Thread: Advice for hair type

Length
    10 in/32 in/??
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Default Advice for hair type

I was wondering if any of you have methods that might work for hair like mine. I know that is a lot to ask, so I am just asking for your ideas not an exact answer (unless you have one :P ). My hair is a mix of medium and coarse hairs. It usually won't absorb things like oils; believe me I have tried. I know it needs moisture and some protection because it gets really hot down here and I curl it from time to time (non heat). The ends right now are a bit crunchy since I haven't been able to condition lately; that will be fixed this week through clarifying out the shea. anything you guys can think of for a 1b/ m/c III-IIII like me would be appreciated.

Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Advice for hair type

I like apple cider vinegar rinses and henna/placenta packets.. The packets are around $1 each. With my hair, my ends get crunchy or even velcro-like about every 4-5 months where nothing I do works for it.. and I apply just plain dawn soap to the last 3-4 inches of my hair, and wow at the difference. I put about a dime size in a bath cup and fill the cup with water, then pour it over my ends. Some people would probably think this as a horror.. but it works for me. After I do that, my hair is so weightless and my waves look better. Happy growing
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof4 View Post
    With my hair, my ends get crunchy or even velcro-like about every 4-5 months where nothing I do works for it.. and I apply just plain dawn soap to the last 3-4 inches of my hair, and wow at the difference. I put about a dime size in a bath cup and fill the cup with water, then pour it over my ends. Some people would probably think this as a horror.. but it works for me. After I do that, my hair is so weightless and my waves look better. Happy growing
    That is pretty harsh, but you're basically clarifying your ends... just with dish detergent. No wonder your hair is "weightless". I'm glad it works for you, though!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I have hair very similar to yours. Lately I've been using a coney deep conditioner as my daily conditioner whenever I wash my hair. I never stretch washes any more than 2 days and I rely on coney leave-ins with oils. I think the combination of the oils with the cones help to absorb into my hair without weighing it down or making it greasy. I also clarify about once every 2 weeks and I adore SMTs. I do those about once a week.

Length
    10 in/32 in/??
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Nice to know I am not alone there :P

Length
    Chin-/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

@kidari - i also don't stretch washes. i feel like the more i leave my hair dirty, the drier my ends get!! isn't that counter intuitive?? is there any value in washing "our hairtype" MORE often??
    Perspective pries your once weighty eyes and it gives you wings.

Length
    10 in/32 in/??
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

I have trouble with that too. my ends get crunchy while, after 2 days, the top is stringy and limp. My hair is just fussy. I was wondering if anyone has tried vitamin E oil on their hair, alone. I would think if you need moisture that would do it. Anyone know?