Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a simple way to save a record of all of my blog posts and inbox messages?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Is there a simple way to save a record of all of my blog posts and inbox messages?

Hi Mods!

I'm curious if there is a way in which I can go about saving all of my blog posts and messages in my inbox for my own personal use.

I know that I could copy and paste each one but I'd love to know if there is a way to download all that data at once for storage.

Thanks

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Is there a simple way to save a record of all of my blog posts and inbox messages

jane_marie, take a good look at the bottom right corner of your inbox. It should be there. Click on the box.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Is there a simple way to save a record of all of my blog posts and inbox messages

I'm still trying to figure out how to download my blog as well. Mods, I'd love some help with that when you have time.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I don't remember ever coming across a way to export blogs in my years of poking around and my search of VBB resources didn't turn up any such abilities either. Sorry! We are lucky that the PM messages are so easy to export in bulk.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    I don't remember ever coming across a way to export blogs in my years of poking around and my search of VBB resources didn't turn up any such abilities either. Sorry! We are lucky that the PM messages are so easy to export in bulk.
    Okay thanks so much for getting back to me!

Type
    2a/C/iii

Your web browser can save a page either as complete HTML, HTML-only, or plain text. I suggest plain text because it is the smallest.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Hey Ed! Thanks for responding! If a page is saved like that are the links still accessible as well?

Say I want to save my blog and all the comments attached to it? Do I need to use a webcrawler/spider for that?

Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Hey Ed! Thanks for responding! If a page is saved like that are the links still accessible as well?

Say I want to save my blog and all the comments attached to it? Do I need to use a webcrawler/spider for that?
    You can save the blog pages individually. That will include the comments.

I save a local copy of everything that I have ever posted to the Internet.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Okay! Thanks! I really appreciate the info.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Another option that involves going through each post and saving it manually, is to print to pdf. Hit ctrl p and select "save to pdf" as the destination option. The links in the pdf are then clickable and images are included.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*