Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cover up hairtoys

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Default Cover up hairtoys

I am looking for things to cover up small parts of my head. I have had to be careful with the hairstyles I do, because I have about four bigger-than-coin-size bald spots near the front of my hair, and I prefer for them not to be visible. But I still want to be able to do those styles and not show off any spots. So I have been trying to think of ways to cover them up. Can anyone give suggestions, particularly of kinds of hairtoys that might do a good job covering, and where to get said toys? Scarves might be a good idea, but I am not comfortable wearing those yet. I have some decorative bobby pins, but they pull and I'm worried they are going to pull out more hairs than I can afford to lose. Maybe normal clips with a flower or something on top?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Cover up hairtoys

It's kind of hard to give advice as I'm unsure of exactly where these spots are. Half ups? Does that work?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AAHE1MEnfixuYPcb7
    Does this photo work? These are my two biggest spots, three are some more in other places.
    I have gottengood at covering them with my hair, I'm not looking for hairstyles that will work. I'm trying to think of ways to cover them up if I do some hairstyle that I'm proud of, and then realize they are still visible, rather than just taking out ask of my work.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yes, exactly, that's why I'm asking if you have issues doing a half-up, because then suggesting things that are neat for that style are easier.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Just looked at the picture; guessing a half-up is a no-go. I had bald spots going through the start of puberty, when hormone imbalance at the start of it made me lose a lot, a lot of hair. I just got dragged back there, not a fun time, I can tell you that much. Is it permanent? Maybe wearing it down is the only way then? How do you usually wear it?

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I have trouble with any sort of French braids at the front of my head, some buns too. Half ups specifically aren't particularly a problem.

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I almost entirely wear my hair up. Even with the spots it's thick and gets in my way if I leave it down. I used to do a single English braid down the back everyday, and I still do that a lot, but I actually do a whole lot of stuff now, mainly lots of different braids, and I have started doing buns too. As long as I am careful to not pull my hair tight back it's generally OK. But it has started to get harder to keep the spots covered.
    I've been dealing with this for about six years. We're pretty sure it's Alopecia Areata, which is an autoimmune disease, so yes, permanent, though it comes in waves. This is the worst it is been

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DTaK47YPs66sWWq76
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/4iFuBVdKKJN7hPAX8
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/D7bd4fTVkUS2W3uGA
    Here's some of the kind of styles I do on a regular basis (the last one is a bun on the same side as the spots I showed, and in the same day)
    Because my hair is thick it doesn't take all that much to cover up things, I just can't generally mess with the front part of my head.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I haven't dealt with bald spots but I think you could play around with "swoops". If you've seen any of Bernadette Banner's hairstyles, you may know what I mean. You could probably strategically pin them to cover the bald spots.

ETA: This is what I mean.

Bernadette Banner's Everyday Victorian Style
    Last edited by Shorty89; January 3rd, 2023 at 09:02 PM.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Braided Lady View Post
    I am looking for things to cover up small parts of my head. I have had to be careful with the hairstyles I do, because I have about four bigger-than-coin-size bald spots near the front of my hair, and I prefer for them not to be visible. But I still want to be able to do those styles and not show off any spots. So I have been trying to think of ways to cover them up. Can anyone give suggestions, particularly of kinds of hairtoys that might do a good job covering, and where to get said toys? Scarves might be a good idea, but I am not comfortable wearing those yet. I have some decorative bobby pins, but they pull and I'm worried they are going to pull out more hairs than I can afford to lose. Maybe normal clips with a flower or something on top?
    Have you thought of getting bangs cut in and train them foreward and clip them bown over those parts