Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 years of growth, 6 months here, and a haircut. [Pics]

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default 2 years of growth, 6 months here, and a haircut. [Pics]

I did the big chop back in April of 2012 after my hair was left devastated by bleach. I went from APL wavy (probably BSL stretched but I really don't know!) To a short, choppy, ugly pixie. In February of this year (2014), I reached APL, and a few weeks ago I chopped off 4'', leaving my hair all virgin and all one length besides my bangs (which I'm still growing out impatiently).

Without further ado, a brief picture timeline of my hair journey thus far:

Bleached hair before the pixie (March 2012)

[the dark brown was because of black dye i'd been growing out from a previous short haircut.]

The Pixie Cut (April 4th 2012)

Late July 2012

November 2012

Bob! A little past chin length, + self-cut blunt bangs. (1 year of growth, April 2013)

October 2013

March 2014, before my haircut. (~23'')

April 2014, my current hair! (~19")

I hope I didn't overdo it with the pics!! I apologize to anyone with a super slow internet connection or old computer. ^^;

The funny thing is, after that 4'' chop, my will to keep growing has diminished a lot. I actually feel like going shorter!
    Although with the haircut I have in mind, I have to wait a few months before my bangs would be long enough to do exactly what I want, so I've got plenty time to think it out. (It'd be kindof like a pixie, but with longer layers, and with long bangs and sideburns that are no shorter than chin length. Think "anime boy" hair.) *shrugs* I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Edit: Realised the reason it thought I had too many pictures was because of emoticons. Re-added some pix I deleted because of the pic limit.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: 2 years of growth, 6 months here, and a haircut. [Pics]

You sure came a long way! I'm sure you're glad to be rid of all the damage now. Congrats, and happy growing!!!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    6/32/34
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Hey there! I love looking at pictures!(though i am one of the people with a slow internet connection, but they loaded in the end XD).

Anyway, I think all of those hairstyles suit you! I can't really choose a pic I like most, but I have to say, I think you looked amazing with short hair, so if you end up choosing to cut your hair shorter, it will look just as awesome

Also(because I remember seeing one of your posts about something like this-though I don't mean to hijack your thread), I thought I'd share: I have this problem, because I equally like both long hair and short hair, I tend to get confused about my gender identity, or more like, if I have long hair(it's around MBL right now), I look more like a girl, so of course people(including myself) will see me as a girl. But then I start thinking, if I cut my hair short again, I won't look THAT much like a girl, therefore the line between boy-girl will be blurred...And I don't really identify as a girl, but , I mean when I look into the mirror and see a feminine looking person, I can't help but feel that I'm closer to being a girl rather than neutral/genderqueer/a combination of genders :S Do you ever feel like this for these reasons? Like your appearance might be too much like one gender or the other?

Monday you can fall apart; Tuesday, Wednesday, break my ,
    Thursday doesn't even start; it's Friday, I'm in love!

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

You look super cute with a pixie! But I think your hair would be gorgeous if you grew it out too!!

Length
    4/TBL/CL+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

While your long hair is gorgeous, I think you rocked the pixie too. Your hair is SO pretty.

I intend to be thought elegant, glamorous and extremely vulgar, because nothing is so glamorous as vulgarity, and there is nothing so vulgar as elegance.

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

That is impressive growth!
    Your hair looks very healthy.

I agree that you wore the pixie really well, too! I hope to some day chop off my own hair and try out a pixie on myself, but as it is, I keep on growing...

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

All of them look great on you! Your natural colour is lovely.

Length
    0-2/37/42
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

You look adorable in the pixie! I have to say that you rock all the different hair lengths very well, so you have a lot of different styles to choose from. (Lucky!) Also, I'm a little envious of your shiny and smooth hair. ^_^
    ...Did anybody say purple?!
    CBL APL MBL Waist Hip TBL Classic

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I see something special at every length on you. I really like all looks.
    Thank you for sharing the story and pictures. Congratulations on the all virgin hair

I actually understand what you mean about how you feel after the recent cut.
    I always preferred APL on me and its been my goal to get it back plus longer! Somehow after my recent cut to SL I find I really enjoy it, so my urge and rush to grow fast has faded. I feel more free to enjoy my current look and also free to change it or cut it again if I want to. It feels good not to be in a rush anymore. I am undecided where to go from here and will take it day by day.
    I hope whatever style you choose you love and rock it with pride. You are very beautiful and I look forward to seeing your hair journey evolve.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    6/HL+/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

It looks amazing, so shiny and healthy! Good luck with the growth
    Lady Bainwen, Scribe of Glorious Horizons in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Ear-Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL->Waist-HL-BCL-TBL-Classic