Page 98 of 163 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: The official hair typing thread

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: The official hair typing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bright View Post
    I can't tell if I'm 1b, 1c or somewhere in the 2s... When I don't brush it or wring it out in a t-shirt after washing, my hair looks like this:

(Photo from October)

When I brush it, it frizzes/poofs out. If I put in braids when it's damp, the resulting waves stay intact for days. But my natural waves straighten out if I touch it or put it up/take it down too much.

What do you think?
    Definitely need to see back and with your hair properly prepped for hair typing. Styling can really affect natural texture. Curious tho: I think I see a ringlet?
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Length
    Buzz/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Wendyp View Post
    Definitely need to see back and with your hair properly prepped for hair typing. Styling can really affect natural texture. Curious tho: I think I see a ringlet?
    I followed the guide re: styling (this was my hair after washing & air-drying, no product or brushing) but I didn't have anyone around to take the photo from behind. Next time I wash my hair I'll see who's around to help. Thanks!
    Buzz CL SL APL MBL WL HL TBL – Classic
    Last trim: 2024-05-09 • Henna: 2023-05-26

Length
    Buzz/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I'm back with a better photo! This is how it looks today after following the hair typing guidelines:

What do you think?

Length
    Buzz/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I was actually confused for a minute which thread this was, because hair typing can sometimes look a little 'messy' (for want of a better word) whereas your hair looks just beautifully styled I know it's not, obviously, but it just goes to show how naturally beautiful hair can be all by itself
    Aha, thank you! That photo doesn't catch how frizzy it looks in person, but I'm getting used to frizz as a feature instead of a bug.

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Maybe 2a/2b.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'm back with a better photo! This is how it looks today after following the hair typing guidelines:

What do you think?
    Wow, the back has loads more texture than the front! I see wurls, though they're quite big wurls. It reminds me a lot of stray_mind's hair and I think she ended up being 2b/2c. I don't think 2a does justice to the wurls, but the waves are too elongated for full 2c. What is it about the 2s in the typing system being useless for texture like this?! We really need that 2d classification, not quite 3a but very elongated spirals - or 2a/2c but alas that's not an option either.

2a/2b just feels wrong, but also 2b/2c would usually indicate tighter waves 2b could be a fair compromise perhaps?
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

What do you think?
    2b for sure. Would even venture 2b/c especially due to the mid-section!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    bald/APL?/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Help! I honestly have no idea what my hair type is anymore (unless "frizz" is a hair type? It never used to be this frizzy!)

Here is a picture that was taken today, after washing, no styling, air-dried:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/JQ6hapekQjQxZWyL8 it's been so long since I've been here that I'm not even sure how to add an image anymore...

It has been a while since I typed my hair (almost a decade?) and I'd like to know if I'm treating it correctly for the type.
    Lady Aemanaeka with the Eyes of Yce in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    Current Length: Almost Waist
    Goal Length: Waist/Hips/Tailbone/Classic
    Wife number 87.

Quote Originally Posted by .Amanaka. View Post
    Help! I honestly have no idea what my hair type is anymore (unless "frizz" is a hair type? It never used to be this frizzy!)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JQ6hapekQjQxZWyL8 it's been so long since I've been here that I'm not even sure how to add an image anymore...

It has been a while since I typed my hair (almost a decade?) and I'd like to know if I'm treating it correctly for the type.
    I dont know about the exact type, but you definitely have waves! Having "no curl, just frizz" is the quintessential wavy hair experience. There's a LOT of information on styling and techniques and etcetera on this forum, but the very simple addition of a styler with hold (like a mousse or a gel) could make all the difference for you!
    And also an important note- don't worry if your waves "straighten out", or get frizzy over the days. That's normal and just part of the versatility.
    growing to APL

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by .Amanaka. View Post

my guess is 1b/1c since it's quite straight but with slight wave, a tiny bit more body than 1b
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed