View Poll Results: What are your favourite hair lengths?

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chin or shorter

13 5.26%
  • Shoulder

12 4.86%
  • Armpit

10 4.05%
  • Brastrap/ Mid-back

36 14.57%
  • Waist/ Hip

122 49.39%
  • Tailbone

98 39.68%
  • Classic

82 33.20%
  • Thigh

54 21.86%
  • Knee

33 13.36%
  • Calf or longer

26 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is/are your favourite hair length(s)?

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Talking What is/are your favourite hair length(s)?

Since this is a broad question, let's split this up: Favourite to look at (on other people and such), and favourite to wear on yourself!

My favourite lengths to look at on others are probably waist, tailbone, thigh, knee, and ankle.

My favourite lengths that I've worn thus far have been mid-neck (which bounces up to about chin length thanks to my waves), APL, and Waist. I think I'd really like TBL but I've never been that long before. Anything past TBL would be too long for me, personally.

A lot of people seem to hate APL, but I'm really liking it! It feels long to me, but it's easy to wear down and doesn't really get in the way. My waves really show at this length, as my hair is long enough to be wavy rather than flippy, but not so long as to weigh them down. Before APL I was so impatient to move forward, but I feel quite comfortable here. I can also braid my hair, which is a huge plus!!

Enough from me, let's hear from you!

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: What is/are your favourite hair length(s)?

I like the look of classic and beyond, but when I approach classic, I start to find my hair requiring more care than I currently care to give, and I usually cut back to tailbone.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

I like APL/BSL for myself personally--I feel it's very flattering to my face shape and shoulders etc. Past that my head starts to seem rounder than I'd like because my hair starts to lose volume.

On other people, anything goes. Just depends on the person and how they feel about it, the confidence they've got.

Length
    APL/50/Knee
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

On others it's pretty much BSL and beyond (as long as the BSL is exceptionally nice- if that makes sense) but especially knee length and longer. I just love to look at people's hair, so even if it's shorter than bsl, it could still be awesome... for me, usually if it has extreme gravity defiant curls of awesomeness... I'm not sure if I'm making sense. I think I need a nap...

On me, I don't know what length I like my hair to be. For a long time it was around classic-fingertip (my arms are long, so that may be mid thigh) and I always dreamed of it being knee length. I don't know if it never got there because I had hit terminal or because I didn't take care of my hair so well at the time (though I didn't blow dry it, I did wear it down most of the time and it would get tangled and I would have to do some ripping to get the tangles out). Soooo many people wanted me to cut it. But now... I wonder if they'll be mad at me if I let it get there again, especially if I get it there while keeping it healthy. Maybe then I could get it to knee... or longer... I just won't dance with it down. Ever.
    ~If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking~

Length
    ?/39"/45"
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I like TBL and beyond for myself personally. For others it's pretty much any hair length is beautiful to me.

Length
    waist/waist/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

On myself I think I prefer classic to mid thigh length, personally. I've never had hair longer than waist though, so that might change as it grows. I just think classic and thigh length look best for my shape. On others, I think any hair length is beautiful as long as it is well kept.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

For myself I think I would like Classic best. On others, any length is good as long as it is beautiful, healthy hair.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

On others? I don't really care. I think any length can be beautiful. On me? Anything ranging from waist to classic.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I think waist is one of the most flattering for women, but honestly, I appreciate well kept hair of any length. I think my favorite for myself was TB.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

For purely aesthetic reasons: BSL, Tailbone, Thigh, and Calf. I like the lengths that fall in between rather than right at body division lines (APL, waist, classic, knee) because it doesn't make such a double visual hard stop.

That said, I've seen lovely hair at every length. The above is just a generality on visual principle