Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of these late anniversaries.. 1 year and pics

Length
    7"/32/70"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

Default One of these late anniversaries.. 1 year and pics

So i joined here about a bit more than a year ago. This place was just what i stubled upon when looking for clues online on how to grow my hair long and healthy. Very very long and healthy. And just stuck here because it was a fun place to be at with a good community. It turned into more than just here for some informations. I ended up staying for the gossip too. Lol.

Well.... When i came here my hair was all virgin and seldom heated. But with a random blunt layer down the middle that happened because at the beginning of my journey i needed to cut back some damage but i did not want to loose much length, but i had tons of damage, most of which was at the canopy. So i cut of an inch from the length and about 5 inches from the canopy....

yeah...

picture time?Pretty close to when i first started. About two months in. This is just my brushed out hair in fuzz mode. But its the best one to show the very random blunt midle layer...
    This here is my hair at hip+ ..not that bad. But i was reaaaallllyyyy starting to hate that middle layer. Because i saw a lot of pictures of nice thick hair all the way down and i wanted that. Very badly.
    Le chop. All the way to bra strap.. Sad but happy at the same time. I now had all the ends where i wanted them and i could micro trim much easier like this.
    Not too long ago. About a month ago i reached waist with my hair straightened. I must say, i am glad i chopped my hair off for a blunt end. It seems i am lucky in maintaining the bluntness and my hair seems to grow pretty evenly. It would be quite cool if i can make it to hip+ again with such neat ends.
    And somewhere along the line i did this to my overgrown bangs. Its still there. I love it. Hope to grow it out with the rest of my hair and maintain my green as far as i can. Makes for cool braid accents. (Altho right now its limited to braids close to the from of my hair, like crown braids and french braids and such )
    Well.. This is all this past year has had for me. Hair related anyhow. Pretty cool.. Twas here where i asked for advice on the bangs thing. I even managed to get my husband on the long hair cheering squad thanks to you guyz and your pictures.. And my little sister has reached classic length because i brain washed her thanks to you guyz pictures (i most certainly ain't the inspiration, what with my not impressive hair and what not)

Ah yes. Sweet memories... I love my hair sooo much more now. Thank you very much fellas for being here to provide inspiration at all times. I have always been the type to get bored with my hair and do something drastic and such (bangs provide an outlet for drastic things, i suspect they will eventually rainbow out someday)

I love my hair sooo much now that i don't think i will ever be any shorter than where i am now unless medical condition and life threatening things happen. I wish to grow my hair much much longer. And eventually join in on the fun over at the knee and beyond thread... I hope. I dunno where i will end.. But certainly no less than classic..

Peace!
    Last edited by Marbid; December 19th, 2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Weird stuff apeared

Length
    chin/apl/waist
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: One of thise lat anyversaries.. 1 year and pics

congratulations, you've made a lot of progress and your ends look great

Length
    1/8"/22"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: One of thise lat anyversaries.. 1 year and pics

I really enjoyed this post!

I'd love to see more one year stories.

Length
    12"/65"/60"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: One of these late anniversaries.. 1 year and pics

Congratulations on your progress! Looking very good!

I think your bangs are cool and it's great you have somewhere to have fun with dye or whatever. I bet it does make for a nice accent braid! That must be fabulous! You should take pics, that would be so great to see that.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Congrats!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Beautiful hair!
    I also love the green streak, it is very unique
    It would be great to see pictures of the green streak in braids.
    ~APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL -TBL - Classic - Beyond~ Currently at 43 inches
    Lady Sitir, Keeper of the Cloud-Grazing Flock in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    YouTube:My Science Project|Hair Videos|Mental Health Videos

Length
    7"/32/70"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

Thank you everyone! I shall post some pictures of green braids over in the braid oicture thread.... Or the general pictures thread... Depends on the picture type.

Congrats! I love the bangs

Length
    7"/32/70"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

Something like this... If only they where longer. Oh well.. One more year and the bangs will be enough to stuff in buns. And then colurfull buns will happen.

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

OOH! Those bangs!
    *covet*

The length looks good too!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.