Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ''We can see your scalp''

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: ''We can see your scalp''

People talk, they always do. Some people don't like my long hair, that's there problem. I don't like it short and it's my hair so..
    One specific woman says I should cut it short all the time. Funny thing is that she is growing her hair. Maybe jealousy?

@littlestarface Whuuuut? What kind of mean things can they say to you about your hair?

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I don't get hair compliments IRL. Just people saying that it's thin.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    28/39/44
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I feel this so hard. My hair is past hip length at this point and I don't think I've gotten a single compliment, neither about length nor condition. All because my hair is thin, and thin hair is hardly ever recognized as beautiful. Meanwhile I have two friends who've had waist-length hair, one of whom is a natural blonde nonetheless, who were showered with compliments all the time, despite the fact that they were brutal to their hair (they've since chopped).

It sucks. You just gotta keep going, knowing that it makes you happy.
    MBL | WL | HL | TBL | HL | TBL | CLSSC(?)

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Some of us have thinner hair and some have diarrhea of the mouth. I would rather not treat people that way and hurt their feelings. I agree with Arctic, think of a few good comebacks. Not mean and not delivered in a mean way, just enough to let them realize how rude they've been. Some people really are clueless about such things.

The other thing I thought of is how I used to be...one person could say one thing to make me feel bad and I felt like it was many people doing it. You may not be that way. I'm older and more crusty now, lol. I try to be very kind to others but I also try to ignore unfortunate things that others say....most of the time that works for me.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Know that you are doing this for you. You do not need anyone else's approval for what you do with your body. I have thick hair, but was actually bullied for it in grade school ("medusa", gum in my hair). Nobody has the right to criticize another person and make them feel bad about who they are. I vote you hit them back with a dose of their own medicine. After all, if they are dishing it out, then that makes them fair game.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kake View Post
    I found more frequent washing to be the best way to hide my gaps and cleavage. Scalp washing is an option.
    Yes I wanted to touch on that. The longer my mom goes without washing (and she can go a month), but the more she gets "cleavage" - it just happens. So maybe if that is why, you can scalp wash. She has i hair (still verges on i/ii), but basically it's i. So yeah, it can be worse!

In any case, don't let it bother you too much. No reason to get overworked about something as "simple" as hair - it's just not worth it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

If I wore my hair down I would probably get the same thing. So I always wear it up, unless I get a bun fail, then I get, oh your hair is really long with an admiring tone of voice. I try to make nice buns and use pretty toys to get recognition for my hobby. Do not forget the Toppik from Sallys or the Cabooki you can get on line to cover the scalp cleavage. These are fantastic products that really do what they advertise. I wear some when ever I go out with a hairdo that requires a part. I often wear it in my front hair line as well. I do not however do french braids because it would show scalp on every twist.

do not know your hair length but there are nice up dos for every length. Ebay has lots of hair toys that are sparkly and under $10.

Ps; short thin hair is much than long thin hair because it can't be camouflaged. Worse comes to worse consider hair extensions. I have even worn these for a bigger bun. Parandi braides make hair look thicker too.
    Last edited by bparnell75; March 15th, 2017 at 10:57 AM.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

I want to know how one scalp washes. I used to wash bangs when I wore them years ago. but how would one wash just the scalp without getting all the hair wet?
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    I want to know how one scalp washes. I used to wash bangs when I wore them years ago. but how would one wash just the scalp without getting all the hair wet?
    You can do it with a bun covered in plastic bag/shower cap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBOVM-dHlc
    You can do it with a braid held by hand above head or held by bra-strap over a sink/tub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwREj8Kadlo
    You can do it using PonyDry: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=136047
    etc, etc...
    Some tips here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=119848

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Since you are venting, I won't flood you with suggestions on preventing scalp showage, but shall instead off some virtual tea and cookies and a couple of thoughts.

The first thing am thinking here is to consider the source. Some people make comments are are well meaning about it. Still hurts, ouch! Other people though...they make comments just to sting and they tend to be real good at spotting what is the most hurtful. If it wasn't your hair, it would be something else. If this describes any friends of yours, I would suggest demoting them to acquaintances or making distant family a little more distant. This is harder for family your might live with or for co-irkers (I mean workers, co-workers...that irk!) In that case, deny them the reward. If you like to snark, you can snark back, otherwise, making it so that you are the world's most boring target. If you give them no reaction, they don't have anything to feed on. Go ahead and be rude, keep doing what you were doing, give a mono-syllabic grunt and turn your back on them, pick up your phone and start fiddling with it, become intensely interested in that spreadsheet/scrubbing that counter/insert menial job task here.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.