Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amish Pins

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Amish Pins

Does anyone know if brown colored (as opposed to the standard silver metal type) amish pins are sold anywhere?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Amish Pins

I think Amish pins only come in metal. There is such a thing as regular U-pins (crinkled or plain) and the stronger, dancers' Bunhead pins. Regular U-pins and Bunheads come in blond, brown, black.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Where can you get the regular U-pins in brown at?

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

They usually have the regular brown u-pins at beauty supply places, Sally's or the like.

The amish ones really are much better, but I feel you on not liking the silver. I hate how they stand out in my hair. I haven't tried Bunheads yet, but I'd like to: I hear they are a step up from the regular ones, and they come in colors.

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I am considering coloring the top of mine with some black nail polish. I have tried many a pin and only two stay in my hair- The crinkly Amish pins and Spin Pins.
    Change is the only constant.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Roseate View Post
    The amish ones really are much better, but I feel you on not liking the silver. I hate how they stand out in my hair. I haven't tried Bunheads yet, but I'd like to: I hear they are a step up from the regular ones, and they come in colors.
    This. My hair laughs in the face of normal U-shaped pins. The straight Amish pins are much better strength-wise, but they slipped out of my updos sadly (I've never tried the crinkled ones though).

I admit, I have coloured in the tops of a few of mine in Sharpie, and then washed it off later.

I like ravenreed's idea of painting it. I'd probably use a sharpie too, like pepperminttea

Quote Originally Posted by ravenreed View Post
    I am considering coloring the top of mine with some black nail polish. I have tried many a pin and only two stay in my hair- The crinkly Amish pins and Spin Pins.
    I like this idea, please let me know if it still glides into your hair the same way if you end up using the nail polish...

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    This. My hair laughs in the face of normal U-shaped pins. The straight Amish pins are much better strength-wise, but they slipped out of my updos sadly (I've never tried the crinkled ones though).

I admit, I have coloured in the tops of a few of mine in Sharpie, and then washed it off later.
    Yes I definitely love the amish pins, but the silver does stick out like a sore thumb, especially when I use the longer ones, and I would love for them to blend in more. I have tried the U-pins before but they don't hold the same way...
    Last edited by CarpeDM; February 16th, 2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: sp

Bunhead pins?