Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Question re public boards

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    That was my thinking. Anyone could register just to buy things, which will then give them access to the parts of the site we keep non-public for the very reason that we don't want just anyone seeing them.
    They still have to have 25 decent posts to see the blogs, albums and social groups and 100+ posts over 60+days to see what is arguably the most sensitive part of the site, the community meets. And anyway, if someone buys off the swap board, how likely are they to be the kind of creeper we don't want?! If they never post they won't get access to the parts creepers want to see anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    I know that. Please don't misunderstand. I only meant that it seems like most people are comfortable with the buy/sell being public and so that isn't likely to change.

Personally, I think it's great that people looking to start into using hair toys can turn up results for LHC. I mean, different people come here for different reasons. Some people (like me) get results for LHC while researching henna, other people probably find it because they are looking for styles and some... I assume might type "hair fork" into google. If you want to keep a community alive you need a stream of new people. So, it makes sense that buy/sell is visible... just my opinion of course.
    THANK you.

I've said it before, I totally understand that people might want the seasonal swaps to be private with all the personal info shared there. I still do not think the entire swap board needs to be.
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; December 2nd, 2019 at 07:21 AM.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness