Thread: Scunci claw clip for fine hair - opinions ?

Default Scunci claw clip for fine hair - opinions ?

Hey everyone
    i just purchased my first claw clip from Claire’s it’s a scunci for fine hair black claw
    clip
    I was wondering if it will be damaging to my hair
    my hair is only almost APL - if that makes any difference ?
    I’m doing a wear your hair up for 30 days challenge and would like to try something new
    I just don’t want to wreck my hair using accessories
    Any advice is appreciated
    any recommendations at all
    thanks in advance

Default Re: Scunci claw clip for fine hair - opinions ?

I’ve got one of those, it feels like good quality, the springs are covered and the teeth feel smooth. I don’t use it often because I don’t want to put too much stress on my hair, and mine is just a little too short to put up loosely. I don’t think it would be a problem at your length though.

I think it’s good to vary the placement so you’re not doing exactly the same style and putting the stress in the same place every day. Mini claw clips are good too, you can distribute the weight around a bit more and change the style as often as you like. You can even use them for buns.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I used a claw clip from a dollar store (Saldo) all the way from APL to hip when I was growing out. I saw no issues with it at all.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thank you both of you for replying that’s a relief to know as I’m excited to try new things with my hair
    I’m bored of it right now and I don’t want to style it with heat or anything damaging so feel quite stuck

Length
    13/36/45
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

The claw clips I tried years ago ate my hair. The new ones seem to be so much better made—even the same brand! So I use them now all the time.
    My growing thread on thin hair - Cut: Sept/Oct '16 - ~25" - 30" MBL - 32" WL - 34" Hips - 37” TBL | Thickness @pony: 2.5" 2/17 - 3” 4/18” - 4.13” 3/18 Thickness @BSL: <.75" 3/17 - 7/8” 4/18 - 1.5” 3/18

I have and use a variety of Scunci claws and they have been very gentle on my fine silver with no visible damage.