for example. I am positive there are others here who can specifically comment on their use of extensions.

However, people who do damaging things to their hair and then come bemoan what they did after the fact...there is probably some decent eye-rolling as we type back our helpful responses!
    2a/M/ii
    Shoulder * APL * BSL * MBL

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

GET OUT !!!!

Just kidding...Why should it be inappropriate? It isn't.Do what makes you happy and comfortable,but remember to post pics then,please

Pics, or it didn't happen, as everyone says here I've never seen a man with hair extensions, so I'm curious I admit As a stylist, would you be interested in the male market for these extensions? I know about hair-plugs and some of the other products advertised at men with balding heads, but I never thought of hair extensions.
    Last edited by humble_knight; July 13th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

Type
    1c/M/ii

I don't really know much of anything about them, but they look like they would do a good job of pulling hair out. Particularly so hair that is already considering the whether to stay anchored in, or to throw caution to the wind and bid life farewell! (I'm 61 and my hair seems to have made a decision - waving farewell as I'm sweeping it up off the sink, the floor, out of the shower, etc....)

Don't you have to attach them to the base of your hair? Doesn't this pull like crazy? They look to be somewhat heavy and you seem to have to wear several, isn't this very hard on your hair, not only causing friction where it's attached, but the weight pulling on it?

Just curious. Be interesting to see how it goes for you - and good luck in your new position!
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It's appropriate for any guy or girl to do anything that makes him or her happy so long as it's not hurting anyone else.

The issue with extensions is, they damage your natural hair (which I'm sure you know, as a stylist). If you are OK with that, and want the extensions, by all means, GO FOR IT!!!

Oh, and the only rule here is: PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

It's your hair and you are free to do whatever you want with it. If you want to cut, color, straighten, blow dry, curl it, and get extensions, it's entirely up to you.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Yes. You will most definitely be burned at the stake....it is obvious witchcraft to go from short to long lustrous locks in the blink of an eye! I cast thee out!

Bahahahahaha

Do whatever makes you happy!

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

It makes sense to me. Most people find their hair gets thinner as they age and doubly so for men. May as well level the playing field for yourself. I don't see it as different than using henna, conventional dyes, or any of the other things many people on here do. Anything people do to alter their natural hair is bound to be unnatural in some sense, so you may as well have fun with it. I myself am going to try some Aveda Root Madder to make my hair a little redder.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

A man with extensions, I must admit, is a little "odd" to me personally, but if it makes you happy, then by all means: go for it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)