Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 5977

Thread: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    Wow!!! The color came out really gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Wow, Tiff! That's a much warmer shade than I'm used to seeing with indigo. Very pretty : )
    Thank you both. My natural color is quite red and I was surprised at how much the hendigo toned it down. I may along the road start tapering the indigo whenever I decide to stop coloring my hair to kind of grow the color out like a reverse ombre.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Gorgeous hair! I love the little bun. You mentioned a preference for all one color. When I had this problem, I used Nightblooming's method to lighten the length. It took some of my natural brown out, sort of out from under the henna. I think might would for a natural blonde, but I'd certainly strand test first. Alternately there are some herbs that impart a bit of other color. Perhaps adding one of these to your mud would give a result you like. It wouldn't be an exact match, but closer to the rest of your hair. My result wasn't an exact match, but so close you can't see a demarcation. Are you using pure henna?

Again I love your hair. If you ever take a front picture with that little bun l, or a closeup I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjanuary View Post
    I
    have a photo of my hair for once! I asked my partner to take one tonight because I was proud of the little bun I made.
    (I'd prefer to have all one color but I don't want to cut it)

Last edited by Liz_H; December 23rd, 2021 at 03:56 AM.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

DropStitches has some about 100 posts back, 5 or 6 pages

Jane99 has some pictures a few pages back
    Her hair was darker than yours, maybe even black.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures of red henna on dark brown hair they could share? I'm thinking of trying lush rouge henna as a first timer.. hmmm... but I have naturally dark brown hair.
    Last edited by Liz_H; December 23rd, 2021 at 04:08 AM.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

My hair is lighter than sammich’s, it’s an ash blonde!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Your hair was very pretty before, but it looks amazing after the coloring.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffPhares View Post
    I use a henna/amla/indigo blend 20/10/70 that backs a deep chocolate color. I do it as a staggered 1 step process. I have also used Light Mountain's Dark Chocolate with similar, albeit more drying, results.

I never really understand how to upload pics to be viewed in the thread, but here's a link to my Flickr. I am sitting with a batch on my head as I type...if it oxidizes differently this go I will upload more pics.
    https://flic.kr/ps/3XKrFc

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

There are some hair color recipes like that.in melissa lyn herold/nightshade's book. She sold a custom dye mix in her Etsy store. Not sure she still does.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LY..._dp_b01lyyp4lf

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'dhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LY..._dp_b01lyyp4lf like to try henna one-day but I'm not a huge fan of orange I like more of a ruby red colour I guess I'd be out of luck there
    Last edited by Liz_H; December 23rd, 2021 at 10:18 AM.

Length
    buzz/31/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Liz_H View Post
    DropStitches has some about 100 posts back, 5 or 6 pages
    Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Sammich, DropStitches, down thread, has dark hair & her henna looks so gorgeous.
    Oops, clearly I haven't checked this thread in a while! Thanks for the shout outs!

My hair is pretty dark brown, with an ever-increasing sprinkle of silvers. I actually just did my roots at the weekend, so can show you what it currently looks like. As with all henna-ed hair, it varies pretty wildly according to lighting - this is about as red as it ever looks, in fairly direct natural light:

This is it in less direct, natural light:

It's fairly uniform from root to tip, but this photo makes it look darker at the ends because of how the light hits it:

I hope that helps whoever was thinking of dyeing their dark hair with henna!
    Growing out a buzzcut since September 2019
    buzz -- mess -- chin -- SL [18.5"] -- APL [22"] -- APL+ [25.5"] -- MBL [27"] -- WL [29"] -- HL [32"] -- TBL [38"]

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Oooh, the henna adds such a nice warmth to your head dropstitches! Lovely

Length
    buzz/31/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Oooh, the henna adds such a nice warmth to your head dropstitches! Lovely
    Thanks, Jane99! The warmth is one of the things I love about it - my natural colour is quite cool-toned, especially since the silvers showed up. Here’s an old photo for comparison - taken peak awkward pixie grow out!

Hello girls,
    I am a new one and I donīt know, if this site is still active. I hennayed hair maybe 10 times I think (I do henna every week because I want beautiful red colour). I tried Egyptian Five herbs henna, Sahara Tazarine, BAQ Rajasthani or BAQ Raj henna, I tried Ayiumi henna or Auburn Henna from Henne Color. Any of this colour not go to red, everything I have to coppery tones. I tried only henna with water, henna with acidic things, with hibiscus powder, without. I tried application immediately after mixing and application after dye-release (18 hours). Every layer I had on my head about 4-5 hours. For me nothing changed. I dont know If I ever get the really red colour, nothing coppery.

This photo is actually of my colour. Nothing like red. I thought that so many application can do my hair redder.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183094...posted-public/

Please help me with the colour. Thanks.