Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deva Curl users!!

Miss Blue Head. :) BlackfootHair's Avatar
    In front of the mirror looking for whites.
    Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Deva Curl users!!

I just recently bought the Deva Curl Low Poo and One Conditioner. I absolutely love how they smell! The poo smells like mango and star fruit, and the conditioner smells like lemongrass. Very refreshing!!

I noticed it does bring my curls out more. But I also noticed my hair feels weird while it's wet and drying. It feels as if I put gel in my hair. When it's dry it feels fine. Has anyone else experienced that or is my hair just weird? Also, have you tried the other products? I'm tempted to get the lavender curl mister stuff....mmmmmmmmm!
    Rest in peace, little kitty.

Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Deva Curl users!!

Low poo ingredients:

Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75 Lanolin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-7 Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-10, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance.

One Condition:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Esters, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Oleo Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricia) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum)

Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Okay, I used this again last night...I can't for the life of my figure out why it makes my hair feel dry and tangled!! What gives?? I don't spot any protein on the list of ingredients!

Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I contacted Shari with the company and she said that my hair was dehydrated and I needed to use the no poo. I'm just wondering why my hair is all of a sudden freaking out. I wonder if my old shampoo and conditioner was hiding my damage and now this low poo is unmasking it?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Maybe your hair needs to get used to the new routine a bit?
    Give it some time before trying anything else.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I know I read a lot of reviews on it and the reaction was mixed. Some people loved it while others had similar experiences that I'm having. I'm tempted to try the no poo. If nothing else, I know I want to try the hair mask.

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Hmm, your hair is ok with cones right? I've heard some people on NC.com complain that the amodimethicone in Deva products builds up on them (even though it's technically a water-soluble cone). But I wouldn't think that would happen after just one use.

Maybe try the products seperately if you still have your old S/C around (like, old shampoo/one condition, new poo/old conditioner) to pinpoint if you have a problem with just one, or both.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Amodimethicone is not water-soluble in the slightest degree, and going on my experience with it, it does make my hair go nuts. Other cones can be fine, but I avoid that one like the plague.

Edit: Didn't notice the 'PEG' prefix. In that case, it is water soluble.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

From what I understand, Deva Curl is now making their products without the A-cone.

Length
    21/~28/33
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

It sounds like your hair either doesn't like Deva or doesn't like the way you're using it. I suggest coating your hair in One C before using low poo- just to protect it. Or switch to no poo & use low poo for clarifying occasionally. From the scent description it sounds like you're using Care Low Poo with the white label and Curl One C with the green label. You could try Care One C since it is a bit more moisturizing & see if that helps. It's a bit of trial and error I know but it can be fun!

I started off CG life with Deva Curl and then Deva Care. My hair hated both lines. Here's my 2 cents....

The low poo (Curl and Care) are both VERY drying to me. I think that Suave Clarifying is less harsh. The One Cs both built up on me pretty much instantly so every time I used it, it made more tangles instead of getting them out. I didn't use either for very long as you can imagine. Also, Care smells better than Curl IMO but that's just my nose. The only thing I still use is the Curl no poo (green label) in the summer when I need extra cleansing. It does a really good job of cleaning but I can't go near it in the winter because it dries my hair with all the mint.

HTH!