Page 322 of 443 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 4430

Thread: Knee and Beyond

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: The knee-length and beyond thread

Thanks guys,

Sarah hopefully before the end of the year.
    Musical Spoons, it is the way of things, I am technically, at ankle when wet but what does that matter?
    It is ok, it will get there when it will get there.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

So pretty, Ligeia.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Thanks guys,

Sarah hopefully before the end of the year.
    Musical Spoons, it is the way of things, I am technically, at ankle when wet but what does that matter?
    It is ok, it will get there when it will get there.
    True, true.

I think I'm still impatient when it comes to milestones partly because I've not been consciously growing all that long, relatively speaking - the first milestone I called on LHC was FTL; then mid-thigh, (lower thigh,) knee, (and knee+). The ones in brackets were to keep myself sane If I ever could grow to floor, I think I might have to - at least mentally - call lower calf between solid calf and ankle, again for the same reason. Starting my actual intentional growing so late meant never having had the satisfaction of calling shorter milestones, nor developing the patience between ones further apart - *hopefully* if I had, it would have taught me more patience ... maybe

Totally different topic, but what do you guys use to detangle? I've been wondering if the thickness of the teeth on my wooden comb aren't actually so good for my hair My Denman brush is actually okay if I'm reeeeeeally careful, but it takes out all texture and I'd prefer not to do that too often.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I first had a wooden brush from the Bodyshop.
    It had those little balls on top of the tines.
    Hair kept getting stuck in there.

So I switched to the Original Tangle Teezer.
    Brushed a lot better, less hair coming out, but I really found it to be awkward to use LOL
    The brush regularly went flying across the bathroom.

So, I finally got the Tangle Teezer Wet Detangler, which has a handle!!! YAY!!
    Such an improvement!!! It is also more gentle/flexible than the Original Tangle Teezer.
    I love this brush! (on dry and on wet hair)
    I have a black one, but now I recently ordered the festive one, silver sparkle, with glitter! Yay!
    Last edited by eresh; December 3rd, 2019 at 06:25 AM.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Gorgeous Ligeia. Amazing length gain too! That braid is superb!
    And, I noticed you have an "old fashioned" coffee grinder in the background. We have one just like it!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Gorgeous Ligeia. Amazing length gain too! That braid is superb!
    And, I noticed you have an "old fashioned" coffee grinder in the background. We have one just like it!
    Thank you and yes it is. I am a sucker for old stuff.

Regarding detangling, I have a EIA comb but I still prefer my old conair because the teeth are close together and finer. It feels to me, that the other does not detangle as well and, when I comb with this finner one, there are still tangles left. I was looking for a seamless one for a while now and have finally ordered a very similar comb to this old conair but from Sageman.
    So, i am excited to see the difference. I do brush with my TT and i am in need of a new one. The teeth are somewhat bent. I have the thick and curly but maybe I'll go for the new one they just got out for finer hair if the teeth are atill long.
    It is only to occasionally brush when dry. TTs do not detangle my hair texture at all. I've always used a fine comb.
    I did see the Madora too but they are overpriced and in the reviews a lot of people showed pictures of them breaking off easily.
    So basically to not break my hair much and not disrupt the texture, i only comb when wet and once a week.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Ligeia, wow you are so close to ankle/floor! That is awesome!

Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Ah, Sägemann - I'd seen them recommended a while ago on the forum and there are a couple that caught my eye on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A36QMN3A8CGWDF and https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hercules-S%...F50JVP77N5HMKH - I'd prefer a longer one in this style but the 6" one is 3 times the price. I'm waffling, undecided, and also waiting until I have some more money anyway. Whichever one worked best I would use daily ... maybe I'm talking myself into it though I feel like I ought to only try one rather than both, but then if I decided to try the other anyway, two deliveries would be worse for the environment ...

I considered a Tangle Teezer, especially as the Fine and Fragile one seems to be well-received here, then decided against it because I don't want to daily be brushing any texture out. However I then remembered that there are occasions - only occasions - when it has crossed my mind that it would be worth trying. I later stumbled across an excellent cashback deal (from a site I've long used, it's reliable) which made the TT work out at under half price, so I decided I better had because I'll never see an original at that price ever again! A dupe/knock-off maybe, but not a brand new actual TT. It should arrive by Friday

Quote Originally Posted by maborosi View Post
    Ligeia, wow you are so close to ankle/floor! That is awesome!
    It's getting there Maborosi and how is yours going?

MusicalSpoons

I got a comb with close together teeth and a handle. Basically, i wanted something like my conair but seemless.
    I do not want the TT fine anymore tough because some said the teeth are shorter.
    I love my thick and curly. The teeth are longer though. Which is a must. But it is getting bent and i was thinking a more gentle one would be a good upgrade but not if it does not have the reach of the thick and curly one.
    I think they just assume thick strands thick hair and fine strands thin hair...
    Besides, i barely use it anyway.
    Last edited by Ligeia Noire; December 11th, 2019 at 12:16 PM.

Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    It's getting there Maborosi and how is yours going?

MusicalSpoons

I got a comb with close together teeth and a handle. Basically, i wanted something like my conair but seemless.
    I do not want the TT fine anymore tough because some said the teeth are shorter.
    I love my thick and curly. The teeth are longer though. Which is a must. But it is getting bent and i was thinking a more gentle one would be a good upgrade but not if it does not have the reach of the thick and curly one.
    I think they just assume thick strands thick hair and fine strands thin hair...
    Besides, i barely use it anyway.
    Yes, I have a fine-toothed wooden comb which is perfectly hair-safe but still with the problem of getting rid of any texture. I'm hoping something wider and thinner might do the job - and with straight teeth, because I think the way the teeth on my wide-toothed wooden comb are tapered may be what's making it a bit difficult, plus they are chunky teeth too. I've decided just to try the wider one with the handle first; if I later decide to try the smaller one (with wider teeth) I'll wait to combine it with something else I need at the time.

I didn't think to look for comparisons to the thick & curly, but there was a specific comparison to the wet TT (more flexible than the original) saying they were about the same and fairly equally flexible. With your amount of hair though I imagine shorter teeth would be a complete dealbreaker! I'm only a middling ii though, not even upper ii so it's not so important for me. I'm glad you know about the difference, though, rather than having bought the F&F only to find it's useless.