Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can your height impact how long your hair looks?

Length
    Chin/MBL/Wl
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Question Can your height impact how long your hair looks?

I hope that question doesn't sound silly but I have wondered for the longest time: Does height impact how long our hair looks. Im pretty tall and have "Short" hair (about 2 inches below the armpit I think) and I wonder if I was short, would it appear longer?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Can your height impact how long your hair looks?

If you were short, you would have less hair, but it would appear longer, yes, if you go by body markers.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    22"/26.5"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Absolutely! My hair is about 22" measured as is the norm on here, on me the longest point of it is at the bottom of my bra strap (the rest at the top of it). I would imagine that that length would be a hell of a lot shorter on anybody taller than my meagre 5'1". I think it'd be about armpit length on most others!

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Yes, I am always whining about this, lol. While the length would remain the same the shorter the person the faster their hair will (usually) reach body markers. I have a friend with mid thigh length hair. On me that length might stretch to classic length. Sad but true, lol.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

I'm only 4'10" so my hair appears to grow long really fast, when in fact it's just the height deception.

Maintaining at hip length | Growing out natural color

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by enterafox View Post
    Absolutely! My hair is about 22" measured as is the norm on here, on me the longest point of it is at the bottom of my bra strap (the rest at the top of it). I would imagine that that length would be a hell of a lot shorter on anybody taller than my meagre 5'1". I think it'd be about armpit length on most others!
    Yes that's about APL on me

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    SL/CBL/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by enterafox View Post
    Lol yes 22" is exactly APL on me.

As to the original question, yes I'm 5' 9" and when i joined here my hair was exactly shoulder at 17". When i joined the shoulder to APL thread I noticed that a lot of people who were nearly APL had the same measurements as me. I'm at 19" now but have watched a few people reach APL and leave the thread with 18 or so.

Length
    Ear/WST32/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Yea I'm 5' 8.5" and my hair is 25.75" which isn't even a proper BSL on me. My hair doesn't really look very long but probably would on somebody else :/

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Yup, I'm 5'9" with a short torso, so past HL, everything is really spread out

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    21/35/30
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I'm 5"1 and I think my hair in in the 22 to 25 inch range in my profile pic (which really needs updating). My current 32" (approximately) goes a little way onto my bottom. If I measured that length on my much taller boyfriend it would probably be about mid back

Lady Vör, Tome Guardian and Wisdom-Keeper in the Order of Long Haired Knights