View Poll Results: How fast does your hair grow per month?

Voters
556. You may not vote on this poll
  • My hair doesn't grow!!!

9 1.62%
  • Less than 1/2 an inch per month

154 27.70%
  • 1/2 inch to 1 inch per month

345 62.05%
  • Between 1 inch and 1 1/2 inches per month

37 6.65%
  • Over 1 1/2 inches per month!!!

11 1.98%
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast does your hair grow per month?

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: How fast does your hair grow per month?

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    I didnt really know so I had to check and do the math, I think it is around 1 cm to 1,5 cm but I am commenting here because someone shared this comment on my latest video

"Just for fun, try http://www.allvidzhaze.com/phptest/hairgrowth2.html which gives a couple estimates of your terminal length of your hair based on a couple formulas I found on the Internet."

I believe that website is from the founder of the tlhs the defunct german long hair forum... I do not quite know what to do the results.
    I... probably didn't do it correctly, because the result I got was shorter than what my hair currently is. And I'm not at my terminal length. But I don't know what I could possibly have done wrong either.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    16"/46"/long
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I don't measure it but i'd say a bit more than 1/2 inch per month. At this point i'm almost happy it doesn't grow faster so i don't have to go through the entire colouring ordeal as often.

I said that my hair doesn't grow b/c i haven't had it cut in several *years* and has been terminal at TBL for the majority of those years.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post
    I said that my hair doesn't grow b/c i haven't had it cut in several *years* and has been terminal at TBL for the majority of those years.
    That's probably because of breakage, though, and not because your hair isn't growing from the scalp. This poll refers to the growth from the scalp, not overall length gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    That's probably because of breakage, though, and not because your hair isn't growing from the scalp. This poll refers to the growth from the scalp, not overall length gain.
    Ooooh, I must have missed that part. Most of the replies seemed to be talking about gains in length. How do you even measure growth from the scalp when you hair is terminal?

Account Closed by Member Request

Yvla I dont quite know what that is all about, it didnt make much sense to me either.

Type
    2b/C/iii

My hair grows a little over 0.7 of an inch every month. Just measured.

Type
    1b/M/iii

My hair can grow as little as 1/4 inch per month to as much as 1 1/2 inches a month depending on my diet and supplements. 1/4 inch is when I'm eating low protein (40-50g a day) and taking no supplements. 1 1/2 is when I'm eating 150g of protein a day and taking hair and nail supplements. I'm currently in the middle, eating 100g of protein a day, and taking some low strength hair and nail supplements. I get about 1 inch a month this way.
    EL - CL - NL ​- SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL ​- ???

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post
    Ooooh, I must have missed that part. Most of the replies seemed to be talking about gains in length. How do you even measure growth from the scalp when you hair is terminal?
    Sorry for my late reply, I haven't visited this thread in ages. I must say I have no idea when it comes to all virgin hair. My brain is still in sleep coma so it's not working properly either, though.

As an update to the topic of the thread, since I've actually been properly measuring my hair growth from demarkation, my hair seems to be growing 1.2 or 1.25 cm a month now. I've been taking supplements (multivitamin, collagen, D3+K2) for a little over a month and I eat relatively healthy in general. I do occasional scalp massages with or without oil. Nothing I do causes a major difference in my hair growth, only some millimetres. I don't experience stalls or growth spurts.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I started FTL in January. It's now mid-March and I am 1 inch and a bit over FTL, so growth is going at 1/2 inch a month, just like normal and average.

I have to tell you, I have gone back to chin twice since I was here and once from hip to BSL (damage, dye, perms, henna, the lot) and I have *never* expected "spectacular" growth. Never ever. It is what it is, and I accepted it, I mean, that's the best you can do while giving your hair the best care it can get. Eat well, take care of it, that's all you can do.

And you'll get there in the end, if you are patient enough!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)