Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1067

Thread: Thick haired folk, unite!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Thick haired folk, unite!

Personally, I love aluminum (Ravenslair, Quattro). These work the best, especially 2-prong forks.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for hair sticks? The only one that really worked for me without breaking or giving me a headache..it was SOOO comfy, was Nightbloomings hair stick! Sadly it went in the washer machine by accident and that was the end of it...now all the hair sticks I get are too big, fall right out, break and are uncomfortable
    Flatter stick and small metal sticks are working better than most things for me right now. Flat bone sticks are best for me.

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    I like thick acrylic sticks, I'm very good at breaking wooden sticks but acrylic sticks feel like they're unbreakable. I just haven't found sticks that are not too pricey, I bought a couple of sticks from etsy but they're a bit too sharp for my liking.
    I saw some nice ones on Etsy too! Sadly the thick ones hurt when I do a LWB...hmm maybe I am doing the bun wrong I wish my hair was longer so I could test it with the nautilus bun!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Personally, I love aluminum (Ravenslair, Quattro). These work the best, especially 2-prong forks.
    Thanks! I'll check them out for sure! I need to learn how to use the forks, but from the videos I saw they seem simple enough to use

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Flatter stick and small metal sticks are working better than most things for me right now. Flat bone sticks are best for me.
    I'll check this out! I currently have a long metal stick and its not working too well...maybe a shorter one would work much better The flat bone ones sound interesting as well!
    currently approaching tbl

Length
    22/44/50
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I have a question. What kind of hair ties does everyone use? And can you send me a link or a picture of them? Ive always used the thinner ones by Goody. Not the smaller thin ones, the larger thin ones. I can get them around twice. The problem is when I take them out they are all stretched out. I can get a maximum of 2 uses out of it so I am constantly buying more.

These are the ones I use

Length
    15”/23”/45”
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I mostly use burly bands. I just throw them in a laundry bag after using them and when I run out I throw it in the washer, the go back to their original unstretched size. Mine are in the washer right now, so I don’t have any to take a picture of. I occasionally use invisibobbles and I wash them the same way.
    Stretched: NL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I use these. https://www.amazon.com/100PCS-Ties%E...=beauty&sr=1-4

They stretch out after a couple of uses but they are also really cheap. Lately I've mostly been using the thinner scrunchies.

Length
    WL/FTL/FTL?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I use ones similar to these (this style of hair tie, made from rolled fabric): https://www.target.com/p/scunci-hosi...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've also used some of those spiral phone cord type ties because I wanted to try them out, but I don't think I can really get them to hold well that easily, and they're sort of tangly to take out because hair gets caught in the spirals. They also tend to stretch out, but I think they can still be usable after that and they'll eventually unstretch to some extent. Sometimes I also use scrunchies (from assorted brands/stores), but for the most part I wear buns or braids so I don't end up needing to use hair ties for ponytails that often.
    waist / hip / tailbone / classic / fingertip / knee / calf? / ankle? / floor? / terminal??
    knee by 2021?

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

I like my wooden hairstick from Bijou Bridgitte. Yeah, it's thick and sturdy.
    Cut off tailbone hair to bob <3
    ...and then buzzed my hair off.
    I work here: mobilny dietetyk gliwice

Length
    42/46/51/56
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

Not sure if I'll get an answer since this is a really old thread (I also read all 101 pages....well skimmed) and it looks like it's almost dead, but has anyone had success with those helix hair toys from furnival that look like giant spin pins/hair scroos? My hair is pretty thick but it's also very straight and sleek, so everything just slides out like I've oiled all my strands So I'm hoping something like a giant scroo would hold. I did have success with spin pins when my hair was much much shorter (I'm an inch shy of classic) but I had to use at least 4.

I've finally been able to do the nautilus but it doesn't hold securely with sticks which is why I'm looking. My main concern with them is that they're really big so they might be pull away from head causing pain due them being so big. I could never do an infinity bun or it's variations for that reason. I would stick a stick or a fork in to try and hold it but the weight of my hair would pull the whole thing away from my scalp and put so much strain on the scalp hair I weaved through it hurt.

Also, I found this absolute giant of a claw clip at Woolworths (supermarket chain in Australia) a few weeks ago and it actually holds up my nautilus if I clip just the bun portion and not the bit of hair that goes round. https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/p...-xxl-claw-grip It's the size of a very large paddle brush, really thick and has a super strong hinge. Variations seems to be popping up now which is good. I do wish they were more round, like an octopus shape though. I personally find the octopus shape prettier.

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by imalda View Post
    Not sure if I'll get an answer since this is a really old thread (I also read all 101 pages....well skimmed) and it looks like it's almost dead, but has anyone had success with those helix hair toys from furnival that look like giant spin pins/hair scroos? My hair is pretty thick but it's also very straight and sleek, so everything just slides out like I've oiled all my strands So I'm hoping something like a giant scroo would hold. I did have success with spin pins when my hair was much much shorter (I'm an inch shy of classic) but I had to use at least 4.

I've finally been able to do the nautilus but it doesn't hold securely with sticks which is why I'm looking. My main concern with them is that they're really big so they might be pull away from head causing pain due them being so big. I could never do an infinity bun or it's variations for that reason. I would stick a stick or a fork in to try and hold it but the weight of my hair would pull the whole thing away from my scalp and put so much strain on the scalp hair I weaved through it hurt.

Also, I found this absolute giant of a claw clip at Woolworths (supermarket chain in Australia) a few weeks ago and it actually holds up my nautilus if I clip just the bun portion and not the bit of hair that goes round. https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/p...-xxl-claw-grip It's the size of a very large paddle brush, really thick and has a super strong hinge. Variations seems to be popping up now which is good. I do wish they were more round, like an octopus shape though. I personally find the octopus shape prettier.
    This is going to sound crazy but I think that going the opposite way is actually the best course of action. When you but something huge in your hair ir divides the hair up more and increases the amount of length you need to get around the object. I know Milady_DeWinter has super thick hair and has used one helix forks in the past but her hair is long (Past tailbone... maybe classic by now?). So, it's possible to get those to work on thick hair but I think it has to be quite long. My most reliable sticks are my quattro serpentines which are very slender and sturdy. The company no longer makes that item but they do have some plain metal sticks that are similar https://www.etsy.com/listing/2647151...17%3A264715167. I think those sticks are sleek and minimal but I could understand if you think they are boring... if that's the case I would check around etsy for similarly sized metal sticks with toppers and such.