Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightblooming henna

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Nightblooming henna

Does anyone here use Nightblooming's henna on blonde-light brown hair? I'm torn between Kitsune, Bright Copper and Strawberry Blonde. My original colour is a light grayish blonde and I want a result that lands somewhere in the area of strawberry blonde to medium copper (I don't want it to become too dark, no darker than the brightest colour in my signaturtre/avatar, preferably slightly lighter). I'd love to see pictures or hear experiences Right now I think maybe mixing Strawberry blonde and Bright copper is the way to go? (because of the price of shipping to Norway, ordering samples isn't really an option for me).

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Nightblooming henna

You might find these helpful

[IMG]The center strand is a control lock of medium blonde, the end of which is dipped in a blend of all the colors. Color Swatches top to bottom: Enyo War Goddess Ruby Red, Kitsune Fox Fire Red, Fire Genasi Bright Copper, and Rusalki Strawberry Blonde[/IMG]

And more tests on medium blonde hair:

color blends (bottom) compared to different types of 100% henna (top row), an uncolored control lock (center), and then our red blends (bottom). Bottom row left to right: Rusalki Strawberry Blonde, Fire Genasi Copper, Kitsune FoxFire, and Enyo War Goddess.

With Flash

Indirect sunlight Left to right: Rusalki Strawberry Blonde, Fire Genasi Copper, Kitsune FoxFire, and Enyo War Goddess.

Indirect sunlight Left to right: Rusalki Strawberry Blonde, Fire Genasi Copper, Kitsune FoxFire, and Enyo War Goddess.

Backlit by sunlight: Left to right: Enyo War Goddess, Kitsune FoxFire, Fire Genasi, Rusalki Strawberry Blonde.

Direct sunlight. Left to right: Rusalki Strawberry Blonde, Fire Genasi Copper, Kitsune FoxFire, and Enyo War Goddess.

Direct sunlight. Left to right: Rusalki Strawberry Blonde, Fire Genasi Copper, Kitsune FoxFire, and Enyo War Goddess

I hope that helps!

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Oh, the foxfire is super pretty. Seeing stuff like this is making it hard to stay committed to growing out my natural color.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I personally use Genasi. My hair is darker than yours (brown), but I do hit it with a little Sun-In once a year to lighten up the new growth. I think your color would be similar or lighter to this:

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Oh, the foxfire is super pretty. Seeing stuff like this is making it hard to stay committed to growing out my natural color.
    I was thinking the same thing! The foxfire is gorgeous. Now even I kind of want to start henna
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    Neck/APL/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I really need to stay out of henna threads

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hmm, I'd go with the strawberry, since you don't want it too intense. Or the copper... possibly.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thank you so much Nightshade! That was indeed super helpful I think I'll start with strawberry blonde, as I do want to go lighter than my current haircolour (I'm not gonna do anything to change my ends, I figure they'll lighten a bit naturally, and if I feel like it in a year or two maybe I'll do some sun-in on it). The copper might be the right one too, but I think I'll start with the lightest and take it from there

Can I ask, how long those hair samples was left with henna? Was it mixed with water or something more acidic?

Also, your hair is totally #hairgoals!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PixieP View Post
    Thank you so much Nightshade! That was indeed super helpful I think I'll start with strawberry blonde, as I do want to go lighter than my current haircolour (I'm not gonna do anything to change my ends, I figure they'll lighten a bit naturally, and if I feel like it in a year or two maybe I'll do some sun-in on it). The copper might be the right one too, but I think I'll start with the lightest and take it from there

Can I ask, how long those hair samples was left with henna? Was it mixed with water or something more acidic?

Also, your hair is totally #hairgoals!
    Aw thank you! Since there's chamomile already in the blends I just use hot water (steaming not boiling), mix, cover for 4 hours for dye release (although you can probably do sooner since it dye releases so fast), and then I leave it on for 2.5-3 hours depending what I'm trying to get finished before rinsing it out.

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thank you very much! I'll be ordering when I get paid next!