Page 592 of 598 FirstFirst ... 92492542582590591592593594 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 5977

Thread: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

Length
    3/20/28
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

Hey does anyone use red raj? Do you get a more vibrant colour leaving it on overnight compared to leaving it on for a few hours?
    Many thanks
    Vicky

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by captainjanuary View Post

I have a photo of my hair for once! I asked my partner to take one tonight because I was proud of the little bun I made. I got some hair forks for Christmas and I thought they wouldn't work for me, but they've been so fun and are a much nicer/easier way to put up my hair than bobby pins. When the whole length is up, the hair fork doesn't flatten it all like a lot of bobby pins, so they even make it look like I have loads of hair, like some users here.

I've got dry shampoo in with this photo (because of greasy second day hair) but it is also a good example of how henna can look different in different lights. Normally it looks more like my avatar in photos. The ends are darker, because I've been making an effort to only henna the roots for a couple of years now. This is 100% jamila henna dye-released for 12 hours or so, frozen, and then defrosted, left on for about three hours. I originally have light blonde hair. I've been enjoying the length and the color recently, even if it isn't perfect (I'd prefer to have all one color but I don't want to cut it).
    Your hair is amazing! Don't cut it it looks so perfect!

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

This is Jamila henna mixed with a little bit of amla on my medium brown/ bordering on dark brown natural color. I’ve been using BAQ henna since about 2007 or so. I do roots only, sometimes roots only glosses, and I leave it on for about 3 hours. I turned 49 a few months ago and still don’t have a ton of grays, but I do have some, and I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to get away with henna since the color the grays turn I don’t think would look good if it was all over, but as of now it’s staying mostly brown (and brown with a reddish tone when the light hits):

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Long hair Vicky View Post
    Hey does anyone use red raj? Do you get a more vibrant colour leaving it on overnight compared to leaving it on for a few hours?
    Many thanks
    Vicky

I think it depends on your base color that you are starting with, and how well your hair absorbs color. Since mine is brown, and henna darkens, for me that would be too long (the higher the lawsone content, the more careful I am about leaving it on too long or it can turn a dark eggplant color, which happened to me when I first started using henna). Maybe if you have some shed hairs you can do a strand test and see how it turns out? Also maybe wait a few days to judge the color, it does tend to darken once it oxidizes.
    Last edited by renia22; March 22nd, 2021 at 07:36 AM.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Renia, that shine is phenomenal. What rich, vibrant hair! Thanks for sharing

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Renia, that shine is phenomenal. What rich, vibrant hair! Thanks for sharing

Aww, thank you so much Jane99!

Length
    BSL/WL/CL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by maborosi View Post

My henna'd hair in direct sunlight. Courtesy of my lovely boyfriend.
    I'm reading through old posts in this thread, trying to decide if I want to henna, and WOW. Your hair is stunning. It really reminds me of a red fox, being so long. I would love it if my hair looked like that one day. What is your base color? Looks like light brown maybe?

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I use a henna/amla/indigo blend 20/10/70 that backs a deep chocolate color. I do it as a staggered 1 step process. I have also used Light Mountain's Dark Chocolate with similar, albeit more drying, results.

I never really understand how to upload pics to be viewed in the thread, but here's a link to my Flickr. I am sitting with a batch on my head as I type...if it oxidizes differently this go I will upload more pics.
    https://flic.kr/ps/3XKrFc

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Wow!!! The color came out really gorgeous.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Wow, Tiff! That's a much warmer shade than I'm used to seeing with indigo. Very pretty : )